Would Your Character Rather. . .

Forums Fiction Characters Would Your Character Rather. . .

This topic contains 163 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Dakota 1 day, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 151 through 164 (of 164 total)
  • Author

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Those types of characters are the best. Hector sounds really interesting!

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@r-m-archer 🙂 tanks!!

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Kayla Skywriter
      @kayla-skywriter

Would you rather be a mother/father or the favorite aunt/uncle?

Alex: Uncle, 100%.

Jayden: Father, which is good news for Alex.

Jane: Aunt

Calin: Uncle

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Banana Peacock Warrior
        @banana-peacock-warrior

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer: LOL no I guess not from what I’ve seen of Hector so far… XD

Would your character rather be brilliant and rich or have super strength and the ability to fly?

Cadenza: What’s the point of having super strength and flying? Where would I go? There’s nothing outside Harmony Island except the end of the world!

Elissa: I agree. What on earth is the point of that? I mean, flying MIGHT be nice for good views but I think it’s literally impossible to get a better view than that from the Melody Mountains.

Barbinas: The POINT is being able to sock your enemies and fly away from all your troubles! Riches, sure. But brilliance? Blegh. Gimme brawn, not brains.

Cadenza: *under her breath to Elissa* Wow… that explains SO MUCH.

Would you character rather have to get up with the sun or go to bed when the sun goes down?

Cadenza: Get up with the sun! Easy question- I do it already.

Elissa: Me, too. Watching the sunrise is the most wonderful thing in the morning!

Barbinas: I’m not accepting a curfew. Wake up with the sun.

Barbinas: DUUUUMMMMMBBBBB question! *sticks out tongue and folds arms*

Cadenza: I’d like to be the favorite aunt. I won’t have to go through the trouble of HAVING kids, but they’d still technically be mine since I’m the favorite.

Elissa: I’d want to be a mother. Someday, I will. I want to have my own children to love.

Cadenza: Sweet! I can be their favorite second cousin instead of favorite aunt.

Elissa: *smiles mischievously* Well, you’d also be their only second cousin, so I’m not sure how much that’ll be saying…

Cadneza: Hmph!

Would you rather be best friends with a talking chipmunk or a magic-less unicorn?

*All three look at each other, perplexed. Straight faces. Then puckered faces. Then suppressed giggles. They begin splitting their sides.*

Cadenza: Talking chipmunks? Unicorns? Seriously?!

Barbinas: That’s so childish!

Elissa: This is ridiculous!

Me: Oh, come on, guys. Will you just answer the question?!

Cadenza: *rolls eyes* Um, so… talking chipmunk or – essentially a horse. Well, I’ve never actually seen a horse before – I just randomly know about them from the author – so I’ll go with the magic-less unicorn.

Barbinas: This is stupid.

Me: Please just answer it?

Barbinas: Fine. Give me the talking chipmunk. I WON’T be best friends with it. I’ll shut it up.

Me: *bites lip*

Elissa: A – talking chipmunk? I don’t know… sounds cute? Or terrifying?

NEW Q: Would your character rather live friend-less or have witnessed the death of all his/her family?

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
          ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

Dakota
          @dakota

Would you rather be best friends with a talking chipmunk or a magic-less unicorn?

Alan: *blinks* wha-at? “How could a unicorn not be magical?! That’s like a horse with a horn stuck on it’s head. Nothing special ’bout that! Wait! Unicorns are a girly thing! I guess the chipmunk. He’d be a lot of fun, ‘specally  if he’d mimic other people’s voices!” *grins mischievously at Dayton*

Dayton: *Snarls*

Megyn: *eariler-smiles back at Hector* (while Alan is talking) *smiles back at Francis and then realizes it’s her turn* “This is hard. Honestly. To have a talking chipmunk would be SO cute and fun. But to have a unicorn that had ‘lost it’s magic’-so close to a horse . . . *voice drifts away with her daydreams*

Dayton: *Rolls her eyes* “The unicorn.”

Alan: *quizzically* “Why?”

Dayton: “I could ride on him and get away from YOU!!”

Jim: *smiles* “The chipmunk.”

Would your character rather be brilliant and rich or have super strength and the ability to fly?

Alan: “Super strength, of course!! Being a firefighter would be SO much easier then! And flying into flaming buildings would be AWESOME!! Just like in the movies!”

Dayton: *Sniffs* For once, I will agree with you, Bolt.”

Megyn: *smiles significantly to what Judah said about Hector and laughs at little* “I’ve already been blessed with more money than I’ll ever need. I’d rather have the super strength and fly. *catching her breath at the thought* Flying . . . with the eagles . . . ”

Dayton: *rolls her eyes and snorts* “Lost in her fantasies again!”

ME: “Dayton”  . . .

Dayton: *Bites her lip*

Jim: *nods in agreement with Megyn* “Flying would be excitin’.”

Would you character rather have to get up with the sun or go to bed when the sun goes down?

Megyn: “I get up with the sun most days anyway, but to go to bed with the sun . . . you don’t get to watch the sunset long. *thinks* I’ll stick with rising with the sun.”

Jim: *nods in agreement* “And you don’t get to gaze at the stars.”

Megyn: *nods vehemently*

Alan: Umm . . . I like staying up late, but if I’m late for work . . . *makes a concerned face* I’ll go to bed with the sun.”

Dayton: “Up with the sun, of course. No time for sleeping in.”

Would your character rather live a life of poverty and freedom or luxury and a prisoner?

Alan: “Well, I don’t mind being middle class and being free is great, so  . . .that’s what I’ll be.”

Dayton: *thinks a moment* “I must be free. No one will have a hold on my life other than myself. Poverty would be hard for us, but I must be my own person.”

Alan: “US!!”

Dayton: *Harshly* “Never mind.”

Megyn: *looks at Hector and smiles* “So would I. Besides, if you weren’t free, you couldn’t really enjoy the riches anyway. They too would belong to someone else.”

Jim: *nods*

Dayton: *bites her lip* I am a mother.”

Alan: *light-bulb moment* OHH, that’s what you meant by us!! How some I never knew that? *shrugs* I would be their uncle any day!!”

Megyn: *smiles a little dreamily* I have tasted a little of what motherhood is like. I love it. *sits a moment* Either way, I’d be happy to be either. ”

Jim: *ponders a moment,* “I would too be either, if it would be where God wanted me.”

Megyn: *nods*

Psalm 119:11
          Your word I have hidden in my heart,
          That I might not sin against You.

Banana Peacock Warrior
          @banana-peacock-warrior

I’m gonna answer a few of these again with some characters I have so far from my new WIP…

Would your character rather live a life of poverty and freedom or luxury and a prisoner?

Shan: Poverty and freedom… I think I speak for every thief in the gang. We’d be completely well enough off in poverty since that’s where we all started, anyway.

*Dav, Pasque, Shack, Murfis, Jarhed, Karvin, and Dunkie nod in agreement*

Damien: I’d want a life of poverty and freedom. Isn’t that where I’m at, already?

Elikai: I would take freedom at all costs.

Kalaraja: I would take freedom… anyone who lets me remain free is making their own selves a prisoner!

Shan: Brilliant and RICH! Seriously… isn’t that what I’ve been striving my whole LIFE for?

Dav: I agree wholeheartedly with her. Plus, Shan… you’re technically already brilliant.

Shan: Aw… thanks, Dav! *punches him playfully*

Pasque and Shack: Brilliant and rich. We’re both already strong.

Murfis: RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MONEEEEYYYYYY!

Karvin: As appealing strength and flight sound, I’d wanna be brilliant and rich.

Jarhed: I’d wanna be strong and fly. Sounds great to me! *receives a frustrated stare from the rest in the gang*

Dunkie: Brilliant and rich. Any of you doofuses who chose otherwise – Jarhed – then, why are you in our gang of thieves, anyway?

Jarhed: Because I can be an even BETTER thief by being strong and able to fly!

Damien: Well, I’m NOT in your gang but I think I’d want to be brilliant and rich too. A life on the streets takes its toll.

Elikai: I guess brilliance and riches would be the best option. You can be brilliant and wise WITH your riches by helping others- although, you can do that with such superpowers, too. I think that the first option sounds like the primary one, to me, though.

Kalaraja: I am already strong enough to tear any human apart and CAN fly. Anyone would call my way of luring souls into my grasp brilliant and hearing the screams of my victims are riches enough! *flaps his wings in triumphant terror*

Me: *takes Kalaraja off of all future questionnaires*

Shan: Seriously? How much more dumb of a question can you-

Jarhed: TALKING CHIPMUNK!

Shan: *rolls her eyes* Okay… everyone remember who to call if you find a talking chipmunk…

*all laugh, and the subject is dropped*

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
            ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

@banana-peacock-warrior LOL!!!!! Ok. that’s good to hear!! I was a little worried about him. Have you read his story yet? (well, not the whole story, but the basics of his backstory) 😉

Wow I think you all are trying to kill Francis!! This is a horrible question for him!!

NEW Q: Would your character rather live friend-less or have witnessed the death of all his/her family?

Francis: *stares blankly again as if he can’t believe this is really being asked* *finally covers his face with his hands and starts crying*

Me: *hugs Francis again* You poor little thing!!! *explains to everyone else* He’s already experienced the second one! And the first one for a time.

Phoenix: *looks worriedly at Francis* I’m- I’m really sorry Frankie!

Francis: *nods and tries to smile at her*

Phoenix: *smiles back* *to the question* umm. . . I really don’t know. I don’t really like my father, but- all my family?

Skye: *with a shake in his voice* I never knew my family. . . I’d rather be friendless, I’m almost already anyway.

Judah: Ouch!! *looks sympathetically at Francis* Umm. I ain’t answering this either!

Hector: *hugs Francis and I* *to the question* I’ll pass on this one too.

@banana-peacock-warrior oops! Sorry! left the New Q: part in there in stead of just putting the question by itself!!!

Dakota
                @dakota

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer POOR FRANCIS! Poor all of them!!

Would your character rather live friend-less or have witnessed the death of all his/her family?

Megyn: (before the question is asked) *looks at Francis, Judah and Hector and sighs, a tear pooling in her eye*

Dayton: *in a hissed whisper* “Stop gawking! They’re asking a question!”

(question asked)

Alan: “Uhh . . . Mom and Dad” . . . *blinks and rubs his fist across his eyes* “I’ll live without friends.”

Dayton: *trying to keep her chin from quivering* “So will I. I don’t have very many friends anyway.”

Jim: *swallows, then in a husky voice* “I’d rather die myself or live friendless, than to see my family die.”

Megyn: *been sitting in stunned silence all this time, her face a little pale. Lips begin to tremble* “M-My mother died long ago and – and my father-*breaks off a moment and tries not to cry* is  . . .gone. And to loose my friends . . . who are like family to me now. . .” *covers her face with her hands and breathes shakily*

*Other three look at her with concern*

Alan: *awkwardly* “Sorry.”

Megyb: *nods and lifts her face to smile a little at him*

Sam M
                @sam-m

Would your character rather live friend-less or have witnessed the death if all his/her family?

Judah: If we were only talking about immediate family, then I’d choose the second one. I can’t get my parents back anyway. At least if I saw it… *swallows hard and narrows his eyes* …then I’d know who Prince is and I could bring him to justice. But if we’re talking about all of our family, then… *looks at Lauren* the first one.

Lauren: *glances at Judah, then drops eyes* The first one.

Kaz: *blinking hard* Same. Even though you guys mean the world to me.

<b>Would your character rather be a pirate (stealing from people and all that) or be a pirate’s prisoner for one year?</b>

Veraza Winterknight
                @kari-karast

Kari: Well… *glances at her fiance and smiles* I have to go with the first.

Eina: Aunt. Because that would mean my siblings would still be alive. *everyone gives her a weird look* Okay, okay. Also because I don’t want to get married and stuff yet.

Zane: Hm… I do want to settle down and have a family someday… but not right now…

Keldan: Neither, thank you.

Kari: *chokes* How is this a question. Freedom.

Eina: I’m already living the first one.

Zane: First. Definitely.

Keldan: The real question is just how much of a prisoner you’d be. *author gives him a look* I choose freedom.

Kari: Um… *shrugs* It really doesn’t matter. I already have powers, and I’d rather not have more. But I’m also technically rich already, and… people say I’m smart…

Eina: First. Not only would I be able to kill RR more quickly, but I’d also be able to make a new life for myself after if I was rich.

Zane: I gotta go with the first too, even though the second sounds more fun.

Keldan: Whichever helps make Bakearen safest.

Would your character rather live friend-less or have witnessed the death if all his/her family?

Kari: *looks stricken* I… I have to choose the first. I… I already lost my family once… *shudders* I’m not losing them again.

Zane: I… have to pick the first, too. I don’t want to lose my friends, but… my Mom is all I have left. I don’t know what happened to my Dad and brother, I’m not going to lose her too.

Keldan: Second. My family’s gone. I’m not losing the few friends I’ve managed to make, too.

Eina: My family is dead. Because of him. *glares at Keldan* If it weren’t for the author, you’d have been dead back at the first time we did this.

Keldan: *glares back* You’d be lucky to get a hit in before I killed you.

Me: Alright, guys, break it up. I have some lovely closets I can lock you in if I need to. *Keldan and Eina keep glaring but stay silent*

Would your character rather be a pirate (stealing from people and all that) or be a pirate’s prisoner for one year?

Kari: Who would I be stealing from?

Eina: I don’t have time for being a prisoner. I’ll be a pirate. Unless I have to actually do it on the ocean…

Keldan: What’s a pirate, again? Like, from old stories?

Zane: Oooooh. Being a pirate sounds pretty cool. I mean, if I could be a nice one and only steal from people who deserved it.

New Question: Would you rather have no home or have no vehicle(or whatever they use for transportation)?

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Kayla Skywriter
                @kayla-skywriter

Alex: um, *looks awkwardly at his brother*

Jayden: *stares straight ahead* friendless. *runs off to a corner and cries alone*

Jane: My parents chose to witness my death rather than be friendless. Now I have no family and no friends.

Calin: Friendless, I don’t want Cal to die too.

Alex: What is this? Chipmunk I guess.

Jayden: Unicorn

Jane: Unicorn

Calin: I live with magic unicorns, so chipmunk for a change.

Would your character rather be a pirate (stealing from people and all that) or be a pirate’s prisoner for one year?

Alex: I’m a hero stealing is not what I do.

Jayden and Jane: Pirate

Calin: I would break out of prison.

Would you rather have no home or have no vehicle(or whatever they use for transportation)?

Alex: I need a home, I can borrow someone else’s car.

Jayden: I need my car, I don’t have a home to give up though.

Jane: I can’t drive. Does that mean I’d give up my legs?

Calin: *blanches* I’m not giving up Macoon *pets his horse sized puppy*

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Would you rather have no home or have no vehicle(or whatever they use for transportation)?

Francis: I’d much rather give up my bus or my limousine than my home.

Phoenix: I don’t really got a nice home. I’ll give it up

Skye: I don’t have a permanent home. . . and I can’t give up my means of transportation. . . I’m on the run!!!

Judah: Umm. . . I’ll give up transportation. . . though I really like my car!

Hector: I can never be without a home. . . my home is ultimately in heaven and for now. . .*laughs* anywhere in the wilderness is the best home for me! But I’ll say I’d give up transportation. . . I’d rather not have a car anyway. . . walking is better for thinking.

Judah: *looks sideways at Hector* You’re weird buddy!

Hector: *laughs again* thanks!

Francis: *gasps* *looks at me with tears in his eyes again* *quietly, in answer to the question* I’ll be a pirate’s prisoner. . .again. I can’t steal from anybody.

Me: *to self* why did I ever sign him up for this survey?! *to Francis* You’re brave Frankie!

Francis: *smiles at me* thanks but- I’m not really *sighs heavily*

Phoenix: I’ll be a pirate! *eyes flash* I’m not ever gonna be anybody’s prisoner ever again!!

Skye: I’ll be a pirate too. . . I’m used to stealing.

Judah: Ok. . . *to me in a whisper* what exactly is included in ‘stealing from people and all that’?

Me: *to Judah* *grimaces* Stealing and all the other bad things pirates do. Stop being ridiculous! Be serious!

Judah: oh, ok, but just one more ridiculous question!

Me: *rolls eyes* fine, go ahead.

Judah: Are these old time pirates or modern day pirates?

Me: Oh good grief! You figure it out smarty! I don’t think any pirates could handle you for even just a year!!!

Judah: *grins* Ok. . . I’ll be a prisoner! After all it’s only for a year. . . or less!

Hector: I’ll be a prisoner.

Dakota
                    @dakota

Alan: “Lose my home. I can always live in my car . . .  or at the fire station!! *grins at Dayton*

Dayton: *snarls at him* A family of three can’t live in just a car! I’ll lose the car and walk to work!”

Alan *cocks his head* Just three, eh?”

ME: Alan, that’s enough now.”

Alan: “AWW MAN!!”

Jim: *quietly* Don’t really have a home. And I can’t lose Black.”

*the other three look at him in surprise*

Alan: “Uh . . . what do you mean?”

ME:  “His horse.”

Alan: “OH!” . . . . *blinks* “You still ride a horse everywhere?! DUDE! Isn’t that like so. . .   100 years ago?!”

*Jim smiles a little but says nothing*

Megyn: *after taking a moment to recover from the previous question* “I’d rather lose the car. I know a good many people who would be glad to take me wherever I want to go.” *to Francis’s comment on being brave* “I think Eirian would disagree with you. . .”

Alan: “I don’t know . . . I like the job I’ve got. But to be a pirate. A pirate captain. . . it be cool. As long as I wasn’t TOO bad . . .

Dayton: *angrily* “A pirate, of course! No one will hold me prisoner!”

Megyn: “I’d rather his prisoner. A pirate’s life would be full of adventures and travel, but I couldn’t steal, kill and destroy as they did. ”

Jim: *nods*

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer *laughing at Judah*

• This reply was modified 1 day, 15 hours ago by  Dakota.

Viewing 14 posts - 151 through 164 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest