Fantasy Writers

Character Castle

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 424 total)
  • Author
    Gracie
    @kimlikesart

@rusted-knight

I totally just jumped your post. I’m sorry!

Jominkreesa

Passion means to be willing to suffer.

Gracie
      @kimlikesart

@rusted-knight

And after reading your post it’s clear I got Isaac’s character wrong…

Jominkreesa

Gracie
        @kimlikesart

I’ll just change the ending to mine.

When Teagen looks through Isaac shoves him in and follows. The hand holding him was in preparation to jump, not hold him back.

Jominkreesa

Rusted Knight
          @rusted-knight

If one of the tunnels has wolves maybe the others have like golems or animated armor. Something out of the norm like the rest of the castle.

The Devil saw me with my head down and got excited. Then I said Amen

Dashuri Halad
            @christlover

So, are we doing all of the posts on the other thread and coordinating things on this one?

"When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty."
            -V

Livi Ryddle
            @anne_the_noob14

@joelle-stone Ok so I have a question. You mentioned that you wanted to see how Lytt would do with a love interest, I think? Maybe not exactly how you phrased it, but that was the gist? So I’ve just kinda been rolling with that with Dharin lol, which I’m really liking because he hasn’t really had much experience with that either… But anyways, assuming you’re cool with him and her being a “thing” in some way, how would we like to continue and “flesh out” their relationship/feelings? At the moment, I can do pretty much anything with Dharin’s feelings. I can have him realize that these unknown emotions he’s feeling are love, and decide to make a move of some sort (idk like kiss her or something XD), or he can be uncertain about what he’s feeling and wait for her to do something…? Idk, what do you think? Any thoughts?

@christlover
            I believe so.

"Reck not."
            ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Dashuri Halad
            @christlover

@rusted-knight   @kimlikesart

I am going to have Vrahe join Teagan and Isaac to start off.

-V

Gracie
            @kimlikesart

@christlover

Cool. This should be fun…

Jominkreesa

Gracie
              @kimlikesart

@christlover

Fourty wolves?!!!

Okay, will do. (:

And then… I’m considering pulling Teagen out and placing in someone completely different… (not necessarily in the same room.)  I have Teagen’s profile pretty good, but this other character almost not at all.

I don’t really want to take away Teagen from these relationships… But I will if Teagen is not helping anyone else develop their characters. (So I can develop Joseph.)

So, Dashuri and @rusted-knight , will/is Teagen help/ing you round-out your Character in a new way? Or have you already had someone like Teagen in your Character’s past, and already have their reactions planned out for such interactions?

(I’m okay either way.)

Jominkreesa

Gracie
                @kimlikesart

Okay, another piece posted.

Jominkreesa

Dashuri Halad
                  @christlover

@kimlikesart

Sorry about the 40 wolves. Completely arbitrary (and in hindsight probably excessive) number. I have not had a character like Vrahe has not had a character like Teagan in his past, so I was looking forward to interactions with him.

BTW, feel free to reduce the number of wolves. I just wanted to make it feel like a challenge, and given we have at two master assassins and three people with guns, I didn’t know what a reasonable number of wolves would be to make it feel difficult.

-V

Gracie
                  @kimlikesart

@christlover

No, forty wolves is fine. (: I’m also glad Teagen is serving/about to serve a purpose because I’m really enjoying writing him on here.

@anyone-whos-interested

After writing the last bit I realize I never expounded on one part of Teagen to the general populace: He is a coward and a bully.

He will fight and cuss anyone down, leaving them bloody over the slightest offense if he knows there is no way for him to loose. But, if he knows there is chance of losing, of being wounded, of having to hold account, he will flee. He is unloyal, always looking out for his own interests even while he despises himself. He stands for nothing but his own ire and pleasure.  His own lily-livered skin.

At this point in his arc I find it hard to stand him. But I do, for his interaction with other characters, and moreso, his character arc.

Basic arc:

At twenty-five, he opens as an imature powder keg, a handsome man with a bad mouth and ready fists. He is unloyal, and unrespectful. Bitter at the world, himself, and everything with.

At the end he has learned to love (agape, philia) and be loved (agape, philia, pragma). He has put his heart, soul, mind, life, and strength into Jesus’ hands. He willingly dies for someone else. Someone he doesn’t even like…that is to say, he can’t stand the man, yet he agapes him anyway. (This one he dies for murdered Zicari, Teagen’s closest friend and mentor.)

The after effects of Zicari’s death…and then Teagen’s sacrifice are strong and long.

Jominkreesa

Kristianne Hassman
                    @kristianne-hassman

@everyone

I’m sorry I’ve been so quiet for the past few months. I was really busy for several weeks, and then I’ve been struggling with my health the past few weeks. Sadly, I’ll be dropping out since I can’t keep up with it anymore. 🙁 But I had a lot of fun participating in this while I could and reading about everyone’s characters!

Livi Ryddle
                      @anne_the_noob14

@kristianne-hassman It’s ok! I’m sorry you’re not doing well. I’ll be praying for you<3

"Reck not."
                      ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Livi Ryddle
                      @anne_the_noob14

@joelle-stone

I’m gonna go ahead and write the next part from Dharin’s perspective if that’s ok. I’ll post it here first, and then you can tell me if I should put it on the other thread 🙂 I’m feeling inspired right now and don’t wanna lose it XD

What I’m kinda gonna go for in these next couple parts is Dharin realizing he really likes Lytt, and would do essentially anything to keep her safe from whatever the castle throws at them. *shrugs* We’ll see how it goes 😀

Gotta go over to the other thread to see what the last thing I wrote was XD

"Reck not."
                      ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 424 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Discover What Readers Secretly Want

We asked 300+ readers what elements rivet them to a story and which turn them off.

Enter your email to get the scoop!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You've Got Cliches in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a four-step process for ripping cliches out of your novels.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Authentic Characters Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

You can download the entire Evoking Reader Empathy series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to craft characters readers can actually relate to.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Stop Forgetting to Develop Your Characters' Worldviews

If you don’t know your character’s worldview, how will you write them realistically without turning them into puppets?

Use our questionnaire to give your characters greater depth.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Pin It on Pinterest