fb

YouTube channel is back!!!

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions YouTube channel is back!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

Hey guys! I’m finally back to making YouTube videos! My topics revolve around the fantasy genre: medieval stuff, writing advice, digging into tropes, book reviews, etc.

Today, I launched a video ranking Brandon Sanderson’s Cosmere books! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLadu0Ywokc&feature=youtu.be

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

Some years ago, having read Mistborn and Way of Kings, I was excited to get the extended edition of Elantris for my birthday. I hit up a Cosmeric friend and told him I was loving the first couple chapters, seeing a neat inquisitor boy, proto-Shallan, and some very Dark Souls imagery and themes.

My friend said “The problem with Elantris is that it’s Elantris.”

And after the final few chapters, I’m sad to say I agreed. Brandon definitely grew as a writer over time. I was particularly impressed to see how much he grew between WoR and Oathbringer. Makes me wonder what happened in his life to prompt that. I’m wondering how much more improvement we’ll see in the next book, and I’m looking forward to seeing your thoughts on it when it drops.

And I’m ashamed to say I’ve still not read Mistborn era 2. I loved the original so much I was irrationally scared reading more in the same local universe would ruin the old story for me. Gotta get over that at some point =P

Thanks for bringing all this to the forefront of my mind, Daeus. Glad to see you making videos again.

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

Mistborn 2 doesn’t ruin anything (’cause he’s dead, 😆😆😆). Okay, bad joke. It’s just only half as epic as mistborn 1, imho. No reversals of past victories, nothing that makes mistborn 1 less special.

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest