fb

WRITING MARATHON TODAY! COME AND JOIN ME

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions WRITING MARATHON TODAY! COME AND JOIN ME

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@katthewriter chapters don’t always like going as planned.  They seem to have minds of their own!  And different chapter lengths are totally ok!  I’ve read a book before where one chapter was literally one or two paragraphs.

YAY CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!!!!!

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." -Gerard Way

Katthewriter
    @katthewriter

YAYY I FINSHED THE CHAPTER

1,287 words!!

Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@katthewriter

YAAAAY!!!!!  GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!  -claps loudly-

I wrote just a little less than you!  1,258!  I finished a chapter I had previously started and got the next one going.  I shall post snippets as soon as I manage to decide where to take them from.  XD

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." -Gerard Way

Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

First snippet!

“People of Elysium City,” he began.  “Gather round, gather round. I, Alex Carlyle, have an important announcement.  It has come to our attention that not all of you are perfectly happy. Most of you are, but not all.  Some of you are not practicing your Orations and are living in sadness under these lovely gray skies.”

Rainbow scoffed.  Lovely? The constantly overcast sky that seemed to be trying to crush the world?  Surely he must be talking about a different sky somewhere else. But maybe he was just odd.  It happens sometimes. Wait, was he looking at her, though? She was blending in perfectly.

“You, especially,” he continued.  “You are quite unhappy, are you not?  You must practice your Orations, my dear.  They may seem strange but they work wonders.”

Rainbow’s eyes nearly popped out of her head.  She turned around quickly as soon as she saw the guards advancing on her.  She climbed on top of people and scrambled across their shoulders. They were all heavily drugged on the Orations still, so they didn’t seem to mind.  It was a fantastic strategy, but only for a time. One of the guards fired his gun, and it barely missed Rainbow’s left shoulder. As she dropped down to the ground to power-crawl through people’s legs, a man fell down in front of her, blood oozing out of a small hole in his head.

Rainbow squeaked and pushed around him, trying not to cry.  The guard had missed her but hit him, and didn’t seem to care, either.  Why would they care, though? They were the ones drugging the people in the first place.

Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

Second snippet!  Also the last snippet.  Unless y’all want more.  And yes, there is writing in between the two snippets.

Rainbow stumbled out of the crowd and pushed herself to her feet, looking around for a place to hide.  A man door leading into what looked like an abandoned auto body shop was half-open, making a gap just wide enough for her to slip through without making noise or moving anything.  She took her opportunity instantly, not caring if there were rats or spiders inside. They were much more tame than kitted-out guards. She ducked back into the darkness, and slipped behind a large covered object she found.

Sure enough, the guards broke through the crowd less than thirty seconds later, and Rainbow heard them tromp past without hesitation.  Rainbow relaxed and released a breath she didn’t realize she had been holding, causing a cloud of dust to rise up and assault her throat.  She stood up, trying not to cough too loudly, and felt around along the edges of the room. Pretty soon, Rainbow found another door which, judging by its location, led into the main part of the building.  She swung it open and was nearly blinded by the bright light that poured out from the next room.

Someone’s arms helped her in, and she felt the door close behind her.  She was then lowered into a chair, and the edge of the person’s hand rested on her forehead, acting as a visor against the light.  When she managed to squint her eyes open she saw a young boy, probably around her own age, smiling at her. He had pale green eyes and messy ginger hair, and a million freckles spattered all over his face.

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@tashah-claymore Wow, nice job!

@katthewriter
    Thanks for hosting this! And bringing chocolate cake. *promptly stuffs face*

I’d share some, but if any of you end up beta-reading (or reading it at all) someday, it would be a pretty big spoiler, so. . . 😛

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@naiya-dyani Thanks!

It’s totally ok that you won’t be sharing any snippets because of spoilers.  I don’t like getting spoilers!

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@tashah-claymore Thanks for tagging me! Looks like I missed it lol.

*hands everyone cookies*

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

Abigail Rebekah
    @abigail-rebekah

@tashah-claymore

Thanks for tagging me xD

It did look really cool, but I live in NZ so kinda different time zone lol.

Plus, I’d done a fair bit of writing the day before 😉

Your story snippets look really cool btw.

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@anne_the_noob14  You’re welcome!  Sorry you missed it!

-takes cookie happily-

Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@anne_the_noob14  You’re welcome!  Sorry you missed it!

-takes cookie happily-

@abigail-rebekah
     You’re welcome!  I’m glad you got a decent bit of writing done beforehand!

And thank you!  I think Greater Good (where the snippets were from) is going to be the first book I try and publish.  I’m hoping to get it done within the year.  At least the first draft of it.

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • The forum ‘General Writing Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest