fb

Window installation is loud. Very loud. Very very…

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Window installation is loud. Very loud. Very very…

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    overcomer
    @overcomer

Hi, I’m Mallory.  Nice to meet you, fellow writers.  Sorry if my introduction is a bit brief, but I currently cannot think of anything except for the sound of windows being installed, and the feeling of the house vibrating in response.  If my hair could stand on end… hold on a sec.

*scrambles desperately for headphones*

Phew!  That’s better.  Where was I?  I’m a girl from Virginia, I’m in my twenties, and I like writing speculative fiction, snippets of poetry, etc.  I’m also attempting the blogging thing.  I’m not very tech savvy, so it’s a work in progress.  When I’m not writing or designing my website, (or reading and goofing off) I’m studying to become a proofreader.  (A fun job for a writer, right?)

I like reading, discovering words, subtitles, chocolate, and tea.  (No coffee, thanks.)

For those of you who are interested in that sort of thing, my MBTI type is ENTP.  (Which means I’m constantly coming up with new story ideas and getting distracted from my current WIP.  Not that I mind.  It’s fun.)

Um… and that’s pretty much it.  If you have any questions for me or just want to chat and say hello, just post in this thread.  I love to chat. 🙂  Thanks!

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

Hey friend! I’m Elizabeth, and I’m an INTP! I love to talk, so it you want to chat, feel free to do so in my thread too!

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

Welcome to Story Embers! I’m always glad to meet another person who generally can’t stand coffee. 😜

How cool that you’re studying to become a proofreader! I’m a professional editor, so I (strangely) derive much pleasure from catching typos and other errors on a page. By the way, if you’re planning to proofread books, one space after a period is the standard now, not two (like you inserted in your post). 😉 The two-space rule retired with the typewriter.

overcomer
    @overcomer

Nice to meet you @elizabeth ! 🙂 I love superheroes too.

Hi, @briannastorm . Thanks for welcoming me. 🙂 One space, huh? That’s going to be a hard habit to break. I personally prefer the look of two spaces but if I want to be professional I should probably get used to using one. Thanks for the heads up.

Errors, especially improper word usage, drive me crazy. I want to be a proofreader to help protect words from abuse and save my fellow readers from the agony of reading error-riddled books. I believe that good stories deserve to look their best, don’t you? 🙂 (Pardon the excessive smiley faces. They’re uncontrollable.) 😉

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@overcomer

I want to be a proofreader to help protect words from abuse and save my fellow readers from the agony of reading error-riddled books. I believe that good stories deserve to look their best, don’t you?

*Shouts a resounding yes* Couldn’t have said it better!

And I love smiley faces. 😀🙂☺️😋😉

Rolena Hatfield
    @rolena-hatfield

@overcomer Mallory! You’re here! Hello! *muchexcitement* 🙂 Is your website you’re designing a new one or your current blog? 😀

overcomer
    @overcomer

Hi, @rolena-hatfield ! 🙂

A new one. The old one is dead… or at least, it should be. 😉 When I started that one I didn’t have any clue what a “niche” was or what I wanted to write about. The new one will have a theme I like and that makes sense. I hope.

That is if it ever gets launched. Making a website is harder than I anticipated. :/

Snapper
    @snapper

@overcomer Hello fellow Virginian! 😀 *waves*

*melts chair*

overcomer
    @overcomer

Hey @snapper ! 🙂 *waves back*

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@overcomer Howdy! My assistant, Aberdeen (he’s an ink-drinking, book -eating Authorosarus), is excited to make your acquaintance! 🦖😃

What are your favorite books?

overcomer
    @overcomer

Hi, @mariposa , Aberdeen, nice to meet you too. 🙂

A few of my favorite books are The Hobbit, The Chronicles of Narnia, Pride and Prejudice, Peter and Wendy, The Kingdom Series, and
    The Lord of the Rings.

What are your favorites?

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@overcomer Some of my favorites (fiction and nonfiction) are: Robot Wars, An Old-Fashioned Girl, Twelve Ordinary Men, Hard to Believe, John Ploughman’s Talk and John Ploughman’s Pictures, and Around the Wicket Gate. 🙂

overcomer
    @overcomer

I’ve read Robot Wars, and An Old-Fashioned Girl. (The latter several times.) They’re really good. 🙂 @mariposa

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest