Fantasy Writers

Character Castle

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 335 total)
  • Author
    Rusted Knight
    @rusted-knight

Personally, the Phantom is the only comic that I really read and enjoyed. I’m not that big into superheros. The comic itself starts about 1936 and continues as far as I know till now. Granted, the last ones I read were a few years ago. Its not too common or too scare. The every day American kid likely saw the comic sitting on a rack back in the 40s.

Teagan’s reaction is up to him. Isaac is merely trying something that might work.

The Devil saw me with my head down and got excited. Then I said Amen

Beth Darlene
      @beth20

@rusted-knight @arindown @kimlikesart

Wow!! Conflict!! lol

I can write a response…not really sure what Jaylin would do but stand around and watch…

Jominkreesa, for the weirdos who know what it means! 😉

Gracie
        @kimlikesart

@beth20

Teagen will not know about the comics. Rusted Knight might also have a particular answer ready for Isaac…maybe.

Jominkreesa

Passion means to be willing to suffer.

Rusted Knight
          @rusted-knight

@kimlikesart I’m just gonna take a swing at Teagan’s reaction.

“Never heard of him.” said Teagan.

Isaac felt his jaw twitch. He’s not a comic reader. Maybe history was better. Hopefully, Isaac’s was not too different.

“Italy surrendered in September of 43. Mussolini is stood trail and was executed for his crimes. The Allies landed in Normandy June 6th. Cherbourg and the Cotentin Peninsula fell June 26 to the Americans. Caen has yet to fall to the British and Canadian forces. On June 11, the Allies landed in China. July 2nd, combined American, Japanese and Nationalist Chinese forces crossed the Yangtze and retook Nanking. Rumors say that the Axis forces are going to make a big push on all fronts.”

Gracie
            @kimlikesart

Teagen’s eyes widened and he glanced to Libby. Her brow was equally wrinkled. He then looked back to the speaker, “Uh,.. cool. The only things I got from that were the words ‘America, Italy, and Japan.'”

The man looked slightly stunned, Not know of the war? How could people ever forget?

@rusted-knight
              That was good! Sorry my thing is so short. I really don’t know what would happen next…

@arindown
              Does Libby have ideas?

Jominkreesa

Livi Ryddle
              @anne_the_noob14

@ariella-newheart Ooohhh I like that with Marlowe!!

@everyone Wow. Ok. Lots of catching up for Dharin to do XD I’m gonna make another post for that so I can go back and look over all that again.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by Livi Ryddle.

"Reck not."
              ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Gracie
              @kimlikesart

@rusted-knight @arindown

“Fine,” Teagen swallowed hard, and looked into the younger man’s face. Sure, the man looked younger, all except his eyes. They put Teagen to shame. This guy stood for something, something better than himself. That made Teagen feel guilty, “Fine.” He repeated, “I’m not saying I completely believe you, but, that doesn’t matter. I lie too,” He cleared his throat.  “Where were we? Oh yes, I was asking where we were, and no one knew. So,?” Teagen nodded, thoughts trailing off, “Do you know where some food is?” He hadn’t had anything more than clams for two days after all… 

Jominkreesa

Beth Darlene
                @beth20

Lol, the last thing I wrote Jaylin was hungry!!

Gracie
                  @kimlikesart

@beth20

So do you think a search for a kitchen might happen? Or a search for escape?

(too bad Emory disappeared. She saw one (a kitchen) didn’t she?)

Jominkreesa

Beth Darlene
                    @beth20

@kimlikesart

Haha yeah, I think it’d be realistic if they searched for a kitchen…and I think she did!

Rusted Knight
                      @rusted-knight

Isaac looked at the man. Food. He could use some. The ration cards he took from the bombed apartment were just about gone. The last bit of meat came from a rabbit three days ago. Anything bigger than that would do. How to find a kitchen? It wouldn’t be in this dungeon. It had to be above ground in an outer wall in case of a fire.

“Has anyone seen a window?” asked Isaac. “I’m getting sick of this tunnel.”

Gracie
                        @kimlikesart

Teagen’s brows lowered a momment, then he glanced to Libby and nodded. “There was one back in my room, down the ‘tunnel’. But there were people when I looked out so we need to be careful. Oh and, how do you plan to get in here? No offense, I mean, I couldn’t squeeze through either, but, yeah. But, how does that help us find food?”

Libby gave him a hard glance then rolled her eyes.

“Unless,” he couldn’t be quiet to save his life, “Do you hope to eat plants or something outside? Geez, no offense, again, but, a mansion like this has gotta have some sort of food, and at that real good food. A wine celled too,”

Libby glared again, and she took a step toward the strange man, rolling her eyes and putting her small hands on her hips. “What do you want to do sir?”

@rustedknight @arindown

Jominkreesa

Beth Darlene
                          @beth20

Okay so what’s happening? XD

Rusted Knight
                            @rusted-knight

Isaac reach into his pocket. The cube was wrapped in a black plastic.

“You guys mind moving to one of the corners of this wall.” Turning to the others, Isaac continued. “Y’all too. This will be messy.”

Ripping open the package, he began to kneed the material.

“What’s that?” Asked the boy.

“Plastique. Get to a corner and stay there. And build any kind of barricade you can.”

Placing the lump on the shelf, Isaac mashed it against the wall. Looking around, he saw the others were hiding suitably. Pulling a item like a cigarette from his pocket, Isaac put it in the lump and broke part of the tip. Stepping back, he surveyed the work. It was all done well. The wall did not seem like it was supporting much.

“Everyone, cover your ears. Close your eyes and shield yourself.”

Jumping into a gap between bookcases, Isaac waited for the blast.

Gracie
                              @kimlikesart

@beth20

Isaac has been talking to other people through a small hatch in the wall. Now he just told Jaylin that he’s using plastique to blow a hole to make a larger opening in the wall. Jaylin has been told to “Get to a corner and stay there. And build any kind of barricade you can.” and “Everyone, cover your ears. Close your eyes and shield yourself.” by Isaac.

That’s where we are. (:

Jominkreesa

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 335 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Sign up below to learn how to ace story structure.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Discover What Readers Secretly Want

We asked 300+ readers what elements rivet them to a story and which turn them off.

Enter your email to get the scoop!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You've Got Cliches in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a four-step process for ripping cliches out of your novels.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Authentic Characters Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

You can download the entire Evoking Reader Empathy series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to craft characters readers can actually relate to.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Pin It on Pinterest