fb

Would Your Character Rather. . .

Forums Fiction Characters Would Your Character Rather. . .

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 544 total)
  • Author
    Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@w-o-holmes Heyo and welcome to the insanity! I absolutely LOVE the names of your characters!

Would your character rather have crazy faith or be insanely skeptical?

Eina: *starts laughing hysterically*

Keldan: It depends. I should think skepticism, but I also think I’d be dead by now if I hadn’t had blind faith when I was younger.

Kari: Uh. This is a question?

Me: Yes, Kari, see the question mark?

Kari: *rolls eyes* Very funny. I’ll go with skepticism too. If I had crazy faith back when my cousins went insane, I’m pretty sure the dimensions would be verrrrry different today.

Zane: Skepticism. Otherwise I might start seeing the Tyranny’s point of view.

Lyra: I don’t know… if I was crazy skeptical I might not ever trust anyone enough to have friends. *remembers she doesn’t really have friends right now anyway* Nevermind.

Neera: Tyrone says I should be skeptical, but I think life wouldn’t be very fun that way. Crazy faith it is!

Eina: *finally recovers from laughing fit* Do you authors even know me?

Me: Uh, Eina, they don’t know you…

Eina: Right. Well. *snorts* I’ve been skeptical my entire life. I’m not about to stop now.

Would you rather learn how to communicate with animals or become one and lose your capability to communicate with humans? 

Kari: I’m confused. Why anyone want to be an animal and not talk to humans if you could talk to animals and humans.

Lyra: I’m with her. I can already talk to wolves anyway.

Eina: Uh, folks, the only animals in Bakearen besides the vermin are pets. I’m not going to be a pet.

Zane: Eina, you came to the forest with us. There are animals in the forest.

Eina: *rolls eyes* Whatever, Daylore.

Zane: If you say so. I might become an animal just because then I don’t have to deal with stuff. Although my Mom would probably hate it. So maybe not.

Neera: If I was an animal, would I still have hemophilia? If I didn’t, I’d definitely become an animal. If I did, I’d choose communicate with them.

Keldan: Communicate.

Would you rather drown or be burned to death?

Kari: Uh, what kind of question is this, anyway? Are we taking a poll? IS THIS SO AUTHORS KNOW HOW TO TERRORIZE THEIR CHARACTERS THE MOST???

Me: *quietly backs out of room*

Would you rather ask for help or figure it out yourself?

Kari: It would depend on what it was.

Eina: Figure it out for myself. I don’t need help.

Neera: Ask. I’m not a superhero.

Zane: Ask.

Keldan: Do it myself.

Lyra: I always have my wolves to help me so I’ll go with ask.

Would you rather have skin that changes (bright) colors with your emotions or always have music playing around you (without an outside source and other people can hear it) that relates to your thoughts?

Keldan: Skin color. They won’t necessarily know what each color means, and besides, no one can see my skin through my armor.

Kari: o.O Well. Guess I’ll stock up on concealer and gloves.

Eina: Are you shriekin’ serious?? I’m the most wanted person in the city! I need to go unnoticed. Either of those makes me stand out like I’m part of a circus.

Zane: Having music follow me around would be awesome. There could be this dramatic fanfare every time I enter a room. *grins* *grin fades* Although… that kinda defeats the point of being a spy. UNLESS I CAN CONTROL HOW LOUD IT IS.

Neera: Music! *bounces a little* I love music!

Lyra: Er, I’m not really sure… I can’t really hunt with either of those.

Would you rather your beloved die or yourself for them?

Kari: There is absolutely no arkan way I’m letting anyone I love die. I’ve lost too many people already.

Eina: What beloved? No one I care about is still in my power to save. No one I care about in a good way, at least. I care plenty about killing RR.

Keldan: *glares* As if you could.

Eina: What, you think I can’t or something? *glares back even harder*

Me: Alright you two, calm down. You can fight in the story. We have to be civil on here. It’s in the guidelines.

Eina: I don’t care about the guidelines. You brought me here. I’ll kill RR if it’s the last thing I do.

Me: Okay you’re done here. *pushes Eina into closet and locks the door* And I’m not letting you back on this thread until you can behave! Keldan, answer the question now.

Keldan: *sighs* I don’t really have a beloved either. But I’d rather not let my friends die. I have too few of them.

Lyra: *edges away from Keldan and Eina* Uh, I’d die for them. I think. I don’t have a beloved either. But if I did I’d probably die for them.

Neera: *joins Lyra on the sidelines* I’d die for them. It’s not like I do much anyway. Might as well be useful at least once before I die.

Zane: Ah, die for them.

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

Thanks, @kari-karast. ‘Preciate it.

Would you rather learn how to communicate with animals or become one and lose your capability to communicate with humans? 

Bob: Uhhhh…?

Steve: I, uh…animals?

Kevin: Well, that would obviously be the one to which is the better choice that would indefinitely showcase the starter for the hole in the ground where all the gum is kept for later storage within the animal cave of wonders where all things of weird natures preside and wreak havoc on only themselves and all things pertaining unto them and so….

Scott: Dude, you are so weird. Communicate with animals, duh.

Old Deb: Y’all kinda weak in the joints *hobbles over and places hands of shoulders*. Hon, get a life.

New Deb: I would rather turn into an animal so that I could eat my brother’s birthday cake and not have my true self get blamed for it.

Bill: Uh – I would pick the meese. They look weird.

Yeah, Taza, sure, thanks!

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

*(these are totally made up people who give me the creeps)

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

Francis: Um. I-I couldn’t just let them die! I-I’ll die for them.

Phoenix: I can’t- I couldn’t bear dying! I don’t know!!

Skye: I don’t have a beloved.

Judah: Die for them.

Hector: *nods in agreement with Judah*

@kari-karast
      @w-o-holmes @sam-m  @kayla-skywriter @abigail-rebekah  @dakota @banana-peacock-warrior

Does anybody mind if I add a new character to this?

Sold souls and dead promises

Sam M
    @sam-m

Judah: Myself. I don’t know if I could stand to lose anyone else. And, anyway, if I love her then it’s kind of a no-brainer. Right? Same goes for all my friends -no way I’d lose them if I had the choice to save them. Well, not again. *rubs a hand across his face as he thinks about how he could’ve saved his friend, even though he didn’t know she was going to die, etc., guilt and pain*

Dante: Hmm… Well. *laughs without humor and lowers his voice* Yeah, I guess I’d want to live, so… But Frankie? Man. I don’t know. *sighs* I don’t know.

Would your character rather live for five years in freedom and then die or live for fifty years imprisoned (and then, you know, die)?

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@emberynus-the-dragon-slayer Course not! Go for it!

Would your character rather live for five years in freedom and then die or live for fifty years imprisoned (and then, you know, die)?

Kari: Well, first off, is it your years or my years? *considers for a few minutes* Actually, it doesn’t really matter. I’d live 5 years in freedom. Can’t exactly save people if I’m imprisoned, now, can I?

Lyra: Uhm. The legends wouldn’t be true if I was imprisoned…

Neera: FREEDOM. I’m practically already imprisoned. I’d rather explore the world and actually go places for once!

Zane: I’d rather stay free, to help my Mom. Although not having to worry about anything sounds nice.

Keldan: Free. I must avenge my sisters and finish killing the imposters.

Me: *peers into closet* Eina? Do you promise to be nice?

Eina: *muffled* I don’t really have a choice.

Me: Okay, then. One more chance. *lets her out*

Eina: I don’t like people telling me what to do, so in that case I’d prefer freedom. But… what would the conditions of the prison be? If it was relatively decent, I might actually choose that. Then I wouldn’t have to worry about anything, like Zane said. Unless it was the Tyranny’s prison. I’m staying FAR away from those.

Me: Eina has a point… 50 years of peace and calm. If I had internet, electricity, a charger, and my computer, I could just write and write and write and write and write and write and write.

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Not at all.

Athlanntier: Prison. I could spend fifty years trying to figure a way out and be free of anything in the end.

Iflanndier: That’s not how this works! What are the conditions of the prison? Like if it’s a prison where the sun beats down upon my face and I have the freedom to do what I want, but still must stay within the confines of that area, then the prison for sure.

Haflin Glor: –

Thulduorin: I would rather spend five years of freedom and fifty years of imprisonment. The result is ultimately the same.

Master Shiftha: *grudgingly* Five years….

@kari-karast @w-o-holmes ok AWESOME!! I will! I’ll add two

New Charries: Abner and Adair

Adair: FREEDOM!! I will never die in prison!

Abner: I’d rather be free for as long as I live, how ever long that might be.

Francis: Freedom! *eyes glow as he says the word*

Phoenix: Yeah. Freedom.

Skye: *agrees with all the others before him*

Judah: *thinks in moment* Yep. Freedom

Hector: I never know how long I have to live so I would rather live it all in freedom. But if I were in prison I could witness to the fellow prisoners. . . *sighs* and maybe that would be better for their sakes

Dakota
    @dakota

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer  🙂

Would your character rather fly in the air or dive below the sea?

Dayton: *rolls her eyes again* “Oh, please! I’ll fly.”

Alan: *grinning* “Yeah, we’ll soar into flaming building and save people together.”

Jim: “Either would be interesting, but I’ll choose flying.”

Megyn: *gazes at the wall* “Flying . . .  that would be inspiring . . .

Dayton: *stiffens and her chin trembles* “I would die.”

Alan: *swallows* “Me too.”

Jim: *jaw sets* “I would die for anyone.”

Megyn: “I-I couldn’t let some die if I had the power to save them. I-I would die.”

Dayton: *tosses her head* “Freedom, of course!!”

Alan: “Yeah, I like to not be in the slammer ever!”

Jim: *thinks a moment* “If I deserved it, I rather be in jail. If not, I’d rather be free.”

Megyn: “Me too.”

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Kenzie Pimpo
    @banana-peacock-warrior

Hi, everybody! Wow, I’ve been off of here for way too long… 😬 Let’s see if I can answer the questions I missed without being overwhelming…? 😂 (a few minutes later…) OKAY…. I just put all the new questions I’ve missed in the past week on here and… I’m gonna pick and choose and alternate between my two WIP’s ’cause this is a lot. 😁

Hieee @emberynus-the-dragonslayer! Sooorry I’ve been gone so long! Me no care at all if you add peopleses to this. *holds out virtual story world hand* NICE TO MEET YOU, ABNER AND ADAIR!!!!! Are you two from a different story, or are you acquainted with Hector and Judah? (Judah’s me buddy so I thought I’d ask.😋)🤣🤣🤣

Hi, @w-o-holmes! We have not yet been introduced because I have neglected to log onto Story Embers for the past week or so due to sickness. My birthday’s in December, too! I’m a Christmas Eve baby. I’m fifteen (sixteen this year) so a bit older buuuuut…. 😊

Alright, here goes……..

Would you rather be able to only travel forwards or only be able to travel backwards in time?

THE CLEFS:

(MC)Cadenza: I think I’d prefer to travel backwards in time if I could, since I know exactly what I’ll find in the past I have no idea whether I’d want to go into the future.

Barbinas: I dunno… it’s not like I ENJOY my past, and I don’t know what I’d do to change it if I went back apart from leaving my tribe earlier. But I have no desire to visit the future, really. See it, maybe. Visit, no.

Elissa: WAIT! If I could ONLY travel backwards or forwards in time, I wouldn’t be able to come back! Can I just do neither?!

Cadenza: Oh my keys that’s right! Nope I’m staying in the present, right now.

Would you rather drown or be burned to death?

DRAGON SLAYER:

Shack: Eyy, some interesting questions here!

Pasque: What?

Shack: I think I’d – hm – I think I would drown. Being burned would probably either mean being a public spectacle or dragon fire so no thanks. I could drown just being valiant like saving a child or something. Or maybe stealing treasure from a sunken ship.

Pasque: I cannot believe you are my brother. I would like to just stay alive, thank you!

(MC)Shan: Woah… um, well both of those are better than being killed by *shudders and whispers so the rest of the gang doesn’t hear* Kalaraja. I don’t know which is finished fastest but I think I’d choose that one.

Dav: I guess I’d drown for the same reason as Shack?

Murfis: Ugck… I’d like to just stay alive…

Pasque: Thank you!

Murfis: But if I HAD to choose, I think I’m with Shack and Dav on the drowning thing.

Jarhed: Yeah, Murfis would dive into the water and drown if he was going after a pot of gold… *laughs hysterically and shuts up at a deadly glare from Murfis* I think I’d prefer to burn. Just seems faster- maybe?

Karvin: I’ve heard that being burned to death is excruciatingly painful, BUT, if you’re killed by DRAGON fire, it’s near instant because it’s hotter. Hm- sure, I’ll burn to death if Kalaraja does it. *sneaks a glance at terrified Shan and gives her an apologetic look*

Dunkie: Burned to death.

Me: Gonna say why?

Dunkie: No.

Me: Okay, then.

Damien: Well, judging by what Karvin said, I think it’s worth it to be killed by dragon fire if it’s almost instant.

Elikai: What Karvin says is true, so it would be far less painful to be burned to death by dragon fire.

Kalaraja: *shouts from where he’s trapped* Yes! My fire will burn you to a crisp in an instant, my victims!

Me: *gags Kalaraja* You aren’t supposed to be on here!

Would you rather have skin that changes (bright) colors with your emotions or always have music playing around you (without an outside source and other people can hear it) that relates to your thoughts?

THE CLEFS:

(MC)Cadenza: How fun! This is tough… colors would be so much fun… but I love music… but either one will make it incredibly difficult to keep my thoughts to myself. You know what? I’ll go colors. At least that will just reveal my emotions to everybody and it’ll be pretty (or annoying?) and not reveal, you know, my innermost thoughts.

Barbinas: Do I have to answer?

Me: Yes. Well, as long as you don’t say something stubbornly stupid.

Barbinas: *smiles menacingly and takes a deep breath*

Me: Okay, okay! You don’t have to answer. *rolls eyes*

Elissa: I agree with Cadenza. I don’t want my innermost thoughts to be blared out in song for all to hear, even if the song only relates to it. Plus, I think that could get annoying while dancing, and colors sound fun!

Would you rather ask for help or figure it out yourself?

DRAGON SLAYER:

(MC)Shan: Figure it out! What kind of thief are you if you can’t think light on your feet?

Dav, Shack, Pasque, Murfis, Jarhed, and Dunkie: Agreed.

Karvin: Call me a good thief or not, I think it’s worth it in some situations to ask for help – not all – but some.

Damien: If I’m honest, I’d prefer to just figure it out myself- but for my own well being I HAVE found myself needing to ask for help at times.

Elikai: When I need the help, I don’t mind asking for it.

Would your character rather wield the Sword of Eternal Flame, or be given the powers of the blue lightning?

MAIN CHARACTERS:

Cadenza: Um- what?

Shan: I think she means would you rather have fire or lightning powers?

Cadenza: You think so?

Shan: Yeah…? I’m Shantael, by the way. Nice to meet you.

Cadenza: I’m Cadenza: Middle C, greatest dancer of Harmony Island. Nice to meet you, too!

Shan: *taken aback at the introduction* Um- okay. So, a dancer, huh? Cool…? I’m a thief.

Cadenza: *starts in shock* . . .

Me: Okay, girls, let’s move this along.

Shan: I’d prefer fire. That’d be an awesome tool for a heist!

Cadenza: Probably lightning. It’s like more condensed fire and it looks so much more powerful, I think. It’s cool.

DRAGON SLAYER:

(MC)Shan: I would die for my beloved. *glances at Dav, then at Damien* I love my brother and my boyfriend the same, so I think I’d die for either one.

Dav: *moves into a room where Shan can’t hear* Don’t judge me, but I think I’d rather my beloved die than me.

Me: Oof… that’s harsh… are you sure I made you like this? *flips back through notebook* Oh- yep, that’s right. *to the other SE people* If you haven’t noticed, yet, Dav is a jerk. 👎🏻

Shack and Pasque: *ponder for a few moments, then look at each other and gag* Nope! We have no ‘beloved’s.

Murfis: I have no one I really ‘love’ –

Jarhed: Except money.

Murfis: Shut up, Jarhed. I would rather live than let someone who just excites my happiness make me lose my life.

Jarhed: I think if I really LOVED somebody, I would die for them.

Karvin: I would die for my beloved. *sneaks a glance at Shan then looks away shyly*

Dunkie: Just- I- have no one I love. No.

Damien: I would. Haven’t found anyone yet but I would!

Elikai: I would die for those I love. *hints at nothing and no one but me*

NEW Q: Would your character rather (knowing that they are a part of a story) have read their whole story before it happens, or ONLY know how things end and have to figure everything else out as the story progresses?

Wow, that was long… like really long… 😬 LOL someone spam me if I stay off for so long again!🤣

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
    ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

Dakota
    @dakota

Would your character rather (knowing that they are a part of a story) have read their whole story before it happens, or ONLY know how things end and have to figure everything else out as the story progresses?

Dayton: “I’d want to know. I don’t like surprises.”

Alan: *grinning* “But then you KNOW you are the slave of the author!”

Dayton: *Snarls*

Alan:”Umm . . . I like mysteries. I’ll figure it out at the end  . . .  one way or another . . ”

Jim: *nods* “Yep. I’ll wait to know ’til the end.”

Megyn: “Yeah, I’d want to wait too. I too like a mystery and I’d rather know all of the tragic things before hand. . . ”

New Question: Would you rather be colorblind and deaf or completely blind and have super keen hearing?

Dayton: “STUPID!”

*Jim’s mouth twitches. Megyn and Alan glance at Dayton and then at each other.

Alan: *Whispers* “Sorry she’s so obnoxious.”

Megyn: “It’s okay.”

ME: Dayton!!!! Control yourself!

Dayton: *Scowls and grumbles under her breath* “I’d be deaf and colorblind. I have to be able to see!!”

Alan: “Me too!”

Jim: *thinks a minutes* “Dunno . . . I guess I’ll be stone blind. I’d miss the sound of the wind too much.”

Megyn: *been musing* “I guess I rather be blind too. I couldn’t hear my music otherwise and I can still play though blind. “

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

@banana-peacock-warrior

It’s ok! I;m just glad you found time to get on! i glad you no care!

Abner: *shakes your hand and smiles* Nice to meet you too. Yeah. I know Judah and Hector. Judah’s a great guy. *Looks nervously at Adair*

Adair: *stands right where she is and looks at your hand without shaking it* Hi. Yes I know them and I wish I didn’t.

Abner: Sorry about her she’s kinda. . . not- the- most- – friendly.

Adair: *glares at Abner*

Judah: FIST BUMP, BUDDY! It’s been a while!!

Would your character rather (knowing that they are a part of a story) have read their whole story before it happens, or ONLY know how things end and have to figure everything else out as the story progresses?

Abner: I don’t need to know the whole story as long as I know if it ends well. *sighs* I think I’d rather not know what happens in the middle, I’ll just see when I get there. That way I’m not living my life in the shadow of what is about to happen.

Adair: I don’t care to know any of it.Whoever is writing my story is a moron anyway!

Abner: *sighs*

Francis: I don’t really care about knowing my story either.

Phoenix: I want to know the whole thing!

Skye: I don’t care!

Judah: THAT is a strange question!! Umm. . . *looks at me* Can I read my story now?

Me: Judah. . . *sigh*

Hector: I agree with Abner.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Kari: Well, I’d rather not see all the suffering I’d go through. So just the end. That way, at least I’ll know who dies.

Eina: The whole story. Because it’s like knowing the future, isn’t it? So you can change what happens if you don’t like it.

Me: Um, Eina, that’s not how books work…

Eina: Well it is now.

Me: -_-

Keldan: The end.

Lyra: All…? Since I sort of already know it anyway?

Neera: Alllllllll. Then I’d know if I ever actually got to do anything fun.

New Question: Would you rather be colorblind and deaf or completely blind and have super keen hearing?

Kari: Uh. I have to say completely blind with hearing. Since I can still sort of fight and I can read braille.

Eina: Deaf. That way I have an actual excuse for ignoring people. *author facepalms in distance*

Keldan: Colorblind. The displays in my helmet can be upgraded, I think, and that would help with the deafness.

Neera: Oh, come on! First hemophilia and now this? Super keen hearing sounds fun, but I’m pretty sure if I was blind I’d trip a  LOT more. Which would be bad. Plus, Ty would probably kill me. So, colorblind and deaf.

Lyra: o.O Uh. I already have pretty good hearing… since I’m the Wolfborn and all that. So… colorblind and deaf? Since my wolves could warn me of things? No, wait. I wouldn’t be able to hear them if I was deaf. So completely blind. And they could tell me where things are so I wouldn’t smack into anything.

Sam M
    @sam-m

Judah: Well, I’m super curious, so…yeah, I guess I’d want to know. Wait. Unless…would that mess up the story? Because then I’d act differently, right? Or are we assuming that I can’t change my actions in the story?

Frankie: If I know everything that happens, can I change it? In that case: yes, I want to know the whole story. Otherwise…I guess I’d still want to know the whole story, actually. Maybe. Arrggh. Why do I have to be in such a painful story, anyway? *gives the author a dirty look*

Blaze: Uh, just the end. I like adventure and the unexpected.

Dante: Same. Just the end.

Harley: The end. I’d rather hold onto a faint hope that things won’t go horribly, tragically awry.

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

Wow, there’s a lot on here. I’ll start with one.

Athlanntier: I find this reality as terrifying!

Iflanndier: I wouldn’t think of this as a literal question…cleared or undestined?

Haflin Glor: Eventually something will happen that was originally going to happen. If one knows they will die, they would wish to understand for what purposes. Then they will judge whether or not they would leave the natural world and travel unto the Nithlietei (someplace where people go and all that that is yet to be determined). If they would wish it to stay, this may change the outcome of every person’s life in the story. Have I answered the question?

Orodwyn: Of unfortunate matters, Haflin, you’ve only made this worse for those of the mind lesser than ours.

Elleon: Orodwyn, midnight rain, please do not worry yourself over such feeble accomplishments.

Me: You guys seriously have no idea what we’re talking about. I’m looking back (it won’t show) on all of your little answers and all I see is red marks.

Elleon: But red, Norathle, is the epitome of beauty.

Me: And you would prefer blue, brown, and silver…

Orodwyn: Hush, children! All of you above are of the lesser mind.

Me: Dude, you’re creepin’ me out.

Orodwyn: Now you have red…

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 544 total)
  • The forum ‘Characters’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest