Fantasy Writers

Character Castle

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 729 total)
  • Author
    Beth Darlene
    @beth20

Hey guys! In the meantime, could you not tag me in any post on the Character Castle? I’m trying to slim down my screen time right now. A little busy!

Thanks, y’all! Hope to be back soon! <3

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! 😉

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

For those who are curious about my latest post, becoming ‘fey’ means having your soul damaged to the point you become a fetch, or a hollow soul that does not pass on after death.  Damage to the soul can cause pain, memory loss, change in personality, illness, instability when practicing magic, alterations to your physical appearance, impediments to communication, and generally your entire being becoming unstable.  Brendin is much of the way to becoming full fey already.

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

If you want to get a better idea of Brendin’s character here’s some songs to listen to (in order of character development 😁 ):

Monster by Beth Crowley

No One Will Save You by Aviators

Battle Cry by Beth Crowley

Stronger by The Score

At the moment Brendin is currently around Battle Cry.

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Wow, y’all, I love what’s happening.

@this-is-not-an-alien

Lol, you made me laugh with your last post. Yeah, I just found out that Virtus is not the patient read-through-a-whole-book-in-one-sitting type person. XD (And actually, he’s “in love” with another character from my book, not Lytt, although he is friends with her. But don’t change your post; I like it the way it is!)

Making something beautiful in a broken world can be harrowing work. And it can’t be done alone.
    ~AP

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

@skylarynn
    Hey cool I know two different songs called Monster too (neat lyrics all of them btw Brendin and Alessio should get on great with each other). There’s Monster by Skillet (with Sick of It and Back From the Dead to go with it) and Monster from the Broadway Frozen (cos I scavenge songs from Disney movies whether or not I’ve seen/liked/heard of the movie before). Both are some of my favorite songs. And fit Alessio pretty ok :).

@joelle-stone

Lol, Alessio definitely is the wants-to-read-through-a-whole-book-in-one-sitting-even-if-there’s-a-huge-crisis-going-on type person.

(And actually, he’s “in love” with another character from my book, not Lytt, although he is friends with her. But don’t change your post; I like it the way it is!)

Oh yeah, you said that about him somewhere in here and I didn’t even think of it!
    That’s ok, Alessio just really likes seeing people having pleasant relationships, he’s so cute really. *Alessio glaring up at me from behind a book he stole; then why did you ruin my life? Me; but…it’s such a redemptive story. And you do get better. And… Alessio; I hate you. So much. Me slams Fourth Wall closed to avoid sobbing hysterically for my poor baby! Alessio; sets the computer on fire.*

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@this-is-not-an-alien,

Lol, watching you interact with your characters is so much fun! 😀

And yup! Actually, Virtus is going for the person in my profile pic, Marina. She tries to ignore him. XD

Making something beautiful in a broken world can be harrowing work. And it can’t be done alone.
    ~AP

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

@this-is-not-an-alien

He’s been pretty messed up, but at heart Brendin is a pretty friendly guy and tends to act like an older brother to everyone.  And he can (try to) help Alessio with fire magic.

On the shipping subject though, Brendin does have a person he’s in love with…but because of the damage to his soul he has no idea she even exists or that he ever had that kind of relationship.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Lol, watching you interact with your characters is so much fun! And yup! Actually, Virtus is going for the person in my profile pic, Marina. She tries to ignore him. XD

Oh thanks! Lol I don’t even know Marina and my literal first thought was; ‘she is way out of his league.’

@skylarynn
                                                                                                                                                                                                           Poor Brendin! *(Alessio clearing his throat loudly)* Your story sounds fascinating with the way his fire abilities work and the soul-damage thread! I can’t wait until Alessio finally works up the nerve to ask him *Alessio; if you hadn’t given me so many reasons to have trust issues. me; I am not engaging! I am not engaging! Back in the novel with you!*

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

@joelle-stone

So if Virtus is one-handed, which hand is he missing?  And what’s left?

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@skylarynn,

Erm… *thinks, then gives up and looks in WIP for info* It’s his left hand. And I’m pretty sure he lost it to infection after receiving his first war wound. They had to amputate, so all that’s left is his wrist. He uses it as a punching thing, though. However, I am not missing a limb, so IDK if that would hurt to use it that way or not. XD

~AP

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Lol, I love how Nithel like completely freaks out over Alessio’s powers and Alessio completely freaks out because he’s freaking out and Virtus be like; oh look, somebody else has fire I can work with that XD.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Ha ha, I love the way you worded that. XD Yup, that’s pretty much how Virtus works. (ahem, he also may travel with three people who have varying fire powers so… :P)

~AP

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

😄

Jominkreesa

Passion = A Willingness To Suffer

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

And now Nithel’s so caught up in emotions, that his ears have deadened the noise of whatever that thing is…. 😑😐😶

Dreadful boy…. I have no idea how he’s going to defeat the villain at the end of his story…. 😑😣😐

Jominkreesa

Passion = A Willingness To Suffer

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Idea! How about the end of the passage opens up to one of the characters’ worlds (except not actually there bc that would affect their world sooo…like you could mix all your favorite WIP plot elements even if they’re not in the same area or time like you could just crunch the action and the setting! (in that case I wanna wait to enter my character’s world until he’s more firmly established and comfortable with everybody so then we can see more of his pre-trauma identity cos that would give it more oomph. Maybe we should wait till all the characters are firmly established?(in that case what if they enter an underground creepy garden with a waterfall and weird fruit that may or may not be poisonous/enchanted (there is a mild possibility I’m using too many parenthesis here:P ))))

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 729 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest