Fantasy Writers

Character Castle

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 428 total)
  • Author
    Claire
    @claire-h

@kristianne-hassman

Yes, same here! I’ve also been having this issue with a lot of other threads as well… I tagged Daeus on one.

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
      it just blooms.

Kristianne Hassman
      @kristianne-hassman

@claire-h

Hmm, that’s strange. I’m glad I’m not the only one having problems! Hopefully Daeus will be able to help us

Kristianne Hassman
        @kristianne-hassman

@everyone

Has anyone gotten Daeus to try to figure out how to fix the glitch? Or is anyone able to see the other pages yet?

I can’t write the next part of my character interaction until I can see what I’ve written.

Rusted Knight
          @rusted-knight

The glitch seems gone so hope back in the water. Its just right. Anyway here the bio to one of my guys

Isaac. Born in 21xx (will the decide later if at all). Time traveling assassin. Stuck in WWII after the machine overheated and blew up. His goal is to change history so that Communism dies out with Nazism. Along the way he will fall from faith and then return again. He is silent and cuts himself off from others unless necessary.

Isaac pulled the trench cloak closed. The dark alley was foggy. Reverberating off the walls were German commands and yell. The SS guards were more common than normal. Stowing his Mauser C96 into his chest holster, Isaac jumped out into the street. In five quick moves, the trench coat was turned inside out and the hat was thrown to the ground. Buttoning up, Isaac assumed a casual air. Now all he had to do was get out of Dresden before the bombing started.

If it was tonight. He couldn’t remember. The migraine that came with the changing memories was not worth it now.

His head began to swim and his stomach turned. Isaac reach for his gun but stopped himself. He had not been shot again. There was not stabbing pain. Turning back, he realized the whole area had changed. He was in a stone room, lit by a single candle on a table. On both sides were bookshelves. Across from him was a door and on the other side was talking.

Leaping toward the shadows, Isaac threw a knife at the candle extinguishing it. Tipping a book on its side, he rested the heavy Mauser on it and waited. Should the people prove to be dangerous, he would fire.

The Devil saw me with my head down and got excited. Then I said Amen

Rusted Knight
            @rusted-knight

say what style of hilt does Dharin have? My guy will observe and act according to what he sees.

The Devil saw me with my head down and got excited. Then I said Amen

Livi Ryddle
              @anne_the_noob14

Ok so it’s not showing that I’ve posted?? I’ve tried twice now. This is a test run post I guess.

"Reck not."
              ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Livi Ryddle
              @anne_the_noob14

Ok so that worked. Hm…

"Reck not."
              ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Livi Ryddle
              @anne_the_noob14

Maybe it doesn’t like the link?

Let’s try again…

@rusted-knight

Ooo, Isaac sounds interesting! And I love his introduction!

Um, about Dharin’s hilt… Of a rather Italian style like this, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rapiere-Negative0-19-19(1).jpg , but not the same, since his world doesn’t follow our styles exactly, and his was probably custom-made and with added… *waves hands around vaguely* …added stuff. But probably relatively close to that one there, if one was to categorize the swords in his world into our styles.

"Reck not."
              ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Livi Ryddle
              @anne_the_noob14

There we go!

@claire-h
                @kristianne-hassman @beth20 @ariella-newheart @everyoneelse

We’re all good again, y’all! 😀

I’ll try to write something soon…

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Livi Ryddle. Reason: got a tag wrong

"Reck not."
              ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Tal
              @tal

I’m interested in joining this…whatever this is, can someone explain how it works?

"My sword you shall have, but never in surrender!"
                Profile art by DeepRun

Beth Darlene
                @beth20

Awesome that it’s back and good!!! Yah!! @claire-h Love your new profile pic!!

@rusted-knight
                  I like Isaac!! Also, love your quote!!

@tal
                  So basically you just bring one of your characters and introduce him. Then he interacts with the castle or just one of the other characters! You just write what he does then the other person will respond with their character! I hope that helps!

Jominkreesa, for the weirdos who know what it means! 😉

Tal
                  @tal

@beth20

Yes, that helps. I’ll bring someone in soon.

"My sword you shall have, but never in surrender!"
                    Profile art by DeepRun

Livi Ryddle
                    @anne_the_noob14

@beth20 Yes!!

@rusted-knight

Oh wow! Just now read your forum signature after Beth commented on it. I love it too!!

"Reck not."
                    ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Livi Ryddle
                    @anne_the_noob14

@tal Welcome! 😀

"Reck not."
                    ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Beth Darlene
                    @beth20

@tal

Yes you should!

Jominkreesa, for the weirdos who know what it means! 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 428 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Discover What Readers Secretly Want

We asked 300+ readers what elements rivet them to a story and which turn them off.

Enter your email to get the scoop!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You've Got Cliches in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a four-step process for ripping cliches out of your novels.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Authentic Characters Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

You can download the entire Evoking Reader Empathy series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to craft characters readers can actually relate to.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Stop Forgetting to Develop Your Characters' Worldviews

If you don’t know your character’s worldview, how will you write them realistically without turning them into puppets?

Use our questionnaire to give your characters greater depth.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Pin It on Pinterest