Writers' Corner #1

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #1

This topic contains 253 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  The Fledgling Artist 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 254 total)
  • Author

Catwing
    @catwing

@rochellaine The one will Alex and Justus (I think it was Justus…).

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@catwing Ah, Alex and Justice.ย  Haha, I remember it now.ย  Well, I never intended to write it in the first place, since I mentioned the idea of the plot as a joke, but I did consider writing it since you and SeekJustice seemed to like it so much.

Thanks for reminding me of it.ย  If I get a chance I’ll try it out and see how it goes. ๐Ÿ˜€

How is your book coming along?

Nonsense makes the heart grow fonder ~ Carolyn Wells

Catwing
      @catwing

@rochellaine Okay. ๐Ÿ˜€

My book is doing okay now. I’m having to flesh out an organization and a few world building things I didn’t before, cause now they are coming into play. As much as I hate changing things in my draft I can see how it’s making my book better. *determined look* So at the end it will be a good book. *nods*

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine

@catwing So is your first draft finished already?ย  Or are you changing things before you finish?

Catwing
        @catwing

@rochellaine This isn’t my first draft. I don’t know what draft this is.
        The point of this draft is to change things. Though sometimes I can be a bit stubborn. Not wanting to change it again. ๐Ÿ˜›
        But it’s for the best. So hopefully I’ll finish eventually.

The Fledgling Artist
        @the-fledgling-artist

@catwing Aww, I’m sorry you’ve been feeling down. I don’t know exactly what you’re feeling, but I can definitely empathize with you. I’m at a point in life where I don’t have many friends either. I think God uses those times to pull us closer to Him. If we really fill up on God now, then when we do have friends later we will be better equipped to pour out in them then. That’s how I try to look at it.
        I can’t remember if I already asked you or not, but what is your current WIP about?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

The Fledgling Artist
        @the-fledgling-artist

Gonna try to write for the next hour or so.

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Jenna Terese
        @jenwriter17

@seekjustice @rochellaine @catwing @theresa-play @the-fledgling-artist @dekreel @snapper

I am going to try to get a bit of outlining done for my superhero book. I might read a bit too (I just started a book I’m pretty excited about). Anyone else want to join me?

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
        www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@jenwriter17 Hey!ย  How’s it going?ย  I’ll join you for a bit.

Jenna Terese
          @jenwriter17

@rochellaine Hi! ๐Ÿ˜€ It feels like a long time since we’ve talked. I’m pretty bust lately, but doing well. And you? What are you working on?

www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine

@jenwriter17 Yeah, we haven’t talked as much since KP shut down. ๐Ÿ™ (though it’s back up again now, so, hooray! ๐Ÿ˜› )

Same here.

I’m doing some misc. writing things like going through my old story ideas to see if any pop out at me, and planning for my novel(s) that are going everlastingly slow.

What point are you at in your superhero book?ย  I don’t know much about that one, do I?ย  Didn’t you start it around the same time you started the sci-fi one?

Jenna Terese
            @jenwriter17

@rochellaine Yes, it’s so awesome/relieving that KP is back up. ๐Ÿ˜€

Looking through old stories can be so inspiring. <3

Oh, this is a totally different superhero book actually. That first one wasn’t really going anywhere so I dropped it, but then I got an idea for another so I’m working with it. It’s coming along better than the other one. ๐Ÿ™‚ How’s Daughter of Judas (that was the title right?)?

www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@jenwriter17 Ah, I see.ย  You are still planning on completing the sci-fi one, though, aren’t you?

Yes, that’s the title.ย  I’m still in love with the story, so at least there’s that. ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  I have it all swirling around in my head pretty constantly.ย  But the writing part is going very slow.ย  It’s annoying that it’s going so slowly, since there are parts later in the story that I can’t wait to get to, but I just have to plod on at an excruciating pace and hope I get there within the next five years or so. ๐Ÿ˜›

Jenna Terese
              @jenwriter17

@rochellaine

For sure. It’s got a lot of problems and the plot is kind of weak, but I plan on finishing it because I’m learning as I write. ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s so hard when there are scenes in the book you want to get to but you know you can’t rush things!

How are your horses? ๐Ÿ˜€

www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@jenwriter17 Good, because I’m still waiting to read it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Our horses are doing pretty well.ย  We haven’t been able to ride them yet, but we can get the saddle on the paint easily now.

I’ve got to go.ย  Hope to talk to you again soon!ย  Happy writing.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 254 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ย readersย answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest