fb

Writing Buddy?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Writing Buddy?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @ladyjoy

Hi, everyone! I’m Joy – I was on this site a long time ago but then RL and major procrastination got in the way, so this is me beginning again πŸ™‚ I want to take my writing more seriously and I was wondering if maybe I could find a writing buddy/accountability partner? Just someone to chat with about ideas and help keep me grounded. It’s the first time I’ve ever done this so I’m really nervous :/

Ohana means family and family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@ladyjoy What genre(s) do you write? πŸ™‚

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Joy
    @ladyjoy

@r-m-archer

Medieval/high fantasy, dystopian

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@ladyjoy

Cool! I’d be willing to buddy with you, if you’d like. πŸ™‚

Joy
    @ladyjoy

@r-m-archer
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Sounds good!</p>
    I’m going to have to sign off now, but I’ll tell you more about my story idea tomorrow DV, if you like πŸ˜€

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@ladyjoy

Sounds good!

Joy
    @ladyjoy

@r-m-archer

My current story’s just in the building stage right now, but the idea goes kind of like this:

Two writers visit two different realms and promise fame and fortune to the people living there – as long as they allow the Writers total control over them. The people agree, but soon find themselves doing things they never thought they would do and their realm is turned upside down.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the two writers are caught in a car accident after leaving a conference. They are both seriously injured and their manuscripts are lost. Due to this, their hold over the realms and the people in them is lost, causing the realms to collide. Now the people of the realms must figure out how to repair the mistakes they’ve made and save their homes.

I know this sounds super confusing, do you think there’s any way to make it simpler? Is it too far-fetched?

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@ladyjoy

Ooh, that sounds interesting! It seems like a fun twist on the writer’s-relationship-with-their-world premise. πŸ™‚

The main question I have is why the people of the realms agreed to the deal with the authors, aside from the fame and fortune. Were they suspicious about the offer at all? And did the authors talk to everyone and convince all the common people to agree to this, or did they talk to rulers who may not have had their subjects’ best interests at heart in accepting the deal (e.g. rulers who thought they could get the fame and fortune all to themselves, regardless of what happened to everyone else)?

Once the backstory is clear, I think this’ll make for a really cool story!

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@ladyjoy, just wanna say, I love your forum signature. <3

β€œTears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

Joy
    @ladyjoy

@urwen-starial

Thanks so much! It’s one of my favourite quotes πŸ™‚

Joy
    @ladyjoy

@r-m-archer

Good question! I thought about it and here’s what I came up with:

The first realm, which is more medieval-based, was not a rich one. They had been suffering attacks from warlords who kept stealing their crops and the winters could be quite harsh. The king was a young man who wanted his people to prosper and was frustrated by their poverty. He discussed the Writers’ deal with his council and while a few were suspicious, most were just desperate. It seemed like a good deal for little cost, so the king agreed first and most of the people (not all) followed his lead.

The 2nd realm is dystopian/contemporary. In it, people are classified as Heroes, Villains, Sidekicks, Mentors, or Love Interests based on whether they get a Fate at birth. Those who don’t get a Fate are destined to live ordinary, uneventful lives. The Heroes got all the attention and many were getting sick of it, especially teenagers/young adults. The Writer for that realm spoke to the disgruntled, asking them if they’d like a chance to be choose their own fate/change the one that had been planned out for them. Though one or two were suspicious, 99 percent jumped at the chance.

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@ladyjoy

Ooooooh, interesting!

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@ladyjoy, this story sounds so cool! It sounds a little bit like a story I had planned, but also very different, and very neat! When you have completed it, if you want beta-readers, please ask me!

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Joy
    @ladyjoy

@nuetrobolt

Thanks so much! I’d be happy to let you read it when I’m finished πŸ˜€

Joy
    @ladyjoy

@r-m-archer

Thank you πŸ™‚ I’m still figuring out characters and plot :/

What are you working on right now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest