fb

Your Friendly Adopted Sister-Elf Time Traveler Has Arrived!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Your Friendly Adopted Sister-Elf Time Traveler Has Arrived!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

What-what?

(That’s my intro, cause it’s random, and so I am, hi)

My name is Anne of Lothlorien, the Secret Lady of London.

*sweeping bow*

Legolas Greenleaf’s adopted sister, assistant to Sherlock Holmes, the Scarlet Pimpernel, Jason Whittacker and others.

I love Jesus, books, chocolate, flip-flops, roller coasters, green things, books, ice cream, friends, books, swimming, books, singing, books, and dabbling in hat making.

I am an extrovert who doesn’t like strangers, (imagine that!) but will talk you ear off when I know you, and enjoy myself most in a group of friends as opposed to solitude.

I am working on a historical fiction called Fourth Rule, (when the U.S was about to win WWII an unknown army came and took over, setting up the Fourth Rule, oppressing American history and memory, etc.)

I am also very random, as mentioned before, my thought process is scattered, (at best), I also like camping, and minor calamities are as much a part of my life as breathing.

So… here I am!

Hi!

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@anne-of-lothlorien Allow me to be the first person to welcome you to Story Embers!

You’re an extrovert who doesn’t like strangers? Fancy that! 😋 I’m an introvert who loves people on some days, and prefers to hide in a hole on others. My personality type fluctuates between INFJ and INTJ, so I’m basically a paradox. 😉

What is one of your favorite books?

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

Welcome welcome!!

I myself am very introverted, but can also be random. We’ll be random together.

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Allison Grace
    @allison-grace

Hi! If you looked up random in the dictionary, my face would be there. XD

"I cannot live without books." -Thomas Jefferson

DragonGeek
    @dragongeek

Welcome! Nice to meet you. Do you think I can borrow your time machine sometime? Mine broke down in the 17th century and I had to walk home to get spare parts. I forgot that I can’t walk back

Fandoms: Narnia, LotR, Harry Potter, Marvel, MLP, Ranger's Apprentice, probably everything else

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@anne-of-lothlorien Wow. Those are some impressive relatives/acquaintances.

Fourth Rule sounds epic. Not that I wish it happened or anything, but it does sound like a great read

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
    Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
    I would have saved you one!

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@anne-of-lothlorien Greetings, stranger! 😜 Aberdeen is super-duper excited you’re here!

Aberdeen has a question for you: he wants to know if you were a dinosaur, what species would you be? 🦖🦕😋

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

cowlick
    @cowlick

Aaaanne hi <3

well we like a lot of the same things but I…. can’t say I speak for hatmaking. That sounds like an interesting hobby that I didn’t really know existed.

haha good thing I have the advantage of not being a stranger…. -whooshes off-

toodle-oop

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@briannastorm –  One of my favorite books is… I’m sorry, but I really can’t list only one.

1. The Warden and the Wolf King – Andrew Peterson

2. Left to Die – Ivy Rose

3. Uncharted – (unpublished) – Kate Flournoy

There. I shall restrain myself at three.

@dragongeek
    Well… I’m very careful about lending it out. My apprentice, Edmon, borrowed it once and had to borrow someone else’s time machine to get it back… in seventeen pieces. I’ll consider it. 🙂

@sam-kowal
      *grins* I’m very excited, because I’ve almost finished the second draft, which means it’s almost ready for beta readers. I’ll probably give a call-out here when it is, if you’re interested. If. I know writer’s schedules are sooo full.

@mariposa
    – I would definitely be a Dracorex. They’re awesome, and just happen to be the most dragon-like one.

@cowlick
    – Well, I just got into it myself. It is rather hard, especially since for some reason I like doing all the sewing by hand. Currently I’m planning a top-hat with a red velvet band, two feathers, and a gold brooch.

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@anne-of-lothlorien 😀 Nice. I’m pretty busy, but I may be able to find time for something like that.

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
    Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
    I would have saved you one!

SleepwalkingMK
    @sleepwalkingmk

@anne-of-lothlorien Hello! I don’t know if you remember me, but I was on KP a while back!

I am an extrovert who doesn’t like strangers, (imagine that!) but will talk you ear off when I know you, and enjoy myself most in a group of friends as opposed to solitude.

That describes me to a t. It’s wonderful to have another ENFP on here 😀

ENFP, hobbit, MK. May wave pom poms, fangirl, and evaporate into a cloud while reading.

DragonGeek
    @dragongeek

@anne-of-lothlorien I would promise to be careful with it, but I don’t have much precedent for that, since I keep leaving mine in the 17th century…

Fandoms: Narnia, LotR, Harry Potter, Marvel, MLP, Ranger's Apprentice, probably everything else

Sarah Narnathron
    @sarah-narnathron

Allo, Anne! Nice to meet you!

Your novel sounds pretty cool; I’m curious to hear more about it sometime. Also: hat-making? Please tell me more! What kind of hats? How do you make them? If you don’t mind my asking, that is.

Welcome to the masquerade.

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@sleepwalkingmk Yeah, I think I do remember you. It’s so hard to, though. The introductions page here has doubled since I’ve been on, and having internet for two hours every week makes it hard to keep up! *hugs you cause I know an ENFP won’t mind*

Sorry, @dragongeek, but I’ll have to refuse. Maybe, if Edmon can find the blueprints he lost in Asia, then I can build you a duplicate to have.

@sarah-narnathron
    So, my first hat was a doll’s hat. Cardboard covered in cloth for the band and triangles sewn together for form a skull cap, then sewn to the inside of the band. The most simple one. Currently, I’m working on a newsboy cap. The problem is, cardboard is the only available stiffener I have for the band and brim, so I can’t get it wet. Then trapazoidish shapes are sewn together for the poofy top, and then a stiffened arboard brim covered in cloth. And a button on top. My grandest project in the works is a top hat. You make one by using a stiff material to begin with, say… buckram, which is a coarse linen they use in bookbinding. But you use a stiff material so it doesn’t need a frame covered in cloth. Unfortunately, it’s more expensive, so I can’t afford it just yet.

Sarah Narnathron
    @sarah-narnathron

@Anne-of-Lothlorien: Sounds interesting. Also slightly complicated, but yeah.

Welcome to the masquerade.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest