fb

Fantasy Writers

Character Castle 2.5

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 522 total)
  • Author
    Ragnarok
    @ragnarok

Picture of what Arsene’s talon knives would look like.

You can only come to the morning through shadows: Tolkien

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Sir Scary somewhat obligingly sat down so Alessio flopped on the blankets as like someone falling to their death to a heroically resigned playlist. Which was going to be safer; burying himself under the blankets to be as invisible as possible or pushing the blankets out of the way so he could react faster? This was stupid postulation: if anything really bad happened he was just going to die.

Alessio settled for burying himself under blankets because at least it felt safer.

He was not sleeping at all tonight.

“Well, now that you are aware that this isn’t a saloon and you can’t have a bar fight here, I’m going to check on our other companions.”

Wait-!

Alessio bolted upright just as the door closed behind Arsene leaving him alone with a bunch of people he didn’t know/didn’t trust at all even a little. At least he felt a little more comfortable around Arsene – comparatively.

Devils, he hadn’t completely disappeared off the planet he was barely going to be gone for a few minutes that’s all. Unless something happened and something always happens…

This was stupid. Alessio curled back under the blankets, feeling for his knife just to be on the safe side.

This was fine this was fine, as long as he stayed awake he had nothing to worry about. Anyway Arsene would be back any time now and then he might consider closing his eyes. Just relax, everything was fine. Maybe they’d find Nithel soon…? Maybe he’d get along with Leana eventually…?

If they didn’t get along would Nithel be mad at him?

What if he didn’t have time for Alessio once he found his daughter again?

His jaw clenched and he stared fixedly at the ceiling trying to ignore his anxiety. Nithel wasn’t going to just abandon him, he wasn’t like that. Alessio had no reason to be jealous.

Father always loved Leander more.

He wasn’t jealous!? He just…didn’t want to be forgotten or…ignored. Nithel wouldn’t forget about him, would he? Why was he worrying about this so much, he was just being selfish!

It was going to be ok, it was! It was…

He was going to believe Nithel wouldn’t forget him – and if it turned out not to be true he could…he could live with it, what did he expect anyway? Whatever happened next, Nithel had been his friend, that was enough…really.

He just hoped Nithel was safe.

He closed his eyes and let out a soft breath.

It would be ok in the end, maybe. He would’ve probably trusted the Star Breather to keep him. Alessio should probably ask Leana about the Star Breather when he got the chance. Who knows, maybe…it wouldn’t be so bad to…yeah.

He wasn’t really sure what he was thinking about now – it always seemed to be interrupted with a bit of jerk out of a sleepy haze. Honestly, it shouldn’t be hard to stay awake – he’s done it for days on end before. But he hadn’t really taken into account that he was in a lot more immediate danger when he did that and now that he was relatively safe and really warmmmm he really didn’t have much of a way to stay awake…

I’m not sleepy!

Alessio blinked a lot and rubbed his eyes, furiously stifling yawns. All to no avail, he couldn’t keep his eyes open for two seconds without a blurry gauze. It was cozy and warm so warm he hadn’t felt this warm in years – incineration aside. No wait-! He should get up and do something or something or…

Somehow it all faded into warmth and he forgot whatever he’d been trying to think.

To be a light to the world you must shine in the darkness.

Ethan Leonard
    @ethan-leonard

CON

Con watched as Hades launched the pommel of his knife into his codpiece. It struck, but did nothing. This was then followed up with a kick to the same spot, which also did nothing.

“Your
    armor may be resistant
    to the energy of my
    sword, but how many
    physical blows can it
    take?” Hades commented

“A lot,” Con replied as he pulled out a boot knife. “This,” he said, tapping his chest plate, “This is Beskar Steel, the armor of Mandalorian Warriors. Nothing can pierce it. Nothing at all…” Con said as he moved towards the window. “Now I’m gonna go keep an eye out, goodnight.”

And with that, Con opened up the window and vaulted out. He fell a few feet before igniting his jetpack and flying up onto the roof.

When he landed, Con immediately knelt down and began trying to send out a distress signal. But no response. Either he didn’t have enough power, or…he was in an entirely different universe.

Shaking his head, Con fell back against a chimney and fell asleep.

MILES

Miles drank his beer and thought. The beer was good, which was great. Miles sat and watched the people, wondering all the while.

A group of noisy people came in, one of the group looked very young, while the others were older, though looking men. They looked like the type of warriors the Mortunds needed. Especially if they were gonna try and Capture Malterra…Miles shivered at the thought. Although he knew he had to be the one to face Emperor Saevus, he knew…that was beyond him at the moment.

Miles watched the group with interest. The bartender gave out ‘normal’ drinks to the older men, while the boy was served a drink that was on fire. The fire burned off and Miles watched as the boy drank it.

Curious, Miles got up and, chainmail jingling, walked up to the bar. When he reached the bar part of that group was watching him closely. Ordering another beer, Miles leaned on the counter and drank silently. Until…

Please, surprise Miles, Folks lol

Ragnarok
    @ragnarok

When the armored fighter left, Hades decided to get whatever rest he could get. He was unaware of what Beskar steel was, but he knew that it was not invincible. Even if he couldn’t penetrate it the armor itself, certain areas like the joints and neck likely consisted of a weaker material. Still, he didn’t want to test that theory, unless he had to. Although the man didn’t appear to be an Ehrenvoll Knight, he was still a trained fighter. The armor was certainly durable and could not be taken out through standard means.

As much as he wanted to growl and curse until he fell asleep, he knew it would do no good. Just get any rest available. Taking his music box, Hades wound the small circle on its side, playing its tune. He looked at the small photo on it. It consisted of the original team; Serena, Seth, himself, Dr. Carter, and Timur….

… … … Timur. 

That was a long time ago. Silently, Hades listened to the melody. Alessio looked like he was going to sleep, but Hades wasn’t sure. He was rather exhausted himself.

Ragnarok
    @ragnarok

Crorie was briefly surprised that she said that out-loud. However, there was no taking it back. If she was going to be punished, there would be no escaping it. However, Leana was rather calm about it. She didn’t lash out.

The door opened.

Arsene peeked his head through the door, with a talon knife in his hand. There was a brief pause, as he smiled awkwardly and waved weakly. “Wrong room.”

He closed the door.

… … …

@kimlikesart

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

“I’m awake I’m awake…” He grumbled, jerking up in a cold sweat. Some stupid noise woke him probably but it was all still hazy.

He crawled to his feet, rolling out of bed.

No walls – not solid ones at least. Just solid, blurry grey and blue lights. Blue light foxfire, shimmering softly. Everything so quiet, other than a soft hum like those cute, almost toneless hums small children hum when they have no song in their heads but they’re so happy they want to make noise.

This some kind of prank or test or whatever, he didn’t even think about it. He just wandered about hoping he bumped into somebody. He didn’t, but he found a small papery doll on the floor with blue button eyes ripped out beside it. As soon as he touched the buttons they faded between his hands.

For some reason – he didn’t know why – he determined to find a pair of eyes for the doll, so he picked it up and kept wandering forward. Maybe it was because the doll had silver hair, like Nathair.

Nothing happened for a bit, he just kept walking and wondering where the humming was coming from until he realized he was humming. It was some old lullaby she’d sing to him.

Another doll, and another.

Most of the gray dissolved into dim blue now. Mirrors like windows started to appear – all different sizes with no frames or anything. He touched one of the mirrors casting a crystalline reflection of…someone else.

At first he didn’t recognize the face. Sharp, angular with dark patches around his eyes that you couldn’t really see through the ragged matt of curls in his face. Taunt and poised like something agile prowling, his jaw stubbornly taunt. Ratty flaps of a brown, colorless surcoat, torn knees – the stranger looked just a little feral. Somebody he might’ve admired on the low down, just because they looked more wild and free than he could ever dream of getting away with.

Then, he realized who he was staring at.

He wasn’t…fourteen anymore. He couldn’t remember anything past that age.

He looked in the mirror again and it was just a boy. Wide curious brown-gold, almond-shaped eyes, a bit of an impish, crooked smile on the edge of his lips. No, it was just a silhouette and he couldn’t make out anything but a devilish sort of smirk.

Which one was he?

Was he anything?

The images kept switching and he couldn’t tell what was his reflection. It got darker and darker until he couldn’t see anything but black and the sickening devilish smirk. Alessio stumbled back away from the mirror even as it grew bigger. There were two blue orbs for eyes on the monster and the blue started melting down – filling the area.

Nonono this wasn’t – he wasn’t – he wasn’t there! Where the devil was he!? He retreated a step, and bolted down the shifting, changing, greying hall.

‘Eaziziun wahid’

“Nith – Nathair -?!” No, wrong name, why were they so similar!? (*writer is actually delighted by this “happy accident” – thematic parallels very goot*).

Alessio glanced around for his friend, his mind working to pinpoint the direction of the words. Then he darted down another hall after the sound.

By the time he made it he wasn’t sure who he was looking for anymore the faces and the emotions all blurred together – everything meshed together and it hurt he knew he was missing so much.

Going crazy, are we? Just like Father…

No telling how long he wandered the dreamy halls chasing shadows, but someone solid was ahead this time. Alessio flicked a knife into his hand before coming nearer – he only had the silhouette to go on. He knew better than to expect anything good, he was ready to fight this time, he’d make it out. His grip tightened just slightly on the hilt as the figure turned.

There was something behind the man – a stone chair maybe?

He darted a wary look at the figure, until he recognized the soft, thoughtful eyes, eyes warm with assurance…

“Nithel -!” He gasped, shaking just a little. He was missing something he was missing someth- Alessio barely heard a faint thud as the knife slipped from his hand as he clasped his arms around his friend as if…as if that would prove he was real.

“I’m sorry I’m sorry I didn’t mean to lose you I’ll be better I’m sorry…” The words rushed before he could even think them, his fingers gripping tightly to any part of him he could hold so he couldn’t fade. It was hard to think of anything except he didn’t want to be alone he’d do anything to not be completely alone.

For a second he stopped breathing when he felt a hand on his head, pulling him closer. He almost tensed, but his body relaxed instead.

He wouldn’t have to fight for attention he wouldn’t have to be strong enough or witty enough. It would be ok, right now. For a small, blissful moment he didn’t feel any pressure to keep hiding to earn anything.

‘…’abni, even if you had murdered someone, I would not leave you…’

“Shh…don’t worry…” The voice was soft, almost eerily gentle. At first, he couldn’t tell why-

“I’ll –“ Oh. No. Oh nono no

“ – protect –“ The hand around him was steely tight.

“ – you.”

His breath hitched, trying to control his terror. The knife was on the floor. It was too late to play dumb he’d already flinched-Alessio jerked back despite his training. Nithel was saf-Nithel was safe!

He’d thought that before.

Shock thundered through his body as he stared into the face of his friend. All the features blurred together like a featureless doll. The walls melted into black globs. Runrunrun. Oh but those weren’t his childhood instincts, those were learned and his mind has regressed in the moment. He knew what was coming, and he couldn’t move.

The Necromancer’s face was what finally flickered on the form. Blue – crystal blue eyes – a kind’ve blue foxfire that melted out his sockets.

His grip was still tight as needles digging into Alessio’s back, sinking into his flesh. There were needles strewn across the floor, everywhere he scrambled back. Hot trickling blood seeped through his surcoat – that clicked.

Whatever happened after that was a bloody mess (read – writer’s too lazy to choreograph -)

Next thing he was aware of was standing over the limp form, dizzy and coated red. He turned to walk away, tripping on the needles across the floor. Then his eye caught the doll with the torn eyes again.

Mechanically, he bent over to pick it up and a sharp pain stabbed through his wrist, thin silvery metal protruding through bone, pinning him to the floor. With a strangled growl, he twisted back just as the form bashing him into the ground by his bloody shoulder – another shiny steel stiletto-thin point nearly impaling his face. Reflexively, Alessio snatched his opponent’s wrist trying to wrestle it out of his taunt inhuman grip.

It hissed, getting closer and closer as it pressed harder, the needle hovering directly above his eye. The features blurred even more, shifting again, face after face. He ignored it, gritting his teeth with the effort to not die. He had to focus, and he almost did, until he was staring at Nithel’s scared, concerned face…his expression when Alessio lashed out in the dark room right before they were separated.

Just a flashba –

In a split-second he realized his mistake as the needle went down.

With a scream, Alessio bolted upright, unmistakably waking up everybody in the room.

*Note: @ragnoak and I were describing each other’s costumes as we envisioned them to see how well our descriptions were working and somewhere in there I was like “What’s Alessio’s cloths look like, you think?”

Him: “Uh, mostly browns, maybe blues.”

Me: “Blue? Why blue?”

Him: “Idk, I mean just like here and there and if he wears blue at all it’s probably faded.”

Me: “Mmm” *Remembers all the blue symbolism I’d forgotten about…* That’s perfect! It’ll be horrible when he wears blue again!!

Ragnarok
    @ragnarok

*Me, reading the update: Oh no, Alessio is having a nightmare. *Sob.*

*Me, continues reading: NOOOO ALESSIO!!!! DON’T PICK UP THE DOLL!!!!! *Screams* I’m done.*

Arsene had decided to walk back to the others, planning heists for another day. That’s when he heard the scream.

Alessio! I shouldn’t have left him alone! 

Without a second thought, Arsene kicked open the door to the apartment. Alessio was screaming, loud enough he woke up EVERYONE. Sherlock wasn’t going to be happy about this.

Not that he’d admit to being happy about something.

Working quickly, Arsene found the second-best cure for this situation. Going to the sink, the thief took a glass out of the cabinet, before filling it up with water. Perfect, it was cold. Skipping over to Alessio, Arsene splashed the boy with the water.

The boy muttered…something? Arsene couldn’t understand what it was.

“What the heck is wrong with you, brat!?!?”

SHERLOCK HAD THE GAUL TO KICK ALESSIO?!?!

For that, Arsene splashed the rest of the water in Sherlock’s face.

Sherlock laded with a thud on the floor, before Arsene yelled. “Why did you do that?!”

Just as Sherlock shot up to punch Arsene, a katana launched into him, with the pommel hitting his…ow.

Sherlock fell to the floor again, cringing in pain. One look at Mr. Antisocial and his empty sheath told him everything.

*If you want to knock out Arsene, @this-is-not-an-alien, so that he can talk to Naithar in dream world, here’s a good opportunity.*

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

He clapped a hand over his eye reflexively, expecting hot, inky blood. His whole body shuddered up and down with every gulp for air. He was hyperventilating. He couldn’t make it stop. Pain exploded inside like his lungs cracked and air was leaking in and out holes in his ribs. It’s fine it’s fine this isn’t the first time it’s happened it’ll go away after a while. He grabbed for his knife but felt a metallic jerk on his wrist instead.

His vision was shaky, but he could hear other people in the room. Devils. Alessio had learned the hard way the only way to avoid being mercilessly tormented in this state was to be more unpredictable and dangerous when upset.

Suddenly something cold splashed in his face. With a curse, he hurled something blunt in that general direction. If nobody got close, he’d be ok – he’d pay for it as soon as he calmed down but he could handle that.

“What the heck is wrong with you, brat!?!?”

Alessio snatched his knife in a quick, subtle motion, assessing whether to attack or act as unobtrusive as possible so they’d just get bored of it sooner. Comparatively blunt pain shot into his shoulder blade, and Alessio whirled on him with a glower – hissing threatening. He refused to react to the pain – it wasn’t a harsh enough blow for Alessio to assume he’d persist if he scared him away.

He glanced around, looking to gauge how badly they wanted to hurt him/whether he’d get more injuries fighting or taking it.

“Why did you do that?!” Arsene yelled, splashing his Evil Double. Wait where was he?! Is this real…?

His breath was wet and heavy, he felt completely numb and unreal. Maybe he was hallucinating – this was a dream a flashback a breakdown? The last person who defended him…

There was a scuffle, and “Evil Double” got the worst end of it this time. Just like…

After a pause, Arsene turned to him, he was saying something but his mind was somewhere else. He took a step or something closer to him and Alessio kicked him, jolting back.

“St-stop! Get away from me, Nathair-!” He growled, a little frantically. Arsene lost his balance and toppled to the floor – hitting his head.

Nathair wove between the brawling parties he’d set off rather carefree until he made it to the door and somebody knocked into him. The guy staggered up just as somebody else hurled a punch.

Unfortunately the guy he was aiming for ducked but Nathair didn’t. XD

*Me, reading the update: Oh no, Alessio is having a nightmare. *Sob.* *Me, continues reading: NOOOO ALESSIO!!!! DON’T PICK UP THE DOLL!!!!! *Screams* I’m done.*

Heheheh…XDDD

Arsene found the second-best cure for this situation.

Second-best????? What’s the first best?!?!

Anyway they both unconscious now continue on 😉

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

Leana’s eyes bugged when she saw the man, the knife. He disappeared as quickly as he’d appeared.

She really wanted to curl into a ball and cry. But no more of that… Leana wiped her eyes with her hands, pulled back her shoulders, glad she had her back against something solid, and looked up at the woman curiously… Not sure what to say or do. When will morning come? 

_____

Sorry that I disappeared!
    So… whenever you have something in quotes, and tilted, it’s a thought? Not actual words?

@ragnarok

Jominkreesa

'Forth now! And fear no darkness!'

Rusted Knight
    @rusted-knight

“ARGH! You…” Burn spluttered. “Were you dropped on your head too many times falling through holes in reality? And maybe keep that part down. Otherwise people will think you’re crazy.”

Caleb quickly looked at his drink. He had stepped in it now. Burn took a sip.

“Hey Ax-Punk. Did we land in your reality this time?”

“Pardon?”

Caleb didn’t quite understand. But then again nothing in the last few hours had made sense. He had left, been somewhere and now was sort of back. But… how. The only other places outside of this home world were heaven and hell. He clearly was not in heaven and it didn’t seem bad enough for hell.

“I guess this is what you call my reality.”

Caleb continued to drink his soda. He should feel safe now. He was back. He could find his way home easily. So… why was he nervous. Something told him that this was not over yet. He had missed a detail. But what?

The Hussar rejoined the group at the bar. Boy, he stood out like a light in the dark. It made Caleb uncomfortable. He drew attention Caleb didn’t want. And it added to the gnawing worry in his head. Standing, Caleb patted the Hussar on the arm.

“We should get you some plain clothes. You stand out a lot.”

@ethan-leonard

@hannahrenner

@this-is-not-an-alien

The Devil saw me with my head down and got excited. Then I said Amen

Ragnarok
    @ragnarok

When Arsene was clobbered by Alessio, he fell on the floor, busting his head on the magnificent tile. Then, he wasn’t in the apartment anymore. He was now in a strange, new world. It seemed to be a cave, but there were marvelous silver pillars carved in the walls. There were many symbols the thief didn’t recognize, but there were marks he was familiar with.

Hearts, diamonds, clubs, spades. All on the pillars and the roof. Even colored accordingly. I could get used to this.

Also, there was someone here. He had white hair, although he clearly wasn’t that old. The man looked at Arsene.

Attempting to make a good first impression, Arsene smiled. “Why hello, old man. Or do you prefer gray, bland, and boring man? Who might you be?”

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Ragnarok.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Nathair sat up and rubbed his head. Devils, that was blow – good thing he’s in one piece…hypothetically speaking.

At least nothing seemed to be broken except his pride and perhaps a couple braincells.

The only real issue now was…this was not where he fell unconscious. This was a completely different area leading him to conclude one of two things: 1) he was hallucinating or still unconscious or 2) he had been kidnapped. He was going with the second it sounded more interesting.

Of course if he was hallucinating it might be that…whatever monstrosity’s doing.

“I’m sure it was too much to ask for a normal day, yes.” Nathair remarked amiably, and got to his feet.

Quite the interesting setting he must say. Large dice like piles of crystalline stone stacked here and there in a frenetic order. But further down there were icons of hearts, diamonds, spades and clubs. Reds and blacks, spaced with whites here and there.

All in all quite enchanting for a nightmare.

Then there was some outlandish stranger, rather young too. Actually, he was about as old as Alessio would be now probably. And didn’t he look just as impish.

“Why hello, old man.” Excuse me? “Or do you prefer gray, bland, and boring man? Who might you be?”

“Were you going for a style of every timeperiod, fashion and color there?” Nathair glancing over him up and down from the tail-coat and red vest to the mismatched eyes and the black hair with a solid streak of silver.

The stranger gave a deep theatrical bow, with a wide Cheshire grin. The man could be a jester.

“Why I live for the chaos and inconsistency!”

“And you’ll die for it I’m sure.” Nathair observed innocently.

“And be remembered for it!” he ejaculated “My name will go down in history!”

“And I’m sure people will be greatly pleased when you become history.” He said “and what is your name, as it stands?”

Ragnarok
    @ragnarok

“Were you going for a style of every timeperiod, fashion and color there?” Ah yes, a man of sarcasm.

Well, at least he had style. Giving a bow for his audience, Arsene formed a wide grin on his face, before calmly answering. “Why I live for the chaos and inconsistency!”

“And you’ll die for it I’m sure.” The man announced his observation with innocence more fake than politics.

“And be remembered for it!” Arsene countered, “My name will go down in history!”

“And I’m sure people will be greatly pleased when you become history.” Ouch, he’s good, “and what is your name, as it stands?”

“Old gray man, my name is Arsene Lupin. Here’s my card.” the gentleman responded, as he gave the man a Thurston Howell III card.

“Pardon me, that’s the wrong one.” Arsene quickly corrected, as he pulled out a wallet.

“Pardon me once more, that’s not my wallet.” Arsene said as he threw the wallet at the man’s feet. Digging out another wallet from his pockets, again not his, Arsene threw that one away too.

“Uhhh, I don’t need your card. You’ve told me your name.”

“NONSENSE!” Arsene exclaimed after throwing at least six wallets away, “Finally! I’ve found it!”

Arsene hurled an ENTIRE deck of playing cards everywhere.

“What might your name be, old man?”

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

“Old gray man, my name is Arsene Lupin.” Well, I suppose ‘old gray man’ is better than ‘snake’. “Here’s my card.”

With a flourish, he handed Nathair a card. He raised his eyebrow and glanced down at the item. And then back at Arsene with a further raised eyebrow.

“Pardon me, that’s the wrong one.” He said yanking at his odd pouch. “Pardon me once more, that’s not my wallet.”

Nathair kept a firm grip on his money pouch.

“Is it possible you are not only short on brains but also short one ‘cards’ that are your own?”

“NONSENSE!” He blurted, throwing six more pouches across the floor. That made seven total. Maybe Nathair should take them…after all, Arsene didn’t need them. “Finally! I’ve found it!”

This ‘Arsene’ hurled cards like confetti in his face.

Well. He was more interesting than whatever group Nathair left.

“What might your name be, old man?”

Now’s as good a time as any to change your name so people don’t make fun of it…

The idea was very tempting, but it would require him to create an entirely new false identity and that was just too time-consuming. Might as well stick with the truth for now – he held a lot of resources and a good reputation (more or less) with that persona.

“Nathair, I suppose.”

Ragnarok
    @ragnarok

“Nathair, I suppose.”

Nathair, as in snake? Really? Well, serpent in other translations.

Wait, didn’t Alessio mention that name before knocking Arsene out. Now why would that name mean anything? Unless this man knew something. “You suppose, Old Snake? Would that imply you don’t remember your name?”

Before Nathair could answer, Arsene interrupted, “Well, since you can’t clearly remember your name, you wouldn’t happen to remember a certain paranoid, possibly traumatized boy named Alessio?”

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 522 total)
  • The forum ‘Fantasy Writers’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Craft Moving Themes Without Turning Readers Off

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the 2024 Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

Learn How to Write Christian Themes that Resonate

Enter your email to get the worksheet, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

Get Free Writing Resources

Sign up below to gain immediate access to over a dozen ebooks, story worksheets, and action step guides.

Register for the Panel Discussion

Enter your email to claim your free spot at the live event!

Pin It on Pinterest