fb

You see, I'm new here, and I don't have a clue who you are.

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself You see, I'm new here, and I don't have a clue who you are.

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Tinuviel
    @tinuviel

@banana-peacock-warrior good question! The short answer is that I am still looking for the answer myself. Magic can be problematic from a religious point of view, I guess. It is an extremely touchy subject, since the Bible condemns “magic” as wrong, and there are some kinds of fantasy magic which is seriously disturbing and downright shady.

I kind of take Tolkien’s view: there are people with special abilities; things WE would call magic, but in their world, they are normal and it isn’t like they are actually tapping into some spiritual force. So I guess I don’t even have a huge problem writing magic, it is just in this setting (that is so close to our world) it feels a bit odd.

Did any of that make any sense at all? You can tell it is still something I am working through 🙂

Laura Waldorf. Christian, writer, dreamer, sub-creator of beauty.

August Grace
    @august-grace

@tinuviel

Wow, I would totally be driven into the ground if I forced myself not to write anything new for two years!

Just a (rather dumb) question. I saw ‘Laura Waldorf’ in your forum profile. Is that your social media name… if I may ask?

Aussie contortionist, acrobat, photographer, filmmaker, runner, musician and health fanatic.

Tinuviel
    @tinuviel

@august-grace Oh, it wasn’t a matter of forcing myself. It was just that there were some major things going on in my life, (and looking back, I see I was facing some spiritual challenges as well), and I simply had no inspiration for that long!! DEFINITELY not an experience I’d like to repeat.

Laura Waldorf is my real name. Tinuviel is the name I always wish I had been given, and I usually hang out on writing forums under it! I don’t do MUCH with social media, but where I have joined, I use my real name.

Laura Waldorf. Christian, writer, dreamer, sub-creator of beauty.

Kenzie Pimpo
    @banana-peacock-warrior

@tinuviel: Yeah, that makes sense about the magic thing. Now that I think about it I guess I do share that odd feeling when it’s magic in, like, the real world. I agree in that I TOTALLY try to stay away from the ‘tapping into spiritual forces’ type stuff when I’m thinking up ideas unless it’s allegorical and I need it to represent something good. I don’t know… but I do understand what you’re saying. 😉

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
    ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

August Grace
    @august-grace

@tinuviel

Oh yes, that makes sense now. 🙂

Aussie contortionist, acrobat, photographer, filmmaker, runner, musician and health fanatic.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest