Fantasy Writers

Character Castle 2.0

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 362 total)
  • Author
    Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

YAY!!! MISCHEIVOUS THWAPLING WE’VE MISSED YOU!!!
      (but you have to go too, don’t you:()
      Love your post!!!

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Rusted Knight
      @rusted-knight

Allen saw the axe girl rise. She was awake. That was good. The couch kid was out from under the books too and babbled on. What drove him to such sporadic mindlessness? Was it his play at being a fool TO fool them? Allen shrugged.

The relative silence was broken by the clang of metal on stone. The axe girl was trying to bash her way through the wall! What was that about. Allen flew over quickly. While he did want a rematch with that mage, getting hit again before he had a plan would not do.

“I see the shield spell didn’t work.” said Allen.

The girl turned on him with the axe.

“Easy with that. You might kill me.”

“Who are you?”

“Allen Zeiss. A cadet in the American Fey Army.” replied Allen with a bow.

“Back off.”

She continued to wave the axe at him.

“Now, now. You took quite a shock back there. You still might be feeling the effects of what ever you were shot with.”

Allen noticed the wall now.

“Um. Wasn’t the wall a little farther away than this before?”

He touched it. It was moving. He could feel the magic too. Where was Gridley when you needed him.

The Devil saw me with my head down and got excited. Then I said Amen

Rusted Knight
        @rusted-knight

@mischievous-thwapling

I hope I got Colma right. I took a guess and went with it.

Mischievous Thwapling
          @mischievous-thwapling

@this-is-not-an-alien

To answer your question: I guess Colma has the maroon colored book she just stole in her pocket. But, just so you know, if Colma catches Ehud stealing from her, she will probably slam him against the wall and threaten to punch him so hard he flies through the wall, XD. So.. he, he.

And THANK YOU!! I  really  missed being here! I don’t think I’lll have to go again, I’ll just be busy, but I’ll still be able to post some. 😀

And thanks! I LOVED your post!

@rusted-knight

I always love reading your posts! They’re so enjoyable!

And yes, you got Colma perfectly right! Never feel hesitant to like make Colma say/do something to keep the story going 😉

No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader ~RF

Cathy
            @this-is-not-an-alien

“Ok, I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say maybe this weird castle thingy is trying to kill us!” Ehud shoved a bookshelf onto the floor and tried to push it between the two walls as a semi-block…sorta. He looked up at Miss Murder and Super Villain both of whom seemed more prepared for an armed assault, although Super Villain might or might not have anything up his sleeve. “HEY!!! We have to get outta this alive don’t we!?!”
              “What are you even trying to do?!” Miss Murder bit out
              “I have no idea,” He returned a-matter-of-factly “but it’s my favorite strategy and I’m still alive.”
              “What’s causing it to cave in?! Is there some sorta mechanism or-Who’s banging?” He tested the strength of the wall with a good kick (which really hurt through his tattered sneakers) then he propelled himself up the wall off a couple book shelves.
              “It’s been-!” his words were punctuated with strained gasps “Four-! Months!!! Since I’ve been-! Medicated!”
              Reaching the roof wasn’t of much avail right now; there was only mold and…yeah, just mold. He cursed in ice cream flavors (“You blasted green Neapolitan fugue swirl may all your Oreo’s be bug poop and your sprinkles be…dyed…bug poop! Etc, etc”) .
              “Actually it might be almost a year now…or–Does anybody have any brilliant ideas?!” Ehud froze, clinging to the wall desperately “I cannot get down.”

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Wingiby Iggiby
              @wingiby-iggiby

Gonna try ta get mine typed out soon! BTW, do y’all have an idea for how they’ll get out of this alive? I think I might have one, but I wanted to see what better ideas you guys have first. 😉

I know you got mountains to climb,
                But always stay humble and kind -- Tim McGraw

Mischievous Thwapling
                @mischievous-thwapling

@wingiby-iggiby

Ok! Sounds great!!

Um, I honestly have NO idea how they will escape…. I was kinda just following along and winging it…. Um, what’s your idea? (Unless you want to wait to say it till the others present their ideas 😉 )

No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader ~RF

Wingiby Iggiby
                  @wingiby-iggiby

@mischievous-thwapling

Well, my idea was that they could find in one of the books a slip of paper written by a former “visitor” on how to escape: sing a duet to calm the castle.

But if anybody has a better idea, I’m all for it 😉

I know you got mountains to climb,
                    But always stay humble and kind -- Tim McGraw

Cathy
                    @this-is-not-an-alien

Me? Ideas? I always have ideas, but if you mean plausible ideas then nope not a one 😉 I was kinda waiting for you to tap in.
                      I figure it’s a magic wall so there might no be any gears then again it’s fiction so there might be gears. So far we’ve written in bookshelves and books and–I’m assuming we all like books- and they’re magic books, so…I was going somewhere with this…Oh right! I was thinking on paper I actually have nothing to say.
                      I like the duet idea, that could be pretty awesome 🙂 …does anybody have a spare duet tho?

For several long seconds Ehud grappled on the shelf until it started to fall over. With a yelp he swung back and careened into Miss Gun-Happy-Murder. Just as the shelf thwunked an inch away from crushing him like a bug. He gave a chagrined, nervous laugh.
                      “I’m alive!”
                      “You won’t be soon if you don’t get off of me” She very nearly smacked him with her gun but he grabbed the barrel just in time.
                      “Ohmygosh, I’m so sorry, are you ok?!” Ehud toppled back and offered a hand which she ignored. “Are you hurt? I’m sorry!”
                      She shoved the barrel of the gun in his face and thrust him back.
                      “Get out of my way!” She snapped.
                      “Ok,” Ehud hastily backed up holding up his hands defensively through his jacket pocket. “Are you sure you’re ok? I’m sor-Uhhhh” He catches Mr Giant Villain busy fumbling over a book so Ehud bobbed over his shoulder (and ended up getting pushed out of the way). “Can I help?”

(also, i haven’t the slightest idea how to use tags, i’ve never used tags before so if i messed up this tag that’s why:)

Cathy
                      @this-is-not-an-alien

oh, i see no tag. oh well

Mischievous Thwapling
                        @mischievous-thwapling

@this-is-not-an-alien

Nice! Awesome post!! I can tell you how to do the tags: you put an @ then the name that’s grey and in italics under the person’s actual name.  Like how your name is Cathy, but your tag is @this-is-not-an-alien  If there are spaces, put whatever these are called between the spaces: –

Or, you can just copy and paste their tag, which is quicker.

I don’t know if this is what you meant, but if it isn’t, sorry!

Cathy
                          @this-is-not-an-alien

@mischievous-thwapling, thanks that’s it! i hope i did it right this time:) thanks again for telling me!

“Wait, what if we like blow up the roof or something?” Ehud said, fiddling with a half-opened pack of gun in his pocket while staring up at the ceiling unsteadily.
                            “I mean, I don’t know how exactly we’re gonna climb up and, I guess, maybe the walls are squishing us in up there too but, I mean, it’s…it’s worth a try, right?”

[This was Rusted Knight’s idea but he hasn’t posted it yet. See, my big brother has awesome ideas, that are actually plausible. He has plausible ideas that are awesomely simple and realistic. So, that’s his idea it’s not mine but it’s a great idea!:D]

Rusted Knight
                            @rusted-knight

Allen could feel the inner workings of the wall. It was complex, too complex for him. No way to stop them. He looked around. Plan A was out. What was Plan B? The walls are closing in. No windows or doors. The bookcases are not strong enough to halt the walls. The fountain is too small to be effective. The floor is cobblestone, no good. The ceiling it wood. Wood! Allen had Plan B.

Drawing his sword, he concentrated. The sword blazed as the spell took effect. He was no good at projectile spells but he didn’t need ’em. This would do. Flying to the ceiling, he began to hack and slash an outline. Even he lacked the raw power needed to bust the wood. He could weaken it so that it would break easier.

With a sufficiently sized outline cut, Allen dropped back down to head level. The axe girl was still trying to bust down a wall. Axes worked better than swords now.

“I got a way out but I need your help.”

“How?”

“If I can get you up to that spot, could you bust it open.” Said Allen as he pointed at his work.

Mischievous Thwapling
                              @mischievous-thwapling

Nice, guys!! You are such talented writers. So (tell me if I’m wrong) but the plan is for them to climb the walls up to the whole in the roof that Allen started and Colma is about to help finish, then escape, right? Do I get it? And they are going to climb by using the walls because the walls are so close? (does my question even make sense? I’m afraid I’m not explaining myself very well….)

@this-is-not-an-alien

You’re welcome 😀

Cathy
                                @this-is-not-an-alien

@mischievous-thwapling
                                  oh yes, i think Ehud’s gonna climb the book shelves again but he might end up using the walls too:) idk how Viking Dude’s gonna get up tho;)

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 362 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Sign up below to learn how to ace story structure.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Discover What Readers Secretly Want

We asked 300+ readers what elements rivet them to a story and which turn them off.

Enter your email to get the scoop!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You've Got Cliches in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a four-step process for ripping cliches out of your novels.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Authentic Characters Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

You can download the entire Evoking Reader Empathy series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to craft characters readers can actually relate to.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Pin It on Pinterest