fb

WordPress

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
    @thewirelessblade

So I’m going to try to do a blog thingy, but I don’t really know how.

Here’s the link: thewirelessblade.wordpress.com

As you tell, I’ve got nothing. Which is why I need help.

*Forum Signature here*

Catwing
    @catwing

@wireless-blade What exactly do you need help with? How to add pictures/find free stock photos? What to write in your posts? Design elements? What pages to add? Which theme to use? Decision making? It could help if you described your situtation a bit more.
    I shall tag some more exprienced people too.

@ethryndal
    @snapper @hope-ann @sarah-inkdragon @josiah @mariposa

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

Hey @thewirelessblade! I’ve moved this to General Writing Discussions as that’s the best forum for this kind of topic. 🙂 I’ll second @catwing’s questions. What kind of help are you looking for?

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Sarah Baran
    @ethryndal

@thewirelessblade Three questions:

1.) Why do you want to start a blog?

2.) What do you want it to be about?

3.) What do you hope to achieve through it?

INTJ ➸ https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
    @thewirelessblade

Sorry for taking so long to reply, life’s been life.

@ethryndal
    (Your tag sounds like a hybrid of a mint flavor and an elf name. No offence)

1.) Why do you want to start a blog? It was suggested by the folks over at The Young Writer.

2.) What do you want it to be about? I don’t really know… Whatever comes to mind, I guess.

3.) What do you hope to achieve through it? Experience? I’m not sure. 

@josiah
    and @catwing

Pretty much everything.

*Forum Signature here*

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@thewirelessblade Hey, so I guess you were trying to make a blog? Have you picked out a template that you like? Or are you trying to figure that out as well?

Because if you haven’t that’s where you should start and there are different templates that are directed and aimed for different kinds of sites – there are some set up to fit a blog best, some to fit a business best, etc.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Evelyn.
    MoonInk
    @moonink

@thewirelessblade  I too use wordpress as a blogging platform.  What I would suggest is going over to other wordpress blogs that have content that interest you and doing some research as to what kind of themes they use, what types of  posts and pages they make, then get creative and put together your own.  If you use a theme for a while then decide you don’t like it, there’s no rule that says you can’t change it.  If you are wondering what kind of content  or pages to put up,  most blogs have a page where you introduce yourself and explain what you plan on putting on your blog.  Some helpful advice I received on starting a blog is to write at least five posts before your blog goes “live”.  also don’t be afraid to follow blogs you like on wordpress.

Reader, Writer, Arter (oops, I mean artist)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest