Would Your Character Rather. . .

Forums Fiction Characters Would Your Character Rather. . .

This topic contains 255 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Emberynus The Dragonslayer 20 hours, 43 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 256 total)
  • Author

Olivia Lyndaker
    @olivia

Would you rather have: have all your friends and the world think you are evil while being good, or have everyone think you are good while being evil?

Eva: Definitely have everyone think I’m evil when I’m not.

Edmund: What!?!? I’d want everyone thinking I’m good when I’m evil. (He has a tendency to be mischievous)

Gavin: I agree wholeheartedly with Eva!

Would your character rather lose their sight, their hearing, or their legs?

Eva: My hearing. Then I’d just learn to read lips, whereas if I lost my sight, I wouldn’t be able to see all the beauty around me.

Edmund: I suppose for once I’d agree with you, sister. Then I’d still be able to play pranks on you and watch. *Grins evilly*  The only problem would be that I wouldn’t be able to hear you scream, but I guess I could deal with that.

Gavin: Legs.

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.
      -JRR Tolkien

Olivia Lyndaker
      @olivia

Would your character rather be the oldest or the youngest?

Edmund: Oldest!

Eva: I suppose for once that I agree with Edmund. *Sighs resignedly*

Gavin: Wherever God happens to place me.

Eva: Man, you sound like a saint, but I know you better than that. *Smirks*

Gavin: *Raises his hands in defence* Hey, it’s true!

Would your character rather suddenly be able to play cello, piano, or flute like a pro?

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.
        -JRR Tolkien

Leon Fleming
        @w-o-holmes

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer @dakota

Me: Well I hope Abner heels all right. Haflin has been detained for a while. He was need in a story. 🙂

Would you rather have: all your friends and the world think you are evil while being good, or have everyone think you are good while being evil?

Athlanntier: The former. I could show them otherwise.

Iflanndier: True, true. The former for me as well. Is there a chorslaves anywhere?

Athlanntier: I don’t think they have those kind of drinks here. And it’s korslaths.

Iflanndier: Yes, well, that depends on your point of view. See, if you’re guzzling it down and you say its name, it will come out as “chorslaves”. But if you don’t it will come out as korslaths. I’ve only heard people say it while drinking.

Athlanntier: *head in hand*

Master Shiftha: Besides the unremote obvious.

Iflanndier: Aww, come on, Shifthan! You can say it! He’s just shy, everyone. (heh-heh)

Athlanntier: Yessss, it’s OBVIOUSLY the latter.

Master Shiftha: *exit stage left!*

Athlanntier: The-

Iflanndier: -legs!

Me: Yeah, you’ve got to be able to see and hear when out on the open ocean, savvy?

Them both in chorus: Savvy!!

Would your character rather suddenly be able to play cello, piano, or flute like a pro?

Me: This really doesn’t apply to them-

Athlanntier: No, wait, what are they. Come on, you can tell me.

Iflanndier: Everybody knows what those are!

Athlanntier: Yeah, besides us…

Iflanndier: Yeah, you’re the walking dictionary. What does sarcastic mean?

Athlanntier: I don’t know. I don’t speak that language.

Iflanndier: Sure you don’t. Abner? All of everybody else? Is it just me or is this guy down, today?

Me: *sighs* Piano, for me. I already play it, but it would be nice to just go up and play out a really complicated piece like Liebestraum (in its full state) as if I were eating cake. 🙂

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
        @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@w-o-holmes

Me: I’m sure Abner will be just fine. 🙂 Thank you! *sighs* it’s not like he hasn’t been stabbed before! He’ll probably be out of this chat room for a day or two though.

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Dakota
        @dakota

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer  *Megyn finishes with Abner’s wound and walks out with him. After a few minutes reenters and returns to her seat*

ME: Is he alright?

Megyn: *Sighs* “I think so . . . it is only a flesh wound and it didn’t bleed too much. It’s just . . . ”

ME: I know, I know.  . . . We should catch up on the questions.

Alan: *whispers to Megyn* “Sorry we professionals didn’t help. It was so  . . . Sudden and crazy!!”

Megyn: “It’s okay.”

Would you rather be a cowboy (or cowgirl) or an astronaut?

Dayton: *jerks* “Oh, bother! . . . *frowns at the floor* “An astronaut, I suppose, if I had to give my current vocation. I prefer to live in today’s modern technology.”

Alan: “An astronaut!! I love spaceships!”

Jim: *smiles* “Am already a cowboy. And I wouldn’t wanna be anything else.”

Megyn: *been sitting thinking while the other’s answer* “A cowgirl. I’d thrill in working with horses and living in the outdoors.”

Would your character rather ride horse-back across a whole continent or sail over an entire ocean?

Dayton: *rolls her eyes* “I choose sailing. To be the captain of the ship would exciting, and full of adventure.”

Alan: “Yeah, I’ll take that one too. ‘Cuz I’d probably get saddle sore if I picked the other thing, and that’s not fun. *grinning* ‘Sides, I’d have to be Dayton’s trusty first mate!!”

Dayton: *groan* “You mean my trusty TORTURE!!”

ME: Dayton, be nice.

Jim: *smiles strangely, almost sadly* “Almost rode across the nation already. . . might be nice to sail for a  while.”

Megyn: *glances at Jim with a expression of wonder, curiosity and concern* “I’d ride horseback. . . ”

Dayton: *presses fingertips to her forehead* “Oh good grief!!” *folds her arms* “None of them. I need them all for what I do.”

Alan: “Uhh  . . . I can’t lose my eyes. I have to see where I’m going. And I can’t lose my legs, ‘cuz I’ve got to get to where I’m going. Might be able–No, I have to hear the alarm. . . I’ve gotta keep them all.”

Jim: *thinks a moment* “Be hard to get by without any of ’em . . .  but I guess I’ll do without my eyes. Can figure out where people and animals are with my ears.”

Megyn: *ponders* “I’ll lose my sight. I’d be able to remember places and people look like. . . ”

Would you rather have all your friends and the world think you are evil while being good, or have everyone think you are good while being evil?

Dayton: *works her jaw like she wants to scream* “Do I have to keep doing this?”

Me: YES! ‘Cuz I said so!

Dayton: “Fine. They can think what they want, but I’ll show them who I am. They’ll see just how big of fools they were in the end.”

Alan: “UH . . . I dunno . . . I’d- I guess I’ll let them think I’m bad when I’m good. *thinks* “Yeah, then they’ll appreciate me more if something bad happens to me.”

Jim: *gazes at the wall with a odd expression . . . like he’s reliving the past* “I’ll-I’ll look bad in the world’s eyes.”

Megyn: “Me too. This world has and will always try to make good evil and evil good. And, as a Christian, I’d rather suffer for what’s right than be comfortable in what’s wrong.”

Dayton: “Don’t particularly care for music. Since I can’t exactly recall what a cello is and not liking the high-pitched whistling of a flute, I just pick the piano.”

Alan: * gawks at Dayton* “DUDE!! I didn’t realize you were — *halts at a particularly fierce glare* “of that opinion. *thinks* “I pick the piano too. Flutes seem . . . kinda girly and cello looks to hard.”

Jim: *shrugs* “Don’t know. . . kinda like the flute actually . . .

Megyn: “I don’t know! I’d love to play both the piano and flute, especially the flute. They’re both so inspiring . . .”

ME: She already plays cello very well!!

Psalm 119:11
        Your word I have hidden in my heart,
        That I might not sin against You.

E. Millennium
        @millennium

Sander: Definitely sight. My other scenes are so strong they would make up for the unreliable sight.

Erin: Sight. The world is so graphic.

Jackson: Legs. I can handle sitting in a wheelchair.

Erin: I have always liked the deepness of the cello.

Sander: Flute.

Jackson: Playing the piano like a pro looks cool!

Lily: You guys are all so different.

Erin: Well, look who decided to show up!

Jackson: Hello Lily..my lily?

Erin: Choose one, Lily!

Jackson: fingers crossed. Say piano. Say piano.

Lily: I like the flute.

Sander: I can teach you how to play.

Jackson: Drat.

Lily: Sander, I already know how to play.

Jackson: I want to change me vote!

Erin: To late…

The ENFP movie quoter.
        ‘Permission to jump in an X-Wing and blow something up?’ ~ Poe

Kayla Skywriter
        @kayla-skywriter

Okay.

Would you rather: have all your friends and the world think you are evil while being good, or have everyone think you are good while being evil?

Alex: Well, I’m a hero, so I’ll have to be doing good.

Jayden: What does it feel like to have everyone think you’re good? I forgot.

Jane: I think the guilt either way would be unbareable, but I’d want to at least be able to remind myself it’s unfounded. So I’ll have everyone believe I’m evil.

Calin: I wan’t everyone to believe what is do is good.

Alex: Once again, I’m blind and okay with it.

Jayden: Legs, I could find other ways to move around.

Jane: Um, I’d go with legs, not sure why.

Calin: Legs, they’re over rated.

Alex: Cello, I like the sound of strings.

Jayden: Piano ’cause I could play so many things.

Jane: I prefer violin to any of those, but I’ll go with piano.

Calin: Flute.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Leon Fleming
        @w-o-holmes

Alright. Glor’s back.

Abigail Rebekah
        @abigail-rebekah

I’ve got a lot of these to catch up on lol 😉

So…I’m just gonna answer the latest.

Avelea: I’d want to play the cello…but I’d never be able to afford one during the war. People don’t buy instruments anymore…well, at least not people who are being hunted down.

Domenick: I don’t like the sound of cello…and I’d never want to learn piano. I have far more important things to do. I guess I could potentially.. slightly enjoy playing the flute…maybe.

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

*Abner reenters*

New Question: Would your character rather lose the one person most important to them, or lose everyone else they love?

Me: someone else start this time. . . Abner just got back.

Francis: I guess I’ll go. . . Uh. . . I think I’d rather lose everything else. . .

Phoenix: *slips out of the room* Bye Guys. . . I may send someone in my place, but I can’t handle it in here anymore.

Skye: I’d rather lose everything thing else. As long as I’ve got the thing that matters the most, nothing else matters at all.

Judah: *looks at the floor* I-I don’t know. . .

Abner: *stares downward with a very sober expression* I think. . . I’ll lose the person most important. . . to lose everyone else I care about-again. . . too many people would have to die. . . I- *looks at Megyn* *looks at the floor again* I- don’t- I can’t- *looks at me with tears and a desperate look in his eyes* please- I can’t answer this question.

Me: I understand. . . *hugs Abner* Hector?

Hector: I don’t know. . . I would tend to agree with the first part of what Abner said but-

Banana Peacock Warrior
          @banana-peacock-warrior

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer:

Me: Woah! So much action! Abner, you okay? And Judah, buddy, I don’t even know if you remember saying this but I’ll totally take care of your dog if you happened to die. In reference to that last question/post, too, dude totally let me – the most important person in your life – die. It’s better than everyone else you love. 😌Plus, I’m in a different realm than you so I’ll be fine. 🤣🤣

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
            ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

@banana-peacock-warrior

Abner: I’m okay. Thanks for asking.

Judah: Yay!! It’s you!! Yeah I remember saying that. Thanks. I don’t plan on dying any time soon, but if I do, at least I know you’ll take care of Fritz. 🙂 Yeah that’s right!! You are in a different realm!! Great!

Sam M
            @sam-m

Would your character rather lose the one person most important to them or lose everyone else they love?

Lauren:*after a long pause* I guess I’d rather lose the one person who’s most important to me.

Dante: I guess, uh, depending on who it is…I’d rather lose everyone else. *Very quietly:* It’s not like I could enjoy them much if I was dead anyway.

Jordan: I’d rather just lose one person. Even though I’d really, really hate for them to die.

Kaz: Yeah, same as Jordan, I guess.

Travis: If I could have back the one person most important to me, then, yeah…I think I’d be willing to lose everyone else. Maybe…

New question: would your character rather be a sidekick or a love interest in someone else’s story (someone else being a person of their choice)?

Naiya Dyani
            @naiya-dyani

Kiet: Um, are you sure it isn’t too late to–

Tai: *slides into a chair and skids it backwards* Let’s get this started!

(these questions may be very out of order. . .)

Would you rather die slowly of an incurable disease or be ripped apart by a savage beast?

Tai: *blinks* This stuff isn’t going to actually happen, is it?

Me: *hides notebook* Don’t worry about it. Just answer the question.

Gerik: Beast. Then I could give it a run for its money.

Dari: Disease, I guess. But it would depend on the disease.

Tai: *recovering* Eh, bring on the beast.

Kiet: The disease. The beast is too sudden.

Grace: Disease. Maybe Kiet and I could find the cure for it.

Kedori: *signing* Beast.

Would you rather learn how to communicate with animals or become one and lose your capability to communicate with humans?

Kiet: *eyes shining* I would love communicating with animals. . . *considers the potential safety in being an animal instead of one of my characters* . . .I don’t know for sure, though.

Gerik: *smirking* What is there to think about? Communicate, obviously.

Tai, Dari, and Grace: *nod*

Kedori: *signing* Communicate with animals, though losing the ability to communicate with people would only be so much of a loss. Almost no one bothers signing anyway. @kari-karast is Trystan still around? We’d probably get along.

Kiet: *signing* I at least try!

Would your character rather live for five years in freedom and then die or live for fifty years imprisoned (and then, you know, die)?

Grace: The second one would be miserable. Five years of freedom.

The others: *nod*

Kiet: Um. . . what kind of death would the first one involve?

Gerik: *mutters something harsh in another language*

Me: Gerik, I heard that! I told you–no bullying Kiet except in the book!

Kiet: *whispers* Why do you let him in the book?

Me: Character development, sweetie. It’s okay.

Kedori:

Kedori:

Kedori:

Me: Yeah, you don’t have to answer that one.

Tai: Um, hearing? I guess?

Dari: It’s kind of dangerous living without the others in the mountains. . .

Would your character rather lose the one person most important to them, or lose everyone else they love?

Kiet: *tears up and tries to hide it*

Grace: What’s the matter?

Me: Backstory. You’ll learn about it later. *hugs Kiet*

Gerik: *face goes stony* I’m not answering that.

Dari: Yeah, that’s. . .not an easy question. Everyone else, I guess?

Kedori: *throws hands up in the air*

Tai: Um. . . *pushes his own tears back and forces a nonchalant face* Yeah, I don’t know. Skip.

New Question: Would your character rather live alone for the rest of their lives, but have the safety of their loved ones guaranteed,  or live among their loved ones for ten years before they all die?

Grace: You have serious problems, don’t you.

Me: Why would you say such a thing?

• This reply was modified 1 day, 15 hours ago by  Naiya Dyani.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Naiya Dyani
              @naiya-dyani

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer By the way, I dig your characters! 🙂

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 256 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest