fb

Writing Conferences

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Writing Conferences

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Catwing
    @catwing

I’m going to Write2Ignite in September, just wondering are any you guys going to that?
    Also what are are some of the christian writing conferences that exist/you like/are good?

@jenwriter17
    @hope-ann @ethryndal @snapper @morreafirebird @gabriellepollack @mariposa @sarah-inkdragon @jessi-rae @epicaddie2 @rosiequill @theresa-play

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Hope Ann
    @hope-ann

I’m not attending it. But one amazing conference you’ve probably already heard of is Realm Makers. I went for the first time this year and plan on going next year again. It’s the place to be if you write fantasy or speculative fiction. Their Facebook group is pretty cool too.

Victory in the march. Hope in the destination.

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

@Catwing I fear I am not attending, but I second Hope on Realm Makers. πŸ™‚

I haven’t looked into or attended any conferences other than RM, but I asked Nadine Brandes about conferences, and she mentioned the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writer’s Conference, the SoCal Christian Writer’s Conference, and Mount Hermon Christian Writer’s Conference to me (She said Mount Hermon was a bit more professional than RM I think. Idk anything about the others). I have no idea if they’re as good as Realm Makers (again, I haven’t researched them), but they might be worth a google. πŸ™‚

Catwing
    @catwing

@hope-ann @gabriellepollack Oh, well.
    Thanks. I’ll look those up. πŸ™‚

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Jessi Rae
    @jessi-rae

HeyΒ @catwing! I’m afraid I’m not going, no, but I third Hope and second Gabby about Realm Makers! πŸ˜€ I finally got to attend RM for the first time this year, and it. was. AMAZING! I want to go again, but I don’t think I’ll be able to next year. *sobs* I don’t really know much about other conferences. Hope you enjoy Write2Ignite! πŸ™‚

"How did I escape? With difficulty. How did I plan this moment? With pleasure."

Catwing
    @catwing

@jessi-rae Too bad.
    I looked up @gabriellepollack ‘s links and I just realized that Write2Ignite is on the less expensive side… at Adults $120 and Teens $80 (for the early bird/current prices)… $369 ([or $299 if member for at least $40) Realm Makers), $350 ([plus $25 if off-campus]Blue Ridge), $1000([no housing]Mount Hermon)… I just realized that this conference is a good deal. o.0
    But I kinda want to go to Realm Makers after reading @jenwriter17 and @hope-ann ‘s posts about it. I have found the world of writing conferences. :*D

Sarah Baran
    @ethryndal

@Catwing Sadly, I’ve never been to a writing conference in my life, nor will I be going to any in the immediate future. (Though I’m determined that Realm Makers is happening one day, even if I have to walk there myself…) So no, I won’t be there, and I don’t really know of any, either.

I hope you have an awesome time, though!

INTJ ➸ https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

K.M. Small
    @morreafirebird

@catwing I’d fourth the Realm Makers recommendation πŸ˜› I’ve heard the ones Gabby mentioned are really good too. It all depends on what you’re looking for at a conference πŸ™‚

~ Khylie
    "Beauty will save the world." - Dostoevsky

Catwing
    @catwing

@ethryndal Eventually. (Write2Ignite is one of the less expensive ones. ;P )
    I hope so too.

@morreafirebird
    I’m hearing a pattern. πŸ˜›
    I suppose it does… Thanks.

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@catwing No, I won’t be going to that one. πŸ™

will you be going to Realm Makers 2019 though? I might be going to that one…

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

Catwing
    @catwing

@jenwriter17 I don’t know. I think I would like to (especially since I would meet people I know from here, there. And everyone seems to like it ), but it depends. We’ll see.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest