Fantasy Writers

Reintroduce Yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Kylie Wingfeather
    @kylie-wingfeather

This topic is for those who started SE and by the time they discovered the Introduce Yourself forum, it was kinda to late because they had been on here a while (Like myself). So, without further ado…

Name: Kylie Wingfeather (I’m not allowed to say my real name.)

Appearance: Thick brown curly (I’m not kidding; it’s really curly.) hair, hazel eyes, freckles, average height.

Pet(s): An American Staffordshire Terrier named Gunner and two pet rats named Éowyn and Midnight.

Likes: Books, writing, reading, drawing, singing (usually only in the shower), dancing (I do Irish Step Dance), my little sister, my parents…

Dislikes: My sister annoying me, people (and characters) doing something stupid, pain (like blisters from my hardshoes.)…

Sport: Irish Step Dance.

School: Homeschool.

Greatest Accomplishment: Getting 5th place (podium!) in my age group in my Traditional Set Dance at Oireachtas (Oh-rock-tis).

Siblings: 1 little sister

"He was still. And he was loved."

~The Warden and the Wolf King, The Maker

Kimmi
      @kimlikesart

@kylie-wingfeather

Welcome late to StoryEmbers!!!

I do Irish Step Dance too! It’s amazing, isn’t it? Do you have a favourite step move?

What is your favourite book, and why?

Welcome again!!

Do you happen to be on YWW?

Jominkreesa

Why is surviving important? Would you not rather die for the truth?

Winter Rose
        @winter_rose

@kylie-wingfeather

Nice to meet you!! Or re-meet you, depending on the way you look at it…

I can relate the annoying little sister problem. I have two of them, in addition to a brother who is only slightly younger than me, but he doesn’t bug me (much). Do you and her play together much? Or is there a big age gap between you two?

Yay! A fellow homeschooler! Do you know of any others on here? I feel like I’ve met some, but I’m not sure off the top of my head.

How long have you been dancing? And just out of curiosity, do you have any Irish in your family tree?

Sorry for all the questions. I always have many of them. 🙂

Welcome to Story Embers, and happy holidays!

"The best is yet to come."
          ~Origin unknown

Winter Rose
          @winter_rose

I knew about the introduce yourself thread, I just put it off for a really long time… I guess it’s now or never:

Pen name: Winter Rose

Hi everyone! I know a few of you already know me, but I’d still like to share a few more things about myself.

I started writing when I was probably eleven or twelve, but really got more into it this past year or so. Besides writing I have done a few kinds of dance, played soccer, piano, and guitar, and I also sketch and draw quite often.

Family: my younger brother, my two younger sisters, and my parents. (I also have fifteen aunts and uncles and almost twenty cousins.)

Pets: I have two guinea pigs named Sugar and Spice (they’re cousins), A brown tabby cat named Grouchy, her daughter Callie, and a male tom, Bob. And last but not least there’s Norbert, my pet rock. He’s temperamental sometimes.

~~~~

I hope to meet you all soon! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!

~Origin unknown

Kylie Wingfeather
            @kylie-wingfeather

@kimlikesart

NO WAY!!!! Another Irish Dancer! How long have you been doing it? Hmmm. My favorite step… I like rocks and twists. And favorite books… The Wingfeather Saga- Andrew Peterson, Lord of the Rings- J.R.R. Tolkien, Harry Potter- J.K. Rowling, Percy Jackson- Rick Riordan, Kane Chronicles- Rick Riordan, Chronicles of Narnia- C.S. Lewis… Sorry for the long list, but I read a LOT.

@winter_rose

Me and my sis do play, and they usually end up being very interesting games (usually something to do with How To Train Your Dragon because my sister is obsessed with it). There isn’t a huge age gap. Two sisters! No thank you! One sister is just enough. There are several homeschoolers on here, like @joelle-stone, @wingiby-iggiby, @jasmine, and several others. I have been dancing for five years, and I have Scots-Irish heritage. Oooh! What kind of dances did you do?

Winter Rose
              @winter_rose

@kylie-wingfeather

Oh yeah, Joelle and Wingiby are both in the collaborative story with me; maybe that’s who I’m remembering.

I took ballet and tap both for two years, and then jazz for one year. Our dance teacher stopped teaching at the place near us, so I haven’t been able to take lessons for a while. I really missed it, but I was busy with riding lessons after dance ended, and now I’m in a band, so I don’t know if I’d even have time for it anymore.

~Origin unknown

Joelle Stone
                @joelle-stone

@kylie-wingfeather,

You rang? 😛

Making something beautiful in a broken world can be harrowing work. And it can’t be done alone.
                  ~AP

Kylie Wingfeather
                  @kylie-wingfeather

@joelle-stone

Just telling @winter_rose who some of the homeschoolers are. Also, I suggest heading over to the City seekers topic. I posted some pictures I drew of the Five. I hope you like them!

~Kylie

Joelle Stone
                    @joelle-stone

@kylie-wingfeather,

On my way! 🙂

Making something beautiful in a broken world can be harrowing work. And it can’t be done alone.
                      ~AP

Crazywriter
                      @crazywriter

Name:Peter

Sport: American Football,

Book genre:Fantasy/Sci-fi

Pets:One massive chocolate lab that thinks he’s a lap dog. Seriously, he’ll just plop in between mine or my sisters legs.

Appearance:Dirty blonde/brown hair,(doesnt stay down unless i slick it), Blue eyes.

Livi Ryddle
                        @anne_the_noob14

@kylie-wingfeather

Percy Jackson! *highfives* And LOTR, yessss… And I’ve started on Harry Potter. I’m about a third of the way through The Goblet of Fire.

Name: Livi

Appearance: 5’4″, straight, dirty blond hair that’s about to my shoulder-blades, green/hazel eyes. I wear contacts. Without them I’m blind as a bat past 8 inches in front of my face.

Pets: Two dogs (a Great Pyre and a mutt who we think has some Pyrenees in him), a cat, two geese, a dozen or so ducks, and around two dozen chickens. Also we have a cow (not a pet, fattening him up to eat), and my mom keeps bees 🙂

Siblings: A younger brother (three and a half year age gap)

Likes: Bagels, books, coffee, tea, owls, writing, warm blankets, hugs, Sabaton (heavy metal band), Andrea Bocelli, 67-degree weather, spending time with friends, dancing, playing the piano and violin, Star Wars, Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit, chocolate, and singing (though I’m not good at it).

Dislikes: Needles, thunder storms with lightning, sudden loud, sharp noises, people who make a big deal out of something that isn’t a big deal (like making a fuss over a small misunderstanding – I don’t care who misunderstood who, or who didn’t make what they were saying clear, just stop talking about it and move on), hospitals, knowing that someone is in pain, spicy food.

Sports: Table tennis (I’ve played for about five years), bowling, and I’ve done some karate.

School: Homeschool 🙂

Greatest accomplishment: Uhhhh… winning second place with my dad in the family doubles event at a table tennis tournament we went to? Getting an A in both the dual-credit classes I took this fall? I really dunno lol. I’m not sure what I consider my greatest accomplishment to be.

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

Livi Ryddle
                        @anne_the_noob14

@winter_rose

Thaaaaat’s… a lot of cousins XD I have three, and they can be too much sometimes…

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

Skylarynn
                        @skylarynn

Name: Jade Thorne (Not my real one but I like this one better)

Appearance: Somewhere between 5’6″ and 5’10”, shoulder length defiantly straight (curls fall out in an hour) tangle-proof hair, wide hazel/brown eyes, tannish with a yellowy tint.

Pets: 17yo feral American Shorthair cat with a tortoiseshell coat and white socks named Tawney (but she doesn’t answer to it); 15yo 5lb 3-legged deaf and toothless papillon-chihuahua mix with cataracts named Little Bit

Likes: Writing, researching, learning, crafting, playing music, singing, history, cultures, mythology, animals, tabletop rpgs, LARP, etc

Dislikes: Immature/vulgar people or content, modern/urban designs, loud noises

Siblings: 2, one older brother and one younger sister

Genre: High Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, or Science Fantasy.  Currently have one High Fan project and one Urban Fan project I’m working on at the same time.

Kylie Wingfeather
                          @kylie-wingfeather

@skylarynn

I love your username! It sounds like something from a book (it probably is, though. :))

Skylarynn
                            @skylarynn

@kylie-wingfeather

I made up the name in middle school because I liked the nickname Sky but not the name Skylar, so I just added on to it to make Skylarynn.  Ironically, it is the name of one of my characters, particularly Skylarynn Evilian, a precognizant psychic.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Pin It on Pinterest