fb

Word Counting. HELP!!!!!

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Word Counting. HELP!!!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RaeMarie
    @raemarie

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for an app or anything to help with keeping track of how many words I write.

Because of life drama, I haven’t written much over the past year. This month, my goal was to start writing 500 words each month. That probably seems small to everyone, but I haven’t written in a year. So it seems like an impossible task.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

INFP-T. Christ follower, music lover, a dreamer of Middle Earth..........

K.M. Small
    @morreafirebird

@raemarie it’s awesome that you want to start keeping track of your words! It’s a great way to become more consistent as a writer 😀

Here are a couple sites I’ve used:

– The NaNoWriMo website. Though the actual National Novel Writing Month isn’t until November and there are camps only two times a year, you can use their goal trackers to make word count goals.  https://nanowrimo.org/

– MyWriteClub is also a good one. It’s similar to NaNoWriMo, but a little simpler. https://www.mywriteclub.com/

Both of those are mainly for making goals, not much tracking them, but I’ve found they work great. If you want it even simpler, you could use an Exel spreadsheet, regular calendar, or Perry Elisabeth Design has special word count tracking calendars: perryelisabethdesign.com/product/writemind-wordcount-tracking-calendars-2017/

I hope that helps 🙂

~ Khylie
    "Beauty will save the world." - Dostoevsky

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

@morreafirebird Thank you so much for your help!! I will try them all and see which works better. My goal is to be steadily writing by November. I hope to get around 5,000 words written for NaNoWriMo. 🙂

INFP-T. Christ follower, music lover, a dreamer of Middle Earth..........

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest