Would Your Character Rather. . .

Forums Fiction Characters Would Your Character Rather. . .

This topic contains 163 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Dakota 1 day, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 164 total)
  • Author

Holly Anne
    @holly-anne

Would your character rather kiss a frog or passionately tell the most aggravating character in the story, “I love you”?

Alexa: Ok, well Max is definitely the most aggravating character I’ve ever been around…

Max: Hey! I’m your brother!!!

Alexa: Exactly! Just kidding. You know, this little thing called sarcasm etc etc…

Max: I probably did kiss a frog when I was two so I’ll use that.

Alexa: Apart from darling Max, I would much rather tell the most aggravating character ‘I love you.’ I have this skill called ‘give-them-such-a-look-of-utter-disdain-as-you-tell-them-it-that-they-practically-wilt” Yep…I got that from my author… *shoots a triumphant grin at unsuspecting author*    *author slams laptop closed and locks characters in an unlockable safe*

Author: *coughs* I sincerely apologise for the behaviour of my unruly character *glares at locked safe, and disappears hastily*

(oh, and I have no idea what Alexa was talking about so yep…)

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling" (Inception)
      Composer, Writer, Sarcastic 😉

Holly Anne
      @holly-anne

@anne_the_noob14

Sorry, I didn’t reply sooner!! There are so many new posts on here lol. Haha thanks 🙂 It is cool that there are lots of Novemberites on here. Oh, you must be kinda sad and also quite excited!!! My sister just turned 18 too!! 🙁 😉 XD How old are you?

Snack Thief
        @anne_the_noob14

@kayla-skywriter AAAHHH I JUST READ LOTR AND AAAAHHH IT’S AMAZING

Lucas, Kiel, Hazel and Rafino: *to each other* *whispering* Is she ok??

Would your character rather kiss a frog or passionately tell the most aggravating character in the story, “I love you”?

Lucas: …. *mumbles incoherently* *shuffles off to find the most aggravating character*

Hazel: *rolls eyes* I already do that on a daily basis.

Kiel: YOU KISS FROGS??

Hazel: ….. no. I love you. But you’re an idiot.

Kiel: *blushes* Not in front of the children! *points to author*

Me: exCUSE mE i crEAteD yOu?!

Hazel: She already knows you’re an idiot.

Kiel: …never mind. I’ll tell Rowan I love him, then. *gags*

Rafino: this is so childish

Would your character rather only be able to feel emotions like sadness, grief, pain, or anger, or have no emotions at all?

Lucas: *chokes on his tea* nuh-uh. Stop it. You are all evil

Hazel: I already feel all those every time Kiel does something stupid so I wouldn’t be missing much. *smirks*

Kiel: *pouts* Not fair.

Rafino: Remind me again, what other emotions are there?

(INFP-A)
        "Fly, you fools!" ~Gandalf

Snack Thief
        @anne_the_noob14

@holly-anne You’re good! Ikr? You’re welcome! Yep! Yess… :,(

(that was the weirdest set of words I think I have ever written… XD)

I’ll be 15 on Nov 11th 😀

(INFP-A)
        "Fly, you fools!" ~Gandalf

Kayla Skywriter
        @kayla-skywriter

Would your character rather only be able to feel emotions like sadness, pain, grief, and anger, or have no emotions at all?

Alex: Sadness, pain, and grief. I need to feel something.

Jayden: Take all this away, let me feel nothing.

Jane: I was given emotions for a reason, I must not give them up.

Calin: If I felt only sadness, pain, grief and the like I would better be able to understand what other’s are feeling. I will chose that.

Alex: Who’s the most aggravating character? There’s only two of us, unless you count the nameless nurse. I’d tell her that I love her.

Jayden: I do love the most aggravating character.

Alex: You’re in love with my Nurse?

Jayden: No, I love you. You’re my brother, I would die for you.

Alex: Oh, is that why you never killed me when we fought?

Jane: Guys, could you continue this later. I would rather kiss a frog.

Calin: I love frogs.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Holly Anne
          @holly-anne

@anne_the_noob14

*laughs at the word combination XD*

Ok cool 🙂

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
            @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

Skye: *stared blankly* I-I’d have to kiss a frog.

Judah: Ummm. . .BLAGH!! Well. . . I guess I’ll kiss a frog too. I mean, telling HIM that I love him wouldn’t do any good. He’d probably just shoot me or something!

Hector: *smiles strangely* That’s hard to say. The first one isn’t too hard. . . but *pauses thoughtfully* the second one might be more worth it in the long run.

New Q: Would your character rather lie to get them and/or their friend out of trouble or be completely honest even though it would get them and/or their friend into trouble?

Skye: *frankly* Finally an easier question. I would lie.

Judah: OH BROTHER!! What would I RATHER DO? I’d RATHER lie, but I probably couldn’t if the situation arose.

Hector: Be honest. Standing for the truth sometimes means giving up everything, but in the end, the truth is the only thing worth living for.

And a second, similar new question:

New Q: Would your character rather give up their faith/moral values to save the person they love most, or refuse give up their faith/moral values and let the person be killed?

Skye: *stunned silence* g-give up my moral values.

Judah: *stares in shock* I-I- the person I love the most is already dead. *buries face in hands*

Hector: *stares at the ground, struggling inwardly, swallows hard*  I can’t compromise what I know is right for anyone, no matter how dear. Like I said, standing for the truth sometimes means giving up everything, but in the end, the truth is the only thing worth living for. And I know SHE would rather die than see me give up what’s true. *sets jaw and stares up at the sky again*

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Dakota
              @dakota

I’ve chimed in on this thread before, but haven’t in a while. Hello, all who are new!

I’m introducing two new characters: Dayton Fraiser and Alan Bolt

Megyn Primrose Harris: *looks very perplexed.* Since ‘I love you’ is what the most aggravating person in my life wants me to say, I would rather kiss the frog.

Jim Allen Smith: Hmm . . . *raises an eyebrow* I don’t know  . . . *starts laughing* I’ll pass on that question.

Dayton: I will agree with Ms. Harris, though for very different reasons!!!!

Alan: *grins in Dayton’s direction* I will fall down dramatically on one knee, clasp my hands, look at DAYTON and say ‘I LOVE YOU!!!’  . . .Because I know she’d like it!!!! *snickers evilly*

Dayton: *Glares at Alan poisonously* YOU!!

New Q: Would your character rather lie to get them and/or their friend out of trouble or be completely honest even though it would get them and/or their friend into trouble?

Alan: UH . . . To get me out of trouble? Probably not lie (except maybe to Dayton). Somebody else? Probably lie.

Dayton: *continues glaring at Alan* Never to get myself out of trouble, unless I had good reasons. In the case of someone else, it would depend on whether they deserved it or not.

Megyn: I couldn’t tell a lie to protect myself but to save another . . .*Sits with chin resting in her hand a moment* Lying is wrong, for no matter what reason, so if I could avoid having to speak, I would. Otherwise I must tell the truth.

Jim: *Nods in agreement*

New Q: Would your character rather give up their faith/moral values to save the person they love most, or refuse give up their faith/moral values and let the person be killed?

Alan: UH . . .I don’t know if I -well, I guess I have some moral values. I think I would bend them, but only as a last resort.

Dayton: *hmphs* I DON’T. I have ETHICS. If I had  to bend my ethics was to save them, I would.

Megyn: *bits her lip and looks at the floor, thinking* (Voice has a slight tremor in it) I- I know I couldn’t break moral values but to let the person I love most die . . .It’s hard. I – I would have to stand on what I know is right. no matter how – how it broke my heart. *steals a glance at Hector.*

Jim: *Nods in agreement to Hector and Megyn*

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  Dakota.

Psalm 119:11
              Your word I have hidden in my heart,
              That I might not sin against You.

Veraza Winterknight
              @kari-karast

Would your character rather lie to get them and/or their friend out of trouble or be completely honest even though it would get them and/or their friend into trouble?

Kari: For myself? I’d just about always tell the truth. For others? Um… depends on the type of trouble.

Eina: What she said. Minus the part about herself.

Zane: What they said.

Keldan: . . .

Would your character rather give up their faith/moral values to save the person they love most, or refuse give up their faith/moral values and let the person be killed?

Kari: *looks stricken* I… I don’t know. M-My morals are what separate me from evil, what guide me to choose the right thing. I… I don’t even know if it’s possible for me to give them up, being what I am. But… to save who I love most… *squeezes I shut to prevent tears from escaping* I’ve already lost my family once… I don’t know if I could again. Especially not willingly. I think… I think I’d have to give up my morals to save them.

Eina: Everyone I love is already dead, I’ll keep the few morals I still have. Unless you’re saying I could go back in time and save them, then I’d give up my morals to do that in a heartbeat.

Zane: *quietly* I’d have to keep my morals. That’s what separates the Visionaries from the Tyranny. Even if… even if it meant the people I love dying. I’d have to keep them. *shaky breath*

Keldan: *long, emotional sigh* I have to agree with Eina.

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Banana Peacock Warrior
              @banana-peacock-warrior

Would your character rather lie to get them and/or their friend out of trouble or be completely honest even though it would get them and/or their friend into trouble?

Cadenza: I think it would depend what trouble. If it’s a ‘hand stuck in the berry cake jar and going to be grounded’ trouble, whatever: I’ll be honest. If it’s ‘I’m about to DIE!’ trouble, I think it might be worth it to lie.

Barbinas: I’d lie to get out of trouble. Been doing it my whole life in the Flat village: it’s very effective until someone finds you out but most of the time they simply don’t. Really there’s no point in telling the truth in the situation ’cause my father will slap me or something anyway. Might as well take the easy way out.

Elissa: I’d prefer not to lie.

Would your character rather give up their faith/moral values to save the person they love most, or refuse give up their faith/moral values and let the person be killed?

Cadenza and Elissa: Ouch.

Barbinas: I don’t love anybody. If I DID, I’m not sure it would matter- I don’t understand the question, honestly.

Cadenza: I don’t care about a faith or whatever… but my moral values… I- I don’t know about that, really.

Elissa: I feel very strongly about my faith AND my moral values and as hard as it may be I don’t think I would be able to give them up for anybody.

Would your character rather have to obey their enemy for 24 hours or switch places with their enemy for a week?

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
                ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

@banana-peacock-warrior

Would your character rather give up their faith/moral values to save the person they love most, or refuse give up their faith/moral values and let the person be killed?  Elissa: I feel very strongly about my faith AND my moral values and as hard as it may be I don’t think I would be able to give them up for anybody.

Love that answer!

Sam M
                  @sam-m

Would your character rather have to obey their enemy for 24 hours or switch places with their enemy for a week?

Judah: It’d be horrible, but I’d switch places. Maybe it’d help me figure out how to take him down. Besides, if I had to obey him, he might make me murder people -I couldn’t take that risk.

Lauren: Ugh. I’d trade places. Even though it would be gross.

Blade: I’d probably obey my enemy for twenty-four hours. He’d probably just humiliate me…maybe get me expelled, but I’ve been in high school way too long anyway. That’s one of the problems with being stuck at seventeen-years-old for hundreds of years. *sigh* Besides, then I could go back to being me. I’ve got enough deception in my life anyway.

Would your character rather kill someone he knows will kill again or let the murder live?

@sam-m Wow!! you have a character names Judah too?! That’s cool!

I’m adding in some new characters along with my old ones: Francis Barclay: a guy and  Phoenix Diamond: a girl

Would your character rather kill someone he knows will kill again or let the murderer live?

Francis: I couldn’t ever kill anybody

Phoenix:  I-I would RATHER kill him, though I don’t know if I could do it myself! There are too many murderers in the world!

Skye: *rubs the blade of his knife with his thumb* KILL HIM!

Judah: I-I- don’t- know- I think if I had the opportunity. . . I don’t know. I don’t want to kill anyone, but sometimes. . .

Hector: *eyes burn and he sits quietly for a few moments* I’ve had the opportunity to kill a murderer. . . more than once. I-I REALLY REALLY wanted to do it, but I didn’t. And though it would seem just to take a murderer’s life if he was determined to murder again. . . I know that it would be wrong for me to do it. . . all I would be doing would be creating another murderer out of myself. I can’t do that.

Phoenix: *looks at the floor a moment, then at Hector in admiration* Wow! I would have killed him if it had been in my power! I-I’d never thought of it that way. . . I guess I’d rather not. . . I wouldn’t want to add another murderer to the world either. Especially being one myself! *shudders*

BigIdeasKC
                    @bigideaskc

Would your character rather kill someone he knows will kill again or let the murder live?

Oof, nice one.

Aurora: I… Oof. That’s a good one. I’d say I’d let the dude live. He deserves a second chance.

Arana: *squints* I would arrest him.

Sabre: Kill him. I’ve been in one too many battles and seen one too many deaths. I know what it’s like to conquer for the right cause.

Me: My turn, I guess. Alright, guys – would your character rather lose all his/her memories and have to start over again in his/her mind, or keep only bad memories? Probably a dumb question, and it might have already been asked, LOL, but it’s worth a shot. 😉

We breathe. We regenerate. Our hearts beat. Our minds create. 37 seconds well-used is a lifetime.

Veraza Winterknight
                      @kari-karast

Would your character rather kill someone he knows will kill again or let the murderer live?

Kari: Um… not in cold blood. If it was in battle, I’d definitely do it. But not in cold blood.

Eina: Depends who they are and who they’re going to kill.

Zane: Hm… If it was one of my friends, no. Someone else, yes. But I’d give them a chance, first.

Keldan: Yes. I’d kill them.

Would your character rather lose all his/her memories and have to start over again in his/her mind, or keep only bad memories?

Kari: I think… I think I’d have to keep the bad memories, because there’s still some good mixed in if you just look hard enough. And I wouldn’t want to completely forget my friends and family.

Eina: Lose them all. Please. I’d finally be free of the pain. *thinks* I’d also be incredibly confused, but it’d be better.

Keldan: Hm… I’d rather not lose them, but I don’t want to only keep the bad ones. So I’d lose them all.

Zane: *frowns*

Zane: I don’t know. Part of me thinks starting over would be freeing, and welcoming. But I don’t want to forget my friends, my family, especially not my Mom.

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest