fb

Writers' Corner #1

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #1

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 254 total)
  • Author
    The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@jenwriter17 Hey, I’m still around. I’m multitasking haha. Working on outlining a short story and doing a painting. 😀 What story are you working on?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@the-fledgling-artist Hi! Ah, yes, multitasking is good. 😉 I’m working on writing my sci-fi-/futuristic WIP and outlining a new idea; a superhero novel. What are you painting?

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@jenwriter17 Oooh, superhero stories have a special place in my heart. xD What sparked the idea?
    I’m working on a gouache painting of a random-fantasy-looking-girl because I wanted to practice using gouache paint, and I wanted to practice doing a background. (And I’m not creative enough to draw a background that looks cool enough on its own. Hence the random-fantasy-looking-girl.)

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@the-fledgling-artist Mine too. <3 I’m actually not 100 percent sure. I think it might’ve been either a movie or video game trailer (or a combo of both).

Sounds interesting. 🙂 What are your favorite things to paint? Oh, have you ever tried watercolor pencils?

www.jennaterese.com

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@jenwriter17 Really?? You too? Why are they special to you?
    Do you like video games?

Umm.. Probably my characters. :3 I find that drawing/painting them helps me get to know them better, in a weird way. I have tried watercolor pencils! I received a few a long time ago as a gift, though, admittedly, I haven’t touched them for a while. Do you like watercolor pencils?

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@the-fledgling-artist I really like to see how characters use their unique powers to save the day. I especially like the inner conflict in superhero novels, because despite a character having this awesome power, they still have deep inner challenges they need to overcome.

I’m not a big video game player. At all. That’s my brothers’ department. 😉 Do you?

Character art is a lot of fun. 😀 I got a set of watercolor pencils for Christmas, and I’ve been enjoying experimenting with them. 🙂

Sadly, I have to leave for now. I may be back later, or tomorrow. Bye!

www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@theresa-play I like almost all of those! (If I’d remembered you were Alia, I’d have known you like those musicals, but…oh well. 😉 New names are so confusing!) Now I’ve got to go back and listen to the soundtracks of Anastasia and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers again.  It’s been too long since I have! 😛

Ok, I can recommend a couple of musicals that I think you might enjoy.

My current “stuck in my head” new favorite musical is Barnum.  NOT The Greatest Showman!!  I do not like that one at all. 😛 A musical called simply Barnum from the 80s is the one I enjoy.  The London production starred Michael Crawford, which means it was absolutely brilliant. 😉  But the music is what made me first fall in love with it.  I’d say the music is most similar to older musicals such as Mary Poppins.

Do you like Cinderella stories?  Both Rodgers & Hammerstein (Sound of Music) and the Sherman Brothers (Mary Poppins) wrote musicals based on the fairy tale.  Titled respectively Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella (starring Julie Andrews in the original tv production!!) and The Slipper and the Rose.  I am not sure which I’d give more points to if I went down song by song, but really, is there anything that can compare with the wonderfully morbid and yet jolly song, “What a Comforting Thing to Know” from The Slipper and the Rose?  I think not. 😀 (@seekjustice and I talked about it on KP, so you may have heard of it before.)

You also might like the musical Oliver! based on Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens.

Do any of those sound interesting?

Nonsense makes the heart grow fonder ~ Carolyn Wells

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@jenwriter17 Farewell, my friend.
    I wouldn’t say video games are my thing. I play sometimes with my siblings, but not by choice haha. There are two games though, that are absolute works of art. That’s why I asked, ’cause any gamer should know about these games. Journey and Ori and the Blind Forest. If you like listening to cool soundtracks I highly recommend theirs.

^-^

Hey, @rochellaine are you writing?

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@the-fledgling-artist Among other things. 😉

How about you?  What are you working on?

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@rochellaine I’m working on writing… Well, I’m not exactly sure what to call it. Haha. It’s kind of a fanfiction I guess? It’s a story with a few of my own characters and the characters belonging to people who I’ve played a writing game with in the Role Play For Learning thread.
    I’m new to this writing thing, and I like having low-pressure stuff like this to work on because writing the stories I care about scares me. xD

What about you?

Catwing
    @catwing

@rochellaine @theresa-play @the-fledgling-artist *flys in through the window* It’s been a while. But I’m here. Writing a scene for my book. 😀
    It’s great to ‘see’ y’all again. :3

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@catwing Hey Catwing! How’s it going?

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@the-fledgling-artist I’m actually looking through my old/unfinished stories and seeing if any catch my interest.

@catwing
    Hi!

Catwing
    @catwing

@the-fledgling-artist It’s going okay. I’ve been a little bit depressed lately… Partially cause I’m having trouble making friends (At least it feels that way. But friendships take time. 🙂 ) Partially cause my book was giving me trouble. Fortunately I figured out the book problem. 😀

@Rochellaine
    Hello! Random question, did you write the fanfic? If you didn’t that’s totally fine. I’m just curious. :3

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@catwing Which one? 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 254 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest