Writing Prompt Designs

Forums Art Art Critique Writing Prompt Designs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

‘Ello!

I need the opinions of some artists.

You see, I’m launching a website completely dedicated to writing prompts. So, I need shareable graphics for my prompts. I’m wondering if a few of you would be willing to take a gander at my drafts and give me a little feedback. 🙂 I’ve been working on them for so long I’m starting to hate them, so I thought another set of eyes would be nice. 🙂

Here’s the basic templet I might use for my Pinterest graphics. The pink parts are going to be different colors depending on the prompt. Should I do white on black or black on white? Which font do you like the best? Does it seem visually appealing or should I try some other design?

Note: These are just drafts, so some of the alignment might be a tad off. Ignore it, if you can. I’ll fix it later.

Those are some of the different fonts I might use. I also need to create a cover for a little book of writing prompts I’m going to use for my free lead magnet. What do you think of it?

The inside pages will look something like this:

Thanks guys!

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack
    Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

@mariposa (cuz I couldn’t get your tag to work up there)

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@mariposa I really like the white font on black, and I like both font types, but I’m leaning toward the second one. . I like how you’ve designed them; some prompts I see are complicated-looking and busy, and I prefer the simpler ones, like yours. In my opinion, they’re more powerful that way. And I really like how the book of prompts is formatted 🙂

When are you gonna launch the website? I love writing prompts. 😉

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

@jenwriter17 I like the second one as well. The larger X-height and the open letters make it easier to read. Thanks so much for your input! I was considering putting images behind them but was concerned they’d be too busy. It’s good to know people like simpler ones. 🙂

Weeeeell, I’m supposed to launch on Friday, but my website is not being nice to me and I’ve got a ton to do, so we’ll see how that works out :).

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@gabriellepollack I agree with Jen about the second font choice. 🙂👍🏻 The black ones would probably be the best choice because they’d stand out against Pinterest’s white backdrop.

One suggestion for the booklet—you might want to put a black mask over the picture to make the words pop more (or if you already have a mask over it, adjust the opacity) or choose a thicker font. I’m not sure how I like the blurred effect on the roof tile picture for the inside of the booklet; I prefer it to be sharp and clear like the booklet cover.

That’s exciting about your blog! 😃 Aberdeen can’t wait to gobble those prompts up. 🦖😉

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

Emily D
    @emily-d

@gabriellepollack  Hey Gabrielle!  I vote the black background, second font 🙂  And, yeah, I really the booklet…I’ll look forward to it!!!  😉

Parimi Alcan. Writer, reader, rider and rebelutionary.

@gabriellepollack What everyone else is saying. 😛

Spreading God's love until I can see seven billion smiles. 🙂 https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog

@Gabriellepollack these look fantastic! I definitely prefer the black with white letters, but I think the first font is actually my favorite. It’s a longer, narrower letterform that clicks with the long, narrow shape of the graphic.

I’d second @mariposa about the black mask for the booklet cover, though I’m conflicted on the blurred inside page. Crisp is usually good, but with those small words on it they’d probably be drowned out. :/

The prompts are awesome. XD Let me know when you have this set up!

INFP-A. If you can't be brilliant, odd will do.

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@gabriellepollack I know how that is; I’d wanted to get my website up a couple weeks ago, but Life had other plans. 😉 Looking forward to the launch!

www.jennaterese.com

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@gabriellepollack Those are hilarious prompts. XD

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

@mariposa I was wondering about that. Thanks for your input! I darkened the image a bit, but if it still needs some contrast I’ll have to adjust it a bit more. And I’ll see what I can do about the inside pages. Thank you again! 😀

@emily-d
    Thanks, Emily!

@kate
    Ah, true. I’ll have to play around with the interior it seems. Thanks so much for looking them over! And thanks. XD I’ll let ya know.

@emma-star Thank you 🙂 .

@evelyn
    XD Thanks. I have fun with them.

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

@emily-d @evelyn @emma-starr @Jenwriter17 @kate @mariposa My site is finally up and so is the book of prompts you guys helped me with. Here’s the link if you wanna see the site. 🙂  Again, thank you so much for all your help! 😀

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@gabriellepollack AH, it looks awesome! I love it! 😀

www.jennaterese.com

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

@jenwriter17 Thanks, dear! You guys helped me sooo much with the graphics! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest