fb

You've read that too!

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions You've read that too!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • Author

So… I don’t think I know like any of the quotes I’ve seen so far, but I’m willing to jump in! 😀

Here’s a quote from one of my absolute favourite books!

No one can teach riding so well as a horse.

This one is really far-fetched… I think I read it when I was like 11 but who knows? If someone gets it I’ll be really happy!

Whenever I see her, we laugh enough to last for the month. She’s my best friend, and someday when we’re old enough I’m going to talk her into staying here forever.

I was trying to think of a quote from another favourite book but haven’t found a suitable one just yet…

Happy guessing!

It's crazy how God made our hearts... They break easily but slowly heal back together, just like bones.

Zachary Holbrook
    @toklaham-veruzia

@anne_the_noob14 I’ve never read a book with prophecies that get sent to a spam folder, but the idea intrigues me! I’ll have to check back and see if anyone’s guessed it later so I can look it up.

おはいよう. 日本語は好きです .

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@sesi Is the first one a Horse and His Boy

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

@kayla-skywriter Yep!!! One of the best books ever!!!!! 😀

Ooooh! Here’s another;

Stories can save your life.

It's crazy how God made our hearts... They break easily but slowly heal back together, just like bones.

One more;

“Are you still wondering how such a sour old man can write such music?” Master Kenton asked wryly.

“No, sir. I’m wondering how anyone can”

This one’s a real stretch; maybe I’ll add another that’s more key to the actual story later.

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@sesi

A Murder For Her Majesty!! I loved that book so much!

Hey, this is the first one I’ve gotten so far, lol. 😝

Courage, dear heart ~ Aslan

@bama-rose I know!!!! BEST BOOK EVER! I just fell in love with that one!!!

Okay, one more (can you guys tell I just love this?);

‘What is a git anyway?’ 

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@sesi

Me too! It was so awesome!! Actually, I read through it and then was so obsessed that I went back and started reading it all over to my brothers, haha. 🤣

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Alabama Rose.

Courage, dear heart ~ Aslan

Zachary Holbrook
    @toklaham-veruzia

@sesi

Whenever I see her, we laugh enough to last for the month. She’s my best friend, and someday when we’re old enough I’m going to talk her into staying here forever.

This is from Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin. I just finished reading that book.

おはいよう. 日本語は好きです .

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@toklaham-veruzia *grins* They actually don’t. One character writes haikus a LOT and he puts one at the beginning of each chapter. They’re usually really funny, and have at least SOMEthing to do with what’s in the chapter. So that particular chapter has to do with a prophecy, and someone made the comment to “check the spam folder”. If I’m remembering correctly. But it’s a REALLY good series.

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@sesi OOOO I feel like I know that one!!! “stories can save your life.”

AAAAAH GEEZE WHAT IS IT FROM you know what? I’ll remember the name randomly next week when I’m taking a shower or something XD

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

What an awesome idea! I’ve got one:

“What, did you think,” she asked, laughing as he struggled up the bank, “that I, a Gaulish maiden, could not swim?”
    “I did not think anything about it,” ( name ) said; “I saw you pushed in and followed without thinking at all.”
    Although they imperfectly understood each other’s words the meaning was clear; the girl put her hand on his shoulder and looked frankly up in his face.
    “I thank you,” she said, “just the same as if you had saved my life. You meant to do so, and it was very good of you, a great chief of this army, to hazard your life for a Gaulish maiden. Clotilde will never forget.”

And another one! 😀

“She was fire and life. She was awe and starlight.”

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

😁 Hee hee. . .

This quote isn’t perfect (because I already returned the book), but I figure the general idea is enough. Expecting someone will recognize it (*stares at a few specific people*):

“Are there bears in these mountains?”

“Yes, but it’s a little early for them. Why?”

“Just a vague hope, really. There was a chance they’d hear you crashing around and think you were a bear.”

He smiled coldly. “You’re a very funny man. I’d like to brain you with my axe one of these days.”

“If you could manage to do it quietly, I’d almost welcome it.”

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

(Also I know this is pretty late but @rosequeen I recognized the Winnie the Pooh one! XD I love those; there’s so much dry humor you miss as a little kid)

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@naiya-dyani It’s from Ranger’s Apprentice!! Number 3 or 4, I think.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • The forum ‘General Writing Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest