fb

Writing career and new friends

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Writing career and new friends

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi, my name is Kayla James. I’m new here.
    I am so excited to join Story Embers. I knew I would be challenged and uplifted.
    Well, for backstory, I have been blind since I was a baby. I’ve wanted to be a writer since I was seven.
    I dropped out of college to write. Crazy or what?
    So far, I have been published in a Kids’ devotional and guest posted on a blog. I will be published in a magazine.
    So, are there other career writers here?
    I am also interested in making friends.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@kjames0813 Hi! And welcome to Story Embers! My name is Evelyn, and Ohh! I want another friend!  🙂

What kinds of things do you like write?

Anonymous

I want to try and write some of everything. I tried writing a romance and some magazine stories.
    Sure, we can be friends. Yea:)

Princess Foo
    @princess-foo

@kjames0813 Hi! Welcome! I don’t know if there are any other career writers here. I write fantasy.

I bet being blind gives you a really unique perspective. How do you write description?

Btw, if you are replying to someone, it is helpful to tag them so they get a notification that you mentioned them. You can do this by @ then their username. It is normally under their profile picture. My tag is @princess-foo.

The cake is a lie. acaylor.com

Anonymous

I am not the best of description. I just do my best describing like sighted authors I’ve read.
    I want to try writing fantasy.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@kjames0813

Hey there! I (Wordsmith) am very happy to welcome you not only as myself, but also on behalf of my guild Rillumen. For it is said among us: “Anywhere a Lumenite stands, Rillumen is there.”

It is my pleasure to be not the first, nor second, but THIRD person to meet you. I am sometimes the Sometimes Full-Time Welcoming Committee… and right now I think I qualify. Some people can attest that I will by nature get dramatic at times, but hopefully that quirk is only delightful. On top of all that I carry many of the strange benefits that come along with any writer… which means crazy.

Oh yes! I’m a writer… that’s why I’m here. I usually write in the fields of superhero, or un-conventional sci-fi (un-conventional is my middle name), though I have been known to dip down into fantasy. Romance is one that I have not attempted, and am interested to know that you think of that realm.

I’m extroverted and live down in the southernest state of the US… though… *looks over both shoulders* *whispers* I honestly don’t get the big deal about Texas. Sure it’s safe, and we are blessed with great freedom… but… let’s just say I’m not the most patriotic Texan ever… it has failed to woo me.

I hope we get along. 🙂 Cheers!

P.S. Lemme know if you have any questions.

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Anonymous

@wordsmith
    You and I are going to be interesting friends.
    I forgot to sign up for a guild.
    So here’s a question for everyone.
    What is your daily word count or daily routine?
    I had one, but I need to make an easier, back to basics routine. I was thinking of starting with 500 words.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@kjames0813

Hahaha! Interesting friends eh? *is intrigued* Please… tell me more.

Oh, it’s not to late to sign up. You can fill out the application whenever.

Hmm… that’s a good question. Mostly I have a very loose schedule, but I like to get at least 500 words in per day. That doesn’t always happen, but I usually can. On that note, my favorite way to get 500 words is in mini word-wars. I like to have fifteen minute contests, which is enough time to get between five and six hundred words.

So any time you wanna have a short word-war, just shoot a note my way and I’ll see what I can do. Of late I’m only able to do it later on in the day, so usually after three or four in the evening. And were it not thanksgiving break, I would be unavailable every Tuesday and Thursday until after eight-thirty p.m. or later. Many days I’m totally free to write after nine p.m.

Anonymous

@wordsmith, I can just tell.
    Have you been published?
    I’m down for a word war.
    What do you do besides writing?

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@kjames0813 Welcome to SE!  Glad you are here!

How do you see what we have written if you’re blind?

What are some of your favorite books?  What genre do you like to read or write?  I write mostly historical fiction.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@kjames0813

Okay then! I’ll just have to take your word for it 😂

And no… I have not been published… unless you consider running a blog being published… ’cause I do that… but otherwise no. (Here’s my blog link of you wanna check it out TheBookShelfStaircase)

Okay! I can’t war right now… and am not sure if I’ll be able to do it today… but some day soon. Thanksgiving break has been more busy that I expected. I’ll get right back with you if I can.

Hmm… good question. I run a martial arts school… which means I do karate… I read… I have writing related activities… I do school (I’m still in highschool)… so yeah! All that keeps me pretty busy.

Are there things you enjoy doing, other than writing?

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Sure, we can be friends. Yea:)

Yay! Great! 🙂

You asked about word count per day… and honestly I’ve never really paid attention to that until now while I’m participating in something called “National Novel Writing Month,” where you try to write 50,000 words in only one month… it’s quite the experience. 😛

What kind of books do you like to read?

Anonymous

@wordsmith, I don’t do much else at the moment.
    I read a lot, listen to music, watch Tv, hang out with my little brother.
    Most of my friends are far away and swamped with school work. I am terribly introverted, but am trying to do better. I am not good at making friends so much.
    I am also looking for ways to fill up my days.

Anonymous

@ashira
    First of all, your name is gorgeous. I love it.
    Secondly, I have VoiceOver on my IPad.
    Lastly, I like several genres for reading material. As for writing, I want to try some of everything and be a diversified writer.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@kjames0813  Wow! Glad you are here! Where do you live? How old are you? I am @ariel ashira`s sister. Do you have any siblings? I am nearly 18 and live in N. Idaho. How did you find out about Story Embers?

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.