Writers' Corner #1

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #1

This topic contains 253 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  The Fledgling Artist 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 254 total)
  • Author

Catwing
    @catwing

@snapper Yep. ๐Ÿ˜€

Kay: Sure. *hands you a cookie*

How’s your plot going?

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Snapper
    @snapper

@catwing *nom nom* Thanks!

It’s going better now that I have something to work with. One of the problems was that I had myself stuck on previous ideas and I couldn’t unthink them long enough to conjure new ideas. XD

*melts chair*

Catwing
      @catwing

@snapper
      Kay: You’re welcome. *practices know tieing*

That is a sticky problem. XD Cutting scenes and changing things is hard though…

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Snapper
      @snapper

@catwing It is. Especially when I have so many good scene ideas. Ah well. I guess that’s why I write so many different stories.

How’s your interview going? Is Alex cooperating?

*melts chair*

Catwing
        @catwing

@snapper Lots of stories is good. ๐Ÿ˜€

Pretty well. She’s more cooperative than the Cloak was. But she is one of the more traumatized characters. So, going mostly well. ๐Ÿ˜›

Snapper
        @snapper

@catwing Lol XD Those poor characters. Why do we have to bring everything up all over again? Because we’re writers.

*melts chair*

Catwing
          @catwing

@snapper Why do we torment them in the first place, instead of making their lives the best and having everything be nice and go well? Because we’re writers. XD

How’s it going with your plotting?

Snapper
          @snapper

@catwing Why do we deny them ice cream? Because we’re writers.

Much better now. There’s still a bit of ironing I need to do, but I actually have a climax now. Very dramatic, I must say. XD

*melts chair*

Catwing
            @catwing

@snapper Why do they not have any chocolate? Because we’re writers and we ate it all.

I love climaxes. I put three at the end of my book. *cackles* (well, three climatic chapters with cliffhangars. *cackling intensifies* )
            Yeah. With all the ideas people gave you, your MC is going to be running around wondering what he did to deserve this. XD

Snapper
            @snapper

@catwing Why do they not have sleep? Because we’re busy writing not sleeping so why do they need it?

I love climaxes too. They’re so fun to write. It’s just I couldn’t think of a single one for this book. XD But yep. He’s not having the time of his life right now. At the moment, I’m trying to figure out a way to make him survive…

coming together

*melts chair*

Catwing
              @catwing

@snapper Why do they not know what’s going on? Because we don’t know either. ๐Ÿ˜›

Can’t have your character die can you now? Well, you could, but don’t want that right now it seems. But maybe he’ll think he’s dying. ๐Ÿ˜›

I finished my post. So I’m going to leave now. I may be around later. *waves as she vanishes away*

Snapper
              @snapper

@catwing XD

I suppose not. ๐Ÿ˜› And he definitely thinks he’s dying. Poor guy.

Awesome! Read you around. ๐Ÿ™‚

*melts chair*

Jenna Terese
                @jenwriter17

@snapper @catwing @seekjustice @valtmy @ashira @dekreel @anyone

Heyyy! I’ll be on for a bit, writing a little and working on a few other things. Anyone else on?

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
                www.jennaterese.com

Jenna Terese
                @jenwriter17

Gotta leave now…

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
                www.jennaterese.com

Eden Anderson
                @eden-anderson

@catwing @snapper @jenwriter17

Hey, so yeah, I know I was never a part of Kingdon Pen…so technically I shouldn’t even be here, sorry for intruding. (Snapper, you have permission to melt my chair as penance. ๐Ÿ˜‰)ย But I am just curious as to what exactly is a Writer’s Corner? And how is it different than all the other writing threads that have been started on here?

This looks like a lot of fun, so just thought I’d ask…๐Ÿ˜€ (please, don’t meltย me.)

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 254 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ย readersย answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest