fb

Writer Block/discouragement/ giving up ……..and Chocolate

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Writer Block/discouragement/ giving up ……..and Chocolate

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    RaeMarie
    @raemarie

So, I haven’t been on SE for about a month now and now I’m back looking for help. I haven’t wrote stories since I was little but I never paid much attention to theme or message. Last year I decided to start working on my first novel and was going to start with the theme first. That hasn’t gone so well. Maybe I just don’t understand theme or message. Maybe I’m making this harder than it should be………but between anxiety, work stress, and trying to figure this out……..I’m about to give up writing. (I doubt it’s actually possible for me to:) ) So moral of this long paragraph, is anyone interested in being brainstorming buddies/ mentor? I’m on messenger quite a lot, but I also do Skype, instagram, and probably just about every social media out there….ish. I’d have to find my passwords. 🙂

Also, for something a bit lighter, what’s y’uns favorite chocolate? And what do you think it would sound like if it spoke to you. (Prompt I found on Pinterest) 🙂

INFP-T. Christ follower, music lover, a dreamer of Middle Earth..........

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@rae-marie

Aww, I feel you!

What are you looking for in a writing buddy? I don’t have tons of time, but I’d be interested in helping you out somehow.

Courage, dear heart ~ Aslan

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@raemarie I probably don’t have time to go back and forth a ton, but you’re certainly free to message me. I like brainstorming.

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

@bama-rose @daeus-lamb

I’m not sure what I’m looking for in a writing buddy. Someone who needs a writing buddy as much as I. I want to help whoever helps me too. I’m not the greatest at brainstorming (aka…..brainstorming buddy/mentor) but I’m good at proofreading and helping with flow. I guess I’m needing someone who can be incredibly patient as I stumble through the understanding.

So to the point of time……..I don’t have much time either. Evenings and weekends. Mainly only weekends. Or anytime I get a second.

I am really new to all of this. Mentors, writing buddies, plotting, theme, characters. The one thing I’m good at….world building.

So…….

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

I’m on Facebook as RaeMarie. 🙂

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@raemarie

Haha, I don’t think I’m much good at world building, so… yeah. And I am looking for a proofreader! I’d be interesting in helping you out, for sure. I’m not completely ready for a big time commitment, but evenings and weekends work pretty well.

I am on FB, and it’d been fun to do messenger or something. I don’t have instagram, though. (Also, I can be pretty shy sometimes! Just so you know 🙃)

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

@bama-rose Awesome!! Is your Tag the same on Facebook?

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@raemarie

I just sent you a friend request. My name on there is Ala Bama.

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

@bama-rose

i just accepted! 🙂

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

@daeus-lamb Are you on Facebook? If you are, would you mind me messaging a couple of questions about theme?

Hedges
    @h-jones

@raemarie I would absolutely love to help you! Ironically, I’ve sort of been looking for the same thing: I really need help with brainstorming at the moment, so that would be really neat if we could help each other. If you’re still interested, of course. (: No worries, if not!!

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

@h-jones I would love to help you!! Are you on Facebook or email?

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@raemarie Yep, I’m on Facebook. 🙂

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

Hey! I’m on messenger a lot– so if you need someone to shoot ideas back and forth with, you can find me on FB as Elizabeth Kuhn. I totally get you–I process by writing out my ideas in text, which either annoys people or helps. Sometimes it depends on the day, but I’m always free. 😉

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

Hi! @elizabeth ! I just sent you a friend request!:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest