Would Your Character Rather. . .

Forums Fiction Characters Would Your Character Rather. . .

This topic contains 255 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Emberynus The Dragonslayer 19 hours, 47 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 256 total)
  • Author

Sam M
    @sam-m

Would you rather die slowly of an incurable disease or be ripped apart by a savage beast?

Kaz: Seriously? Those are my options?!

Judah: I guess it would depend on the disease and the beast…I guess I’d probably go with the beast.

Lauren: Beast.

Jordan: I’d go with the beast. Then I don’t have to worry about infecting anyone else. I’d hate to start an incurable disease epidemic.

Kaz: *sighs* I kind of feel like having the disease would be better than spending my last moments torn apart by a monster. *glances at Jordan and the others* You know, assuming I didn’t transfer the disease to anyone else.

Dante: I’d take the beast. That’s way cooler. *Kaz rolls his eyes*

Would you rather be a cowboy (or cowgirl) or an astronaut?

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

Would you rather die slowly of an incurable disease or be ripped apart by a savage beast?

Haflin Glor: I…well, you see, there aren’t any chances of any of these things happening to me. It’s just mere fantasy.

Athlanntier: The beast would seem, to me, the more reliable experience. For then I have something to fight against.

Iflanndier: I concur.

(Master Shiftha (as is his stand-in and totally inaccurate name) is detained for the moment.)

Athlanntier: I, uhhh….what?

Iflanndier: What is an astronaut?

Haflin Glor: Don’t fall prey to this, my good sirs. You know nothing of it. It is not from Anadyre.

Athlanntier: Ohhhh. That would make sense. 🙂

Iflanndier: What?

Would your character rather ride horse-back across a whole continent or sail over an entire ocean?

Haflin Glor: I would rather ride over the land.

Athlanntier: I would sail the seas! What an experience!

Elleron: I would sail the seas until my mind would burst with the idea of it…not that this would befall be in any manner.

Iflanndier: I would rather stay where I am. I have my duties as King of Ruor and have to room for adventure.

Athlanntier: This was not a serious question, Lanndier.

Me: Actually, yes. It was.

Athlanntier: Would you mind giving me a large treasure hord in the story or are you just going to let me-

Me: Quiet down. And no. I won’t. That would ruin everything…plus, what if you don’t make it?

Athlanntier: (his face pales) I-I-I…you can’t do that!!

Me: Why not?

Athlanntier: I’m not talking to you anymore!!!

Me: Fat chance of that! Hahahaha!!!

Sister: Uhhh, Will? Here’s your chill pills.

Me: Who, EXACTLY invited YOU here?

Sister: Nobody, now take your pills.

(she has been dismantled from the post)

Etc, etc, etc…

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

Abner: umm-

Adair: he wants to be a cowGIRL!! I can see him now with PINK cowgirl boots and a PINK SPARKLY hat.

Judah: ummm. . . If you can imagine Abner in PINK boots and a PINK SPARKLY hat, YOU have quite an imagination!! Let’s see. . . A handsome, rugged, real broad-shouldered guy, with more muscle than I’d know what to do with, over six feet with scars on his face and arms and- PINK boots and a PINK SPARKLY hat? Ehh doesn’t really work for me.

Adair: *screams in anger* Judah you- you- it’s too bad the author told me not to say anything ‘offensive’!!! *Jumps up and, springing to the side of Judah’s chair, whips a dagger out of a hidden side sheath and holds it over his head*

Abner: *leaps to Adair’s side* Adair- no!! The author also told you- NO KNIVES!!

Adair: *very sarcastically* This a DAGGER thank you very much, but I suppose you wouldn’t know the difference.

Abner: Adair, please- don’t hurt Judah, just put it away and come sit back down.

Me: Listen to him Adair!! Put away the dagger. Hector stay seated!

Adair: I will if I want to and only then!!

Abner: *lays a hand on her shoulder* please Adair, you wouldn’t want to do this in front of these nice people would you?

Adair: *menacingly* Don’t touch me Abner!

Abner: Adair. . .  *Steps between Adair and Judah and lays his hand over hers that’s holding the dagger* please just give me the dagger.

Adair: *laughs* And have you run me through?? Never!!

Abner: Adair I would never do that and you know it. . . Please. . . *Looks at me for signal to use force* just give it to me.

Adair: fine!!! I’ll give it to you. *Throws the dagger into his arm*

Francis, Phoenix, Judah, and Hector: gasp

Me: Adair!!!!

Abner: *presses his lips tight together and flinches* Thank you.

Me: Hector, Judah, take Adair out. Abner darling, let me see!! *steps quickly over to him*

Hector and Judah: take Adair out.

Adair: *kicks and screams* let me finish him off!!! Why, when I’m about to kill him do I always get interrupted!!!

Abner: *looks after Adair* *sighs* it’s just a scratch.

Me: nothing doing!! Come with me!! @dakota I might need Megyn.

Francis and Phoenix: too disturbed to answer any questions.

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Dakota
    @dakota

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer   (ok, just let me know if this is acceptable to you).                                                                                                                        *Dayton, Alan and Jim all looked shocked and Jim almost jumps up to help Hector and Judah but I say not yet.*                                                                                                                             Megyn: *Gasps in horror. Springing out of her seat, she rushes to Abner’s side and gently grasps his arm.* “Abner, please let us help you! You’re bleeding and that blade needs to be — removed. Please . . . * Lifts her anxious gaze from his bloody arm to his face, her eyes pleading*                                                                                                                   (To the rest of you– you may continue to answer and give questions. Those of our character s who recover from this kinda thing quickly will respond in time. Actually, this a good excuse from my sister to take a short break. She is spending the rest of this week end at our grandparent’s house, so she probably won’t be posting anything until Tuesday. Please nobody freak out about this. This is what one could expect if we put these characters in the same room.)  Poor Abner!!!

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer @dakota

Me: My condolences to Abner. 🙁 Is there need for any other person of imbued rank to enter into this conversation. I hear that Haflin is particularly handy when it comes to wounds or other matters of such quality. *appearing to be optimistic* 🙂 Haflin?

Haflin Glor: Yeeesss…that would depend on the nature of the wound.

Me: It appears to be only a flesh wound.

Haflin Glor: Well then, yes. I am able to help. That is, if the patient does not mind the methods and ways in which I go about it.

Me: I shall ask him: Abner, would you care for the way that Haflin proceeds as long as he clears the wound?

@dakota @w-o-holmes hey!! I’m back😉

Abner: *shakily to Megyn* I’m fine Megyn, really. . .

*to @w-o-holmes* what kind of methods?

Me: yeah, what kind of methods? I’m mean I won’t let anybody do just anything to my baby.

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

Great, I’ll wait very patiently for that.

*Jayden and Alex are accustomed to violence and move on*

Alex: As I can no longer see I’m not sure I could do either. But if I could astronaut I guess.

Jayden: I’m a cowboy, fewer rules. Although space is awesome.

Jane: *stares at the blood flowing from Abner* uh, I’d be a cowgirl.

Calin: *whispers to Jane* what should I do?

Jane: *whispers back* just answer the question.

Calin: I don’t know what a boy of cows is.

Jane: You’d be one, that’s all you need to know.

Would your character rather ride horse-back across a whole continent or sail over an entire ocean?

Alex: Don’t care

Jayden: Yeah, I agree with Alex

Jane: I’d rather ride a horse any day than be near water.

Calin: I agree with Jane.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

Haflin? Would you mind giving a VERY simple explanation?

Haflin Glor: That was the part where you were supposed to tell them that they really didn’t want to know.

Me: Yes, well, some things must come out…even if they are unsatisfactory.

Haflin Glor: Fine. But only the basics and very brief and short. Abner? I only use the…how would you call it…the workings of the (you would call it magic). However, it is NOT magic. It is matter. It is only what is here. It shall not harm you if I wish it not to, and I assure you, I do not. I only wish to aid you. You need know nothing else of this at this present time.
    The unpleasant part would be the more natural substances that I use. I should not have to use those here if I do indeed operate, unless your…scratch…becomes infected. Do you comprehend?

Me: Thank you, Haflin, for putting it so bluntly. We all do in the end take a liking to that little fellow, yes?

Haflin: *pulls up the thick, wool collar of his coat* Yes, well, you would have to know my character first. And what I do. And various other things. *looks off in a dignified sort of way*

Me: Does this help, Abner and Emberynus?

@w-o-holmes

Abner: *Looks calmly at me*

Me: *looks nervously at Abner* *looks at Haflin* Sorry. . . I am very protective and I won’t let anybody do anything to him unless I know EXACTLY what it is. . . so thank you Haflin, but I think Megyn and I will handle it. 🙂

@kayla-skywriter I’ll try to not make it too long. . .

Dakota
    @dakota

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer                                                                             Megyn: *in a low, tender voice to Abner* “Abner, please, be still and let us take care of this. Haflin’s right. If it’s not properly cared for, it can get infected .  . . *Clasps her fingers around the wound site and glances at @emberynus-the-dragonslayer with a whispered “Should I pull that dagger out now or . . . When there aren’t so many people watching? . . .”

@dakota

Abner: *nods slowly* shuts his eyes.

Me: go ahead Megyn. Abner sit down. *pulls him into a chair*

Dakota
    @dakota

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer          Megyn kneels by his chair, and, gripping the handle of the dagger with one hand and spreading the fingers of the other hand around the wound, pulls out the blade (putting in a considerable amount of effort). Drops the weapon to the floor and presses both hands around the wound.

@dakota Abner presses his lips tighter together and leans back in his chair, squeezing his eyes shut tight

*Hector and Judah reenter*

Dakota
    @dakota

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer           Megyn glances at Hector, smiles faintly and softly asks him for some cloth for bandaging. Lays her head against Abner’s arm and whispers “I’m sorry.”.

E. Millennium
    @millennium

Erin: Animals. Yuck.

Sander: Is glaring very hard at Erin.

Jackson: Aww, be nice Erin. Sander isn’t an animal.

Sander: Is still glaring.

Erin: Hey, you have to respect me, I’m your captain!

Sander: Glare glare glare.

Jackson: Sander saved you from drowning in a frozen lake. I think you should respect him for once!

Erin: Can’t we just answer the question?!

Jackson: I’m going to ride the horse.

Erin: Sail…

Sander: Is done glaring.

The ENFP movie quoter.
    ‘Permission to jump in an X-Wing and blow something up?’ ~ Poe

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 256 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest