Would Your Character Rather. . .

Forums Fiction Characters Would Your Character Rather. . .

This topic contains 255 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Emberynus The Dragonslayer 12 hours, 38 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 256 total)
  • Author

Abigail Rebekah
    @abigail-rebekah

@kayla-skywriter

Aww, thanks. I love yours too 🙂 I guess we both like horses xD

Cool! I totally understand about having an idea you want to write, and then not doing much more of it LOL. Your his-fic book sounds really good.

I haven’t met you before so hi *waves*.

I saw that you are fourteen. I am too, except I will be turning fifteen in September. How about you?

Is his-fic your favourite genre? It is one of mine 🙂

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Holly Anne
      @holly-anne

@kayla-skywriter

Yep, I hear you on multiple WIP lol. *groans and looks at 45 stories in progress*

Your main WIP sounds really good though! If you ever need a beta reader… 🙂

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling" (Inception)
        Composer, Writer, Sarcastic 😉

Kayla Skywriter
        @kayla-skywriter

@abigail-rebekah

Yes, I LOVE horses.

Hi *waves back* I will be turning fifteen in November. I do enjoy his-fic (especially G. A. Henty) but my favorite is either fantasy or contemporary realistic fiction.

What are some of your favorite books?

@holly-anne

Thanks, I may take you up on that in the future.

New question: Would your character rather lose the ability to lie or believe everything they’re told?

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Abigail Rebekah
        @abigail-rebekah

@kayla-skywriter

Cool, so we are pretty much the same age 🙂

Yeah, G. A. Henty’s books are really good. Your genres sound cool.

Some of my favourite books are The Mountain Fortress by John J. Horn and Burning Rose by Hope Ann xD

How about you?

Cool new question BTW 🙂 I just can’t think of an answer at the moment LOL

Veraza Winterknight
          @kari-karast

@anne_the_noob14 What don’t kill him!!

@kayla-skywriter Really? I’ll be 15 in November too. What day is your birthday?

(For the record, whenever Trystan signs, I put what he wants to say, not the exact words he signs.)

Would you rather go camping with the most annoying character in your story (to you) or spend a month in an isolation ward?

Kari: Oh, great. I suppose camping, I’m pretty sure everyone would die if I was isolated.

Eina: Is this even a question? Peace and quiet for a month sounds great, and there’s no way I’m going camping with Zane, either.

Zane: Eh, isolation ward sounds boring. I’ll go camping, I can just annoy them back. *smirks*

Keldan: Isolation ward. Please.

Mireya: What’s an isolation ward?

Trystan: *shrugs*

Would you rather be mute for a year or blind?

Trystan: *silent laughter* *signs “Why not choose what you already are?”*

Mireya: Mute. I can still communicate by writing and learning sign language, like Trystan.

Kari: Mute, definitely mute. Otherwise I couldn’t read.

Keldan: Mute, not that I talk much anyway.

Eina: If I was blind, I wouldn’t have to see people… but on the other hand, I’d be more vulnerable to attacks, so mute.

Zane: *gapes* Remind me why I have to answer this again?

Eina: …because the author said to?

Zane: Besides that.

Eina: …

Zane: I refuse to answer.

Eina: *facepalms*

Would Your Character Rather Live For A Lie Or Die For The Truth?

Kari: Die for the truth. I mean, that’s basically why I’m alive right now…

Trystan: *frowns* *signs “If I die, there will be no heir. But if I live for a lie, would the empire be reborn? This is indeed a conundrum.”*

Mireya: *has no idea what Trystan is signing* Um… sure. I’ll die for the truth, I did that already. Until Trystan rescued me.

Eina: *bitterly* What truth. The Tyranny crushed it when they crushed the Idealists.

Zane: Die for the truth, that’s what the Visionaries are for.

Keldan: I’m already living a lie while trying to bring about the truth. I’ll die for it.

Would your character rather lose the ability to lie or believe everything they’re told?

Trystan: *signs “I’d lose my ability to lie, most people don’t understand what I sign in the first place.”*

Mireya: If I believed everything I’m told, then I’d be helping Thalaya. And I rarely have to lie, I’ll lose that ability.

Kari: Ouch. Just, ouch.

Zane: Uh… um… I don’t want to be a slave of the Tyranny, but I can’t be a spy if I can’t lie… *blinks*

Eina: This is outrageous. I’ll lose my ability to lie. It’ll lesson my chances of survival, but nearly as much as if I believed everything I’m told.

Keldan: I’ll lose my ability to lie. If propaganda counts as something being told, which unfortunately it does, I might actually succumb to the rebels point of view.

Eina: Riiiiiiight. Because you don’t already believe everything you’re told. *rolls eyes*

Keldan: *glares and really wishes he wasn’t forbidden from killing her during these*

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Holly Anne
          @holly-anne

@kayla-skywriter

Yes feel free 🙂

Ooooh, nice one!!!

Would your character rather lose the ability to lie, or believe everything they’re told?

Max: Um, lose the ability to lie.

Alexa: Yeah, same.

Abigail Rebekah
            @abigail-rebekah

Avelea: Lose the ability to lie, cus then I  wouldn’t be accused of not telling the truth.

Domenick: That’s a hard one. Probably believe everything I am told, because if I lost the ability to lie, then I wouldn’t be who I am… a betrayer.

Banana Peacock Warrior
              @banana-peacock-warrior

Would you rather go camping with the most annoying character in your story (to you) or spend a month in an isolation ward?

Cadenza: What? Camping with Barbinas or *gulp* no audience for a month? I’d end up dancing for dust! That’s- wait- why would you ask such a question?! That’s not right!

Barbinas: Camping with Cadenza? HAHAHA! NEVER. Well would this isolation ward have a target and could I bring my bow and arrows? Then, I’m all set!

Elissa: I’d love to go camping with Barbinas. He might be annoying, but I’d be one step closer to getting him to finally open up about why he IS so mean… I think I have a lead… well he’s a Flat… okay, that’s all I’ve got.

Would you rather be mute for a year or blind?

Cadenza: Oh, mute. No one needs to HEAR me to WATCH me perform. Being blind would be a struggle.

Barbinas: Mute. Who can shoot a bow if they’re blind? Although… if I was blind I’d have an excuse for not watching Cadenza and those stupid dances… HM.

Elissa: Mute. I’m with Barbinas about the bow and Cadenza on the dancing- though, I don’t need anyone watching.

Cadenza: I still don’t get you Sharps; and when can I learn to shoot a bow like you guys??

Barbinas: Wimp.

Cadenza: *sticks tongue out*

Would Your Character Rather Live For A Lie Or Die For The Truth?

Cadenza: Seriously what is with the questions? Well, will this lie to live for make me famous?

Elissa: Cadenza!

Cadenza: Hey, I’m just being honest here.

Barbinas: Live for a lie. What has the truth ever done for me? Black eyes and broken bones, that’s what.

Elissa: I really hope you both change your minds when you meet the Great Maestro. I’d definitely die for the truth… what’s the point of living, otherwise?

Would your character rather lose the ability to lie or believe everything they’re told?

Cadenza: Well-

Barbinas: Well, Cadenza’s already gullible, so…

Cadenza: I am not! I would lose the ability to lie.

Barbinas: I don’t want to admit it but I agree. *gags*

Elissa: I try to avoid lying anyway… but losing the ability forever? Sounds good! (I think)

New Q: For three days, would you rather live as a dolphin or an eagle?

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
                ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

Kayla Skywriter
                @kayla-skywriter

@abigail-rebeckah

Cool, we are close to the same age.

Interesting, I’ve never heard of those books before, I’ll have to check them out. My favorite books would be Ranger’s Apprentice and Brotherband Chronicles by John Flanagan, Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson, The Giver by Lowis Lowry, Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica by James A. Owen, Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. And that’s a lot so I should stop now.

Kayla Skywriter
                @kayla-skywriter

I meant @abigail-rebekah

Kayla Skywriter
                @kayla-skywriter

@holly-anne

Thanks

@kari-karast

The eighth. How about you?

Livi Ryddle
                @anne_the_noob14

@kari-karast I probably won’t, but I have my reasons for wanting to 😛

@kayla-skywriter Lol you guys I’ll also be 15 in November! The 11th.

"..and when you get the chance.. to sit it out or dance.. I hope you dance.."

Veraza Winterknight
                @kari-karast

@anne_the_noob14 Okay phew. *wants to know reasons but won’t ask*

@kayla-skywriter The 26th! All these november birthdays are insane!

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Sam M
                @sam-m

Judah: Fight the one person. How would I win against an army?

Sahara Desert or Antartica?

Judah: The Sahara, I guess. I’m tired of living in a cold place.

Lauren: The Sahara. Definitely. I feel like it’d be easier to drive there and get internet connections.

Always night or always day?

Judah: I guess I’d rather live in a world where it was always day. My city gets really dangerous at night. Although, I guess that’s much more dangerous than it is during the day. *sigh* Still day. It’s harder for people to hide that way.

Dante: Always night, of course. It’s easier to do things without everyone getting in my business.

Kaz: Uh, always day. Definitely always day. Do you guys not see how creepy it would be for it to always be night? Especially, in this place… Day. Please, day.

And the question about going to the villain for help or not: Judah would  think about long and hard. And sideways and upside and backwards. He would make diagrams and pros and cons charts. He would gather loads of information. He would lose sleep, eat poorly, and generally torture himself with the decision. Then he would probably choose not to take the villains help. Lauren would flat out refuse to got to the villain for help after three seconds to think about it. Dante would go to the villain (“Uh, I want to win, right?”).

Lost on earth alone or lost on a different planet with a best friend?

Judah: *rubs the back of his head and contemplates the question* Lost on earth. Kaz probably wouldn’t do super well on a foreign planet. And how would we get back, anyway? I don’t keep an inflatable space ship in my pocket.

Dante: Ooh, a different planet. That’s way cool. I’d get so much cred for that, man.

Lauren: Lost on earth. Wouldn’t I suffocate on a different planet?

Kaz: Earth, definitely earth.

Frankie: A  different planet. Think of the adventure!

Okay, now my question: Would your character rather risk their best friend’s life to defeat the villain or not and let the villain run rampant in their city?

Holly Anne
                @holly-anne

@kari-karast

Lol, here’s another November Birthday…I’m gonna be 17 on the 29th *high-fives all of you fellow novemberites(?!?!)*

@banana-peacock-warrior

Ooooh, nice one!!!

And also, Cadenza is pretty funny lol!!!

Would you rather be a dolphin or an eagle for three days?

Max: Uh…oh…um…Eagle. Yep, I have always wanted to know what it would be like to fly….

Alexa: Oh, definitely eagle.

Max: Copycat.

Alexa: What? Flying sounds great! But you’d probably be a flightless eagle. *smirks* Remember last summer? And that tall shed roof? *coughs to hide chuckle* And your cardboard wings?

Max: *scowls* Yeah, you don’t have to remind me… I still have bruises.

Alexa: Yeah right! Anyway, an eagle would be great.

Max: I’ll go with a dolphin then…

Miss Dotty Sellam: *grimaces* I get motion sickness…

Would your character rather risk their best friend’s life to defeat the villain or not and let the villain run rampant in their city?

Max: Um…Well I am my best friend.

Alexa: Max!

Max: Ok, Ok. You’re my best friend cause you’re my sister and my only friend etc… I wouldn’t risk your life because then you’d do all the exciting stuff. Let the villain run rampant. I’ll just go fight him myself.

Alexa: You would still be risking my life because I would have to come rescue you. Beside’s that wasn’t an option. *pauses* I know that you would want me to risk your life so I guess my choice was made for me.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Austin. I would risk my best friend’s life for our people. I know that is what he’d want.

James: *gulps* yep…that’s right.

Bea: My best friend is already dead. Because of me. And it didn’t do any good as far as I can see.

Ok, new question 🙂

Would your character rather be trapped on the top of a mountain or in an underground cavern?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 256 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest