fb

Fantasy Writers

Talk… fantasy or no

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

hey I’m new here on the forum so yea XD I’ve already made an intro topic thing

excited to get to know y’all

we can talk about fantasy stuff but we can talk about rndm stuff too

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Jasmine
    @jasmine

@emma-walker

Welcome to fantasy writers!

What random\fantasy stuff would you like to talk about?

I AM afraid. I'm glad that I am. That tells me I need to be brave. ~W.M.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

hoio @jasmine

umm the fact you can make things up like sicknesses and mythology and stuff is really fun.

Although doing research for real stuff is helpful but now I know rndm info about, cystic fibrosis, patellar tendinitis, and pneumonia XDXD

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@emma-walker

Is it weird that I also know random things about cystic fibrosis??

Could you tell me more about those other two, though? I’m always open to new and deadly diseases to give my characters. 😉 My brother had pneumonia when he was little, but I don’t know a lot about it, and I’ve never heard of that other one.

“…I’m not the same person that I was…”
    “Some folks only grow more beautiful.”

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@winter_rose

yea I don’t find that weird. My uncle had it, and I’m most likely a carrier for it. And I have a book chara that has it too XD

there’s two different types of pneumonia. One that starts with bacteria and the other I can’t remember. I believe the one that starts with bacteria is contagious but I could be wrong. (It’s been a while since I’ve done the research lol) One would find it harder to breath, lose their appetite, and get chest pain (and some other stuff) and if it gets too serious the lips and fingertips of the person turns a grayish blue.

patelar tendinitis is technically not a sickness. It’s the swelling of the patelar muscle in the knee. Athletes like volleyball players and players of other sports that include a lot of jumping specifically get this.

Theres other types of tendinitis like in the elbow and others muscles too.

Hope that helped lol XD

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by Emma Walker.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by Emma Walker.

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@emma-walker

Yep! Both sound pretty interesting.

“…I’m not the same person that I was…”
    “Some folks only grow more beautiful.”

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

They are @winter_rose

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

Oooh, illnesses for characters! Fun Interesting!

@emma-walker

I think my mom has some kind of tendinitis, though I might just be thinking about the research I did for my science fair (really, really glad that’s over!). And a hearty welcome to StoryEmbers!

"The seed of the New World smolders. Bear the Flame."~The Green Ember.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@kylie-wingfeather

yepyepyep stuffnessssss XD evil writernesss to the maxxxx XDXD

that’s interesting lol

thanka!

Erynne
    @erynne

@emma-walker @winter_rose

This is so crazy. I know a ton about cystic fibrosis. I’m related to two people with it and there’s also a family friend that has it.

Do y’all have characters with it?

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by Erynne.

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne

i do have a character with it

Erynne
    @erynne

<p style=”text-align: left;”>@emma-walker</p>
    That’s awesome!

I mean the disease is terrible, but it’s kind of cool to know someone that knows what it is and includes it into their writing. I would love to hear more about this story for sure!! 😉

I got to make up an illness for my WIP and it is really fun! (That sounds awful XD) I didn’t do much research for it, I kinda just made it up as I went. The only problem was I grossed myself out with one scene as I was writing it XDXD

My next story I’m planning to write will include some sort of severe brain damage.  I haven’t done much any research on that though. Pneumonia will also be in that story I haven’t done research on that either bc I’m trying to finish my WIP first so I’m not overwhelmed. I would also love to hear about your knowledge on that as well. I will be doing my own research on it, but discussing it with someone that knows info about it would be very helpful!

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne

Yeap, although I wouldn’t know anything at all about cf had my uncle not had it.

Yea um it was originally created with a friend and I just roleplaying. She had been using one of her contemporary characters, and at the time I didn’t have a contemporary chara so I completely made her up on the spot XD

the roleplaying turned into a cowritten story, and it was a snippet  series on the YWW although I don’t think a snippet has been posted in a while.

Its a super fun story though, titled Into the Unknown.

That’s really cool, I have also created a sickness, although it hasn’t been used as often as I have wanted.

Woah. XD intramesting lol

Erynne
    @erynne

@emma-walker

Both of my siblings have it. I know you’ve done your research, but if you ever have questions about cf or what it’s like living with one (or in my case two) people with it, I am more than welcome to help out!

I love doing roleplays XD I feel like it’s a great exercise for character development.

What are your favorite books and authors? ( I saw your second intro, but I thought I would just ask here:))

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne

wow that would help a lot, if you could just explain yalls lifestyles I’d appreciate it.

Yas roleplaying is soo funnnnnn

hmm I love the Princess Academy series by Shannon Hale, and the Mandie books by Lois Gladys Leppard, and OH THE GREEN EMBER SERIES by S.D Smith is amazinggggg, also the books by Gail Carson Levine, and I can’t forget Pride and Prejudice. There’s probably more but that’s a start. Wby?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest