fb

Fantasy Writers

Is anyone interested in collaborating on a story?

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 597 total)
  • Author
    Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@winter_rose @joelle-stone

Do you guys know what I just realized? this stuff sounds like the Gamemakers from the Hunger Games… We have to be careful not to copy that.

If your dreams turn to dust... vacuum.
    ~Author Unknown

Mel
    @melodyjoy

@mischievous-thwapling

Ooofffff. **has nervous breakdown**  We can’t make it be the same, or people won’t think this is original… we could either completely eliminate this, or change the idea completely, I dunno. Any thoughts?

@winter_rose

Yeah, game programmer is fine 🙂

Yeah, they’re definitely not manual labors. I’m sure people could be hired (and are) to do that kind of stuff). And game programmer is fine too.

All those names sound great, too. We could even use those to branch off from Hunger Games stuff… except my overstuffed-with-Christmas-candy-brain can’t really think right now… LOL 😛

@joelle-stone
    and winter rose

Great people making! (I kind of need to read them… but I’m sure you guys are amazing, as always, from what I saw too 😛

MELODY

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@melodyjoy

I have no more idea on what to do than you do, unfortunately XD

@wingiby-iggiby
    @winter_rose @joelle-stone

What do you guys think??

~Author Unknown

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@mischievous-thwapling @melodyjoy

I’ve never read the Hunger Games (and aren’t allowed to), so I have no clue. :/ Sorry! Erm… yup, can’t think of anything. Maybe we should just keep developing then go for it? Stories have a way of sweeping you off to unique places. 🙂

"Lacho calad! Drego morn!"

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@joelle-stone @melodyjoy

Very true… Perhaps we should just go with that for now, then, if it still seems too similar, go back and figure it out later?

~Author Unknown

Mel
    @melodyjoy

@mischievous-thwapling

Sounds like a plan!

MEL

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Works for me!

Mel
    @melodyjoy

K, so what’s the development plan moving forward?

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@melodyjoy

On the last page there was a list of few things we had to finish up.

After that we could probably begin the roleplay on a new thread. Is everyone writing from first person? Because I had one character from third-person, but if she’s the only one I’ll just write from first person.

"The best is yet to come."
    ~Origin unknown

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@winter_rose,

Actually, I find writing in first person harder than third person, so I’m going with third person. 🙂

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@joelle-stone @winter_rose @melodyjoy

I’m fine either way. My current WIP is in first person, so if we do third person, I might be a little rusty at first, but I’ll try to smooth it out 😉

~Author Unknown

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@mischievous-thwapling,

Will do! (BTW, I love the new profile pic and quote. ;))

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@melodyjoy @mischievous-thwapling @winter_rose

Y’all here?

Here are the things we should do:

1. Get a solid list of all the games (name, judge for it, what happens in it, and winner)
    2. Get a solid Andor (what’s his different name again?) & Mr. B (what’s his name?) biography
    3. Start RP-ing!

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@joelle-stone (thank you for reinitiating this.) @wingiby-iggiby @melodyjoy @mischievous-thwapling

Should the characters inheriting the branch always win the game? Or could they lose and still get the branch?

Maybe whichever of us in charge of the branch should decide who wins. Or everyone decides what place their characters win.

There are some game options for the undecided games on page 35. Pick the ones we should use. Once those are confirmed we can choose an appropriate name.

I’m pretty sure we have Andor’s backstory and the judges for each game somewhere on the Details Posting page, wherever that could be…

A link to Mr. B’s backstory is also on page 35. Does anything need to be changed about it?

I found like a billion names for Mr. B and Andor but I lost half a billion of them so here’s the remainder. Let me know if you guys think of any specific meaning you want associated with the name and I can try to find some with that meaning.

Blamore, Brone, Brennus, Brioc, Bardrick, Bronach, Birne, Berrne, Borell, Balan, Balor, Bakarne, Baldovino (ok this one is kind of funny), Belial, Blade, Brioc, Briox, Belyle

Andric, Andiron, Andrion, Andir, Ardir, Ardor(noun meaning passion), Ardence, Arden, Aldor, Alder, Amadeus, Amatus, Amias, Amato, Armas, Anders, Ander, Aeron

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Winter Rose.

"The best is yet to come."
    ~Origin unknown

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@winter_rose,

LOVE your new profile pic!

1. I think if we have one or even two characters lose but still win, that would be awesome. 🙂
    2. Oh, we each have a branch? I didn’t know that, heh heh heh.
    3. I love your ideas for the Military and Legislative branch; we should definitely go with those! Scientific, Technology, TOU, and Diplomacy are all good, so that leaves Judicial and Medical to sort out. How about @melody-joy makes the final judgement for those since her characters win them?
    4. *facepalm* I may or may not have forgotten about that thread. *sheepish smile*
    5. I think we were just going to make a final biography that combined both of their backstories and mentioned what both of their roles are going to be. 🙂
    6. Thanks for your hard work on that! Here are my votes:
      1. Andor: (Personally I really like Andor) Arden and Andirion (yes yes, I know it wasn’t on the list)
      2. Mr. B: Briox and Balan

Once again, thx for compiling!

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 597 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest