fb

Fantasy Writers

Is anyone interested in collaborating on a story?

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 622 total)
  • Author
    Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@joelle-stone

Thanks!

@everybody

So, did we decide if either A or B or both die in the end? And do either of them turn good?

“…I’m not the same person that I was…”
    “Some folks only grow more beautiful.”

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@winter_rose,

If I remember right, A dies and B repents. Or was it visa versa? *facepalm* Help, @melodyjoy! ;P

"For love is strong as death." -God

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@joelle-stone

If we’re going with A dies and B repents, one thought I or someone else had is that B’s son or daughter or someone he lost comes back? Like, they’re one of the game players maybe, and he finds out and that’s a factor in turning good.

Is The Kid still a part of this? Does anyone remember him? @mischievous-thwapling , that may have been before your time. =P

I have his character more fleshed out, and just want to make sure we’re still using him.

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@winter_rose @joelle-stone @melodyjoy @wingiby-iggiby (?? Perhaps I shouldn’t tag you?)

Yeah, I don’t remember any mention of The Kid. Would anyone mind a quick recap of him? If not, I can search the thread until I find something…though that might be time consuming, lol.

"I threw stones at the stars, but the whole sky fell."

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@mischievous-thwapling

Basically The Kid is working for Mr. B to help get inside information about the Cullings. And because he looks almost exactly like A’s deceased son, A develops a protective bond with The Kid, and when The Kid betrays A, A is heartbroken.

The Kid is a mysterious forth player. He somehow got into the Cullings illegally, and no one can really get him out of the games.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@winter_rose,

Ah, okay!! I joined after he was formulated and was a little confused with him. Thx for the clarification.

And oh boy. I don’t think Aleck is going to like him at all.

But if no one can get The Kid out, does he win something? Should we make one of our already created side-characters The Kid? Maybe he was supposed to win something, but even though he won and one of our contestants lost, the lost one wins and he loses? Trying to make nice connections here. 😀

@mischievous-thwapling

Welcome back! Is your profile picture a drawing of a certain dragon in a certain series? Did you draw it?

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@joelle-stone

That sounds good!

Ember Onyx is the placeholder name I had down for him, he’s in the doc of all the characters under Aiphus’s entrants.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@winter_rose,

Ah, I see, sounds good!! Once again, thx for pouring all that work into all those side-characters. 🙂

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Joelle Stone. Reason: Because I forgot Rose's tag. 😛

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@joelle-stone

No problem! 😉

Mel
    @melodyjoy

@winter_rose   @joelle-stone   @mischievous-thwapling

So, umm hi!

I’m a little lost as to what’s going on right now. Could I get a brief summary recap?

And Joelle, I don’t really know much about A or B or anything, cuz I didn’t originally do much planning on them. I can look around.

MEL

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@melodyjoy,

HELLO!!! Glad to have you back. 😀

We haven’t really been doing much other than regrouping and making lists of stuff to do. 😛 And no prob about Andor and Mr. B. We’re all working on them. I was thinking that making a brief list of the plot might be useful… What do you think? (You too, @winter_rose, @wingiby-iggiby (do you still want to be tagged?) and @mischievous-thwapling!)

Mel
    @melodyjoy

Okay, so I looked in my notes, and my google docs. I’m afraid I have nothing on most of this. I really only have a backstory for Andor (Neromiro Drake), and a “Mr. B’s Tragic Backstory” which was a google document link that was given by somebody. I don’t have anything on the Kid, or the further developments of Mr. B or A.

Hmmmmmm…

Mel
    @melodyjoy

@joelle-stone

Yeah, that sounds great!

I dunno if this would be helpful, but here is a list of everything we’ve been developing for the last 8 months (I can’t decide if that amount of time has felt short, or long… 😛 )

• Main Characters
    • Extra Characters
    • The Cullings (comprehensive guide, planet, ship)
    • The Games in the cullings (descriptions)
    • Branches of the Cullings (and correlating games as well as ways to incorporate them to go with the branches )
    • The Judges (high judges, individual game judges)
    • The Game builders (except I think we’re not really doing this… cuz it was too much like the Hunger Games? and I only have one, he’s supposed to be corrupt. Hetsu Shekuv (remember him? the guy who’s name sounded like a sneeze, lol :D)
    • Andor and Mr. B (and Kid?) stuff
    • Elite Unit (Jedi People)
    • Winners of the branches (I have a list, so if anyone wants to see that… I feel like there was some confusion)
    • Was it Joelle that was making a list of the countries and putting them into a map or something? Or was that someone else?

MELODY

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@melodyjoy @joelle-stone

A plot outline sounds good! Nothing super complicated, just something to tell us where we’re going to to help keep us on track… we’re definitely doing a roleplay, at least for now, right?

A while ago I sort of made a map, but it’s outdated because it doesn’t have all of the planets.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@winter_rose @melodyjoy @mischievous-thwapling,

Will work on that list! We’ll probably have to tweak it a couple of times… 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 622 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest