fb

Would Your Character Rather. . .

Forums Fiction Characters Would Your Character Rather. . .

Viewing 14 posts - 481 through 494 (of 494 total)
  • Author
    Ari Austin
    @amaustin

Would you rather snitch on your best friend for a crime they committed or go to gaol for the crime they committed?

Elsie: Julia would never commit a crime, but if she did, I would rather go to gaol for her than tell on her. I’m sure it would be for a good reason.

Ian: *looks at Elsie* I would rather go to jail for you than tell on you…

Elsie: *looks around and frantically blushes* I didn’t mean… I – uh-

Liam: *ignores the awkward situation suddenly created* I would tell on him, no questions asked. I would even help track him down.

Elsie: I’m sorry you had to do that for real Liam. *is secretly glad she doesn’t have to talk to Ian*

Jewel: I’m confused. Why would I tell on my friend? The government is evil? The crime committed is for a good cause? We are both equally guilty? I would never snitch on my cousin.

Tyler (whose name might change): Not that I intend to like, make things awkward like Ian did, but you are kind of my only friend Jewel, so… But I agree, I would rather go to jail for you than help the government.

Anthony: Um, Jewel, I have to agree with you guys. It isn’t that I want to fit in with everyone, but we kind of are committing ‘crimes’ on purpose, and I would never drag you down with me.

New question: Would you rather be allergic to vegetables or cats? (both are considered evil by some so… I’m going to pretend they go together 🙂 )

Right is right though all condemn, and wrong is wrong though all approve.

Dakota
    @dakota

Would you rather be allergic to vegetables or cats?

Dayton: *snorts in disgust* “Good-grief!! I am getting sick and tired of these dumb questions. I won’t answer this.”

Alan: “oOH! Good question! *thinks* “Veggies. They’re nasty. And if you have to rescue cats from trees, being allergic to them would NOT be good.”

Rob: *gives me another one of those looks* “I . . .  think I’ll pass on this one too.”

Jim: *scratches the his jaw, looking amused* “Rather be allergic to cats. Not ’round ’em much, at least not the domestic ones.”

Megyn: *laughs* “If I was allergic to cats, I would probably end up in the hospital. They lurk in every corner of my house. I guess I’ll pick being allergic to vegetables.”

Would you rather be feared or respected?

Dayton: *ponders* “I suppose I would rather be respected. Being feared entails you’re involved in illegal actions or in a position of excessive power, which I am neither.”

Alan: “Uhh  . . . Hmm . . . being feared would be fun . . .sort of. *thinks a little more* “I guess I’d rather just be respected. Though there isn’t much respectable about me.”

Rob: “Respected.”

Jim: “Yep. Don’t like folks bein’ afraid of me at all.” *looks sad*

Megyn: *nods* “I agree. And if others are afraid of you, you can’t reach out and love them as well, maybe not at all. And spreading the Gospel would become much more difficult.”

Would you rather it be forever spring, or forever autumn?

Dayton: *rolls her eyes* “Good grief. Forever fall. It’s colder. ”

Alan: “Uhh . . . Ok, I get it. I’ll pick spring. With all the rain, you get to go mudding!!”

Rob: *shrugs* “Don’t really have a preference.”

Jim: *thinks a moment” “Guess I’d rather it to be forever spring. Things will keep growing and that will be better for the wildlife.”

Megyn: *cocks her head, pondering* “Really this is a hard choice for me. I love both seasons very much . . . *drifts off for a moment* “But I suppose I’d have to agree with Jim.”

Would you rather drink only tea or coffee for the rest of your life?

Dayton: *rolls her eyes again* “Coffee.”

Alan: *grins* “It’d be a welcome change for you to do that. You’re so pushy about us drinking water all the time!!”

Dayton: *snorts*

Alan: “But I hate coffee. Guess I’ll take tea, as long as it’s ICED tea.”

Rob: “Coffee.”

Jim: “Coffee is alright, but I think I’d rather have to have tea.”

Megyn: *nods* “Me too.”

New Question: Would you rather be jailed or exiled?

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Sam M
    @sam-m

Would you rather snitch on your best friend for a crime they committed or go to gaol for the crime they committed?

Judah: I think it would depend on a lot of different factors. Like what the crime was, how long the sentence was, and whether I thought they would survive jail or prison… *glances at Kaz and thinks about how he’ll do in prison* I think I’d rather be incarcerated for his crime.

Kaz: I would go to prison to protect them.

Frankie: I think I’d go to jail for her.

Would you rather be feared or respected?

Jordan: Respected.

Lauren: Respected.

Kaz: I want to say respected, but…I think it depends on who the person is.

Travis: Feared. Depending… I’d want my enemies to fear me, but innocent people to respect me, I guess.

Frankie: I guess I’d rather be respected. I don’t want to add any more fear to the world.

Judah: Um…respected.

Dante: Why can’t I have both? I’m just saying. Sometimes I want one and sometimes I want the other. Sometimes I want them both at the same time.

Would you rather drink only tea or coffee for the rest of your life?

Judah: Coffee.

Lauren: Hmm…tea.

Jordan: Why is hot chocolate not an option?

Would you rather be jailed or exiled?

Kaz: *drags a hand down his face* I guess I would choose jail. Then I could eventually finish my sentence and be able to visit my family and friends, as opposed to never being able to come back here. Of course, that assumes that I’m still alive at that point.

Jordan: Exiled where? That seems like important information. Can I be exiled to Hawaii? Because then I would choose exile.

Dante: As much as those both sound like lovely options, um…jail. I’d just break out.

Judah: Prison or jail? If it’s just a few nights in jail, then I’d choose that. But if we’re talking about decades in prison… I think I’d choose exile. I don’t want to go back to prison. Ever.

New Question: Would your rather be a sports star or win a Nobel prize?

Ari Austin
    @amaustin

Liam: Jailed. I’ve been exiled and it’s so much worse.

Elsie: Because I was around when Liam was basically exiled, I’d rather be jailed too.

Ian and Liam: No.

Ian: You can’t be jailed because you would never make it! You should definitely be exiled instead. I would come with you.

Liam: As much as I hate to admit it, Ian is right. I chose jail because I have the training to survive. I mean this in the best way, but you kind of scream for protection by being alive. It’s adorable, and absolutely not safe.

Ian: *glares at Liam as he calls Elsie adorable* I mean, I choose exile, and nothing would make me happier than for you to come too…

Elsie: *squeaks and shuffles awkwardly*

Isabell: Exile. It would almost be nice to never have to see this place again.

Sunjay: I mean, it’s not like I wanted to go to jail, but now I have to go into exile too. Thanks for making that decision for me Bell. We both know you would get lonely, and I couldn’t visit you for years if I didn’t go with you.

Would you rather be a sports star or win a Nobel prize?

Elsie: uh… what if I don’t want to be famous? I guess I’d choose the Nobel prize because it would mean I actually did something, while I would probably get injured or age really fast as a sports star. I could have my five seconds of glory and then retire with a cool story.

Ian: You make a valid point but… I would rather be a sports star. I’d be so I shape and I could be a role model and I could afford to take you on the trip you always wanted.

Elsie: You’re already in shape.

Ian: But I would be so much more in shape.

Elsie: *rolls eyes*

Liam: No surprise here, but I’d rather be a sports star. It would give me really good cover to get into interesting places…

Elsie: You wouldn’t need to keep your other job anymore.

Liam: Wild horses couldn’t drag me away from it.

Jewel: I want the prize. Because it means I’m the best at something, not just good.

Kaeden: Okay… I don’t think it really means you are the best, but… I would want the prize too because it means less exercise. And way less pressure and stress.

Anthony: Guys, I don’t have time for either. Unless you can get a Nobel for greatest lawyer, which I certainly am not, I have no chance at either.

Jewel: That’s not how this works.

Anthony: Well… I don’t have time for you to explain it, nor do you have time to explain it. Will you both please come and help me get these people a safe house? We are running out of time.

Jewel: sorry. I’ll get right on that. A suggestion though? more sleep, less coffee. You are crabby

New question: Would you rather listen to only one song of your choosing for the rest of your life or never be able to listen to any song more than once ever?

Right is right though all condemn, and wrong is wrong though all approve.

Dakota
    @dakota

Dayton: *nostrils flare* “I will not be jailed; give me exile. No one would be able to catch me.”

Alan: *innocently* “Nobody?”

Dayton: *levels him with her glare* “Nobody.”

Jim: *cocks an eyebrow at her with the slightest smirk on his face* *fortunately she didn’t notice*

Alan: “My turn? Uhh . . . I guess I’d rather be jailed. At least I wouldn’t be out in the middle of nowhere somewhere with nobody.”

Rob: “Exile. You don’t have to stay there you know.”

Alan: “Ooh, I didn’t think of that!!”

Jim: *has been trying not to look disturbed* “I’d – I’d rather not do either one . . . but I reckon I’d rather be exiled.”

Megyn: *ponders a moment* “I think I would rather be exiled. There would be freedom to roam and to reach out to people I wouldn’t be able to if jailed.”

Dayton: “Hmph. The Nobel prize.”

Alan: “What would I win a Nobel prize for? Just the word ‘noble’ rules me out. I’ll be a sports star.”

Rob: “Nobel prize.”

Jim: “I don’t really care for fame at’tall.

Megyn: “The Nobel Prize.”

Would you rather listen to only one song of your choosing for the rest of your life or never be able to listen to any song more than once ever?

Dayton: *glares at me* “You know I don’t listen to music. *before I can reply* “So I will never be able to listen to a song more than once.”

Alan: “Oh, boy! A tough one. Uhh . . . Well, I guess I’d want to hear my favorite song as many times as I would want to . . . now to pick that one song I can listen now.”

Rob: “Only one song for the rest of my life.”

Jim: “Well, I reckon I’d have to agree with Alan.”

Megyn: *looks very torn* “As a music lover, this is hard. But I guess I’ll pick not being able to listen a song more than once. After all, I should be able to remember the song and sing it any time I want to.”

New Question: Would you rather have a white Christmas but spend it alone or have a muddy Christmas with all your best friends?

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@dakota @amaustin @sam-m @arindown

Alright, alright I’m emerging from my hobbit hole now. LOL 😆

Willie: Hmm. . . Being exiled could be interesting. I guess I’d rather be exiled than be in jail.

Jordan: Wow. I’ve already spent a night in jail. Ehh it was okay. Exile would be nice.

Judah: I’ve already sorta been exiled once. . . though not exactly. . . and I’ve almost been put in jail. I guess I’d rather be exiled. That’s more “romantic”

Zythe: I’ve had both happen. I’d rather not go back to either.

Willie: Neither really. I don’t really want to be famous.

Jordan: Well. Seeing that I could never do either–

Me: Jordan stop it! You could totally be a basketball star.

Jordan: Whatever. Sure. I don’t care.

Judah: OOoh fame and fortune! I’m not the greatest at sports though and unless there’s a Nobel Prize for weirdness. . .

Zythe: I don’t even know what those things are. . . I like sports, but I can’t possibly be a star. . . this is confusing.

Would you rather have a white Christmas but spend it alone or have a muddy Christmas with all your best friends?

Willie: Muddy Christmas. Mud’s more fun than snow anyway.

Jordan: WHO CARES??!! When you don’t have friends and there’s concrete all around you anyway what does it matter?

Judah: *looks nervously at Jordan* yikes! Umm. Muddy Christmas for sure.

Zythe: What’s Christmas?

New Question: Would you rather be a sleepwalker or never be able to sleep?

Sold souls and dead promises

Sam M
    @sam-m

Would you rather be a sleepwalker or never be able to sleep?

Judah: I’d rather be a sleepwalker. I’m already a borderline insomniac and I’d rather it not get worse. Besides, the trouble I’d get into could hardly be worse than the stuff I get into when I’m awake.

Lauren: Sleepwalker. That could be interesting.

Kaz: Ugh. I’d hate to be a sleepwalker, but I’d still prefer that to dying of exhaustion.

New Question: Would you rather live your greatest dream, but be disliked by almost everybody, or give up on your dream and be super popular?

Dakota
    @dakota

Whoa . . . this thread has died. Let’s throw a little life back in here.

Would you rather have a white Christmas but spend it alone or have a muddy Christmas with all your best friends?

Dayton: “I have no preference, since I have no friends. As long as I have my sons, the weather is little significance.”

Alan: “Whoa!! I’d want a white Christmas, but if I have to spend it alone, I’ll just have a mud ball war instead of a snowball fight. I mean, what’s the good of having one with yourself?”

Rob: *keeps a very straight face.* “Doesn’t particularly matter.”

Jim: *looks very lonely*”Muddy Christmas.”

Megyn: “A muddy Christmas with friends will be far more meaningful than the most beautiful white Christmas alone.”

Dayton: “A sleep walker. One must get enough sleep.”

Alan: “Ooh, a sleep walker!!”

Rob: *shrugs* “Suppose a sleep walker.”

Jim: *expression changes to troubled* “I guess a sleepwalker.”

Megyn:  “I  . . . I am a sleepwalker. And I’ve seen sleepless nights. I guess I’d rather sleepwalk . . . ”

Would you rather live your greatest dream, but be disliked by almost everybody, or give up on your dream and be super popular?

Dayton: *Snorts* “I don’t care to be popular. Give me my dreams and let them think what they will think.”

Alan: “Uhh . . . I don’t have a greatest dream. I’d rather have friends. And, being popular for once would be fun.”

Rob: *thinks a moment* “I’d rather have neither. Have no dreams and don’t care to be popular.”

Jim: “Reckon I’d . . .*swallows* “rather have some friends. Got no dreams anyway.”

Megyn: “My greatest dream . . . *ponders a moment* “I’d rather give up my dreams to minister to people and be their friend. I don’t care about being popular; I care about people.”

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

Lonan: I… would… rather… have a muddy Christmas with friends. But… I’ve never seen snow and I don’t have any friends, so I’m not sure I’m qualified to answer.

Altan: I have seen snow, buddy, and I’d rather spend a holiday with you in the muck than look at that freezing slop any day.

Nilam: I would rather have a white Christmas alone. *runs off to make snowmen, snow angles, snow puppies, snow everything*

Lonan: I’d rather sleepwalk. That way I get rest and exercise at the same time.

Altan: No thank you. I would rather be awake for my walking.

Nilam: Ohh… let’s change it up and try sleepwalking. I’m tired of not sleeping… or at least I’m not tired, but I don’t want to do it anymore.

Would you rather live your greatest dream, but be disliked by almost everybody, or give up on your dream and be super popular?

Lonan: I want to be super popular. Then someone might care that I gave up my dream.

Altan: Ouch. I’d rather live my greatest dream… if I had one.

Nilam: You guys are sad. Pathetic. Hopeless. I’m running out of synonyms.

Lonan: You never answered the question.

Nilam: I know.

Altan: So..?

Nilam: Think about how much you like me and you might find out.

Lonan: Have fun living your dream.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Sam M
    @sam-m

Judah: I’d rather live the dream.

Kaz: *mumbling* I knew you would say that. *rubs his forehead as he thinks* I don’t know…I guess, I’d rather live my dream too.

Dante: I’d rather be a dream-liver too.

Frankie: Same.

New Question: Would you rather be a space pirate or a time-traveler?

Dakota
    @dakota

Would you rather be a space pirate or a time-traveler?

Dayton: *ponders the question bit more serious this time* “A space pirate.”

Alan: “Oh yeah!! That would be awesome. I’m a HUGE fan of sci-fi!”

Rob: “Time traveler.”

Jim: “Yup. Time traveler.”

Megyn: *eyes sparkling* “I’ve always dreamed of time travel . . .”

Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Would you rather be a space pirate or a time-traveler?</p>
    Camreigh: As a time traveler I can safely conclude that I want to be a space pirate.

Rayne: The stars are nice but…you can go up there?

Judas: Popularity means nothing to me if I’m rich and Soviet’s dead.

Soviet: …

Nathan: I’d rather have insomnia.

Corin: I’d rather sleepwalk. It’s creepy.

Clover: …I see that you both want what you don’t have.

Aven: A white Christmas alone is all that I need.

Riluo: He just doesn’t want to admit he has no friends.

New question: Would you rather stay 10 forever or have very bad bones?

"I set a melody upon the scenery I saw outside my window;
    It's beginning in my spacy world."
    - TK

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

Would you rather stay 10 forever or have very bad bones?

Erik: Being 10 forever would be awesome…kids always have more fun.

Laurel: You’re practically ten anyway, Erik. At least, you act like it. *pushes him out of kitchen*

New Question: Would you rather have magical powers, or be close to someone who did?

Not all who wander are lost.

Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting

Would you rather have magical powers, or be close to someone who did?

Rolo: I’d rather have magical powers so I can protect my master more than hinder him…

Aven: I’ll keep my powers, thanks.

New question: Would you rather be faceless or shapeless?

"I set a melody upon the scenery I saw outside my window;
    It's beginning in my spacy world."
    - TK

Viewing 14 posts - 481 through 494 (of 494 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest