You've read that too!

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions You've read that too!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    JennytheFaun
    @jennythefaun

@kayla-skywriter your second to last one is Henry and the Chalk Dragon, right?

Man gets used to everything, the scoundrel!

Life is a mess and a miracle. So pick up a broom and dance.

On the day the world ended, the fate of humanity rested in a small metal box. (From the movie version of a book series)

Even the quotes here that I don’t recognize are fun as good quotes, lol!

"...by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there."

E. Grace
    @emgc

Ooh this looks fun.

@jennythefaun I think your first one is from Crime and Punishment?

Okay I’ve got a couple…

“I want to do something splendid…something heroic or wonderful that won’t be forgotten after I’m dead.  I don’t know what, but I’m on the watch for it and mean to astonish you all someday.”

and

“And please don’t call me that.”

“I didn’t call you ‘that’, I called you George Washington.”

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@jennythefaun

Yes, it is.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

JennytheFaun
    @jennythefaun

@emgc Precisely so!

Is your first one by Louisa May Alcott? I want to say it’s from Little Women but it could be from something else she wrote too…

Quinn O’Fallon
    @quinn-ofallon

@jennythefaun The last one is City of Ember, right? I liked that movie. 🙂

Zachary Holbrook
    @toklaham-veruzia

@jennythefaun The second one is from The Rise and Fall of Mount Majestic

@emgc And your second is from The Mysterious Benedict Society (The first book in that series is the best)

おはいよう. 日本語は好きです .

JennytheFaun
    @jennythefaun

@quinn-ofallon @toklaham-veruzia Indeed! (I like the City of Ember movie too. It’s one of the few book-to-movie adaptations I heartily approve of.)

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

Oh, it was the Rise and Fall of Mount Majestic. Shoot, I read that book.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

E. Grace
    @emgc

@jennythefaun Yep! It is Little Women.  (By far my favorite work of hers. 🙂 )

@toklaham-veruzia Yep, it’s my favorite as well! (I had a really hard time deciding what quote to use… there’s far too many good ones…)

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Zachary Holbrook
    @toklaham-veruzia

Two more: (both from the same series)

“I will never forgive that suit of armor!”

“To change the world, you must first change yourself.”

おはいよう. 日本語は好きです .

Zachary Holbrook
    @toklaham-veruzia

Here are some more (all from the same series):

“You should have been more than a great man; you should have been a good man”

“What do you call it when you realize you’ve been an ******* your whole life?”

“A good start?”

(on the question of why God allows evil):

She nodded. “So what’s the answer?”

“The answer’s simple for the mind, but impossible for the heart. And the question, honestly asked, always comes from a wound.” He said no more.

She waited, then understood. “So you’re not going to tell me.”

“Not when you’re hurting and angry. You’ll reject the answer, and then later you’ll think of it as an answer you already found lacking and perhaps you’ll neglect to consider it again. Having found a door’s handle bristling with needles, you’ll tell yourself it’s probably locked anyway. When you come to the big questions, before you can get a true answer, you need to know whether you’re approaching them rationally or emotionally.”

‘overload your opponent with too many things to think about, and then drop a bomb with a burning fuse in his lap and see what he did.’

おはいよう. 日本語は好きです .

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

Hey guys, sounds so fun!

He moaned “my arms, my arms!”; but Dori groaned “my poor legs, my poor legs!”

“I’m ninety-nine-point-nine percent sure that I’m dying.” Keefe croaked.

“Well, try to remember it, George. Don’t forget and tell me it’s Elexander before you go, and then get out by saying it’s George Elexander when I catch you. And don’t go about women in that old calico. You do a girl tolerable poor, but you might fool men, maybe.” 

The Black Avenger stood still with folded arms, “looking his last” upon the scene of his former joys and his later sufferings, and wishing “she” could see him, now abroad on the wild sea, facing peril and death with dauntless heart, going to his doom with a grim smile on his lips.

There we go, knock yourselves out. I hope at least one person knows the third one.

"Dreams rarely come true, what we pursue is just a dream, unless we take action and make it a reality."

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

@urwen-starial

The first one is from the Hobbit, and the second is from Keeper of the Lost Cities, right?

Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Urwen Starial
      @urwen-starial

@kari-karast, yep!

"Dreams rarely come true, what we pursue is just a dream, unless we take action and make it a reality."

Livi Ryddle
        @anne_the_noob14

Eyy this looks awesome!

Let me see how many quotes I can remember from books without going and finding the books…

“Will he make me bathe?”

“No, he will debate the matter with you until you decide to wash.”

And this one from the same book:

“It is like the old fairy tale. The boy saves the princess; they fall in love. He invents a flying machine—along with his dashing teacher, of course. They get married and name their firstborn after the aforementioned dashing teacher.”

Then there’s this:

“[name] isn’t a killer. He just wins—thoroughly.”

And these, from another book:

“If you ain’t scared… you ain’t human.”

“I promised him!” he screamed, realizing even as he did so that his voice was laced with something wrong. Almost insanity. “I promised I’d save him, take him home! I promised him!”

Last set:

“I apologize for my boyfriend.”
        [name] rolled his eyes. “Could you not―”
        “Would you prefer special guy?” [other name] asked. “Or significant other?”
        “Significant annoyance, in your case,” [first name] grumbled

“Check your spam folder
        The prophecies might be there
        No? Well, I’m stumped. Bye”

"..and when you get the chance.. to sit it out or dance.. I hope you dance.."

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest