Fantasy Writers

Is anyone interested in collaborating on a story?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 549 total)
  • Author
    Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@joelle-stone

Okay, thanks for understanding my little tangent.

No problem, I actually had quite a bit of fun with them. 🙂

"The best is yet to come."
      ~Origin unknown

Mischievous Thwapling
      @mischievous-thwapling

@winter_rose

Wow… You must’ve put so much work into those! TYSM!

@joelle-stone
        @melodyjoy @wingiby-iggiby Winter Rose
        So… rereading this, I noticed a few mix-ups. I thought Allor was winning Scientific, not Diplomatic, though I’m fine if he does win the latter instead. 🙂

And one losing character was missed… Allor’s twin sister, Wren. (One of mine) If that’s too many characters, I suppose I can cut her 🙂

Whatever we love deeply becomes a part of us.
        ~Helen Keller

Winter Rose
        @winter_rose

@mischievous-thwapling

No problem: I quite enjoyed it really. 😉

According to the most recent check Allor is winning Scientific… There’s a lot of stray data floating around out there so I’m not surprised it got mixed up.

And btw, I really like your new signature.

~Origin unknown

Joelle Stone
          @joelle-stone

@mischievous-thwapling,

LOVE the new quote! It’s funny with a tinge of realism. 🙂

Ooh, IDK! I think Allor was supposed to win Scientific, but things probably got mixed up. I’ll go back and look. 🙂

Yay, another loser character! Sheesh, that sounds SO bad, lol. 😛 Sry we overlooked her.

Making something beautiful in a broken world can be harrowing work. And it can’t be done alone.
            ~AP

Joelle Stone
            @joelle-stone

@mischievous-thwapling,

Yep, you were right? According to one of the first lists, Allor wins Scientific and Nori wins Diplomatic. 🙂 Good catch!

Making something beautiful in a broken world can be harrowing work. And it can’t be done alone.
              ~AP

Mischievous Thwapling
              @mischievous-thwapling

@joelle-stone

Thx! I also find it funny but also with that realistic reminder, too. It’s quite comforting 🙂

Lol XD I know! When we were talking about our “loser” characters, I always felt guilty referring to them as that. It’s totally fine! I get way more mixed-up. 😛

Thanks! I’d feel guilty if I hadn’t caught it.. Allor being my character and all… XD

~Helen Keller

Mischievous Thwapling
                @mischievous-thwapling

@winter_rose

Thanks!

~Helen Keller

Joelle Stone
                  @joelle-stone

Ok, what else do we have to do again? *tries to find list*

~AP

Winter Rose
                    @winter_rose

@joelle-stone

I think we were going to figure out who loses what games. We could just do that as we write the roleplay. Though it might be a good idea to have an idea of who wins and loses and when.

~Origin unknown

Mel
                      @melodyjoy

@joelle-stone @winter_rose

Gathering from the last 5 pages if random lists, this is what I think we should do:

1. Make a solidified, hopefully unchanging, list of the games and what exactly they are.

2. Make sure we have a solidified, hopefully unchanging 😛 , Andor and Mr. B (let’s get a name for him) biography, and how both of them fit into the plot together.

3. Solidify random character stuff (Rose, you mentioned something about that just now 😛 ) We have tons of our extra characters recently posted on  previous pages, so I think that’s pretty good for extras.

4, Oh, just thought of something. Game builders (refer back to my second post down on page 33) and Joelle, did we ever work that question out that’s on that post?

That’s all I can think of for now! bye!

MELODY

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Joelle Stone
                        @joelle-stone

@melodyjoy,

No, I don’t think we did anything else with game builders. I can work on them if you’d like! 🙂

Ooh, and thx for the list. I’ll being working on some of those. 🙂

~AP

Winter Rose
                          @winter_rose

@joelle-stone @melodyjoy

I made up a game builder. In the doc you’ll find is description/backstory, an the idea that maybe Andor forces the coders to do his will.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12T65fdrxaJbw1PvshgNCPpOz9j-72VfvlqY7hm8Tjv8/edit?usp=sharing

~Origin unknown

Joelle Stone
                            @joelle-stone

@winter_rose,

Excellent builder! He might help Menace64 out too… 🙂

@everyone,

Posting my builder now… 🙂 How many do we need?

~AP

Joelle Stone
                              @joelle-stone

Joelle’s Builder:

Name: Bryony Jindottir

Physical Description: Long silvery hair  to her calves (she’s from another planet, explaining her hair and other odd features), large purple eyes, strong features. She’s always been considered a beauty by her own people, and spent a long time picking her husband, Mattheer, out of her suitors. She’s a warrior, both with her mind and her limbs.

Strongest Virtue & Vice: Kindness & grudge-holding

Reason for Building: When Bryony entered the Cullings and failed to win, the judges considered it a waste to sell her into slavery. So instead they recruited her as a builder, and she hasn’t changed jobs since. The pay is good, plus she gets to not only build the games, but try most of them out as well to make sure everything works properly.

Backstory: Bryony grew up on the small planet of Hivron, in the system of Kallia. She was always told by everyone – her parents, siblings, friends, etc. – that she could do great things if she put her mind to it. So she did. And she succeeded.

~AP

Winter Rose
                                @winter_rose

@joelle-stone

Thanks! I really like your builder too.

We should probably just do like four or something.

I realize that my builder is more of a game programmer, hopefully that doesn’t cause any trouble.

All these builders aren’t just manual laborers, right? They’re more architects and supervisors?

They should each have a title, like Head of Game Programming, or President/Vice President of Cullings Construction, or Prime Game Mechanic, or Secretary of Material Importation.

~Origin unknown

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 549 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Sign up below to learn how to ace story structure.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Sign up below to learn how to ace story structure.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Pin It on Pinterest