Would Your Character Rather. . .

Forums Fiction Characters Would Your Character Rather. . .

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 460 total)
  • Author
    Dakota
    @dakota

Would you rather be the cowboy that rides the bull or the clown that distracts the bull?

Dayton: *snorts* “Good grief.” *rolls her eyes and sighs* “The cowGIRL who rides the bull.”

Alan: “The Clown! That would be SO much fun!”

Rob: *raises eyebrow at me* “You know I have very little experience in that business.”

ME: Yeah, but still, just give a preference.

Rob: “The cowboy, then.”

Jim: *without hesitation, while getting a little sparkle in his eyes* “The cowboy. Be fun to bust some bulls again.”

Megyn: *laughs a little* “The cowboy, or cowgirl in my case.”

Would your character(s) rather die young to save another, or of old age? 

Dayton: *with a twinge of passion* “Saving people is my life. I’d rather die doing that than waste away of old age somewhere.”

Alan: “Uhh . . . yeah, me too. I don’t like the thought of getting old anyway.”

Rob: *nods* “Not very young anymore, but I’d rather die saving someone else.”

ME: Hush, you’re only 32.

Jim: *nods in agreement with Rob*

Megyn: *nods seriously* “Me too.”

New question: When in a bad mood, would you rather be left alone or have someone to cheer you up?

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@kimlikesart

Jered: Die young to save another I would think!

Marrill: Yeah…I would love to be heroic and save people but I think I’d want to do it without dying…

New Question: Would your character rather eat just meat for a month or just fruit? Yeah, that’s a stupid question I know lol! I couldn’t think of anything else lol!!

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! 😉

Beth Darlene
      @beth20

@dakota

Ohhh sorry lol!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Beth Darlene. Reason: didn't tag right

Dakota
        @dakota

@beth20

It’s okay! 🙂 LOL

Gracie
        @kimlikesart

When in a bad mood, would you rather be left alone or have someone to cheer you up?

Teagen: If someone would come and complain with me, I’d like them to come. (Not knowing some hard truth is what he needs.)

Lawrence: ‘Uh, I’d want to be alone.’

Elsie: ‘I’d want someone.’

Waneebi: ‘My wife. No other.’

Omaru: ‘Yes, my wife. She is amazing. in the past she’s placed our son in my arms then leaned against me, and let me speak… She’s amazing.’

Lucky: ‘I’m not against someone feeling sorry for me. I might enjoy someone caring enough to cheer me up.’

Zicari: *Gets a kind of sad look* ‘I’d want someone. I,..” and trails off. (I recently made his wife die, so, yeah.)

Would your character rather eat just meat for a month or just fruit?

Teagen: ‘Meat. Definitely.’

Lawrence: ‘Here, I will choose fruit.’

Elsie: ‘Oh, I’d chose meat. It, it just tastes better.’

Waneebi: ‘Meat, even though I’d have to hunt. Hunting is half my life.’

Omaru: ‘Meat, definitely.’ *winks at Teagen* ‘I wouldn’t give up hunting, and I won’t dare skip out on the meals Shina cooks.’

Lucky: ‘Well, do clams count for meat?’

Zicari: ‘Meat.’

New Question:

Would you rather save the one you love most from dying, or a thousand you’ve never met?

Jominkreesa

Passion means to be willing to suffer.

Beth Darlene
          @beth20

@kimlikesart

Question: Would you rather save the one you love most from dying, or a thousand you’ve never met?

Jered: A thousand people I’ve never met. I’m not very close to anyone. But I think it would be selfish to save only one person.

Marrill: How would that be selfish. I would save the one I love most!!

Jaylin: A thousand people. I don’t love anyone…that’s not true. But I like being dramatic!

Tim: This is a way to hard question to answer!! *goes into the corner to think on it*

New Question: Would your character rather, marry their distant cousin? Or their best friend? 

Gracie
            @kimlikesart

@beth20

Teagen: ‘Uh…’ Heartbeat quickens. ‘I’m not going to marry at all. I don’t know any of my cousins, close or otherwise. I also have no ‘friends’ exactly.’

Lawrence: ‘My best friend is my professor, a male. So, that wouldn’t work, and please don’t argue with me on that. A distant cousin, since I have plenty girls in that category, of basically any age I choose. I’m sure one of them is decent.’

Elsie: ‘My best friend, who, well, I’m already married to.’

Waneebi: ‘A cousin. I never associated with women until I formally met my wife a few hours before our wedding. She actually is a cousin.’

Omaru: *Blushes slightly* ‘A cousin. I was not friends with any girls, ever, until after I married. Now we’re confidants and so much more than bestfriends.

Lucky: ‘Hah! I guess a bestfriend.’ (He’s been married three times already.)

Zicari: *Sighs*, (again, he just lost his wife to eternity), ‘A best friend, if I were to marry again.’

Would you rather have a string of real diamonds that appeared fake, or fake diamonds that looked real?

Jominkreesa

Sam M
              @sam-m

@kimlikesart

Gracie’s Question: Would you rather have a string of real diamonds that appeared fake, or fake diamonds that looked real?

Dante: Hmmm….maybe the fake diamonds. And maybe I could find whoever made them and hire him to do some work for me.

Frankie: Real, so that I could sell them for money, if I needed to.

New Question: Would you rather be thrown fifty years into the future (and stuck there) or instantly age fifty years (with no way to reverse it)?

Gracie
              @kimlikesart

Would you rather be thrown fifty years into the future (and stuck there) or instantly age fifty years (with no way to reverse it)?

Teagen: ‘Duh, I’m not going to be sixty-five in one second, sorry. Fifty years in the future.’

Lawrence: ‘Fifty years in the future. Who knows all the discoveries that have been made!? Then again, I won’t be able to be the one who discovered them… But if I age fifty years, I might not have time to make discoveries…’ Long, thoughtful silence. (Teagen gives a rude prod), ‘My first answer. I have more time that way.’

Elsie: ‘But, what about my family?’ (Teagen rolls his eyes, and Lawrence is still trembling from the last question). ‘I, I couldn’t leave them. My, my parents without a miricle will be dead in fifty years,.. I, I couldn’t abandon them that way, not to save my youth.’

Teagen: ‘It’s also a question of adventure.’ (Elsie gives him a quick hard look, though without malice…is she even capable of malice?)

Waneebi: ‘I would age the fifty years. I will look the same at that age, wait, no. Erase what I said. A new angle has just come to me. I cannot be fifty, unless I have spent fifty years upon this earth. Meaning, that the questions will end up with the same resul,.. Wait, no, no they won’t. The first option leaves me fifty, the second leaves me seventy-one. I’ll go with the first option, yes. I would age the fifty years.’

Omaru: (His brows still lifted, and face blank after Waneebi’s speel…) ‘Uh,’ swallow, ‘Yeah, okay, I’d be fifty, or,’ (clears his throat) ‘Excuse me, sixty-six years old then. I’d still be able to watch my son grow up, though I might not be able to have any more children… Maybe I should ask my wife…’

Teagen: ‘Man, you guys are thinking about this way too much…’

Zicari: (Sighs, and stares with pity on Teagen)

Lucky: ‘The second. The first would kill me.’ (He’s sixty-three)

Zicari: (Lucky looks to him, and the young man snaps from his reverie and thoughts about his project: Teagen.) ‘I would stay here…now. Except for the fact that I’d be useless as an old man at this point. I hold no wisdom. I should jump forward.’

(Humble looks from a few who listened to Zicari. Teagen (though listening) looks away.)

@sam-m
                @beth20

Would you rather be poor but help people, or become incredibly rich by hurting people?

Jominkreesa

Dakota
                @dakota

Wow! you guys are bring this thread back to life!! 🙂

Tagging some that might want to join back in. Don’t have to if you don’t want to: @naiya-dyani @anne_the_noob14

When in a bad mood, would you rather be left alone or have someone to cheer you up?

Dayton: “By all means, leave me alone! I can’t stand people trying to look on the brighter side of midnight!”

Alan: “All I need to do is go find Jack. He’ll cheer me right up!”

Dayton: *sourly* “What if HE’S in a bad mood?”

Alan: *blank moment* “Uhh . . . then someone else could come and cheer me up. Or I could watch some funny cat videos.”

Rob: “Depends on how they go about it.”

Jim: “Most of the time, I go off alone anyways. But if someone wanted to come after me, that-“*swallows hard* “That would nice.”

Megyn: “Someone cheering me up would be nice, but some moods you just need to be alone with the Father to get over.”

Would you rather be thrown fifty years into the future (and stuck there) or instantly age fifty years (with no way to reverse it)?

Dayton: *snorts* “Throw me fifty years into the future. I can’t run this force at 84 years old!!!”

Alan: “Umm. Dayton, don’t you have to be an old lady either way?

Dayton: “Depends on how you look at the question!”

Alan: “Okay . . .  uhh,  I think I would be thrown ahead fifty years, as long as I don’t have to be an old man!!”

Rob: *Looks slightly disturbed* “I’ll opt out of responding.”

Jim: *stares at the wall, thinking* “Thinking ’bout it, being old would be a good ruse. Nobody would know-*stops as though he just realized something* “me. *thinks a moment, looking troubled* *Sets his jaw* “I’ll go with that.”

Megyn: *laughs* “I’m not sure what to say. I don’t mind suddenly getting old, but that would probably be disturbing to those around me. I suppose I’ll go forward fifty years.”

Would you rather be poor but help people, or become incredibly rich by hurting people?

Dayton: “I could never make it my livelihood to hurt people. I’ll be poor.”

Alan: *nonchalantly* “Yeah, me too. People are a lot cuter than hunks of gold and dollar bills anyway.”

Rob: *gives Alan a ‘raised eyebrow’ look* “I’ll be poor and not only help but also protect people.”

Jim: *nods in agreement* “And that forever.”

Megyn: *nods* “Poor in the things of this world but rich in things that matter.”

Would your character rather, marry their distant cousin? Or their best friend? 

Dayton: *very vehement*”I would NEVER again marry anyone!! Never!”

Alan: *awkwardly* “Uhh . . . I don’t know. . .  I guess my distant cousin since my best friend is a guy and that’s just-weird.”

Rob: *raises his eyebrow at me* “Don’t really have a ‘best friend’ and don’t know my cousins? Any further questions?”

Jim: *looks sadly at the wall* “Would pick my best friend, ‘cept the one I have right now is a horse and – anyone else -isn’t around anymore.”

Megyn: *quietly* “I have no family, so I’m left with the second option.” *glances over in the direction of  @emberynus-the-dragonslayer ‘s characters*

Would you rather save the one you love most from dying, or a thousand you’ve never met?

Dayton: *stiffens* “That’s not an easy choice . . .  but I couldn’t lose my boys. I must let the rest go for them.”

Alan: “Uhh . . . *blinks* “That’s . . . That’s too hard.”

Rob: *swallows and looks very grim* “I can’t pick one or the other. I would do both . . . but I know which one my client would have me choose. The one I can’t.”

Jim: *swallows very hard* “I – I can’t the one I loved most. I’ll save everyone else.”

Megyn: *slowly inhales* “I’d want to do what I could for the one I loved most . . .  but – to know all those others died . . . and knowing what he’d want me to do. . . *covers her face a moment* *breathes cryishly* *lifts her head* “I would have to save the thousand. Some of them would not be saved from eternal death if I didn’t.”

New question: Would you rather be told an uncomfortable truth or a comforting lie?

Gracie
                @kimlikesart

Would you rather be told an uncomfortable truth or a comforting lie?

Teagen: ‘Uh, depends on the lie. If, I’m like, gonna die… I’d want to know so I could go do crazy stunts I’ve been too scared to do. Other than that, let their tongues fly.’

Lawrence: *His brows lift as his eyes stare at Teagen’s face. Then he clears his throat,* ‘Generally I prefer the truth… But there has to be evidence.’

Waneebi: ‘Ah, evidence is the enemy of belief.’

Lawrence: ‘What?’

Waneebi: ‘I’d want the truth, always.’ *The man chooses to ignore the science geek, even though he could easily finish the thought.*

Lucky: ‘Despite my better judgment, I think I fall in with Teagen. I would want the lie, unless I was about to die…Get my affairs and life in order you know,’

Waneebi: ‘What makes you think the knowledge of your ensuing death would change your heart?’ (Waneebi’s in a strangely talkative mood)

Lucky: ‘What?’ *Gives Waneebi a strange look which the man also ignores.*

Elsie: ‘I, I,’ *Glances to the faces surrounding her, but especially Zicari and Omaru. (Though Taegen tried to maintain her gaze)* ‘I suppose the truth. Though hard to hear, and my whole body would rather hear gentle lies, the truth my mind tells me, is the best option.’ *Teagen smirks*

Teagen: ‘That what Zicari told you to say?’ *Omaru jumps to his feet, hand on his spear. Zicari calls him back with a word, but the warrior does not like to let Zicari’s shunned honor slide so easily*

Omaru: ‘The truth. Always.’ *Glaring like a bear into Teagen’s bristling eyes. Teagen’s whole body tenses, itching to start the fight, though he tries not to show it.*

(Zicari would choose the truth, though he really says nothing)

@beth20
                  @everyone

Would you rather be able to see 10 minutes into your own future or 10 minutes into the future of anyone but yourself?

Jominkreesa

Mayacat
                  @mayacat

Tamaa: I’m still an underdeveloped characters so…. *pointed look at me*

Me: Tamaa, we’ve gone over this. Can you please just let the other characters answer the question if you won’t?

Anchor: I know it sounds kind of horrible, but I’d save the one I love most instead of a thousand people

Rose: I agree.

Agust: I don’t have family or people I love anymore, so I guess I’d save a thousand people.

Ruby: I’d also save the thousand people, sorry bro

Winter: *deep sigh*

Ruby: I’d get stuck fifty years into the future. I mean, I’m already technically a hundred and fifty into the future, why not just round off the next century?

Winter: I agree with my brother.

Eos: I also agree with Ruby. I’m not sure anyone would want to age fifty years in a moment.

Would you rather be told an uncomfortable truth or a comforting lie?

Gold: I’d tell an uncomfortable truth. Honesty is always the better option than deception. *thinks hard* Well… almost always. But that’s kind of irrelevant to the question.

Thyme: Depending on the circumstances, I’d probably tell a comforting lie, especially if I’m comforting a young child.

Would you rather be able to see 10 minutes into your own future or 10 minutes into the future of anyone but yourself? 

Noctis: I’d see into the future of someone else. I think it could be really interesting.

Jangji: I’d see into my own future for ten minutes. I want to see how cute I am.

Sulli: Me too!

Me: *sigh* why are you two so self-centered?

Jangji: It’s called healthy self-love!

Me: whatever…

Another New Question: Would your character rather be colorblind, or born without a sense of taste and/or smell?

“YES!” Kami and Anchor yelled, much to Moon’s chagrin. “PIZZA NIGHT!”

Gracie
                    @kimlikesart

@mayacat I really like the name Anchor. Does ‘Tamaa’ have a meaning? Did you draw your profile picture?

Would your character rather be colorblind, or born without a sense of taste and/or smell?

Teagen: ‘Hmm, I would be colorblind. I would still have five senses, just without color. My favorite sense is smell, and my second is taste…couldn’t give those up.’

Lawrence: *chews his lower lip thoughtfully,* ‘I’d be colorblind too.’

Waneebi: ‘I as well.’

Elsie: ‘I’m not an artist or anything, so, yeah, I’d be colorblind.’

Lucky: ‘It seems we might be unanimous for once…’ *Tempted to go the other way just because…*

(The question is posed once more to Omaru and Zicari.)

Zicari: ‘Teagen’s logic is sound. I would be colorblind.’

Omaru: *nods* ‘I as well.’

Would you rather go back to age 5 with everything you know now or know now everything your future self will learn?

Jominkreesa

Mayacat
                      @mayacat

@kimlikesart  Thank you!

Anchor was one of those characters who kind of named herself, so I went along with it lol

Tamaa actually means ‘desire’ in Swahili. And on of my friends drew my profile picture. It’s one of my OG characters named, Blake. 🙂

Would you rather go back to age 5 with everything you know now or know now everything your future self will learn? 

Tamaa: I think I would choose knowing everything my future self would learn, that way I can try to avoid making decisions that could damage my team.

Felix: *using sign language to communicate with Rose, who’s telling me what to type* I think I’d go back to five years old with all of my current knowledge. That way I have the opportunity to learn twice as much.

Rose: I agree with Felix. What about you, Zico?

Zico: I think I’d also go back to five years old, especially since I could relive a peaceful childhood.

“YES!” Kami and Anchor yelled, much to Moon’s chagrin. “PIZZA NIGHT!”

Sam M
                        @sam-m

@kimlikesart

Shark: The first one.

Stranger: I’d rather be poor and help others. I don’t see much point in being rich and cruel. That sounds miserable.

Kaz: I’d rather be poor and kind towards others.

Lauren: Me too.

Travis: Fine. I guess I’d be one of you heroic souls.

Dante (at least, what he might say if he was being kind of honest): Well, this is awkward, but what can I say? I was born to be great. So, yeah. I’ll take being rich. People would suffer either way, right? I might as well prosper.

Dante: Go back, obviously. I mean, sure I’m a genius now. But why stop there? I could be a prodigy. (Real reason he won’t admit: so he can save his cousin’s life…).

Stranger: I’d go back too. (To save his parents, his friend, his aunt…he’s lost a lot of people to the same enemy).

Lauren: Yeah.

Jordan: I’d want to know now what my future self would learn.

New Question: Would you rather know thirty languages fluently or be a math adn science genius?

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 460 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest