fb

Fantasy Writers

Character Castle 2.0

Viewing 15 posts - 1,486 through 1,500 (of 1,827 total)
  • Author
    Laura K. Abeid
    @mamaauthoress

Also, what kind of wound is this? Puncture, like from teeth? Or is it a cut from a blade? etc.

It was from a blade — a halberd.

Because this rp is meant to develop characters, we tend to write more in the form of fragmented fiction (Just write as if you’re writing a novel, but cut off at a tension point, like when something big happened or your character asked a question.) So, it tends to be in longer form than most RP’s, because we usually don’t have the time to post more than once or twice a day. (And we’re very seldom online at the same time)

So, go wild with introspection, philosophical rants, and all the slow, deep character work you can’t use in your novel because it gets tedious XD And weird formats, I’ve done that a lot. I’ve written pieces from second person POV, crossed out sentences, etc etc. You can pretty much go wild because it isn’t ‘serious’ writing 🙂

*GASP* I can do that here?! 😃 SAY NO MORE.

_________

Faintly aware of something touching his lips, Rúan’s face twisted, but a drizzle of water flowed into his mouth.

His eyes opening wide, Rúan tried to reach out and guzzle the water from the canteen, but it was pulled slightly out of reach.

No … no, I need water … please …

Rúan’s leg throbbed, his throat ached, his pride tearing.

“If I had been … faster …” he mumbled, unaware that his thoughts were translating into words. “But … Yulenna … Mother …”

Then his intellect sharpened again, and all that had happened beforehand flooded back into his newly coherent mind.

He sat bolt upright. “YULENNA! MOTHER!”

Faces unfamiliar all surrounded him, some watching and some not. A man with a kind face, framed with shoulder-length black hair, was right is front of him, staring at him with piercing blue eyes. In his hand held a flask dripping with water.

“Wh-who are you?” Rúan demanded of no one in particular, trying to regain some of his dignity. He scrambled against the cave wall, then nearly roared in torment when his calf scraped the ground.

He sucked in air through his teeth, trying to calm the spike of pain that staggered through his leg.

I am broken. I am bleeding .... But I am beautiful.

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

Okay people. Halt everything.

WE MADE IT TO 100 PAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOO HOOOOO

Oh. Nobody cares? Okay. Bye-bye now…

@mamaauthoress

Ooooooh a halberd??? Niarok’s gonna have some fuunnnn

No, I’m not a psychopath.

You know, I’m actually not confident in that statement now that I’ve said it… XD

Niarok

“If I had been … faster …” the man muttered, his words slurring. “But … Yulenna … Mother …”

All of a sudden his eyes snapped all the way open and he sat bolt upright.

“YULENNA! MOTHER!” he yelled.

Everyone was staring at him now. Ayden was peaking around the corner from the back of the cave.

Niarok winced.

“Wh-who are you?” the man asked, his voice shaking.

He scrambled backwards and pressed his back to the wall, his eyes dilated from the pain of his leg scraping on the floor.

Great. This isn’t going to be easy.

“My name is Niarok. We’re all stuck in this place, and it seems to have a mind bent on torturing us.”

The man stared at him, looking like he wanted to stand up and run back to wherever he had come from, but he obviously knew he couldn’t.

“You’re leg is bleeding badly. Is it alright if I bandage it?” Niarok asked.

"The light perceives the very heart of the darkness." -Haldir

Laura K. Abeid
    @mamaauthoress

Rúan forced himself to breathe — forced control over his thoughts and his whole self.

In. Out. In. Out.

The man in front of him took a breath, directing Rúan’s attention to him, and said, “My name is Niarok. We’re all stuck in this place, and it seems to have a mind bent on torturing us.”

Mind? This place has a mind?

Puzzled, Rúan tried to work the scanty pieces of information together.

Get yourself together — surroundings can’t have brains.

Why had he considered that in the first place?

I’m delirious, he decided. Delirious from the pain.

“Your leg is bleeding badly,” the man called Niarok said gently. “Is it all right if I bandage it?”

Hesitating, Rúan swept his eyes over his crowd of onlookers, landing on each face as he struggled to memorize their individual details.

Returning his gaze back to Niarok, Rúan nodded stiffly, gingerly unbending his knee but being careful not to let his mangled calf touch the ground.

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

Niarok

Niarok saw the man’s eyes squint at his mention of the castle’s motivations.

Right.

He hadn’t known castles had brains either, not until now.

We can get to that later.

The man nodded stiffly in response to Niarok’s request to bandage his leg, and he unbent his knee, giving Niarok space to work.

He reached behind himself and grabbed his medical bag, opening and removing some herbs and bandages.

He examined the wound. Though it was extremely deep, it hadn’t hit any major arteries by some miracle.

He made a poultice out of the gorshwood, adding some hiyath for good measure, and packed the wound before bandaging it tightly.

“If the bleeding continues, I might have to suture it,” Niarok said quietly.

The man’s eyes went wide.

“I don’t think it will come to that,” Niarok added gently, desperately hoping he was right.

If it did, he was going to have a heck of a time convincing this man to give him permission.

@mamaauthoress

Laura K. Abeid
    @mamaauthoress

Rúan tried to be patient while Niarok bandaged his calf, but the thousands of needle-like stinging coursing through his flesh and veins made it hard to keep a calm demeanour.

At one point, he could not hold back a small yelp.

Then the pain subsided near the end, and Rúan could relax a bit. He allowed himself to slump back against the cave wall and close his eyes momentarily.

But then Niarok tied off the bandage and murmured, “If the bleeding continues, I might have to suture it.”

Rúan’s eyes flew open. What?

“I don’t think it will come to that,” Niarok added gently, though something in his tone depicted otherwise.

Rúan hardened his stare. After swallowing, Rúan said tersely, “It better not come down to that.”

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

Niarok

I am now very much hoping it stops bleeding.

Niarok had packed a ton of gorshwood and hiyath into that wound, far more than he usually would have. Something about the man told him he hated doctors as a rule.

Niarok really didn’t like being hated, especially when he was just trying to help.

“It better not come down to that,” the man snapped, and Niarok met his eyes.

“I agree,” he said, then handed the man his extra canteen. “Don’t guzzle it all immediately. We have no access to fresh water currently.”

The man raised an eyebrow and snatched the canteen, taking a swig and then going back to staring at Niarok.

“We have food and blankets if you want either,” he said after a moment. “What’s your name, by the way?”

“Ruan,” the man said shortly, taking another drink and seeming very eager for Niarok to walk away.

So he did.

And went to check on Ayden, who had drawn back into the shadows.

@mamaauthoress

Feel free to change anything that wasn’t consistent with Ruan’s character!

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

Y’all are going fast here…I’ll try to make a post tomorrow. 🙂

Your life is not your own so keep your hands off it. ~Sherlock Holmes

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

Y’all are going fast here…I’ll try to make a post tomorrow.

Lol I got excited…

Brooke
    @wingiby-iggiby

CHET GABE

“I don’t know,” Aydin said. “I was–” He stopped, sucked in some air, then continued. “I woke up here, I don’t know what happened.”

He turned away and gripped Brand’s hair in his fist like the animal was some sort of life-line. Brand seemed to understand, and he rubbed his nose against Aydin’s chest with a gentle snort. Chet’s own chest swelled with pride.

This was his wonderful, relatable animal.

I know what hard times feel like, and a faithful companion to go through it with ya makes all the difference. 

Even more than whiskey.

But then Chet registered what Aydin had just said.

He said he jist woke up ‘ere, jist like me. This ain’t good, not good at all. What type ‘a magic’s awake ‘ere?

He glanced around at the rocky walls and its shivering inhabitants. Suddenly, the cold nipped at him like the rattle of a snake.

Aydin looked up at him. “You should get to the fire. You’ll freeze here.”

Chet stared at him as if he had just suggested filling Maverick’s boots with scorpions again.

Aydin patted Brand and then turned away. Chet still clamped the camcal’s line in his hand, and he started toward the fire, since he wasn’t sure what else to do.

But there’s people there, I don’t wanna . . .

He stopped after a few steps, and that was when Aydin staggered backwards and braced himself against the wall.

What in the?

A seizure?

Naw, it’d be different. . . bash it all, was it me? What’d I do? Oh, by a camcal’s tongue!

Chet felt like the cold had frozen him to the floor.

“Aydin, are you alright?” The dark haired fellow strode up and put a hand on Aydin’s arm, but the trembling man pulled away.

What should I do, what should I do? 

Brand’s flanks trembled and he pawed the ground. Chet ran a hand along the animal’s neck. “Check, check, boy, shuuush.”

The last thing we need is a wild camcal.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” Aydin stammered. He seemed to sink into his cloak. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know– Sometimes that happens, I–”

He stopped and closed his eyes for a moment as if he couldn’t believe himself.

I feel ya kid, I feel ya.

Chet glanced at him with sympathy.

Brand made him feel better, should I?. . . .But maybe it was somethin’ I did?

“Hey!” The man with the sword suddenly snapped. “Give him space.”

Chet’s eyes immediately narrowed, and he glared at the man, clenching his teeth.

Don’t yell at me, fellow, if ya know what’s good for ya. I’ve had enough of yelling and screaming, so beat it. 

He glowered after the man as he went to sit down next to a girl. She had black hair, too, but hers was streaked with red. They looked alike.

Siblings?

He drew her into a hug, and Chet looked away.

Little sister. . . . Sweet, little sisters. I wonder what they think of me now. Sunshine, Berry . . . why did I leave? Why was I so selfish? You must be two fine young ladies now, and without a protector. What was I thinkin’?

He seemed to feel the whiskey in his pack.

Not now, not now, Gabe. Ya got this. Ya got this.

He started trembling, feeling the need for oblivion pulsing through his veins.

Too many folks, too much! 

“Hello? Is… anyone there?”

Suddenly, a man with hair as wild and red as the fire stumbled into the cavern — and his leg was running blood as fast as a gushing waterfall.

Great foxes! 

Chet stared in shock.

He needs help, bad. I need to help him . . . should I? I might jist scare him like I did Aydin . . . But Tyag and the others helped me. 

I gotta do this, one piece atta time. 

He took a deep breath, and was just about to command Brand to “stay,” when the dark haired man rushed to the redhead’s side and caught him before he fell.

“Water,” Chet saw the man’s cracked lips form the words.

Water . . . I’ve got a little! 

The black haired man helped the wounded fellow to a spot by the fire and immediately whipped out a canteen. The man drank like a camcal.

“Can I look at your leg?” Black-Hair said.

He moves fast, an’ ‘e thinks quick, Chet thought wryly. The man would make a worthy foe . . . but right now he was just relieved someone else was doing the helping.

Then the redhead started mumbling. “If I had been … faster …but … Yulenna … Mother …”

Suddenly he shot up like he had been stung. “YULENNA! MOTHER!”

Brand snorted and shook his head; his large, gentle eyes were wide.

“Shuuush, Brandy-boy.” Chet looked into his pet’s eyes. That’s it, keep calm, boy. Keep calm.

“Wh-who are you?” The redhead cried before scooting against the wall. And then he screamed again, a wordless scream of pain.

Chet closed his eyes for a moment and then watched the man while still rubbing Brand’s neck. The others were still and silent.

“My name is Niarok. We’re all stuck in this place, and it seems to have a mind bent on torturing us,” Blackhair said.

Alright, so yer name is Niarok.

And what did ya jist say?!

Chet stopped scratching Brand. Bash it all . . . what is this place? Who’s in charge a’ it? 

“You’re leg is bleeding badly. Is it alright if I bandage it?” Niarok asked.

The Redhead nodded, and Niarok went to work.

‘E’s a medicine man. . . 

“If the bleeding continues, I might have to suture it,” the doctor said, and the Redhead’s eyes gaped.

“I don’t think it will come to that,” Niarok answered.

Chet’s blood went cold.

No, not again. This place must really be out to git us, this ain’t good, ain’t good. . .

He started rubbing Brand again, a little more vigorously than he meant to. The camcal snorted, and Chet had to quiet both of them again.

“It better not come down to that,” the Redhead said.

Chet couldn’t help but to nod in agreement.

“I agree,” Niarok said, handing the man the canteen. “Don’t guzzle it all immediately. We have no access to fresh water currently. We have food and blankets if you want either.” Then he paused before asking: “what’s your name, by the way?”

“Ruan,” was the reply, and Chet repeated it to himself in his mind.

Bash it all, too many names.

He felt awkward, just standing there. He needed something to do. He needed to be alone.

Should I help? But what could I do, except offer the fellow some whiskey? It would warm the bones, that’s fer sure.

The thought made his skin tingle.

But what would ‘e think of me? 

Still, if I’m gonna be in ‘ere, I better make some friends. 

But look what happened to Aydin.

Chet turned away. “Kack, boy,” he commanded, and the camcal slowly laid down on the cold floor.

If he didn’t have Brand to worry about, he would have gone back to the cold stone room he woke up in, and there he would have waited for the worst. But a man must care for his beast before himself.

Even as he lowered himself to the floor, all his instincts screamed at him not to make himself vulnerable. But all the others were doing the same, and maybe they’d think better of him if he didn’t act imposing.

He settled up against Brand’s warm back. Just then, his elbow bumped into the saddlebag, striking something hollow. His banjo.

That’s a better treatment than brandy, at least fer right now. 

But he couldn’t play in front of all these people.

That would be so awkward.

But his fingers itched for it.

Maybe he could help the people that way. Music always helped him. Music was food for the soul. Music was soothing. Music spoke in ways that normal words couldn’t.

Suddenly, a face came into his mind. Not Maverick’s face. Not the face of one of his victims.

No, his mama’s face.

One step at a time . . .

He reached over to the saddle bag and pulled out the smooth, polished instrument.

Slowly, he plucked its strings and turned its tuning knobs.

Thank you mama, banjo-mama. 

I’ll come back ta ya, some day. I’ll git back. I promise. I’ll git back to ya and the girls, and I’ll care fer ya jist like papa.

He struck a chord, and then another one. Brand’s ears flickered back towards him and a puff of air escaped his nostrils. Chet could feel the animal’s body relax, and, in turn, his nerves slowed.

He started to hum.

He closed his eyes.

Then he began to sing.

His voice cracked, but it smoothed out a bit after the first verse. Chet poured himself into the song. He forced the cavern and the staring eyes out of his mind. He focused on the notes, on the sound, on the song.

He was singing for his mama, for his sisters, for his papa and for his friends. He was going to put himself back together, one piece at a time.

“My soul is heavy, my body’s bruised

I ain’t got that much to lose

I’m weary of this world and this world is weary of me

“You gave me hope and you gave me life

You were my light amidst the strife

But good things don’t last and so you passed

“But you always said

“One piece at a time

Sometimes that’s all that a body can do

One piece at a time

All the small things, the little things

One piece at a time

You’ll get it all done by and by.

“Oh, so I’ve picked up my pieces one by one

I’ve started making my way back home

“One piece at a time

Maybe it’s all that I can do

Just one piece at a time

I gotta see this through

One piece at a time

I promise you, I’ll get it done

One piece at a time, yeah, just one piece, one piece at a time.”

The words reverberated in his mind, flooding him with pictures. Pictures of a little house with a pot of soup on the stove. Two little girls in yellow dresses playing with a fox. A woman picking a banjo, singing in a voice like sugar with a man who played the mouth organ.

He was silent for a long, long while. At last, the pictures dimmed.

When he opened his eyes, he saw jungle trees. He saw, in the light of the lavender moon, a dead fire, and he saw his friends.

Yes, his friends.

And he didn’t even feel the wetness on his cheeks.

I light the arrow, pull the bow,
    Shoot that fire right through my soul.

Brooke
    @wingiby-iggiby

@denali-christianson

Nay, thou art not! For I feelest as thou feel when it doth come to the compooters. 😂😂😂😂

Okay, I’m tired. Canst thou tell? XD

Thou art extremely similar to I whenst I feel weary, thou speekest such as I!

“Just like your uncle Bilbo!”

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future!”

LOL!!! “One does not simply run out of LotR quotes!”

Ah, good one! XD “Where there’s life there’s hope, and need of more quotes.”

😮 good idea good idea!!! Quick, eat the rest of the ice cream! There’s a dirt patch over here…

Oh, good thing this is soft soil! Xd

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 This is what happens when you get two Lord of the Rings mega-fans together and let them be weird. Little late for a warning, but… You have been warned!

“It is indeed a [couple of LotR fans goofing off].”

AND 100 PAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (maybe that’s about 100 exclamation marks?)

@rose-colored-fancy

I understand not a word of this conversation, it’s impressive XD

*bows* thank you!

It often takes a while of writing them to figure it out, I usually don’t find it until halfway through the book and then I have to fix it on the second draft. I’m still messing around with Aydin’s, if I don’t make it interesting enough I’ll get bored writing it XD

Yes! Same!!

Chet’s reaction was really cute actually! I think they’re going to get along well, (mostly… XD There are some things about Chet that are going to rub Aydin the wrong way…)

Aw, thanks! Y’know how you have that character who’s your baby? Well, Chet’s my baby XD And I looked ahead — poor, poor Aydin!

I actually discovered something really interesting about Aydin that last post. I should have noticed it earlier, it’s happened before in canon. Aydin gets extremely attached to animals really quickly.

I think it’s because he craves loving something so much and he won’t let himself get that close to any person because it feels too unsafe.

Don’t you love it when you uncover something new about your character?!?! We call them characters, but aren’t they more like people? XD

Oh, goodness, that got so sad so fast. I actually didn’t even name his camel before that post, it was just vaguely referred to, I never considered how much it must have hurt him when he lost her.

Somehow I think his backstory can’t get any sadder and then it does!!😭

Oh no! *hands you a tissue* I fall into this boat all the time, and then I sink the boat with tears. I feel ya!

(Brooke, serious question… is it an insect? XD)

XD No, he isn’t 😛 I actually thought about that, but nope! He’s just got six legs (that sounds really weird . . . ). But the legs serve a purpose! To add to a camel’s already super durability, if one or two legs (depending on which ones) are broken, or need to be amputated, the camcal can still function pretty well.

@mamaauthoress

HELLO!! This is Wingiby here, and WELCOME! Your character sounds epic, and I love your description of his hair (it just really stuck with me)!

@everybody

Y’all, I am SO sorry, but I’ve got to leave! *wails into pillow* I keep coming back on, and I keep having to leave again, and I literally just got done saying hello! I didn’t realize all that was on my calendar for the month of December, and I don’t want to hold y’all up. So, I exited Chet Gabe (he basically just disappears lol). Anyway, I really enjoyed this brief stay and getting to know y’all (and you’re characters)! Until next time,

Wingiby Iggiby

I light the arrow, pull the bow,
    Shoot that fire right through my soul.

Rusted Knight
    @rusted-knight

“YULENNA! MOTHER!”

Klein snapped awake. Gripping his rifle, he jerked his head around. Niarok was near yet another newcomer. He was bleeding bad from a slash in his leg. Nearby was a six legged camel? Its apparent handler was calming it. Everyone else wasn’t acting like something was too dreadfully wrong. Sitting up, Klein rubbed the back of his head. His helmet really wasn’t a good pillow. Too round and hard. But he had been able to catch about an hour of sleep. He’d be able to operate for a bit. The camel rider pulled a banjo out of his saddle bag and began to sing. It was slow, full of passion. A passion that moved the singer as much as the audience.

Klein never knew his mother. Or his father. He had been abandoned outside a church orphanage. His parents had been the padre and sisters. The other orphans had been his siblings. It wasn’t the common family but it had worked for him. He stayed on the strait and narrow where others fell off the path.

Then the Berge Stahl fell. The cargo vessel was on its way back from Mars, loaded up with heavy metals. The jihads that captured it knew what they were doing. At 2,600 feet, they detonated the ship, blasting Huntsville with a few thousand tons of death. The target was clear. The Space Command Center was hit multiple times. Klein helped on Ground Zero during those few opening hours. In the days that followed, his path became clear and he enlisted in the Marine Corps. And now, nine years later, he still wondered. Why? Why had he been abandoned? What would his life have been like if his mother had kept him? Would he still have enlisted?

As the song ended, Klein nodded. A broken man fixing himself. Or was it a man building himself. The perspective of one who didn’t know for himself.

“That one ’bout your mom?” Asked Klein.

@wingiby-iggiby

The Devil saw me with my head down and got excited. Then I said Amen

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

NOOOOO @wingiby-iggiby DON’T LEAVE MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but but but we just got reacquainted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“I wish it need not have happened in my time.”

Okayyyy mellon I will desperately await your next appearance, and in the meantime, “may the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and moon walks.”

I know, I know, it was actually an eagle blessing, not an elvish blessing, but who cares. it sounds cool! XD

Laura K. Abeid
    @mamaauthoress

(Whoa, sorry, I’m kind of lost — it’s a lot to read through. Could I please have a summary, if you do that here? 😅)

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@denali-christianson

Okay people. Halt everything.

WE MADE IT TO 100 PAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOO HOOOOO

YAYYY!!! WE DID IT!!! I think that’s one of the first topics to hit 100 pages…

I know right??? I love him tooooooo I’m also loving his chemistry with Ayden. So amazing…

Their chemistry is awesome I love it!!

I’m this close to dragging Liorah in just to give him a break. Her mom-friend skills would come in handy. *Thinks that through* Actually that’s an absolutely horrible idea. She’s more trouble than she solves.

(For everyone who doesn’t know Liorah, her personality can be summarized by “Untitled goose game” memes. Mostly “If I cannot find trouble, I will create it”, “Peace was never an option,” and “It’s a beautiful day in the Castle and you are a horrible princess.” XD)

The only way how it could help anyone is she would start bossing everyone around and if someone gets too annoying she may punch them. Aydin would basically spend all his time trying to manage her temper XD He’s like 90% of her impulse control XD That’s a bad idea, I’m not doing that yet.

I’m gonna have to come up with something else.

@irishcelticredflowercrown

I can’t do that to Lorcan again, he just started recovering XD

@wingiby-iggiby

I loved Chet’s reaction and that song was too pretty!! Did you write it?

Chet stared at him as if he had just suggested filling Maverick’s boots with scorpions again.

AGAIN?? What do you mean again?? XD That’s hilarious!

Aww, I wish I could tell Chet it wasn’t his fault…

Y’all, I am SO sorry, but I’ve got to leave! *wails into pillow* I keep coming back on, and I keep having to leave again, and I literally just got done saying hello! I didn’t realize all that was on my calendar for the month of December, and I don’t want to hold y’all up. So, I exited Chet Gabe (he basically just disappears lol). Anyway, I really enjoyed this brief stay and getting to know y’all (and you’re characters)!

Aww, bye Brooke! It was awesome having you back for a while but I already miss you! 😭😭

@everyone

I think we need to let up just the tiniest bit. XD We have no less than four characters panicking in a variety of ways, all the others are severely uncomfortable, one is wounded, and Aydin is going to get hypothermia if we don’t get things back to a reasonable temperature soon XD

We can have some more slow character development, just to get stuff relatively bearable again before we execute THE EVIL PLAN!!! *Evil writer laughter* (I’m looking forward to that, can’t you tell? XD)

Oh, Laura, we’ve earlier decided that the castle accelerates healing, just to eliminate that pesky problem of liking to injure your characters but not wanting to wait weeks for them to heal.

And you don’t know about The Evil Plan yet, so here goes. It’s a test to try out the characters’ moral compasses.

To quote my own evil, evil self:

So, I suggest! What if the Castle forces them to injure one of the others or else… something happens. Idk, we don’t need to have it come to that even if they refuse, but it needs to be a threat sufficient to make them seriously consider it.

I know. It’s terrible. I live for drama XD Don’t worry, that won’t happen for a while yet, we just want it to happen sometime in future.

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@mamaauthoress

(Whoa, sorry, I’m kind of lost — it’s a lot to read through. Could I please have a summary, if you do that here?  )

Okay, so, after your last post, Brooke caught up her character, then pulled him out. That’s basically it. XD Most of what Brooke wrote was what happened before you arrived.

Klein reacted to what Chet did, but now Chet’s gone.

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,486 through 1,500 (of 1,827 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Resonant Themes Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest