fb

Fantasy Writers

Fantasy Character Castle Chronicles n.1

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 421 total)
  • Author
    Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

@joelle-stone
    Lol ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!

@millennium
    (lol, Ryuu means dragon. Clever 😉

Everything came crashing around him. Including the dragon.
    “I figured it was time we rejoined.” He was already talking. “There is a mankind here by the name of Gavin Thunderfoot. Who is this she-wolf, and was it she who issued the command?”
    Well if you’re so liberal with you mind invasion why don’t you find out yourself? Alessio bit the urge to be sarcastic, too panicked to feel panic like being tipped over the edge so you just don’t feel.
    “I’m human. Allow me to shift back…” Funny, most werecreatured didn’t identify as humans in his world. She stared directly at them each. Her eyes had changed color and her crisp brown almost black. “I issued you no command. In fact, where I come from, I’m at the bottom of the chain of command.
    “Now, what of this game?”
    “No one can vote for themselves,” Alessio murmured “and no one would dare vote someone else outloud in case the rest of the group turned against them. Therefore…”
    He paused, staring at the ground in front of him, wondering how to say it in a way they would listen. There wasn’t enough time to argue, there really wasn’t.
    “You should each vote for me.” Alessio stood, face half-hidden under his hood as his gaze carefully wandered over the group. “It’s not murder it’s self-defense, if it’s not wrong to sacrifice yourself why would be wrong for you to help me do it?”
    He wasn’t sure he could meet Nithel’s eyes and he wasn’t sure he couldn’t. Maybe he didn’t even believe his own words and he knew his friend would catch that. But he didn’t know, he didn’t know whether it was right or wrong. When does surviving become a sin? Maybe he just didn’t care, all he wanted was to preserve their lives.
    “I don’t have anything to live for anyway.” It took him a second to realize he was lying and he was scared and he wasn’t ready to die. “Each of you have families, friends, something to fight for.”
    Alessio shook his head, tightening his hands to keep them from trembling. He finally had to meet Nithel’s gaze, his eyes begging his friend to just go along. They wouldn’t listen unless someone made a vote, they didn’t have time to argue this, he couldn’t be the cause of someone else’s death again.
    “I don’t have any reason to go on living, not like you.” Not after–Fire quivered in his hands and he couldn’t tell if he was scared. He was just so angry at the utter disregard for life this enchanted castle showed. That he was powerless to stop it. Again. “It would be an act of mercy to end this here. Please.” I’m not ready to die.
    “Just one of us has to die.”

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

“We’re going to play a game.” A hard voice, emotionless, came from the stone. Nithel’s chest tensed as he listened. He looked to a wall, where it sounded like it emanated from.

“It’s a rather interesting dilemma, each of you vote one person among you to die, if you fail to decide on a member, you all die.

Rule 1: You can’t pick yourself. It’s sweet but cliché, if you vote for yourself to die everyone dies.”

Nithel clears his throat silently, still processing, but filing it. Then, we should vote for the one most likely to die to die now.

“Rule 2: The majority wins, whoever is voted to die by the majority will die and the rest will live.
    Rule 3: You have ten minutes to decide. If you fail to pick someone within that time period, everyone dies.”

Ooooof. Nithel licks his lips and glances to Alessio. He wouldn’t vote for me. The likeliness of the dragon being voted out was high. Also the wolf, an outsider. His thoughts ran, questioning the other’s likeliness of voting himself, or Alessio. They had called them friends… but, from his experience with man, they had different meanings of the word friendship. Some true, some…

Questioning hurt. So, he stopped. Not wanting to doubt them. Time would tell.

“Rule 4: I don’t know, but that was fun. Lord Castle will add rules as needed.” It sounded like it was smiling. “Rule 5: Oh, and like everybody gets one irrevocable vote, which counts as a vote if said out loud.”

Nithel’s jaw clenched, and he had no intention of speaking. No accidentally saying that you vote for yourself.

There was a pause. A deafening pause.

Then the wall the voice came from splintered like wood. The giant lizard falling through. Nithel stumbled back into the bed, somehow not bumping Alessio, though he hadn’t planned it. Dust flew, and the dragon paused, looking over everyone. Then it seemed to change robes, it’s scales seeming to… Nithel’s nose flared, and he just stared. Not worrying his mind to think about it. It was trying to look non-threatening.

It bowed. “I figured it was time we rejoined.” He glanced behind him, through the hole in the wall. “There is a mankind here by the name of Gavin Thunderfoot.” It looked back, and Nithel slowly pushed back to his feet, glancing from Alessio to the dragon. It continued to speak, “Who is this she-wolf, and was it she who issued the command?”

Nithel looked at the wolf. “I’m human. Allow me to shift back…” The fur retracted and her body shrunk back to it’s natural shape, still fully clothed.

Nithel’s eyes widened, and a strange sound might have left his mouth. He almost got back on the bed, but managed to remain standing, though his face likely showed his complete shock and possible horror.

The womannnnnn messed with her hair and looked over everyone, then to the dragon. “I issued you no command. In fact, where I come from, I’m at the bottom of the chain of command.” She glanced around again. “Now, what of this game?”

“No one can vote for themselves,” Alessio murmured “and no one would dare vote someone else out loud in case the rest of the group turned against them. Therefore…”

Nithel licked his lips, managing to grab himself, his mind, a bit. But he still stared at the wolf/woman warily. And the dragon, reminding himself to think in his brethren’s language.

“You should each vote for me.” Alessio stood, face half-hidden under his hood. Nithel’s chest tightened and he started to shake his head a bit, but stilled himself. Alessio had a right to argue. “It’s not murder it’s self-defense. If it’s not wrong to sacrifice yourself why would be wrong for you to help me do it?” He paused, then rushed on, as if reassuring himself. “I don’t have anything to live for anyway.”

Nithel’s heart ached then, forehead crinkling. My friend, nothing?

“Each of you have families, friends, something to fight for.”

At that Nithel almost smiled, shaking his head the smallest bit, still looking at his friend’s face. I do not. No family. No friends, I believe I will see again before death, except you. Then Alessio looked at him, there was some warmth in Nithel’s gaze. But the youth was begging Nithel to vote for him. (And ooppsssss, yes, he forgot to change his thought language.)

“I don’t have any reason to go on living, not like you.”

Nithel cocked his head the smallest bit, sorrow, but also love in his eyes.

“It would be an act of mercy to end this here. Please. Just one of us has to die.”

Nithel abruptly pivoted away from Alessio. “We should vote on the weakest one among us. The one most likely to die in the time ahead. Those who could be most useful to the survival of most of us should not be voted for.” His light brown eyes ran over the people, and… lizard, woman/wolf.

Wanaeam , yumkin ‘an yakun ‘ana. Lan ‘akun dha fayidat kabirat fi alqital , ‘iilaa min baeid. He almost re-thought it, so the dragon could understand, then thought better of it. Slowly waiting. Another plan hatching in his mind.

————–

@joelle-stone
    @skylarynn @this-is-not-an-alien @crazywriter @millennium

Jominkreesa

Passion = A Willingness To Suffer

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Nithel suddenly turned away from him, and Alessio nearly tensed, not sure how to process. He’d never been around people who were kind to him before so he didn’t know how things usually wor–
    “We should vote on the weakest one among us. The one most likely to die in the time ahead.” Oh. He better not try to argue he’s the weakest member of the group. The one most likely to die in the time ahead, yeah that pretty much seemed to sum Alessio’s situation to him. Surviving here in the castle was really the best thing that happened to him and the safest situation he’d ever been in.
    “Those who could be most useful to the survival of most of us should not be voted for.” Alessio was trying to breath steady, this was just too close to…Usually he could read people pretty well but he wasn’t sure what Nithel was thinking. He glanced at the dragon and the werewolf, Alessio knew Nithel was an uncomfortable with them as with his own powers. What if–
    Alessio tried to burn the thought out of his mind right there. This wasn’t then, Nithel was a good person, a frien–I called him a friend too. I saw the signs I didn’t believe them because I trusted his character. Stop, just stop, this was irrational. What really was right or wrong in this situation? One life dies to save the rest. Not exactly self-defense, or perhaps self-defense involving murder.
    When does surviving become a sin?
    He can’t live with someone else dying because he had to live–
    Alessio turned to his next best option and faced Malvet. He wouldn’t have moral scruples and if no one else were willing to vote he only needed on person to side with him. Ok, let’s make a deal. I hate you you hate me, two people with fire is threatening to you. You can’t vote for someone you hate more without looking more like a villain. So if you vote for me you get rid of a liability and save your life, not to mention avoids the possibly of your being chosen.
    “If we start arguing over who’s the weakest member we’ll become too divided to survive even if we make it through this. We don’t have enough time to argue this.” He could feel fire preparing to burst inside of him, he needed to maintain some level of control. But he couldn’t stop his voice from sounding defiant although inside he just felt scared. “Let me get just one thing right, and finish this.”

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

“If we start arguing over who’s the weakest member we’ll become too divided to survive even if we make it through this. We don’t have enough time to argue this.” Alessio’s voice was defiant, but scared.  “Let me get just one thing right, and finish this.”

Nithel had looked back at his friend, forehead wrinkling. Pain is in his eyes, heartache. But still love. Loyalty. I’m the type of fool who would rather all die, than betray a friend… But, would that truly be the fool? Nithel stared at Alessio, kindness, maybe the smallest trace of a smile. You are loved. You have value. And he nearly groans in his soul for Alessio to be spared.

He manages to turn his gaze away from Alessio, and look at Jericho. Most of the emotions snuffing, at least from his face. He wonders what she will say. Man satakhtaru? ‘Am tufadal ‘an yamut aljamiea? Lakina hadha al’akhir kathir al’amli. *onward thoughts*

———

@joelle-stone
    @skylarynn @this-is-not-an-alien @crazywriter @millennium

Jominkreesa

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

Apologies for the absence…

“No,” Jericho said as Alessio volunteered to sacrifice himself.  “No, wait a moment.”

Brendin had sat down on the floor with his back against one of the beds.  “Jericho,” he said softly in Kithin.  “There is a way we can do this without losing anyone.”

She turned to him, startled.  “You speak as one of the Eya,” she replied in the same language.  “What do you mean?”

A stormy look shrouded the man’s eyes and darkened their color.  “Do you know of Ingor?”

“Are you a mære?” Jericho asked softly, paling.

“Yes.”  He averted his eyes.  Out of shame, most likely…

“So you are suggesting we…”  She faltered.  The rest did not need to be said.

“Yes,” Brendin answered, still quiet.  It seemed he rarely raised his voice.

“You are sure?”

“I am certain.”

Clearing her throat, Jericho turned to the others and once again spoke in the common tongue.  “Perhaps we may not need lose anyone.”  Her left hand clasped at something hidden beneath her collar, some kind of pendant weighing down a fine gold chain.  “Forgive me, friends,” the woman half-whispered, outstretching her free hand to the other human(oid)s in the room.  “You vote for Brendin.

The words were said no differently than Jericho’s usual tone, but there was some greater compelling power behind them.  Almost instantly Nithel parroted back “I vote for Brendin,” followed soon by Alessio and Asena.

Malvat, my dear reptile, Jericho projected from her mind, follow.  Choose Brendin; trust me on this.  It will end well.

Out loud, Jericho repeated as well: “I vote for Brendin.”

She smiled sadly, dropping her arm.  “There,” she said softly.  “We have the majority.”

Brendin relaxed where he sat against the bed, his hands falling limply at his sides and his head tilted backwards to rest against the bed.  His eyes were closed and a peaceful, painless expression adorned his face.  If he still breathed the rise and fall of his chest was now imperceptible.

@this-is-not-an-alien
    @kimlikesart @crazywriter @joelle-stone @millenium

So…yeah.  Brendin is a little bit dead now.  But I promise it’ll be fine and work out; don’t make him start to fade or disappear or whathaveyou in any of your posts.  I’ll resolve it.

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Neasa
    @irishcelticredflowercrown

Heyy I’d love to join in, except I’m not too familiar with how this whole Castle things goes lol. I would love a simple summary of what goes on in this chat room 🙂

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

Gavin Thunderfoot, light-headed from dehydration, had been stumbling around the tunnels for hours, trying to get away from that dragon creature. Heaven knows where the thing was now.

He stumbled on a rock in his path, and fell to the ground, content to stay there, his dull headache growing by the minute, until he could barely keep conscious.

Click clack. Click clack. 

Curiosity made him raise his head. A spider-monkey(literal spider monkey not the breed of monkey)? What the heck? He tried to clear his vision, but what he saw did not change. A monkeys head and two front arms attached to the abdomen and torso of a spider, which filled the tunnel with it’s girth. It was massive, three feet wide, and seven feet long, and it should have terrified any mortal man.

But Gavin Thunderfooot, well…he ran away screaming.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Alessio caught Nithel’s gaze a couple seconds, before his friend turned to Jericho. In a moment he knew Nithel wouldn’t even consider picking someone to die. Like with most situations, Alessio wasn’t sure whether it was stupid or noble and he didn’t know what to do with the kindness in his friend’s eyes. It was reassuring, in a desperate child looking for irrational hope sort of way.
    With an edge of guilt, he wondered what Nithel would’ve thought of him trying to convince Malvat to vote for him. It was practical and realistic but like a little kid Alessio still half-thought things would turn out ok and no one would die.
    “No,” Jericho said “No, wait a moment.”
    She turned to Brendin and they spoke in a hushed, foreign language. Alessio’s breath hitched a little trying to follow. Probably, he should trust them, have some level of confidence, these were good people it’s just as irrational as suspecting Nithel. He made an effort to relax, the situation was just so conductive of suspicion, he glanced back at Nithel a moment, almost sure no one was going to be chosen like that…
    “Perhaps we may not need lose anyone.” Ok…how? “Forgive me, friends,”
    What are you–?
    Before he realized what was going on he was voting for Brendin, like his own thoughts were overridden. And he wasn’t the only one it–
    “I vote for Brendin.” She said. Too stunned to even process his thoughts, like a white sheet over everything or red, he couldn’t see anything clear. Just the shock of betrayal snapping through his eyes. “There,
    We have the majority.” The words were just there, a rolling tape, a picture of something going on somewhere else. Some part of his mind registered he was in shock, the other part could realize he skidded to his knees in front of Brendin, a white-hot gauze between him and reality. He didn’t look at Jericho, he didn’t look at anyone nothing was in focus he wasn’t even aware how hard he was shaking Brendin, begging him to get up whether internally or outloud he really didn’t know.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Lord Castle was gonna just let them divide themselves or just fall into general chaos and then say “haha, nobody actually dies”.
    But this. Was interesting. So he decided to go through with the whole “dying” thing to see what happened to Brendin. So like, spontaneous death…or…something XD

EmilyRemixed
    @millennium

“I vote for Brendin,” The words slipped from her mouth without Asena realizing. They had been snatched off her tongue, manipulated across her lips.

She had not spoken them of her own free will. Narrowing her eyes, she glared at the gathered people, uncertain of what to do. She didn’t want anyone to perish, but to save them, it seemed like a worthy enough cause.

Better than one die than all of us. She thought.

But now what happened? Did Brendin just keel over dead or was it a process? Did they have to kill Brendin themselves?

She shuddered at the thought.

But what was next?

When everything you touch turns to gold...
    gold...
    gold...
    gold...

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

He couldn’t hear anything. Not even his own denial of the situation.
    Not. Again.
    Alessio couldn’t feel a pulse. Brendin was dead, wasn’t he? This wasn’t happening. Everything felt distorted, but he felt weirdly calm, perhaps mechanical. No pulse, no movement. Alessio hadn’t said a thing, if there were a way to describe this sensation it would be unreal with perfect clarity, almost like an out of body experience. Acting, panicking just not feeling a thing.
    No, nonono no. Not again not again not again
    “Help me get him on the bed.” Alessio says quietly, numbly lifting Brendin’s limp…numbly lifting him onto the bed. Someone helped, there was something like a shuffle of movement but it wasn’t processing. The information Alessio could absorb was that Brendin was dead, Jericho had the capacity to wield utter control over them, and someone he had begun to trust had violated his mind. Again.
    It was just like last ti–I can’t go through this again I can’t
    He gently lifted a white sheet-like veil over Brendin’s face. Not much of a burial but it was all he could manage with what they had. Maybe someone was supposed to say a couple words over the dead now or something, maybe a dirge, maybe a ceremonial burning. Ha maybe he would’ve liked that, maybe he would’ve been appalled.
    This meant Alessio was in a position to be powerless again.
    This meant all that was left was survival.
    This he wouldn’t go back to. Again.
    Alessio slowly rose to his feet, emotions cutting through his head like the fire cutting through his bones, across the floor, flickering in and out like sparks in his hair, in his eyes. I won’t. Not murder, this was murder not survival. Not going to be controlled by…by someone who could…not again.
    Without looking at anyone, without being able to see anything clearly, Alessio moved to Nithel and took his hand, and squeezed tightly, burning with every fractured reassurance he couldn’t think to say.
    “I’m going on ahead,” He says in hardly a voice at all, “if anyone wants to join me.”

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

“I’m going on ahead,” He says in hardly a voice at all, “if anyone wants to join me.”

“Wait,” Jericho called, catching his hand.  “Do not go out alone.  Please.  Wait a moment more.”

She strode back to where Alessio and Nithel had placed Brendin on the bed with Alessio’s wrist still firmly in her grasp.  “You misunderstand,” she murmured.

With a strong tug Jericho tossed back the sheet.  Brendin still lay, inert, but color lingered in his face.  The Shakti still followed around him; weaker than it had, admittedly, but it yet flowed.

The woman gently placed a hand on his shoulder.  “Wake, my friend.”

Brendin stirred, almost imperceptibly at first, but it soon became clear that there was still life in his limbs.  He sat up slowly and glanced around at the others.  “Hello again.”

@kimlikesart
    @this-is-not-an-alien

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Neasa
    @irishcelticredflowercrown

Hello 🙂 Hope you’re all well. I’ll just pop in here with my character.

Mayra had been wandering around in this castle for far too long. She couldn’t tell whether thirty minutes, an hour or even four hours had passed. Every corner she rounded felt exactly the same as the last one, every door she passed had the same markings, every tapestry she saw seemed strikingly familiar.

Her feet were silent against the stone floors as she sped through the endless corridors. This had to be a joke. How big was this place? How is it that she was unable to find any exits? And where was everyone?

Every now and then, she had this creeping feeling that she was being watched. That there were eyes in the cracks in the walls, in the tapestries, in the keyholes. Watching her every move.

Her grim determination turned to frustration, building up inside her like a well filling up. Mayra grounded her teeth, her fists clenched tightly together. She hated feeling helpless and unsure. She had been trained to adapt to these circumstances, not succumb to panic.

Emotions are the greatest weaknesses one could have, her stepfather’s cold voice echoed in her head. Become prone to betraying them and you might as well throw all your survival skills out the window.

Even now, he was still in her head. Reminding her, rebuking her, threatening her. She could see him standing above her, holding that wooden stick, his eyes empty with disappointment as he raised it above her head. Even now, she was unable to hold back from flinching when that image appeared.

She stopped for a moment, smacked herself hard in the head, and kept going. Still she could feel those invisible eyes on her, tracking every step, every breath, every blink she made. Yep, she was definitely going crazy.

Her senses reached out, trying to check for any signs of life nearby. She took a left turn and halted. The hair on her body stood up slightly, goosebumps trailing down her skin. Just thirty yards down that direction, she could sense significant levels of carbon dioxide rising in the air. People. She frowned as she struggled to calculate the number. Maybe four? Five even?

Faint footsteps sounded and she backed herself up against the wall, pulled her hood further over her head and double-checked that her knives were all there. She had to be prepared for the feasibility that these strangers were hostile.

Voices murmured quietly and she balled her fists, barely breathing as the footsteps grew louder and louder.

@this-is-not-an-alien
    @millennium @crazywriter @skylarynn

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

“Wait,” Alessio flinched when she grabbed his hand as if bracing himself for a blow that never came. “Do not go out alone. Please. Wait a moment more.”
    His gaze dropped to his hand even though his eyes are unfocused. If he tried to pull away it’d be worse for him? Alessio wanted to anyway but was too paralyzed. As she tugged him to Brendin anger and helplessness constricted his breathing.
    “You misunderstand,” Jericho said as she thrust the sheet back. They always said that, didn’t they? When she placed a hand on Brendin’s shoulder Alessio jerked his hand back shakily, touching his scarred wrist.
    “Wake, my friend.”
    Like necromancy Brendin shifted just a little in response. After a moment he even sat up and looked around.
    “Hello again.” he said, a little oddly or uncertainly or…Alessio didn’t have the capacity to analyze. He gave a slow sharp inhale and almost started to turn away. But he pursed his dry lips staring at nothing at all.
    “And…it would’ve killed you to even just try to convince us?” That nothing mattered but the supposed “greater good”? That freewill was simply something that could be arbitrarily taken and returned as long as it was for good? Oh he’d been down that road before.
    Too much was pounding through him. Relief? Pain? He wasn’t sure which was stronger. Fear, fear more likely. Numb, chronic gut-shaking fear.

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

Nithel takes a step back. Stunned. “Gih…” Breath racing, and heart thundering a mile. Terror, complete and utter terror, which has seemed to be a theme this whole adventure…

———

I’m sorry. There was a longer thing, but it got erased, and I have to disappear…

Jominkreesa

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 421 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest