fb

Fantasy Writers

Character Castle 2.0

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 969 total)
  • Author
    Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@wingiby-iggiby

That’s totally fine! I completely understand! 😉

So, let’s just conveniently imagine Dancrow is with Klein and Ferran and just going through all the motions.

@jasmine

Experiment away! That’s what the forum is here for XD

So, we’ll go with the previously mentioned pairing, since everyone seems happy with that, except we can swap out Gwen and Dancrow, so Liorah and her are together, and Ferran, Dancrow, and Klein are together. I think that’ll work!

Okay, I’m just going to write it as if that works, otherwise, you can just ignore all of that and swap them out, because I can’t wait to write Ferran’s reaction to all of this!

@mischievous-thwapling

there WILL be uncontrollable-Riure laughing fits. >:) XD

Ooh, this is going to be fun! XD

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

Jasmine
    @jasmine

I’m ok with trapping  Gwendolyn with any of the characters. This is going to be awesome either way.

I AM afraid. I'm glad that I am. That tells me I need to be brave. ~W.M.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@mischievous-thwapling,

*cackles* What inside joke shall Riure and Zanar come up with first? *rubs hands*

(Can you imagine how unstable the world would be if they hung out together on a regular basis? XD)

"Lacho calad! Drego morn!"

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

Ferran

Gavril disappeared into the tunnel, and I glanced at Liorah.

“Maybe he shouldn’t…” I let my sentence trail off, but Liorah was already shaking her head.

“It’s fine,” she said, confidently.

I must have looked dubious. Whenever Liorah was that confident, she was usually entirely clueless.

Liorah raised an eyebrow and tossed her head. Her braid had unraveled and the auburn waves tumbled over her shoulders and down to her hips.

The panel slammed shut behind him with such a loud clank that we all jumped.

“What…” Liorah started, then another panel slammed between us. I heard the echoes of more crunching into the ground.

I let out a breath, shoving the panic down. This was fine. Getting upset wasn’t going to help. I had to work this out. I had to get to Liorah before anything happened to her. She could take care of herself, but I wanted to know she was alright.

I turned and noticed two others in the section. One was the armored man I’d seen earlier, the other was unarmored. Dark soot streaked over his face, and he looked highly confused. I had no idea if the two facts were connected in any way, and I certainly wasn’t about to ask.

I mindlessly wiped at my cheek, almost certain there was a streak of soot there. Well, my hands were blacked from the day’s work, so if there hadn’t been, there was now. I gripped my staff tighter, waiting for what was going to happen.

Silence.

Since nobody else was making a move, I stepped closer to the panel and examined the steel. I wasn’t an expert on steel, silver, or any metal besides gold, but my father had been a blacksmith, so I had a basic understanding of strong iron and steel.

This was unlike any I’d seen before. It was perfectly smooth, with no marks from a hammer or any other tool. It looked unnatural. It had a silvery gleam, but it didn’t look like silver. It must be an alloy of some sort. I had no idea how hard it was, but I knew how to find out.

The plates were welded together by rivets, and I didn’t have much hope of breaking it loose, but it was a weak point in the steel, and that was a start.

I looked over my shoulder to make sure I had enough room, picked a seam I could reach easily, and swung my staff in an arc. I threw my whole weight into it, and it slammed against the steel. The hardwood of my staff shuddered but didn’t break. It was nearly unbreakable, and a blow like that could have broken a bone. The steel didn’t have any give, though, and my hands ached from the blow.

I examined the spot where I’d hit and was disgruntled to see that there was only a dent the size of my thumb. This steel was either impossibly thick or much stronger than anything I knew.

There had to be another way out.

“It’s an alloy stronger than steel. I don’t know the melting point and there’s nothing to make a fire hot enough. Any ideas?” I said, shortly. I didn’t feel like talking more than I needed to, but perhaps one of the others knew of something I didn’t.

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

Liorah

The metal plate slammed between me and Ferran and an extremely impolite word exploded from me.

I tried to back away, but there was another behind me and to each side. Gwen was here too, looking as confused as I was. The room was small.

I gritted my teeth and did the only reasonable thing under the circumstances.

I ripped off my boot again and hurled it at the wall, with all the frustration I’d built up.

“Again? Are you kidding me? This isn’t funny!” I screamed at the wall. My voice echoed through the small chamber.

“After I strangle you, I’ll rip off your head and kick it into that chasm! Do you hear me?” I shouted.

I hurled my other boot at the wall, then, satisfied that the castle understood my exact opinion of the entire situation, stalked toward my boots and aggressively put them on again.

I didn’t get up but pulled my hair loose and began detangling it. It had snarled from hanging upside down, and I pulled at the tangles until they’d come loose, then rebraided it, a scowl on my face the entire time.

What was I supposed to do now? Was Gavril alright? From what I’d seen, the castle took out people every so often, and I was certain they went home. I didn’t think something had happened to him. I would have felt that. For now, my first priority was getting out of here. And I had no idea how.

I shot Gwendolyn a questioning look.

“Do you think the boot-throwing helped?” I asked, “I might do it again.”

You know, I had no idea how Liorah was going to react to that, but this feels right. XD

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@joelle-stone @rose-colored-fancy

Lol! It certainly shall be fun 😛 And, Rose, thx for starting us off with the trap!

@jasmine

It definitely will be fun 😀

If your dreams turn to dust... vacuum.
    ~Author Unknown

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

This was starting to get confusing, with everything happening all at once. Someone stumbled into Zanar from behind, then he was pulled in a tight and kind hug, which he almost let himself melt into–but he couldn’t, shouldn’t. He was a Guardian. He had to be strong. If he wasn’t strong… well, you wouldn’t live very long if you were a weak Guardian.

But then the Bear Hugger Blondie–he realized now that was who’d hugged him–was dragging him and another girl, the one who’d bumped into him, to Lady With Weird Boom-Boom Stick.

“I’m adopting both of them, Rosy!” Bear Hugger Blondie declared.

Lady With Weird Boom-Boom Stick (or perhaps Rosy?) sighed but seemed resigned to this.

And then the girl giggled beside Zanar, and he decided to call her Giggle Gal With Not-So-Nice Canine Companion. Not the catchiest nickname, but he was more distracted with being adopted.

Zanar glanced around and realized with a start that Noble Nose was gone. Huh? See what he meant about confusing? Everything was happening so fast and jerkily (which is why this post is so choppy, sorry about that)–

But then Rosy-Lady With Weird Boom-Boom stick explained something about people going home after being transported to a strange castle, which, apparently, was where Zanar was. He didn’t absorb most of it since part of his brain was trying to figure out whether she was kidding, and the other half was wondering if that could possibly be true. If it was, it explained why none of these people resembled Skyinians or Kulmainians.

But then, with a loud clang, a metal barrier slammed down, separating him from the others. Except Giggle Gal With Not-So-Nice Canine Companion, who let out a terrified yelp–or that might have been Zanar. He wasn’t really sure. Everywhere people were exclaiming less-than-appropriate words–one of the voices distinctly sounded like Sassy Sauce– and his mind was spinning like a whirlpool.

But he sucked in a deep breath and let it out slowly. Sometimes the most important moment of the day was the small rest between two deep breaths–at least, that’s what Zanar was telling himself.

He could figure this out. After all, hadn’t he scraped by death several times? Like when he had rescued Ryli from the gang! Okay… well, maybe it was more like he’d gotten captured trying to rescue Ryli, then his dad had bailed him out–but that wasn’t the point.

Running a hand through his unruly silver hair, he turned to Giggle Gal With Not-So-Nice Canine Companion.

“Hello, Giggle Ga–person. Hello, person,” Zanar hastily corrected himself. “Right now I’m pretty sure we need to get out of here before we’re crushed or something, like in Star Wars. Oh, wait, sorry, wrong universe. Not supposed to break the fourth wall, right…” Zanar muttered, not really sure whether he was talking to Giggle Gal With Not-So-Nice Canine Companion or himself.  “Anyhow, I’m Zanar. You are… ?” For the first time he studied her and realized with a small guilty start that she was blind.

“Oh, wait, are you blind?” he asked, then literally and immediately kicked himself. “Oof, so so sorry. I totally didn’t mean it that way.” This was worse than the time Zanar had asked Peter if he was a mime (Remember that, Kinnan? XD). Much much worse. “I’m really sorry. I kinda blurt things when I’m freaking out.”

______

Sry, that was really choppy and kinda long–it’s hard to catch up on everything XD (But maybe the choppiness will help portray how Zanar’s seeing it: in a fast confusing blur… Hrm. Intriguing thought. Anyhoo, @joelle-stone, if you want to respond to that, I’m very sorry for Zanar’s rambles!! Hopefully this doesn’t set him and Riure off on the wrong foot, but then again, it seems a little hard to offend Riure.

~Author Unknown

Jasmine
    @jasmine

Alright! Let the Gwendolyn personality experimenting begin!

GWENDOLYN

I knocked an arrow as I neared the next room, my mind and body tense. I was prepared, I was ready for whatever the castle would throw at me.

Thick metal plates suddenly flew out of the ceiling, creating a small room around me. I wasn’t ready for that. I jumped at the sound of someone shouting behind me. It was Liorah, she ripped of her boots and hurled one at the wall.

“Again? Are you kidding me?” She shouted, “This isn’t funny!”

I raised my eyebrows in amusement as she hurled the second boot. Then the predicament set in. Another trap. I was frustrated now, I just wanted to get home and this stupid, stupid, castle didn’t seem to want to let me go. I squinted an eye shut and aimed my arrow at a crack between the ceiling and wall, drawing back the bow string and firing.

“After I strangle you, I’ll rip off your head and kick it into that chasm! Do you hear me?” Liorah screamed. She padded over to the wall and yanked the slightly mangled boots back on. My arrow stuck in the crack, quivering from the blow.

Liorah started untangling her hair with her fingers and re-braiding it. I slung my bow over my shoulder and jumped up, my fingers griping the arrow. I tried looking through the crack and saw only darkness, I tried prying the crack wider, but the arrow came loose and I dropped back down to the floor.

Liorah gave me a questioning look. “Do you think the boot-throwing helped?” she asked, “I might do it again.”

“why?” I asked, “what did your boots ever do to you?”

My annoyance was growing, I hated small confined places, I liked room to run, jump, and move freely. This place was getting on my nerves.

Just to keep myself occupied, I sorted through my satchel. I found my compass, half empty money pouch, silver whistle, hairbrush, knife, flint and steel, string, and small first aid kit. Nothing helpful.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Jasmine.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Riure yelped and jumped backward as a loud metallic clang reverberated around her. She stumbled into a wall that had suddenly appeared right behind her (or she was just completely turned around and it had been there the whole time) and nearly fell over. Sadiq followed her yelp with an echoing bark.

Someone breathed in deeply, exhaling with a whoosh. Riure froze.

“Hello, Giggle Ga–person. Hello, person.” Oh, it was New Voice. Riure stifled a laugh. She was pretty certain he was about to say Giggle Gal or something, which actually fit her pretty well. “Right now I’m pretty sure we need to get out of here before we’re crushed or something, like in Star Wars. Oh, wait, sorry, wrong universe. Not supposed to break the fourth wall, right…” What? “Anyhow, I’m Zanar. You are… ?”

Riure smiled, ready to answer, but he interupted with: “Oh, wait, are you blind? Oof, so so sorry. I totally didn’t mean it that way. I’m really sorry. I kinda blurt things when I’m freaking out.”

This time Riure couldn’t keep her laughter in. It filled the space with bubbles as she released the pressure in her gut. “I’m Riure, yes I’m blind, and you don’t have to apologize. I get that a lot.” She laughed again. “Nice to meet you, Zanar. This is Sadiq.” She patted her dog’s head fondly. Where was Ehud, or Master Zeiss, or Gavril? Sadiq liked Gavril, at least. She was growling at the boy.

“Where are we, anyway?” Riure continued. Something thumped into the wall behind her and her reflexes jerked her forward. Another loud thump sounded, and Riure cocked her head towards it. “And what’s happening? Is Lord Castle trying to kill us again?”

—————————————————

@mischievous-thwapling
    (Sorry, my brain is out of mental juice to get some jokes started, ha ha. That’s up to you, O Bearer of Thwapling Power.)

"Lacho calad! Drego morn!"

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@joelle-stone

*reverently kneels* Surely, being the Bearer of Thwapling Power is a huge burden–but it is one I shall proudly carry. *bows head*

And, lol!!! I knew Riure wouldn’t be offended! *fist pump* *thinks loving thoughts about Riure* *starts planning next post when, hopefully if all goes well, I’ll get some humor in* 😛

~Author Unknown

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Ok so kissing it is I guess! *heeheehee this is gonna be soo bad. Rosario; what you think I’m your free entertainment now?! Me;… Rosario; choose your next words very wisely.*

“I’m adopting them both, Rosy!” He chirped, being dragged back by the hood while still holding Riure’s and Silver’s hands. “Oh! What’s you name? I’m Ehud by the way. We’ve been here for forever before you came there was a library and a Viking Dude and Miss Murder and Ax Girl and–” Suddenly black spots jumped into his eyes before the world went topsy-turvy spiraling into darkness. It felt like how it had when they were teleported to their worst nightmares. Dizzying, disoriented and abruptly knocked into a new world.
    Nothing happened.
    Everything was pitch black.
    “Ro-Rosy?” he gasped “Rosy?! Where are you?!”
    I remember, I don’t wanna remember, I don’t wanna…

It rained and it rained and it rained. I remember I couldn’t see through the rain, it knocked my bones out and it killed my bear. The mud itched and it was heavy and everywhere. I thought I saw her I had to keep running. I can’t even remember his name (the bear, I think it was Blue or something dumb), but it was all so thorn up I had to leave him.

It was miserable, but I couldn’t stop calling for her I was so sure…Everybody was so big I felt like a wet fishstick. In five seconds I woke up on the ground I couldn’t remember falling. I never should’ve gone, I knew it wasn’t her but I was so sure. I was so sure, I just had to.
    So I planned to climb the roofs and skid off one of the trams by, maybe if I made it Mr Garner would give me a lift. I did not expect it to huuurt like that! Fun fact; freezing hands do not climb well and slippery rain doesn’t help. And let’s not even talk about the factory smoke. I was so close I could see her Barbie thin heels click clacking to the train station.
    “Mom?!” I yelled for good measure I knew she wasn’t listening. Why’d she leave us I don’t know but if she had to find something, I just wanted to talk to her.
    (If it was too much for her why did she leave me?)
    I had to find her.
    (Did she mean to hurt me?)
    She must not’ve known what was going on.
    (How could she have not known what she was leaving me with?)
    I guess I just wanted to say hi, I didn’t want to make her come home. I wanted…I don’t know. Maybe she was looking for something like that. I could hear the all aboard coming aboard from the train. She was wearing something frilly like a doll. I don’t know how that could be warm but it looked soft. I couldn’t think of a safe way to reach her and the train’s last ‘aboard’ was yelling so I caught the bottom of a tram racing way faster than ones I usually grabbed (which was awesome!). But it hurt, yeesh man owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
    Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    Ouch. Mean pavement.
    With absolutely totally fantastically awesome reflexes I…took two steps before a wall hit me. Ow. But I caught up with her (I think)!
    “Mom…?” She turned around and it was just a lady going somewhere. Well, I mean, nobody’s ‘just a lady goin…’ Yeah, well…I mean, man that hurt. Where’d my bear…I think I lost it.
    “I think you’ve got me confused with someone else, sugar. Now now, don’t cry, I’m sure–” I don’t really remember what I did I just started running. Probably climbing something I
    Didn’t want
    (to feel alone)
    Anybody to ever feel lonely.

“Rosy…?”

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@jasmine

I like it! It seems to suit her!

@this-is-not-an-alien

Awww…. poor Ehud! Don’t do that to him! He doesn’t deserve that! Poor Ehud… That was good, though! I liked how it was kinda like a dream, and kinda like a memory.

Liorah

Gwen jumped up and peered into the narrow crack. I watched with interest. It was too narrow to get through though, and she fell back to the ground, landing easily on her feet.

“Why? What did your boots ever do to you?” Gwen asked, annoyed.

“Nothing in particular, but the idea that I might be hurting Lord Castle is too satisfying to resist,” I said, viciously.

“You ain’t,” Lord Castle said, unexpectedly. If I hadn’t already been sitting, I might have fallen over in surprise.

“Did you hear me, you rear end of a camel?” I added, louder “I’m going to–”

The castle ignored me and talked through me.

“Y’all are gonna hafta solve two riddles if y’all wanna get out of here.” (Quick note, this only counts for Liorah and Gwen. The others can have different challenges. If they solve this early they can just team up with another pair.)

“What are you, a sphinx?” I asked, ironically.

“Two. Are you ready for the first?” The castle said, ignoring me.

“Or else you’ll crush us as you tried with Gav?” I asked, furiously. I got up, ready to throw my boots at it again.

“Naw. Humans die so easily, I can just ignore you for a few weeks,” The castle said, in a metallic nonchalant tone.

Its tone was too cool and flat for me to dismiss it. It would. Without a doubt.

“Well, tell it then, you–” I was just formulating a good, shocking insult when it already continued.

“Only one color, but not one size,

Stuck at the bottom, yet easily flies.

Present in sun, but not in rain,

Doing no harm, and feeling no pain.

What is it?”

“Why does everything rhyme? Did Dr. Suess put a curse on this place?” I said, angrily, then looked at Rose. “Oh, just a sec, I don’t know about that, do I? Actually, I don’t know about sphinxes either.”

Me: Leave the fourth wall alone! Go on with whatever!

“Fine,” I said, rolling my eyes. “Just checking for historical accuracy. Something you can’t be bothered with, obviously.”

Me: *Glares*

“Okay, do you know this one?” I asked Gwen.

I saw Thwap messing with the fourth wall again and I couldn’t resist XD

Rusted Knight
    @rusted-knight

Steel walls shot up out of the floor. Klein instinctively snapped up his rifle and closed the visor. Quickly turning, he checked his surroundings. The group had been broken apart by the walls which seemed to originate from a single point. A top down view might give it the look of the spokes of a wheel. His group consisted of two children and a dog. Scanning the walls brought no other intelligence on what the other groups were ore if the others were still alive.

“Hello, Giggle Ga–person. Hello, person.” It was the boy speaking. “Right now I’m pretty sure we need to get out of here before we’re crushed or something, like in Star Wars. Oh, wait, sorry, wrong universe.” Klein perked up at that. The spiders had seemed to know a little of Earth’s past. “Not supposed to break the fourth wall, right. Anyhow, I’m Zanar. You are… ?”

The boy paused, looking a the girl. “Oh, wait, are you blind? Oof, so so sorry. I totally didn’t mean it that way. I’m really sorry. I kinda blurt things when I’m freaking out.”

Surprisingly, the girl only laughed at Zanar’s frantic apology. “I’m Riure, yes I’m blind, and you don’t have to apologize. I get that a lot.” She laughed again. “Nice to meet you, Zanar. This is Sadiq.” She patted her dog’s head. It only growled at the boy.

Rubbing his hand over the wall, Klein felt the vibrations in his hand. Smooth surface, possibly polished or oiled. There were no signs of machinery or wearing. The walls moved fast too. Picking a spot, Klein stood back and struck as hard as he could with the heel of his palm. The wall boomed at impact but held without bending. Jarring vibrations shot up Klein’s arm.

“Where are we, anyway? And what’s happening? Is Lord Castle trying to kill us again?”

“No, I just tried to break the walls down.” Klein shook his arm, brushing away the pain. “I’m Klein Larson. How long have you guys lived here?”

The Devil saw me with my head down and got excited. Then I said Amen

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@rusted-knight

Hey, Rusted Knight, I thought Ferran, Klein, and Dancrow were together? Otherwise, Ferran is essentially stuck alone, since Wingiby is skipping this trap.

Jasmine
    @jasmine

@rose-colored-fancy

Ahhhhhh! I love riddles! I’m not very good at them though,🤔 Neither is Gwen.

Once they figure out the riddles, maybe the castle could have them fight? I just thought it was a interesting idea but if you don’t like it we could just have them join another group.

Gwendolyn

“Nothing in particular, but the idea that I might be hurting Lord Castle is too satisfying to resist,” Liorah snapped.

I stuffed my stuff back into my satchel and put it back over my shoulder, a sarcastically sad smile on my face.

“You ain’t,” a metallic voice boomed. I jumped, it took me a minute to realize the castle itself  was speaking. I would have laughed if it wasn’t so creepy.

“Did you hear me, you rear end of a camel?” Liorah shouted, “I’m going to–”

The castle ignored her and kept talking,

“Y’all are gonna hafta solve two riddles if y’all wanna get out of here.”

“What are you, a sphinx?” Liorah asked, sounding annoyed at being interrupted.

“Two. Are you ready for the first?” The castle asked, still ignoring Liorah.

I stifled a chuckle, as funny as it was, we where still in danger.

“Or else you’ll crush us as you tried with Gav?” Liorah roared, looking like she was aiming to do more boot-throwing.

“Naw. Humans die so easily, I can just ignore you for a few weeks,” The castle said. I shuddered at the thought of being stuck in this cramped room for weeks.

“Well, tell it then, you–” the castle interrupted Liorah again,

“Only one color, but not one size,

Stuck at the bottom, yet easily flies.

Present in sun, but not in rain,

Doing no harm, and feeling no pain.

What is it?”

“Why does everything rhyme? Did Dr. Suess put a curse on this place?” Liorah snapped, “Oh, just a sec, I don’t know about that, do I? Actually, I don’t know about sphinxes either.”

“What?” I ask, feeling like I missed something. My mirth fades and I realize how hard this is going to be.

“Okay, do you know this one?” Liorah asks me.

I rake my mind for ideas, I’m useless when it comes to riddles. useless. “No,” I say. I need to calm down and think, but my mind is raging with frustration. I’m used to being able to fight my way out without thinking. This is the opposite, the castle has me cornered and he knows it. I want to run or fight, but I can’t.

“As soon as I get out of here, I’m going to find every last scrap of blastpowder in First Place and blow this place to Themyscira.” I snarl.

Calm down and think

“I don’t know, a bird? a rainbow?,” I say, knowing both answers are stupid.

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 969 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest