fb

Writer’s Corner/Mini Word Wars, anyone?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Writer’s Corner/Mini Word Wars, anyone?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

Hiya, peoples!

Anyone around here still do word wars while they’re writing? If you’re online right now and writing, then let’s compare times and write for the next however long, and see what kind of words we can come up with. 😛 If anyone wants to, here I am… I’ll be writing for a little bit anyway yet today.

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@selah-chelyah

I’m doing NaNoWriMo right now, but I could double up with Word Wars if you want.

I’ll be writing at maybe 6:30 tomorrow morning (Eastern Time), if anyone wants to join.

Also, I saw your other thread, and I’m wondering what your story is about? I’ve never published or had a “real” editor, but I plan to in the next year or two.

I know that @rebekah-elizabeth has self-published, so you might tag her.

Not all those who wander are lost.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@arindown

Hiya! That’s cool. Sorry to miss you this morning. XD What genre are you writing?

My current WIP is historical fiction (and Christian, and technically romance, lol, just really untraditional). I’m 17 chapters and about halfway done with it currently…it’ll be long, as it’s already like 75K words. 🙂 Thanks for the tip.

~ Created to create ~

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@selah-chelyah

That’s fine. I think I write earlier than a lot of people.😄

My WIP is fantasy, but I write in almost everything. If I actually do writing for a career, I’ll probably settle on one or two genres usually, but not just yet.

Your story sounds cool. What’s the plot-line? I’ve always been interesting in Historical Fiction, but I’ve never really tried it yet. It’ll require research, and I’m not ready for that…unless I’m actually going to write the book.

Not all those who wander are lost.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@arindown

XD Yeah, most of us tend to end up writing rather late…or so late it’s early, lol. I try not to…lots of admirable intentions that way, if it counts at all. 😛

That’s cool! Makes sense, too. I honestly never even thought about the difference between writing for a career versus not until recently, when I’m trying to balance it between finishing school, working a job/jobs, etc. Writing continuously just takes SO much time and effort! And the more you write, the easier, yet so much harder it is. Really is work, even if it’s work you’re super passionate about, as it is in my case. XD Pretty sure that was kinda a tangent, though…oh well.

Bah! I hate that question. 😛 Horrible doesn’t begin to describe how bad I am at describing my own writing or WIPs. Lol! And the plot has changed tremendously since I last wrote a summary blurb thing. Grr. How about a snippet instead? Haha. That’s WAY easier…though the formatting messed up, my eternal frustration. 🙂

Antonia was dusting in the front of the shop, leaving Giorgia and Lindsay to finish in the back, when her cell phone rang. Her ear caught the familiar tune from across the room where she’d set her phone on the counter, and she extricated herself from the hats and gloves, and climbed down her stepladder to cross the room. 

Just too late to catch it, she picked her phone up and flipped it open to see that it’d been an unknown number that’d called. She set it back down and went back to finish dusting the shelf, only to hear her phone beep a couple minutes later. Apparently the caller had left a voicemail. She crossed the room, duster in hand, to flip it open, and listened to the recorded message.

“Hello, Antonia.”

The words hit her like a bucket of ice water. Jordan? 

“You seem to be one of those wise people who don’t answer unknown numbers.” 

Here he chuckled, and Antonia shivered. 

“Don’t delete this message- keep listening, if you would. I only want to clarify things for you a little. It might have been easier if you’d listened to me a week and a half ago. But regardless, I’ll lay out the situation now.” 

What else could the man want from her? she wondered, feeling her temperature beginning to rise. She set her duster down on the counter and clutched the phone as his voice continued…

Also, if you’re writing at any point today and want to do word wars, I’ll probably be writing pretty much the whole day.

~ Created to create ~

Ella
    @writergirl101

@selah-chelyah

Hey!  I’m very sporadic with writing, so I don’t know if I’ll do it.  I’ll give you a heads up if I will, though.

I don’t know if anyone’s ever told you before, but you look a lot like Anna Kendrick!  I looked at your profile picture and I thought “no way, Anna Kendrick does Story Embers?!” 🤣

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@writergirl101

Okay, cool! If you’re writing today, let me know if you want to do wars, ’cause I should be around. 🙂

I love your signature, btw. Awesomeness. XD

And thanks, but that isn’t actually me, lol. Now that you mention it I can see the resemblance, but it’s just a random pic I found of someone who looks like me. 😛 But thank you! Lol. And too bad she doesn’t do SE…

~ Created to create ~

Ella
    @writergirl101

@selah-chelyah

Haha!!  That’s great! 😂

Yeah, too bad she doesn’t…😉

I love your signature, btw. Awesomeness. XD

Agreed. 😄

If you’re writing today, let me know if you want to do wars, ’cause I should be around. 🙂

And will do if I can get my brain working.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@writergirl101

XD That sounds like the voice of experience to me…I mean, if life is always good, there’s no reason to yell that. I feel like I’ve had a major overdose of plot twists in life, personally. 🙂

Okay, cool. I’m writing about a Boa constrictor pet snake right now, lol. And hating every minute of it…kinda gross to me, but makes a perfect humor scene where I have it. XD! What are you writing (when you’re writing lately XP)?

~ Created to create ~

Ella
    @writergirl101

@selah-chelyah

You got it, girl!  I have had many plot twists. 😉

I’m actually writing the intro scene for the Character Castle thread here.  I would do word wars, but it’s only gonna be like 500 words. 😥  After I finish (which won’t be long), I’ll let you know and we could do one.  If you’re up for it, of course.  I’ll probably write my NaNoWriMo novel.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@writergirl101

Oo, that sounds cool, even if I have no idea what it is. XP

Yeah, that sounds great! I’ll be here. 🙂 What’s your novel about?

~ Created to create ~

Ella
    @writergirl101

I have to watch something, so I’ll get back to you in a minute.  (Possibly more😉)

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@writergirl101

XD You’re good, and whenever is great.

~ Created to create ~

Ella
    @writergirl101

@selah-chelyah

Hey!  Sorry, that took longer than I thought it would.

My novel premise (like you said about yourself, I stink at this):

Three characters are part of a group hunting rebel leaders through the virtual reality system that has been created for the Citizens to live in and basically get brainwashed.  The rebels want to liberate the people and free them from the mental prison, so to say, that they are trapped in.  The MCs want to defeat the rebels because the system is working just fine for them.  But inside, they all have a different perspective, and they aren’t the good guys…

Boom.  *drop the mic* 😜

So in the beginning they see themselves as good guys, but in the end, they realize that they’ve got it all wrong.

My character from that book is my Character Castle dude.  He’s actually a rebel.

You should join the thread, unless you’re too busy for that.

Are you still up for word wars?  Give me ten, if so, and we can start.

Btw, I love your name–it’s so pretty.  But wait, is it a random name that you found somewhere that sounds like your real name?? 😝  I’m kidding!  I still love the name.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@writergirl101

That sounds cool! And very unique. I’d join the thread if I had time, but I’m trying like crazy to get a ton done on my book asap, so probably won’t right now. I used to be on SE a ton, though! 🙂 (Mostly back before I’d written much, lol.)

XDXD Nope, it’s my real name. Ok, at least half of it and the other half kinda. Selah is my real name (it’s Hebrew), and Chelyah is the Hebrew word for my real second name, Jewel. So yes and no. 😛

Oh, and I’m gonna have to go for a little bit…be back in about half an hour if that works maybe?

~ Created to create ~

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest