Writers' Corner #1

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #1

This topic contains 215 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  The Fledgling Artist 3 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 216 total)
  • Author

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@rochellaine

😁👍

That’s great! I hope you’ll get to ride them soon.

I have to go too. Bye!

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
    @seekjustice

@jenwriter17

You here still? I finally have free time *YAAAAAYYYYY*

Oh! And I know I told Rochellaine, but I don’t think I told you…

I’m working on the first draft of the final infinity book for Camp NaNo.

Crazy INFP, writer, dancer, musical fanatic.
    Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God

Theresa Play
    @theresa-play

@seekjustice, EEEEK!!!!!!!! You should surprisingly resurrect Jonas…just an idea 🙂

"My prayer is that when I die, all of hell rejoices that I am out of the fight."
      - C. S. Lewis

Theresa Play
      @theresa-play

@seekjustice, (I’m @alia from KP…)

"My prayer is that when I die, all of hell rejoices that I am out of the fight."
        - C. S. Lewis

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice

@theresa-play

You wouldn’t believe how much I’ve considered that 😛

(yep, I recognised you :D)

Theresa Play
        @theresa-play

@rochellaine, thank you for the musicals!!! I’m going to try out Barnum tonight.

@seekjustice, and yet you won’t. You will force me to relive his death if I want to read about him. *dramatic sigh*

so what have you been up to? It’s been forever since we’ve been awake at the same time

- C. S. Lewis

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice

@theresa-play

Life has been absolutely crazy lately. Writing wise, I’ve been working on the third draft of the Stars fill Infinity and I finished an unrelated novel. And I’m going to be editing that, and finishing off the third draft of TSFI next month. How about you? How’s Decisions coming along?

Theresa Play
          @theresa-play

@seekjustice, SFI is book 2, right? Ooh, whats the unrelated one? anything I know about?

Decisions is being obstinate. I have a chapter or so left in part 1, and its not wanting to come together very well. I know I should go ahead and write them since its still the first draft, but my perfectionist self won’t let me. I also started a debate on here about whether I should kill off my toddler or not. I’d actually love your input on it.

To kill or not to kill, that is the quesion

- C. S. Lewis

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@theresa-play

No, it’s the first one. The second one was called When Infinity is Empty but is now called If the Stars are Fire because I like that better and it works with the changes I’ve made.

I can’t remember if you know about it or not. It’s tentatively titled Wattle Fires and it’s a fantasy novel set in a Pacific inspired world (the actual world itself is based off pre-colonial Australia, and one of the MCs is a Aboriginal-inspired girl, but the other people are based off pre-colonial Polynesians, particularly Tahitians and Samoans). It’s kind of my passion project, because I got really tired of American/British, and even Asian, fantasy. I really wanted to write one set in my own country/region of the world.

It’s hard though. It requires so much research. (you like Disney don’t you? have you seen Moana? That movie is a masterpiece)

I saw your “to kill or not to kill” highlighted bit, and my knee-jerk reaction was “Kill!”, but then I saw toddler, and now I’m thinking no. But I’ll have a look at the actual thread.

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@theresa-play I need to go now, but I might be able to talk soon 😀

Theresa Play
            @theresa-play

@seekjustice, Ooh, I like that new name.

I think I saw you talking about it, but I wasn’t ever actually on when the discussion was happening. it’ll be nice to have a fairy tale from Australia. There are so many Asian and European ones that its easy to forget other cultures.

Research, the stumbling block of most writers =D (Yes, Moana was amazing, design, culture, music, all of it)

It seems to be cut down the middle since it is the toddler’s life on the line. (I’m tempted to point out Waif, but I guess since it was a retelling it can pass 😉 )

Well, I actually have to go now too. Hopefully we can talk again soon

- C. S. Lewis

The Fledgling Artist
              @the-fledgling-artist

Gonna try to get some writing done.

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@theresa-play So, did you get a chance to listen to/watch Barnum?

Nonsense makes the heart grow fonder ~ Carolyn Wells

Silverclaw
                @silverclaw-bonnetfolly

I know this isn’t really a writers thing but I wasn’t sure where else to put it.

Happy birthday @dekreel!! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Nola? AZELINE!!! For ChristWard!

Jenna Terese
                @jenwriter17

Oh, I didn’t know it was your birthday, @dekreel! 😄 Have a blessed day, friend! ❤️🎉🎉🎉

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
                www.jennaterese.com

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 216 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest