WRITING MARATHON TODAY! COME AND JOIN ME

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions WRITING MARATHON TODAY! COME AND JOIN ME

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Katthewriter
    @katthewriter

Hey friends! As stated above i am doing a writing Marathon today.  I’ve been procrastinating too much on this story even though i know i cab write it.

So please join me at 2-3:30 Central time (I’m in TX). You are welcome to do short bits of it,  or use it for brainstorming. Its not a race,  is a challenge to push yourself where you know you’ve been lacking.

Just write. Write one word, then another. You’ll have a sentance, one paragraph. Take a deep breath.  You can do this.  Let the words be your voice, let them bleed out from your heart.

Don’t lock em in because they’re just not good enough now.  We get so afraid of ruining the story just by putting words on the page. But if their never there you can’t work on then to make them better. You can’t edit a blank page.

So writers with stories burning in them,  will you join me?  (Please tag your friends!)

@jane-maree
    @dakota @emberynus-the-dragonslayer @taylor-clogston @daeus-lamb @kari-karast @gabrielle-polluck @jessi-rae

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

This is a great idea!! I’ll probably try and join in for at least part of it.

@naiya-dyani
    @urwen-starial @mayacat @eden-anderson @evelyn @tashah-claymore

"You can dance with my henchman."

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@katthewriter This sounds great! I’ve got some homework to do and am writing right now, but I’ll see if I can pop in for a little bit! 😉

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Katthewriter
      @katthewriter

@kari-karast

Awesome!

@naiya-dyani

Yes!  Awesome! !! 😀

Katthewriter
      @katthewriter

MARATHON STARTING IN 55 MINUTES

Silver Shadow
      @tashah-claymore

That’s sounds awesome!  I’m happy to join!  I need to work on my stories, probably one in particular.

@emgc
      @abigail-rebekah @anne_the_noob14 @karthmin @w-o-holmes @dekreel

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." -Gerard Way

Katthewriter
      @katthewriter

@tashah-claymore

Great! The more the merrier!

Katthewriter
      @katthewriter

@bama-rose @dakota @tashah-claymore @naiya-dyani @kari-karast

6 minutes till it beguins!! This is where you get your water or coffee, or whatever you drink, and you stock up on chocolate and tissues, and get your notebooks, random pens and pencils, outlines, maybe some writing music, all those wonderful things you need to make writing that will make your readers die *coughs* i mean make your readers love you. XD

Naiya Dyani
      @naiya-dyani

@katthewriter Right! *quickly mixes readers’ tears into hot chocolate* All set! Hope Ann’s favorite flavoring is amazing, let me tell you.

I’ll probably be here for about half an hour. 😉

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Katthewriter
        @katthewriter

@naiya-dyani

XD

as long as it help you i’m happy 😀

Naiya Dyani
        @naiya-dyani

@katthewriter At least you are! 😀 My characters certainly aren’t at the moment. I’m on my second draft, and–

Tai: We already lived through this once! Why do it again?!

Me: To make it better.

Tai: You mean make it worse. You said yourself you’re trying to make [insert painful scene here] more “poignant.” Which means you’re trying to make us miserable.

Me: @kari-karast . . . Tai’s being a problem child. . .

Tai: I wouldn’t be if you weren’t a problem writer!

Katthewriter
          @katthewriter

@bama-rose @dakota @tashah-claymore @naiya-dyani @kari-karast

AND THUS THE MARATHON HATH BEGAN

IF YOU ARE THINKING YOU STILL CAN NOT WRITE REMEMBER:

“THE FIRST DRAFT IS JUST TELLING YOURSELF THE STORY”

“YOU CAN MAKE ANYTHING BY WRITING”

“START WRITING. NO MATTER WHAT. THE WATER DOES NOT FLOW TILL YOU TURN THE FAUCET ON”

Naiya Dyani
          @naiya-dyani

*buckles down* Tai, I’m going to ignore you now. It’s time to write this insane book.

Veraza Winterknight
            @kari-karast

@naiya-dyani Oh dear. *sends ninja just in case*

@katthewriter
            Alright! I’m rereading through some of my writing to help me remember where I’m going with the story, but then I’ll be writing. XP

"You can dance with my henchman."

Silver Shadow
            @tashah-claymore

@katthewriter I am also re-reading!  I don’t have a ton to re-read, though, so I should be writing very soon!  I just need to remember what Rainbow has been doing so I know what her next move will be.

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." -Gerard Way

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest