Would Your Character Rather. . .

Forums Fiction Characters Would Your Character Rather. . .

This topic contains 163 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Dakota 1 day, 14 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 164 total)
  • Author

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

Would your character rather kill someone he knows will kill again or let the murderer live?

Alex: I would hand them over to the law, but I would leave them alive to do so. So, I think the second one?

Jayden: They must die.

Jane: I would kill them, but not in cold blood.

Calin: I would hand him over to my sister. She might kill him. *Cal from across reality* I heard that.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Dakota
      @dakota

Would your character rather have to obey their enemy for 24 hours or switch places with their enemy for a week?

Alan: “I already have do to the first thing and for 24/7 /365 at that *catches a glance from Megyn and sobers* okay, I’m exaggerating. *snickers* I’ll go for number two. It’s be fun to be the boss for a while.”

Dayton: *snarls at Alan* You would make a wreck of the fire station, you bumbler!

Alan: *pretending to be offended* I’m not STUPID or anything, am I? And we’d have a lot more fun, ‘cept making fun of–!!

Dayton:*clears throat loudly* ANYWAY, I will pass on this question. To you, Miss Harris.

Alan: *cheerfully* Because she would have to either obey Jared or obey Jared( unless it’s God we’re talking about here) !!

Megyn: *shakes her head at Alan* “Another difficult question. *Thinks for several minutes* I think I would rather obey him, as much as I can without disobeying Jesus. For, if we switched places, I would be Christian in a place where evil abounds and they would be a sinful person in a place where they could pollute many innocent people. *shakes her head vehemently* I couldn’t do that. I’d rather be his slave.”

Jim: *thinks, with eyes burning and jaw set* “If I could swap without harming anyone else, like Megyn said, I’d do it.”

Would your character rather kill someone he knows will kill again or let the murderer live?

Dayton: “Why ask such a question?! Of course I would kill him. He’s worthy of his fate and to let him live would be to betray my countrymen.”

Alan:”*looks blank a moment* UH . . . eh . . I don’t know. I guess I would kill him or her, but I’ve always saved lives, not taken them  . . .” *twists his face and looks out the window*

Jim: *been staring at the wall and clenching the grip of the pistol by his side* I’d be a murderer, and I know he needs to be saved. . .  But . . .I can’t say what I would do in a moment  . . . and he’s killed so many . . .*inhales slowly and sets his teeth*

Megyn: *face pales a little when first asked, then listens to the others in shocked silence* “I-I can’t – wouldn’t want to – to kill anyone. Even if I had no other choice, I’d rather-die-then kill even the worst murderer.  Even if I knew-knew WHO he was going to kill *swallows hard* I’d have let him live-do my very best to save that soul-murderer and the one he’d murder-at all cost. I’d-I’d be se-nding him to-to–*shuts her eyes and breathes shakily* his eternal destiny and I know what that is. I-I just couldn’t do that-”

Dayton: *HMPHS and looks disdainfully at Alan and Megyn* “Get a grip. Forget fantasy and emotions. You’d really let him kill a innocent person, even the person you loved most??!”

Megyn: *simply snd squeezing her eyes and doasn’t answer*

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer

Would your character rather lose all his/her memories and have to start over again in his/her mind, or keep only bad memories?

Alan: “I’d rather lose my mind. It would be fun to start over and no fun to only remember the bad stuff.”

Dayton: *bits her lip* Why such difficult questions?? I didn’t accept this survey position looking for a torture session. “I’m not prepared to answer this question.”

Megyn: *thoughtfully* Even if they were bad memories, there is something or someone in them who I would want to remember, no matter how painful.

Jim: *nods in agreement*

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Dakota.

Psalm 119:11
      Your word I have hidden in my heart,
      That I might not sin against You.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

Would your character rather lose all his/her memories and have to start over again in his/her mind, or keep only bad memories?

Francis: *blinks* *tears fill his eyes* I-I can’t answer this question. . .I’m sorry. *squeezes his eyes shut tight*

Phoenix: Francis? *looks over at the him* um-I-would loose my mind.

Skye: Can I remember anything that wasn’t bad? I’ll just keep the bad ones, since that’s all I got anyway.

Judah: *whispers to me* Is Francis ok?

Me: *To Judah* not really. *hugs Francis*

Francis: *hugs me back*

Judah *to me* ok. . . I’m sorry *to the question* Ugh! I don’t know! I think I’d rather lose my memory right now! And everyone else’s for them so the world could just start over and maybe the bad guys could forget to be bad, and the rest of us could forget the badness done to us and-That-would-be-great!!

Hector: *Looks at Francis* I’ll agree with Megyn and make this easy. *smiles at Megyn* *gets up and comes over to us (Francis and I)*

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Banana Peacock Warrior
        @banana-peacock-warrior

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer: Thanks! Sometimes I feel like Elissa is too perfect… anyone think so?

Cadenza: Woah what’s this with murderers? I’m not killing anybody!

Barbinas: Well it’s either kill the murderer or let the murderer kill someone else? What if you’re his next victim? Kill him.

Elissa: I’m not killing anybody!!!!?!!!!

Cadenza: That’d be a pretty depressing life… I’d be dumb but I think I’d lose all memories.

Barbinas: I guess I would keep my bad memories… aren’t those all my memories, anyway? *smirks*

Elissa: I would keep my bad memories. If I can get through the initial depression, it’ll make any future happy moments all the more happier.

Would your character rather live a life of poverty and freedom or luxury and a prisoner? 

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
          ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭94:19‬ ‭

@banana-peacock-warrior

No. . . not unless you think Hector is too perfect 😉 😛

Would your character rather live a life of poverty and freedom or luxury and a prisoner?

Francis: *stares in blank dismay* *tries to speak but can’t*

Phoenix: I’ve never tasted luxury, but I have been a prisoner. I’ve lived in poverty, but have never been free.

free. . . I guess I’ll see what it’s like to live in luxury.

Skye: Poverty and freedom! I will never be under the thumb of anyone!

Judah: Poverty and freedom. . . I’ve experienced all of them and that was my favorite.

Hector: Poverty and freedom. . . I’d give up riches and luxury for FREEDOM any day! I’d rather live alone in the woods with God and his world then in luxury anywhere.

Kayla Skywriter
            @kayla-skywriter

Alex: I don’t want to lose my good memories, but I want to keep some of my own memories. Second one.

Jayden: *sobbs* Start over.

Jane: *cries with him* Me too.

Calin: Do I get to make new good memories after I give mine up, or am I stuck with only bad?

Alex: Poverty and freedom

Jayden: Same

Jane: I don’t know what I’d do with a life of luxury, I’ll stick with poverty.

Calin: What is Luxury?

Sam M
              @sam-m

Judah: Poverty and freedom. Stuff doesn’t matter that much anyway, but freedom…yeah, I wouldn’t want to live without that. …I’ve had enough imprisonment in my life.

Lauren: Poverty and freedom. Definitely.

Dante: What kind of prisoner are we talking about here?

Travis: Hunger isn’t high on my list of life goals, but I think we can all agree that living in chains for Gucci and a Maserati is utterly pathetic.

Dante (quietly): Can we? …I kind of like my Maserati.

Frankie: What I would give for freedom… The first one! Please!

<b>Would your character rather be brilliant and rich or have super strength and the ability to fly?</b>

Would your character rather be brilliant and rich or have super strength and the ability to fly?

Francis: I’m sick of being rich!! . . . though I’m not at all brilliant. . . and that would be nice. I think I’d rather be strong and able to fly.

Pheonix: I’ll be rich and brilliant, though flying does sound tempting.

Skye: Rich and brilliant. I’d like to know what it’s like to have money for a little while.

Judah: *looks at Hector mischievously* Hector’s already has super strength and he probably does fly when he’s out in the woods alone talking to birds!

Hector:  *laughs* Judah, I don’t fly.

Judah: *winks  significantly* he didn’t deny the super strength part! Personally, I think I would rather be super strong and be able to fly.

Hector: *sighs* I agree with Francis and Judah. I don’t need money to live in the woods with the wild creatures and they don’t care if you’re brilliant or not. I don’t want to be brilliant and rich. . . unless to give all the riches away and then come back to my woods again.

Kayla Skywriter
                @kayla-skywriter

Would your character rather be brilliant and rich or have super strength and the ability to fly?

Alex: Given my line of work I’ll take super strength and the ability to fly.

Jayden: And I’ll become brilliant and rich so I can stop him and his super powers.

Jane: I’d chose brilliant, but what would I do with riches? Oh well, once I have them I’d figure it out.

Calin: Super strength and the ability to fly.

Would you character rather have to get up with the sun or go to bed when the sun goes down?

Alex: Get up with the sun, I do a lot of work at night.

Jayden: I don’t know, I guess the same as Alex.

Jane: I already get up before the sun.

Calin: Get up with the sun.

Katy Walker
                  @katy-walker

@theclumsy_lamplighter

Altaio: I would rather live in an eternal day than an eternal night. My nights are filled with only nightmares and death and dragons.

New Question:

Would you rather be a mother/father or the favorite aunt/uncle?

~Katy Walker

Francis: Well. . . to Eirian, I’m already a favorite adopted uncle so. . . I’ll just stay that. *winks at Megyn*

Phoenix: A mother *tears in her eyes*

Skye: umm. . . I don’t care really. . . I-I have never really interacted with kids.

Judah: uhh. . . *swallows hard* I- I’ll pass on this one.

Hector: *smiles strangely, but says nothing*

R.M. Archer
                      @r-m-archer

Elk: *shrugs* Either one.

Sarabrina: A mother.

Leafman: *frowns* Neither.

Saria: *tilts her head at Leafman* Not even an uncle?

Leafman: It said favorite uncle, and we know that’s never going to happen. *frowns at Elk*

Saria: *sighs and then puts on a grin* I want to be both! I want to have kids to nurture and kids to spoil. *giggles*

Would you rather be best friends with a talking chipmunk or a magic-less unicorn?

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Would you rather be best friends with a talking chipmunk or a magic-less unicorn?

Francis: A talking chipmunk!!

Phoenix: Yep! A talking chipmunk would be SOOO cute!!

Skye: I really don’t even care!!

Judah: AWW!! talking chipmunk!

Hector: I’m already friends with a talking chipmunk. . . several actually. They just speak their own language.

R.M. Archer
                        @r-m-archer

Hector: I’m already friends with a talking chipmunk. . . several actually. They just speak their own language.

Ooh I like Hector. XD

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

@r-m-archer

THANKS!! LOL!! So do I!! he’s one of my favorite characters! he’s one of those ones that you wonder if you’re really making them up or if they have a mind of their own!

Tell me 'bout ya OC'S!

I told everybody about him in this thread. . . dunno if you’ve read it.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest