Fantasy Writers

Football Fans Here!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

I feel that those who do prefer the fine art of sport, namely one in which men(sometimes women) beat each other to a pulp for a oval shaped ball, which to me, is one of the funnest things on earth.

Just kidding. About the pulp.

But seriously, all you fans of NFL football teams, college football teams, lets talk about our shared love for football.

(I do not watch football. I ask so many people if they like an NFL and they’re like, “no i dont watch it” but you really dont need to watch it to like it. So if you want to be interested in football, come join us too!)

Crazywriter
      @crazywriter

So here’s it for me.

Favorite NFL team: Atlanta Falcons (yes, i know they’re trash.)

Why: I had the chance to watch the 2016-17 playoffs at my grandmoms, and i kinda liked the Packers. But when the Falcons beat them, i wanted them to beat the patriots. But we know how that ended, but ever since, i’ve liked them.

Lona
        @lonathecat

@crazywriter

I came here thinking you meant what Americans call soccer… I will try my very best not to start ranting about what a misnomer American Football is. 😛

But in any case, I root for the Chicago Bears (yes, I know they’re terrible, but whatever lol) and the Louisiana Saints. Both of them just because I have family that roots for them. 🙂

Arindown
          @arindown

@crazywriter @lonathecat

I love football. *raises hand*

I tend to like certain players rather than teams, but I usually cheer for the Carolina Panthers (they have the best team colors) and the Kansas City Chiefs (my home state is Kansas). I dislike the Patriots rather strongly and now the Buccaneers…mostly because all the annoying Tom Brady fans just moved from one team to the other.😆

Who’s your favorite player? If I had to decide on just one, I think I’d say Russel Wilson.

Forgiven. Loved. Creative.

Crazywriter
            @crazywriter

So we have saints and a panthers fans here, huh? They’re the falcons divisional rivals. Saints are good, Panthers, are….okay(XD) but the chiefs are something else! I am expecting a second super bowl from them.

If i had to pick a favorite player, i couldnt. I’d have to narrow it down to at least defensive and offensive players.

D: Foyesade Oloukun (LB)(ATL)

O: Derrick Henry (RB)(TEN)

Arindown
              @arindown

@crazywriter

I don’t go for the Panthers because they’re good.😄 haha At least I don’t have to deal with Cam Newton’s press conference getup anymore.😂

Yeppp…Go Chiefs! There’s nothing like watching Hill on those long catch and runs. Even if he is a little cocky about his own talent.

Derik Henry is cool (King Henry). I think my favorite Falcon’s player is Julio Jones.

Mischievous Thwapling
                @mischievous-thwapling

@crazywriter @arindown @lonathecat

I am a diehard, forever, totally devoted CHEIFS FAN!!!!!!!! YES YES YES!!!!

My favorite players are probably Patrick Mahomes or Tyreek Hill.

Second favorite team: Cardinals (because I have to be loyal to my state team, even if Kansas City is where I hail from)

Whatever we love deeply becomes a part of us.
                  ~Helen Keller

Arindown
                  @arindown

@mischievous-thwapling

Go Chiefs!😍 Pat Mahomes is amazing. And so is Hill…but I don’t like his attitude much. Edwards-Elaire and Kelce are pretty cool too.

Mischievous Thwapling
                    @mischievous-thwapling

@arindown

Agreed! Edwards-Elaire and Kelce are awesome! And yeah… Hill’s pretty cocky XD Part of me is always worried that there’ll be a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct, but the other part is admiring his back-flip and wondering if I could learn to do that, lol.

Whatever we love deeply becomes a part of us.
                      ~Helen Keller

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Pin It on Pinterest