fb

Would Your Character Rather. . .

Forums Fiction Characters Would Your Character Rather. . .

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 500 total)
  • Author
    Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@naiya-dyani Oh, Thanks! 🙂

Sold souls and dead promises

Dakota
    @dakota

Would your character rather lose the one person most important to them, or lose everyone else they love?

Dayton: *bites her lips and clenches her fingers together* “I couldn’t lose Jaden and Shane. I would insist on keeping them BOTH!! Everyone else must go.”

Alan: “Uhh . . .I don’t want to be HEARTLESS or anything. . . but I don’t have someone I just can’t live without. So let everyone live PLEASE!!”

Jim: *jaw tightens and tears build up in the corners of his eyes. Says through clenched teeth* “Can’t answer this. I just can’t.”

Megyn: *been pressing her lips together tight and clasping her fingers tightly around her knee* ” I -I *voice breaks and she is silent for a few moments* “I – I can’t do either one. Those most important to me would be  willing to – to die for everyone else but I – couldn’t let – them. But to kill everyone else I love–” * looks from Francis to Judah to Hector  to Abner. Shuts her eyes and bows her head, trying not to cry*

Would your character rather live alone for the rest of their lives, but have the safety of their loved ones guaranteed,  or live among their loved ones for ten years before they all die?

Dayton: *grinds her teeth. Hisses to me* “Must you TORTURE me!” * to the question* “My boys must live and be safe, even if I never see them again.”

Alan: “Yeah, that’s the way it would have to be, even though I’d miss ’em . . . ”

Jim: * huskily* “Yep.”

Megyn: *sits with head bowed a moment* “I – I’d have to live away from them, no matter how lonely I’d be.” *lips tremble* “I just don’t know how Eirian would carry on without me.” *steals a glance at Hector and Abner*

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Would your character rather live alone for the rest of their lives, but have the safety of their loved ones guaranteed,  or live among their loved ones for ten years before they all die?

Judah: Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. *Sighs dramatically* I’ll live alone!

Francis: I would have to live alone-

Skye: My loved ones are dead.

Hector: I’ll live alone too. As long as they’re safe.

Abner: *shakily* yeah, same.

Would your character rather be a sidekick or a love interest in someone else’s story (someone else being a person of their choice)?

Francis: Sidekick

Skye: Wow. . .I-I could actually be someone’s love interest? *Looks at me* I’m picking that.

Judah: Love interest. That would be romantic. Wait- can this story like be real life? Cuz, well @banana-peacock-warrior is in real life and-

Me: uhhh, Judah.

Abner: um. I- *looks down at the floor* I- I don’t know.

Hector: Neither. unless in being a sidekick I could be a dog.

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

Alex: I’d live among my loved ones for ten years, every life must end. Right?

Jayden: I’d live alone to keep them safe.

Jane: I have loved ones?

Calin: Um, tough. I agree with both Alex and Jayden.

Introducing characters from a new WIP that I shouldn’t have started

Lonan: I’d like to meet my loved ones before they die.

Lloyd: I’d live alone.

Hari: *looks up from where he was talking with Calin* I’d live alone too. Could I live alone witg Lloyd?

Would your character rather be a sidekick or a love interest in someone else’s story (someone else being a person of their choice)?

Alex: *Gasps* A girl would love me?

Jayden: *rolls his eyes at his brother* Sidekick is better than love interest.

Jane: Sidekick all the way

Calin: I’ve always wanted to be a sidekick.

Lonan: I wish someone *glares at Lloyd* would accept me as their sidekick.

Lloyd: I think I am a love interest *stares at me with confusion and a bit of horror*

Hari: I am the perfect sidekick.

Would your character rather lose the one person most important to them, or lose everyone else they love?

Alex: I’ll take everyone else

Jayden: I just need the one person

Jane: I wish I had even one person

Calin: I’d need more than just one person to help me through the loss, so I’ll take everyone else.

Lonan: I’ve not done all this work just to have my sister die in my arms.

Lloyd: Everyone else, not saying who or why.

Hari: I need the most important.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

New Question: Would your character rather never be able to smile again or be forced to go around laughing like an idiot for the rest of their lives?

Judah: LAUGHING LIKE AN IDIOT!! YES!!!

Francis: yeah- I guess- but really? I don’t know Judah. I’m a singer– it would be difficult–

Skye: I’m not gonna smile. I don’t smile.

Hector: For the sake of the animals peace I will never smile.

Abner: NEVER smile. . . I- don’t think- I. . . I think I’d rather- laugh like an idiot. . . but constantly? That would get annoying to everyone- myself included!!! I’m not sure.

Sam M
    @sam-m

Question: Would your character rather never be able to smile again or be forced to go around laughing like an idiot for the rest of their lives?

Kaz: I guess I’d go with never smiling -the laughing like an idiot forever thing would be, well, embarrassing and awkward and, in my town, probably get me killed.

Judah: Yeah, I guess I’d agree with Kaz. My smile’s crooked, anyways. Oh, hey, would we still be able to laugh, but do so without smiling? Is that even possible? It would be really weird. Maybe I could wear a scarf around the lower part of my face and squint up my eyes so I look like I’m smiling…

Dante: Yeah. That’s what your would look like… I’d go with the permanent deranged laughter. I could definitely have some fun with that. Bwahahaha!

Kaz and Judah: Yep.

New Question: would your character rather never be able to touch another person or cry uncontrollably for three hours every day?

Dakota
    @dakota

Dayton: *snorts in disgust* “Make me a sidekick, PLEASE!! I WILL NOT be a love interest!!”

Alan: *grinning evilly* “But you’re already one!!”

Dayton: “YOU!!!” *snarls at him and shakes her fist*

ME: “Dayton, calm down. Alan, no more teasing.”

Alan: *to me* “Aww . . . man.” *after a moment of letting the question sink in* “Wow. I could be a love interest . . . I’m picking that one! Oh! I have to pick the story?? Yikes! Uhh . . . As long as it’s not a horror story!”

*Dayton rolls her eyes at him*

Jim: “Dunno . . . guess I’ll be the sidekick.

ME: WHY?

Jim: “Just ’cause. I’m not against people being love interest, but I just don’t need it. I’m good as I am.”

ME: *smiling knowing* “You’ll be changing your mind . . . soon enough.”

Megyn: “Hmm . . . To be honest, I am a sidekick of sorts already *smiles in Abner’s direction* . . . and a love interest. *blushes slightly*. Since I have to choose, I’ll choose the sidekick. I’d rather have just a friendship with someone I know that be in another world with a man I have never known being interested in me.”

Would your character rather never be able to smile again or be forced to go around laughing like an idiot for the rest of their lives?

Dayton: *snorts and rolls her eyes at both Judah and the question* “How stupid!!

Alan: “Oh! I can answer this one for you, Chief! You hardly smile as it is and you never laugh! I think seeing you laughing hysterically would be AWESOME!!”

Dayton: *glares poisonously at him* “If we weren’t with people with sensitive ears . . . *catches a glance from me and straightens her back* “I will have neither, thank you! How ridiculous!”

Alan: “Oh, well. I’ll laugh at you like an idiot all day long!”

Jim: “Be hard to get much done if you laughing like that all the time. Even though I don’t like it, I’ll go with not smiling. There’s other ways to show people you’re not a mean, snarly person.”

Megyn: “Yes, Jim, but to NEVER smile . . . I don’t think I can pick either one.”

Would your character rather never be able to touch another person or cry uncontrollably for three hours every day?
    Dayton: *shrugs carelessly* “I wouldn’t care if I ever touched another person again. I can care for my boys and do most of my work without personal contact.”

Alan: “I guess the rest of us be stuck with the job of carrying victims. As for me, uhh . . . As long as the crying would happen after I had gone to bed, I’ll choose that.”

Jim: “Hardly ever touch people, but what if I have to help someone? I’ll cry.”

Megyn: “Yes, I – I’d have to choose that.”

Would your character rather never be able to touch another person or cry uncontrollably for three hours every day?

Francis: umm. . . I don’t know. I guess I’ll never be able to touch someone. . . I don’t know if I could handle crying for three hours every day!!

Judah: Never touch someone?!! I’ll have to cry for three hours every day I guess.

Skye: never touch someone. . . I don’t want to anyway.

Hector: I’ll cry

Abner: *bites his lip* I- I’ll cry for three hours. . . I have to be able to hug my best friend when she cries.

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

Would your character rather never be able to smile again or be forced to go around laughing like an idiot for the rest of their lives?

Alex: I’ll Laugh like an idiot. Forever. Just to bother Jayden.

Jayden: I’m never smiling again.

Jane: I didn’t smile before

Calin: I’ll wait for Hari.

Lonan: I guess, I’d never smile.

Lloyd: I don’t need to smile. Now I don’t need to brush my teeth.

Hari: *laughs like an idot*

Calin: *laughs with Hari*

Alex: Can I cry? I don’t know.

Jayden: Um… This question makes me uncomfortable.

Jane: Deal with it.

Jayden: I’ll cry.

Jane: I don’t need to touch people. *shudders*

Calin: I think my friend Skye would let me cry with her. *whispers* her dad died.

Lonan: I want to be able to hug my sister when I find her. Whatever her name is. So I’ll cry, for hours, uncontrollably.

Lloyd: Can other people touch me? If they can, I’ll have to cry ’cause my fighting style is a bit violent.

Hari: I don’t have access to enough water to not get dehydrated when I cry for hours. So I’ll have to stop picking pockets.

Sam M
    @sam-m

Blaze: Hmmm…well, my gut reaction would be to laugh like an idiot, but I guess that would interfere with my listening to music and my trying to look normal for general society and sleeping and my not getting sent to an insane asylum and all that, so…I guess I’d never smile.

New Question: Would your character rather never have to eat again (and be nutritionally fine) or never need to breathe (but their heart keeps beating and all that)?

Would your character rather never have to eat again (and be nutritionally fine) or never need to breathe (but their heart keeps beating and all that)?

Francis: I guess I’d rather never have to eat again, as long as I could still eat when I wanted to.

Judah: Never have to breathe!! You couldn’t ever drown!!

Me: hmmm. Yeah!!

Skye: never have to eat

Hector: I’d rather not have to breathe.

Abner: yeah me too.

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

Would your character rather never have to eat again (and be nutritionally fine) or never need to breathe (but their heart keeps beating and all that)?

Alex: I don’t want to have to eat. It is a waste of time. I can breathe and do all sorts of stuff, but I have to take time to eat.

Jayden: *Holds breath*

Jane: *holds breath with Jayden*

Calin: I like eating, and if I didn’t have to eat I wouldn’t be hungry which would take all the fun out of eating. So I’ll take not breathing.

Lonan: For magic system reasons It would be awesome to not have to breathe.

Lloyd: If I didn’t have to eat I could give all my food away to those that need it.

Hari: I never want to eat again, there isn’t enough food to go around.

Dakota
    @dakota

Dayton: *sighs in exasperation* “Technically, that’s impossible nonsense!!

Alan: “Aw, c’mon Chief. Just pretend it IS possible.”

Dayton: “I am not a kindergartner, thank you!! But I will answer the question *sighs* Never having to breathe would be convenient.”

Alan: “Oh, yeah! We could minus the O2 tanks and mask when we went in to burning buildings! Being able to move around faster equals saving lives faster.”

Jim: “I’d not have to breathe.”

Megyn: *thinks a moment, then laughs a little and shrugs* “I guess I’ll take that one too. It’d make swimming a lot easier.”

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

New Questions: Would your character rather have to clean or cook?

Alex: Cook, that’s at least fun.

Jayden: Clean ’cause no one else does it.

Jane: I would rather clean because if I mess something up while I’m cooking some one could die.

Calin: But if you don’t do a good job cleaning someone could step on a lego.

Jane: *threateningly*If I left a lego on the floor I left it for them.

Calin: *takes a step back* I think cooking is better because people are happier when you do a good job.

Would your character rather be 4’5″ or 7’7″?

Lonan: I’d rather be 4’5″ because being tall takes a lot of energy.

Lloyd: I’d prefer to go unseen, so 4’5″

Hari: I AM A GIANT

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer, Poor Abner!

Rhioe: Is he okay??? Please tell me he’s okay, if he’s not. . . *starts hyperventilating*

Okay, since I’m on here so late, I’m just going to pick a few and go with them.

Would your character rather lose the one person most important to them or everyone else they love?

Kirat: *thinks hard* WHO SIGNED ME UP FOR THIS?!?!?! THIS WAS NOT PART OF MY CONTRACT!!!!

Jin: I’m sorry for his reaction, he’s mentally disturbed.
    Kirat: I’M NOT MENTALLY DISTURBED! I’M JUST WANTING TO KNOW WHY THE AUTHOR IS SO CRUEL!!!!!

Jin: *shakes head* I’m sorry. I don’t really have a person most important to me, so I guess I’ll have to go with the second one.

Rhioe: *shakes head at Kirat* I can’t imagine life without Kirito!

Author’s note: forgive Kirat’s reaction, he’s already lost the person most important to him.

Would your character rather lock themself up for 6 years or the person they love up for 3 years?

Kirat: *Dying inside* WHY YOU CRUEL PEOPLE?! WHY?!?!?!

Jin: I’d lock up myself, then I don’t have to socialize.

Rhioe: Oh you two! I’d lock up my love, keeping them safe is more important than my safety.

Would your character rather save one person they love from death or an entire city?

Kirat: *regains composure but is still secretly dying inside* The entire city, I can’t stand around and watch people die.
    Jin: The one person I love, which would be Era.

Rhioe: I’m not sure the dog counts, Jin.

Jin: *sighs* I guess I’m going with the latter then.

Rhioe: I’d have to say the latter as well, would I really be able to sit back and watch as a city died before my eyes? Doubtful.

Would your character rather live (without dying) in space or the ocean?

Kirat: Wait. how many of these questions are there? *silently scrolls through mouthing the numbers as he’s counting* AGH!

Jin: What?

Kirat: THERE’S MORE THAN TEN!

Jin: . . . . .

Kirat: I THOUGHT THAT THIS WAS A SHORT THING!!!!!! *is carted away off stage screaming*

Rhioe: The ocean is pretty, but I LOVE star-gazing, . . .

Jin: The ocean, I hate the stars. Plus, I grew up near there.

Rhioe: I guess that I’d have to choose space.

Would your character rather fly or breathe underwater?

Kirat: I would say breathe underwater, because flying is a pain. What if you fly too close to the sun?! What if an airplane hits you?!?!?!?!

Jin: KIRAT. I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM THE FOURTH WALL!!!!

Kirat: I remain adamant. I would rather breathe underwater.

Rhioe: I would want to breathe underwater too, then I might learn to like it!

Jin: I- *glances at Kirat* would fly.

Kirat: REALLY? YOU’D CHOOSE TO FLY JUST BECAUSE I DON’T WANT TO?!?!?!?!

Jin: No comment.

Me: ALRIGHT, LET’S MOVE ALONG!

Last one.

Would your character rather meet an AU version of themselves or of their main enemy?
    Jin: *looks back and regains composure* Um, . . . my main enemy, because uh, *tries not to look at Kirat* no reason.

Rhioe: My worst enemy is my pride, so yes, I’d like to see the alternative to that, hopefully it’s more humble.

Kirat: My worst enemy is right here in this room!

Jin and Rhioe: *Look around the room*

Rhioe: who is it?

Kirat: *points* THAT THING.

Rhioe: Huh?

Kirat: THE EVIL CHIPMUNK.

Rhioe:  *looking around* Where?

Kirat: RIGHT THERE. *points harder* ON YOUR SHOULDER!

Rhioe:  Huh? *looks over* Oh, you mean Kirito?

Kirat: THAT THING IS EVIL!!!!!!!!!!

Rhioe: No, he isn’t.

Kirat: Look away, this might get a little graphic. *lunges and snatches the chipmunk up in one swoop, and presses his claws against it’s tiny throat* *Kirito takes this as an immediate threat and bites Kirat extremely hard on his finger* *screams and indistinct yelling, muttering under breaths, threatening, cursing and squeaking ensues.*

Me: BREAK IT UP!!!!!

————————————————————————————————————————

Kirat: Yes, My turn to torture people! *grins evilly* Would your character rather, die a gruesome death, or watch their closest friend have an extreme death?

Jin: *shakes his head at Kirat* Would your character rather, fall off a cliff (and die), or be brutally murdered in their sleep?

Rhioe: *stares at both the boys in amazement and horror* Would your character rather, be locked up in an inescapable prison because of something they didn’t do, or be condemned for all their past mistakes?

Jin and Kirat: *stare at Rhioe*

woah, I just realized how long this is, sorry!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Urwen Starial.

“Tears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 500 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest