fb

Will you have me back? Pretty Please?

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Will you have me back? Pretty Please?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Erynne
    @erynne

Well, if we elected Erynne it would be.

I VOLUNTEER I VOLUNTEER I’VE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE IN POLITICS (I just have moral issues with that) BUT I WILL DO IT, I WILL BE YOUR CHICKEN PRESIDENT! A VOTE FOR ME IS A VOTE FOR FRIES!

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@noah-cochran

You deserve the praise. Send some of your countrymen over to Missouri so I can get a break of us yapping O-mericans.

South-Africans either sound like me or they sound like a German trying to speak English with an Australian accent. Never know which, it’s pretty random. I sound like my mom and my dad sounds like he’s from a different country.

For real though, when I write a particular personality, I find myself acting a little like that personality. Good thing I don’t write homicidal maniacs. xD

Oh, goodness, SAME!! I start thinking like them, I start talking like them, I start acting like them, it’s the weirdest!! It’s both funny and sometimes useful.

Whenever I’m in social situations where I feel awkward I often just go “How would Liorah handle this?” (With impeccible confidence and poise. Which I do not have) and then do that XD Not in other situations though! Heavens, no.

No. Kidding.

You wanna know something extra funny? They’re not even our government. We fired them… *checks* in March. They’re not supposed to be ruling or making laws but they can’t make up their minds to form a new coalition. (European thing, it just means they haven’t formed a new government yet. We don’t know who the PM will be until they figure that out) So… our goverment was fired months ago and they’re still ruling. It’s a mess.

Even better when you know they were fired for tax fraud. (Apparently, almost everyone was in on it.) They still haven’t fixed it.

I sense sarcasm.

NoOOooOO!!! NeVEr!!

Yes, a minimum of forty, perhaps fifty cats, any fewer furry felines and one would run out of friends. +1 vote for cats

I want an entire wall covered in swords. +1 vote for swords

Anything less than excellent wifi is simply unbearable. +1 vote for excellent wifi

You get me. Also, I forgot about a room with nothing but books. Absolutely essential.

Uh…+1 vote for creepy cat woman?

Not creepy, ✨eccentric✨

Yeah, so Cathy is a great example of many Americans, Rose.

Like… just on the hospitality aspect, right? Right??!! jk XD

@erynne

You have a point… You always seem to answer at like 3 am XD

LOL, yeah XD I pretty much have a mental checklist for converting timezones (I have friends in the craziest places) and it has happened that I hesitated before telling someone goodnight (In person, I was standing right next to them) because I couldn’t remember if it was ‘night for them’. It was hilarious XD

Soooo we were at a parade and there was a ton of traffic but we needed to cross the street, so when we had a chance we ran across. I wasn’t paying too much attention, I was just trying to get across, but I heard my mom yelling at me so I look up to see a car flying right towards me so I get back, but since I seriously went from a full on run to a dead stop, my clumsy butt tripped over my feet and caught myself right in front of the car. I only had like half a second to get out of the way so I just took a step back, and that step just happened to be big enough. I was only about three inches away from the car as it passed. The Lord was definitely looking out for me

GOODNESS ERYNNE BE CAREFUL!! That’s so scary! I’m so glad you’re alright!!

Can’t say I have. That would be traumatizing though. I normally have nightmares about myself or my siblings getting kidnapped

LOL, I usually have the serial killer flavor of nightmares (no clue why) and for some reason I can never hide in nightmares?? It’s so dumb, I’ll just stand in the dumbest place, obviously not hidden and dream-self will be like “Ah, yes. They’ll never think of looking behind a curtian with feet.”

It’s stupid but always either scary or just like “Ugh this again”

I understand, I HATE my voice!! It’s so deep, I sound like a man. Seriously the only thing pretty about me is the way my name is spelled and my eyes.

Yours is so pretty though!! Don’t ever feel self conscious about it! The accent is so unique (at least to me) and I’m obsessed with accents so naturally I’m in love with it.

LOL, I don’t know a single person who likes their recorded voice XD *Is on the point of lecturing you again about how you’re so beautiful because you were created in the image of God*

Well you mentioned hearing her sing so I didn’t know if y’all are friends or what

Yeah, I get that 🙂

I VOLUNTEER I VOLUNTEER I’VE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE IN POLITICS (I just have moral issues with that) BUT I WILL DO IT, I WILL BE YOUR CHICKEN PRESIDENT! A VOTE FOR ME IS A VOTE FOR FRIES!

You’re elected. I just elected you. The bar is low, if you don’t commit fraude you’re an improvement.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Rose.

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Bwahahahaha I’m dying

You’re welcome! 😉

You might be kidding but I’m just confused XD What are you referring to? If I wanna know….

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!

Girl yessssss I just wanted to be nice to Noah ya know. I think he wins over guns but definitely not fries. Nu-uh nothing wins over fried potato sticks.

LOL Noah, you’ve been bested by guns on my side and fries on her side and now you’re
    suitably roasted.
    But dang girl, sarcasm is better than fries, ain’t it? 😉

You’ve never seen me. Guns aren’t the most attractive thing in the world because I am. Haha! *stands like superhero with bagpipes playing in the background*

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    But you know what would make you more attractive.
    Guns. 😜

YES YOU ARE!!! @noah-cochran I’ve heard her sing and it’s fantastic she has a gorgeous voice!!

(dang she had to come back with that…fyi that was take one-hundred-and-billion XDD)
    *sinks behind desk with a book over my face XDDDD*

YESSS!!! The Plagues is my absolute favorite, it’s just so DRAMATIC!! And climactic and the entire story was just so beautifully written it always makes me tear up!! And the animation! *perfect*

IKR!!!!!!!! IT’S EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH I LOVE THAT ONE IT’S ONE OF MY
    FAVORITES EVA!!!!!!

I’m going to pretend I didn’t see that. XD

Five second rule, honey

…. You’re saying that like I didn’t text you last week with a plan to make my biology teacher think I’m a serial killer. (Also, the correct reply to a plan like that isn’t “LOL, DO IT!!” XD)

I don’t recall that conversation on Pinterest and you have no evidence for it 😇

I’ve been thinking of things I’d rather do! Here’s a list! Wrestle a crocodile Jump out of a moving car Pet a hungry lion Jump out of a plane Climb a mountain (I have terrible fear of heights so those count double) Basically, nope

*dang she pulls out my bucket list*

You get me.

😁

I hate heights too so climbing a mountain is definitely equivalent to wrestling a crocodile. There’s mountain in North Carolina (for your Dutch face it’s somewhere in between New York and Disney) the mountain is called Grandfather Mountain and there’s a swinging bridge on the top of it and when the wind blows the medal screeches and it makes you feel like it’s going to break and you’re going to fall exactly one mile down and hit a tree and break your arm then fly with the birdies for a while just long enough that you decide you have superpowers then it dawns on you that you’re just an idiot that fell off a mountain then about that time you crash through a house and die.

Lol I love the imagery.

Do you and Cathy know each other?

Nah we just swapped brains and have to go on an epic quest to fix that 😉

Speaking of nightmares, does anyone else’s nightmares where you’re being chased by something happen in hotels? Like, the setting of the dream is a hotel. I have no clue why, it’s usually that way for me. I think it’s the unfamiliarity, and the endless identical halls and searching for your own room among hundreds of other identical ones and there’s absolutely nowhere to hide.

Nah, I’m what they call a “lucid dreamer” which means I’ve acquired the ability to out-stubborn my dreams…ish. I have ridiculously vivid dreams sometimes and I know I’m dreaming while I’m dreaming so I do whatever dumb stuff I like up to and including: being so bored in a dream-shop I wandered into to buy something for my first dream I dashed at
    ramming speed into a wall and that woke me up (my intention was to get to another dream…), sit there kidnapped by a serial killer like “dang, all I have to do is break the walls but dang that’s too stupidly easy can I just pretend I can’t escape and see where this is headed?”, doing “the thing” ya;know where you’re looking for some such dream item and you’re going through this idk hotel, restaurant with a neat Manga sorta aesthetic and dream wanted to go somewhere else and I was like “DUDE I HAVE BEEN CHASING THIS THINGAMUWHAT ACROSS A FIELD OF MENTAL CASES AND MURDEROUS/SARCASTIC CHARACTERS FROM LACKADAISY SINCE SCENE ONE OF THIS DREAM BY GOLLY I’M GONNA FIND OUT WHAT “THE THING” IS!!!!!” *spoiler; I woke up and never found out what “it” was*

I used have kinda frequent nightmares so I unconsciously trained myself to do that, usually I was dashing down video-game halls that were invariably unlit and there were no lights and it was so obnoxious and searching for my siblings to warn them before they were murdered by the demonic spider.

Thank you, that’s really sweet! I used to be really self-concious of my voice but hearing y’all’s sweet comments really makes me feel better about it.

You do have a pretty epic accent!

Take note Cathy. That is wisdom speaking.

I know. Because I’m talking right now. :DDDD

Well we are talking online, so for all you know, I’m a shy fellow who won’t make eye contact with anyone.

Yeah I’m pretty shy irl too. Until I get to know people, then I’m loud and obnoxious just like I am here!!! 🙂

I course fries are more attractive than me. I may be pretentious, but I’m not that pretentious.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That. Epic. Reply.

For real though, when I write a particular personality, I find myself acting a little like that personality. Good thing I don’t write homicidal maniacs. xD

Good thing, right? Totally good thing, it’d be totally bad if we wrote homicidal maniacs we started really getting into their personalities. Never do that…

*raises both hands in a placating manner* True, true, I’m just one to clarify things.

*agreed*

Ominous.

You’re welcome (:

😭😭😭😭

*smugly* wimp. XDDD

You’re welcome to send us a sample of you singing Ring of Fire in your lovely tones. Wait, you can sing base notes? Can you sing B2?

Ifff you send a sample of your singing voice 😉
    Idk exactly how low B2 is but I can sing as low as the dwarfs in the Hobbit live-action when I want to…?

*thinks back over our debates* I recant my statment

*nods approvingly*

You’re incorrigible.

Nah, I don’t need encouragement (:

A gun just beat me in a beauty contest. What happens in this thread, stays in this thread.

Probably. Unless I need to blackmail you eventually…😇

Yeah, so Cathy is a great example of many Americans, Rose.

I always wanted to be used as a bad example (:

Soooo we were at a parade and there was a ton of traffic but we needed to cross the street, so when we had a chance we ran across. I wasn’t paying too much attention, I was just trying to get across, but I heard my mom yelling at me so I look up to see a car flying right towards me so I get back, but since I seriously went from a full on run to a dead stop, my clumsy butt tripped over my feet and caught myself right in front of the car. I only had like half a second to get out of the way so I just took a step back, and that step just happened to be big enough. I was only about three inches away from the car as it passed. The Lord was definitely looking out for me

*ok is it bad that I almost want to say “describe every sensation of your neardeath encounter so I can describe it in a story?*

*Am I the only one doing that?*

But dang nice save!!! Don’t get killed before me ok I couldn’t live without you I’d die of boredom!!!!!

<3

I understand, I HATE my voice!! It’s so deep, I sound like a man. Seriously the only thing pretty about me is the way my name is spelled and my eyes.

My voice is kinda deep, and sometimes a little breathy, but I have a pretty cute voice: Ergo, you have a cute voice too and don’t try arguing with me we both know you will fail 😉

Well then I’m just an idiot. SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN IT TO THIS HELPLESS BEING

😇😇😇

Like… just on the hospitality aspect, right? Right??!! jk XD

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA awww that’s so cute 😇

To be a light to the world you must shine in the darkness.

Erynne
    @erynne

@rose-colored-fancy

LOL, yeah XD I pretty much have a mental checklist for converting timezones (I have friends in the craziest places) and it has happened that I hesitated before telling someone goodnight (In person, I was standing right next to them) because I couldn’t remember if it was ‘night for them’. It was hilarious XD

Oof, poor you. That does sound funny tho XD

GOODNESS ERYNNE BE CAREFUL!! That’s so scary! I’m so glad you’re alright!!

I’m either going to die from being sarcastic at a bad time or my clumsiness is gonna get me XD

LOL, I usually have the serial killer flavor of nightmares (no clue why) and for some reason I can never hide in nightmares?? It’s so dumb, I’ll just stand in the dumbest place, obviously not hidden and dream-self will be like “Ah, yes. They’ll never think of looking behind a curtian with feet.”

It’s stupid but always either scary or just like “Ugh this again”

That’s pretty hilarious. My favorite dreams are the ones you can control. They’re also my least favorite because they seem to be the most bizarre which makes it impossible to explain to people.

LOL, I don’t know a single person who likes their recorded voice XD

I didn’t say recorded XD

Is on the point of lecturing you again about how you’re so beautiful because you were created in the image of God*

shhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You’re elected. I just elected you. The bar is low, if you don’t commit fraude you’re an improvement

YESSSSSS IM PRESIDENT MY FIRST MOVE IS TO TAKE OUT ALL OF THE DOORKNOBS IN THE WHITE HOUSE AND REPLACE THEM WITH MY OWN (that’s what Biden did when he became president to show his hatred to our previous president btw)

(I have to explain for our dutch princess)

(XD)

@this-is-not-an-alien

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!

UGHHHH CATHY IF YOU DON’T TELL ME I WILL SEND YOU STUFF YOU WONT LIKE ON PINTEREST!!!!! DO YOU ENJOY CLOWNS?

LOL Noah, you’ve been bested by guns on my side and fries on her side and now you’re
    suitably roasted.
    But dang girl, sarcasm is better than fries, ain’t it?

Fries and sarcasm live in a world of equality ok?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    But you know what would make you more attractive.
    Guns.

Even though Noah and I are more attractive than guns, I totally agree anything can be attractive if you give ’em a gun. Almost anything. There’s some stuff that’s just no.

*dang she pulls out my bucket list*

I totally believe it too XD

Lol I love the imagery.

You’re welcome

being so bored in a dream-shop I wandered into to buy something for my first dream I dashed at
    ramming speed into a wall and that woke me up (my intention was to get to another dream…),

Dude I gotta try that

Ifff you send a sample of your singing

DO IT ALL OF YOU!!! IF EVERYONE DOES IT I WILL

Good thing, right? Totally good thing, it’d be totally bad if we wrote homicidal maniacs we started really getting into their personalities. Never do that…

Awwww man!! There goes my weekend plans 🙄 Thanks a lot, Cathy

*ok is it bad that I almost want to say “describe every sensation of your neardeath encounter so I can describe it in a story?*

*Am I the only one doing that?*

Ummm 😂

Don’t get killed before me ok I couldn’t live without you I’d die of boredom!!!!!

You know what, if I was dead, everyone would die of boredom. It’s just a sad fact.

So because of that I’ll die after every other human being.

But that might look a little suspicious and I might get arrested.

But all the cops are all dead.

I’ll just have to arrest myself.

*nods with satisfaction*

My voice is kinda deep, and sometimes a little breathy, but I have a pretty cute voice: Ergo, you have a cute voice too and don’t try arguing with me we both know you will fail

I don’t and you’ve never heard my voice, but I will fail I know.

😇😇😇

CATHYYYYYYYYY PLEASE

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Erynne
    @erynne

@Noah-Cochran

NOAH NOAH NOAH NOAH GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT

hi

No for real tho. Me mum explained to me what you meant by all things being predestined. I dunno what your thinking is but here is mine: I obviously believe God knows all past, all future, and absolutely everything in between, however I do not believe all things are predestined. I believe that His people were chosen and that all are welcome it’s just your choice to enter (which I think you do too) but I don’t think all things are predestined. I’m not sure what you believe on the subject but I’m excited to at least be able to answer your question and to only seem like half- ok, maybe three quarters of an idiot.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

(dang she had to come back with that…fyi that was take one-hundred-and-billion XDD)
    *sinks behind desk with a book over my face XDDDD*

Sorry I didn’t mean to embarass you but IT WAS SO PRETTY!!!

IKR!!!!!!!! IT’S EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH I LOVE THAT ONE IT’S ONE OF MY
    FAVORITES EVA!!!!!!

Yesss!!! Just the drama of it!!!!

Five second rule, honey

Bacteria wouldn’t dare break the international agreement of five seconds.

I don’t recall that conversation on Pinterest and you have no evidence for it

*Rummages through the conversation and screenshots it.* Legal evidence 😇😇 (Or blackmail? Which is it?)

Nah we just swapped brains and have to go on an epic quest to fix that

OOH, THAT’S A COOL BOOK PLOT!!! XD (jk, kinda) Oh, that actually explains a lot… How are you dealing with my brain, I never meant to inflict that on you XD Nobody else was supposed to deal with that…

I have ridiculously vivid dreams sometimes and I know I’m dreaming while I’m dreaming so I do whatever dumb stuff I like up to and including: being so bored in a dream-shop I wandered into to buy something for my first dream I dashed at
    ramming speed into a wall and that woke me up (my intention was to get to another dream…), sit there kidnapped by a serial killer like “dang, all I have to do is break the walls but dang that’s too stupidly easy can I just pretend I can’t escape and see where this is headed?”

That’s… unique XD LOL, that’s the weirdest XD Sounds kinda fun though!

usually I was dashing down video-game halls that were invariably unlit and there were no lights and it was so obnoxious and searching for my siblings to warn them before they were murdered by the demonic spider.

*Squints suspiciously* This sounds extremely familiar.

LOL, I forgot another frequent dream incident is that I dream I’m one of my characters. Or just another character that I don’t know. I just know I’m not myself, it’s very weird XD

This has happened with Liorah but mostly with Aydin. I’ve had dreams from his POV several times which is weird since I don’t even relate to him that much? I guess I just think about him a lot.

I actually had another Aydin dream last night. It’s usually some kind of weird AU thing but sometimes it’s just a detailed retelling of a scene I’d been plotting. And I instantly forget it upon waking up.

You do have a pretty epic accent!

Thanks, it was a gift from my parents 😁

Well then I’m just an idiot. SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN IT TO THIS HELPLESS BEING

I’m staying out of this one. I just wanna see when she figures it out… 😈

@erynne

I’m either going to die from being sarcastic at a bad time or my clumsiness is gonna get me XD

LOL, I’ll either walk off something because I was daydreaming or I’ll just recognize something is dangerous and throw myself into it with more enthousiasm than wisdom.

That’s pretty hilarious. My favorite dreams are the ones you can control. They’re also my least favorite because they seem to be the most bizarre which makes it impossible to explain to people.

LOL, I’ve never had one of those. I have pretty standard dreams, I especially hate the ones where nothing specifically terrible happens but I can’t complete simple tasks and I’ll be late. Those are SO frustrating.

shhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*Is waiting for another excuse to throw that one at you.*

YESSSSSS IM PRESIDENT MY FIRST MOVE IS TO TAKE OUT ALL OF THE DOORKNOBS IN THE WHITE HOUSE AND REPLACE THEM WITH MY OWN (that’s what Biden did when he became president to show his hatred to our previous president btw)

You’re. Kidding. That’s the pettiest thing in existence XD That’s hilarious though XD (Btw, I elected you the Dutch Prime Minister, but change the doorknobs anyway. Have fun running the frog country.😈 )

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@rose-colored-fancy

South-Africans either sound like me or they sound like a German trying to speak English with an Australian accent.

😂 Pure gold.

How would Liorah handle this?

Yeah, if I did that with Hugon, I would not have any friends. xD

Also, come on Rose, learn from your characters, instill within yourself an iron aplomb. 🙂

Even better when you know they were fired for tax fraud.

I nearly laughed out loud at that, which is extremely rare for me. Though I suppose it is rather inconsiderate of me considering that you have to live under that lunacy. But…sorry, I’m gonna laugh anyway. xD

NoOOooOO!!! NeVEr!!

Uh huh, sure. 😏

Also, I forgot about a room with nothing but books.

Yes! My dream house contains a large library with a fire place and plush chairs.

Not creepy, ✨eccentric✨

You can’t just hide behind euphemisms. 😉

Like… just on the hospitality aspect, right? Right??!!

Yes, yes. Don’t worry, not all Americans are hyperactive demon bantams.

@this-is-not-an-alien

Yeah I’m pretty shy irl too.

I have a hard time believing that.

*smugly* wimp. XDDD

*trashes the fake tears strategy, takes a moment of thought, picks a new strategy, and flashes you the single most charming smile you’ve ever seen*

I’ll take that as a compliment in disguise.

Ifff you send a sample of your singing voice 😉

Only if Rose does, i.e, I’ll pass. 🙂

Idk exactly how low B2 is but I can sing as low as the dwarfs in the Hobbit live-action when I want to…?

Second line to the bottom on the base clef.

If you can sing as low as a dwarf, you can see at least as low if not lower than me. Wild.

Probably. Unless I need to blackmail you eventually…

Well this is just great. 😒

@erynne

Noah and I are more attractive than guns

That’s the spirit. Just keep it right at that.

*waits patiently with wet smile of impatience for your apology*

My deepest apologies, I was in grievous error.

NOAH NOAH NOAH NOAH GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT

A clown from a parade almost ate you?

No for real tho. Me mum explained to me what you meant by all things being predestined. I dunno what your thinking is but here is mine: I obviously believe God knows all past, all future, and absolutely everything in between, however I do not believe all things are predestined. I believe that His people were chosen and that all are welcome it’s just your choice to enter (which I think you do too) but I don’t think all things are predestined. I’m not sure what you believe on the subject but I’m excited to at least be able to answer your question and to only seem like half- ok, maybe three quarters of an idiot.

Oh. Not clowns. Predestination. *puts on a different communication style hat*

So it appears you do not believe in absolute predestination of all things, if so, I firmly agree with you. I believe (and it seem you do too?) that God only predestinated one thing, that being his elect to heaven.

I believe that His people were chosen and that all are welcome it’s just your choice to enter (which I think you do too)

It depends what you mean. I believe God chose a people (His elect) and predestined them to be born again during their lives, and then to be glorified in heaven one day. The only people who enter heaven and our born again are the ones God chose, I do not believe that God saved everyone, nor do I believe that we have a choice in the matter (see Jacob have I love Esau have I hated verse in Romans 9). Thoughts? I could supply loads of verse to support this, but that would start a giant and chaotic discussion. *glances surreptitiously at Cathy*

Erynne
    @erynne

@Noah-Cochran

My attractiveness still exceeds yours by a mile.

Thank you, I accept you apology I just hope and pray you spent that in mourning for my almost death because you just care that much

fyi, if a clown tried to eat me, it wouldn’t take me but 10 seconds to pin that clown to the ground.

No I do not think all things are predestined I just believe that God knows all and that there is a reasoning behind everything that happens. No I don’t believe that everyone is saved or chosen, definitely not. If God chose you as His child, that’s that and if He didn’t you won’t be. There’s no controlling His will. In the end His will will be done. This is proven time and time again throughout the Bible especially when doubt or temptation enters the picture. If all were chosen what would be the point of imperfect life here on earth?

My step dad’s favorite thing to show to people who don’t believe in predestination is to lay on the ground and “die” then he says to save yourself. The person is then normally speechless because you can’t save yourself without God which is exactly what I believe. You can’t save yourself and it isn’t your choice.

Do you follow?

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@noah-cochran

Pure gold.

I read it somewhere and I haven’t been able to un-hear it, so I must curse you with it as well.

Yeah, if I did that with Hugon, I would not have any friends. xD

Very valid point. Don’t do that.

Also, come on Rose, learn from your characters, instill within yourself an iron aplomb.

I’m working on not being a chicken XD

I nearly laughed out loud at that, which is extremely rare for me. Though I suppose it is rather inconsiderate of me considering that you have to live under that lunacy. But…sorry, I’m gonna laugh anyway. xD

If you think that’s funny, wait till you hear the full story. Sit back and watch the world burn as I tell you a little tale called “The Dutch child benefits scandal”

So, to shorten it considerably, a large part of the government (mainly the financial district, though many others were in on it) falsely accused a bunch of parents of fraud while trying to regulate the childcare benefits that people recieve from the government.

If they found any kind of blip in the tax accounts, they would accuse them of fraud and demand that they pay back the full amount of childcare benefits they had ever recieved, usually between 10k and 100k euros. These people were often already in a tight financial spot, and then they made them pay back the full amount at once.

This happened to more than 26000 families. Many of them were either immigrants or of dual nationality, who always get singled out to double-check their taxes and claims. More than 1100 children were put into foster care because their parents were in such financial difficulty. This went on for six years.

The Ministers and the Prime Minister knew about all of it, and they let it pass, which is criminal negligence at best and fraud at worst.

The cabinet was forced to resign because of it, but our PM has on multiple occasions said that he will continue in politics despite it and he shows absolutely no regret.

People are trying to sue or have them prosecuted, but they aren’t getting ahead. They’ve started to repay the families, but even in best case scenario not all of them will be repaid.

And the cherry on top is that our PM recieved another majority of votes in this year’s election. (And guess what, his second cabinet was also forced to resign over a claim of fraud.)

This just got more bizarre with every passing sentence.

Yes! My dream house contains a large library with a fire place and plush chairs.

Absolutely, no doubt about it.

You can’t just hide behind euphemisms.

I hide behind euphemisms like I hide behind the curtains in my nightmares. Very obviously.

*sigh of relief* jk XD

It depends what you mean. I believe God chose a people (His elect) and predestined them to be born again during their lives, and then to be glorified in heaven one day. The only people who enter heaven and our born again are the ones God chose, I do not believe that God saved everyone, nor do I believe that we have a choice in the matter (see Jacob have I love Esau have I hated verse in Romans 9)

Okayyy, I’m jumping in here! XD

If God chose who would be saved and who wouldn’t beforehand, why try? If salvation is already decided, what’s the point of believing? You’re either saved or you aren’t. If you’re already saved, regardless of what you do, why follow His commandments? Are you allowed to sin?

As for Romans 9, Esau deliberately disobeyed God with no (documented) signs of repentance, while Jacob always turned back to Him. Imo, if Esau had chosen to obey and love God with his whole heart, that verse wouldn’t exist, and entirety of history would look different.

@erynne

If all were chosen what would be the point of imperfect life here on earth?

My step dad’s favorite thing to show to people who don’t believe in predestination is to lay on the ground and “die” then he says to save yourself. The person is then normally speechless because you can’t save yourself without God which is exactly what I believe. You can’t save yourself and it isn’t your choice.

With Jesus’ death, we were all granted the gift of salvation, but only some choose to accept it. No, you can’t save yourself without God, which is why Jesus died.

And life on earth remains imperfect because being chosen doesn’t make you infallible. People make mistakes and mistakes have consequences. People stray and stumble, and people choose not to accept His gift. That’s why life is imperfect.

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@erynne

Fine, fine, you may hold the stage.

If all were chosen what would be the point of imperfect life here on earth?

I’m a little confused by this, would clarify what you mean?

Exactly. A dead person has no ability to even see or feel the spirit of life, let alone attain it. Here’s one question for ya though (and you can ask your parents if you’re unsure): Do you believe that all the elect/chosen will continue in good works their whole lives? In other words, do you believe in the perseverance of the saints? I believe in the preservation of the saints, meaning that all God saved will get to heave no matter what, but perseverance entails that all the elect and born again will act in a certain level of goodness their whole lives. Which do you believe, perseverance or preservation

@rose-colored-fancy

I read it somewhere and I haven’t been able to un-hear it, so I must curse you with it as well.

I am suitably cursed.

I’m working on not being a chicken

Listen, a woman with the fighting skills you have cannot be a chicken, just think about yourself as a warrior duchess and put on a pristine look everytime your in a social situation, and you’ll be fine.

If you think that’s funny, wait till you hear the full story. Sit back and watch the world burn as I tell you a little tale called “The Dutch child benefits scandal”

O_O And  the PM got re-elected? I’m torn between disdainful disgust and hilarity. xD

Okayyy, I’m jumping in here!

I knew this was going to happen. xD And now that you’ve said all that I just have to respond. So excuse me while I go get my bible. 😏

If God chose who would be saved and who wouldn’t beforehand, why try? If salvation is already decided, what’s the point of believing? You’re either saved or you aren’t. If you’re already saved, regardless of what you do, why follow His commandments? Are you allowed to sin?

I’ll start with this question, since it’s the easiest to answer (and a very common one that I’ve heard asked). There are three reasons what should follow God’s commandments and spread His word:

Reason 1: If I was on a hike, and I had taken the wrong, foolhardy path, and at the end of that path I fell off the cliff–but, right as I was falling, a man caught me. I look up and the man is my most hated enemy. Instead of dropping me to my death, however, the man saves me and hauls me back up onto the ground of safety. That’s just an analogy (that isn’t perfect), but if a scenario like that happened to you, wouldn’t you want to honor that person and do as they ask? In other words, we know that we owe are salvation to God sending His son to suffer and die for us, and because of that, we should want to glorify Him, honor Him, and strive to obey His word (the bible). Personally, I think this reason is good enough on its own, but the next to reasons are more tangible, so let’s get to them.

Reason 2: In Proverbs 11:30 it says: “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.” There are similar passages in the New Testament, and they all mean the same thing: This winning of souls is not saving people eternally (only God has the supernatural power to do that), this is the spreading of the good news which can save people in a timely sense. I’m a guy who loves analogies, so here’s one I’ve heard from at least a couple different elders explaining this topic:

If there was man with a extremely massive debt of money to the bank, he would be under inexpressible strain, and mental anguish as he labored in vain to pay it off. One day, another mystery man came and paid off the entire debt–but, he didn’t tell the other man what he had done, instead, mystery man wrote down what he had done and gave that account of his actions to a few people at the bank. Now, if the bank were not to tell the man that his debt had been paid, that man would keep working to pay off his debt, and he would still be under much strain and mental anguish–even though (and here’s the important part), his debt had already  been paid. Now, if the people at the bank were to read the account of the mystery man’s actions, and then tell that good news to the man with the debt, that man would be free from the bondage of the debt he thought he was under.

I hope that analogy was understandable, but here’s what it means: spreading the good news of the gospel doesn’t save people eternally/born them again (aka, pay off their debt), on the mystery man (aka, God) can do that. However, we can save souls in a timely sense by saving the people who God elected and born again from their ignorance. We can tell them the good news, and open their eyes to our glorious future. I’ve heard so many stories of people that have heard this good news, and a great bondage has been lifted from their shoulders. Did that make any sense?

Reason 3: In the bible, God tells us that though life will be hard and we will go through persecuations and tribulations, if we obey His word and try to bear the fruits of the Spirit, then we will be blessed during our lives (not given eternal life, we have to be born again to bear fruits of the Spirit at all, I’ll elucidate on that momentarily). Blessed spiritually for sure, but sometimes even blessed in a physical, earthly sense.

As for Romans 9, Esau deliberately disobeyed God with no (documented) signs of repentance, while Jacob always turned back to Him. Imo, if Esau had chosen to obey and love God with his whole heart, that verse wouldn’t exist, and entirety of history would look different.

Personally, from what I read in the bible, I always thought that Esau seemed like a better person outwardly than Jacob. But that is moot, let me try to explain why the concept of “accept+obey+love = eternal salvation” is unbiblical.

In 1 Cor. 2:14 it says “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

This is the concept of Total Depravity/having no spiritual life, being completely wicked. When Adam fell, all humanity fell with him (original sin), and now (without God anyway), we are all in that state talked about in the verse above (see Romans 8:1-8, Romans 3: 9-20, for more verses saying the same things). This kinda ties into Erynne’s example of the dead man. People who are spiritually dead, cannot even consider God, accept God, obey God, in fact, they hate God. They hate even the concept of God. This used to be us, used to be me. At one point in my life (or maybe in my mother’s womb), I was like that, completely unable to help myself. Totally unable to receive the things of the Spirit of God.

But. (the word “but” in the bible is glorious, it is what saves us over and over again)

“But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)” (Eph. 2: 4-5)

The verses proceeding that in Eph. 2:1-3, were talking about how we used to be wicked, dead, sinners (similar to the Corinthians verse above). And now it says that God saved us. We were dead, unable to receive the things of God, and now He saved us with supernatural power. He borned us again, something we could never do on our own. In the following verses, Eph. 2: 8-9, it says: “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

I really can’t make it much clear than those original words inspired by God. It was through His faith, not our faith (as it says in the verse), it was through His works, not our works (and works include the act of Accepting God and Loving God).

After that happens, we can start loving God, obeying His word, and spreading the good news (however, and this ties into my statement earlier, if we’re born again, but haven’t heard the gospel preached, haven’t heard what God has done for us, what is pulling at our hearts after being born again, than it is a timely salvation for us to hear the gospel).

One more example (because, ya know, I just gotta xD ), and this example ties back into that first verse from Corinthians. If there were two women lost in the woods. A radio tower a few miles away was sending out signals to lead them to safety (to deliverance, aka, timely/temporal salvation), but neither of them had radios, so neither of them picked up the signal. Then, the heaven’s opened up, and one of the women was dropped a radio. All the sudden, that woman could now hear the signal that was giving her the good news, that safety was not far away. It was telling her the way to get out of the lost woods she was in. That is how being born again is.

People without the radios = totally depraved, not born again (which means they’re either not born again yet, or that they’re not the elect and will never be born again), completely evil

Radio signal = the good news of the gospel that only people with radios can hear. This news shows people the truth, what God has done for them.

People with radios =  people that have already been saved eternally and born again

The skies opening up = God’s supernatural power and love that saves us eternally

Why God chose to elect some and not others, we will never know completely. But that’s not the questions we should ask. The question we should be asking is “why would God pick anyone at all? why would He pick me? I/we hated Him with the deepest level of hatred ever known, so why pick us at all?” That is the mystery of God’s love. I do believe, however, that the vast majority of humankind will be in heaven/are the elect (there are verses that support that, but I won’t go into that right now).

I’m so sorry. xD I knew that was going to turn into something massive, but I couldn’t stop typing. Hopefully I was at least coherent.

Well, I blame it on you two, Erynne and Rose, you started me on this. That’s my excuse anyway. xD

Erynne
    @erynne

@noah-cochran

Fine, fine, you may hold the stage.

It’s about time. I knew you would break eventually.

I’m a little confused by this, would clarify what you mean?

Sure! I just mean that if everyone was saved and was going to end up with Him in the end, what would be the point of of living here on earth in in a life filled with Sin? It’s a rhetorical question, of course.

Here’s one question for ya though (and you can ask your parents if you’re unsure): Do you believe that all the elect/chosen will continue in good works their whole lives? In other words, do you believe in the perseverance of the saints? I believe in the preservation of the saints, meaning that all God saved will get to heave no matter what, but perseverance entails that all the elect and born again will act in a certain level of goodness their whole lives. Which do you believe, perseverance or preservation

I had my own answer but I asked me mum anyways and we said the same thing so here’s my answer: I believe that we are all human and sinners therefore we will all fall short at times. The elect will make it to heaven no matter what, but that doesn’t mean we are perfect or “better” than anyone else. However just because we aren’t perfect (and as long as Satan has his hand in this world, we won’t be) that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t strive to be perfect.

And no, if you’re wondering, I’m not blaming Satan for mine, or anyone else’s sin. Each person is given a choice to sin or to not sin and it’s their choice of which one they pick, Satan just provides them with a sinful option. I just wanted to clarify 😉

Well, I blame it on you two, Erynne and Rose, you started me on this. That’s my excuse anyway. xD

Well I enjoyed reading that and I actually don’t disagree with anything you say so that really makes me glad to know that I’m not alone in my beliefs. I’m not sure if you can relate, but for me it sometimes seems that me and my church family are the only ones out there with our belief. It’s just rare for me to find someone that I can say “yes, I totally agree” to 😉

I am more than happy to take the blame for that. I also liked your analogies

On another note, Cathy finally explained what she meant, and, um, idk what to say to that XD

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

@erynne

My favorite dreams are the ones you can control. They’re also my least favorite because they seem to be the most bizarre which makes it impossible to explain to people.

LOL IKR!!!

Fries and sarcasm live in a world of equality ok?

ok that’s fair 😉

Even though Noah and I are more attractive than guns, I totally agree anything can be attractive if you give ’em a gun. Almost anything. There’s some stuff that’s just no.

Like…what? 😇

DO IT ALL OF YOU!!! IF EVERYONE DOES IT I WILL

Guuuuuys!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME ON BE A SPORT @EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

You know what, if I was dead, everyone would die of boredom. It’s just a sad fact.

So because of that I’ll die after every other human being.

But that might look a little suspicious and I might get arrested.

But all the cops are all dead.

I’ll just have to arrest myself.

*nods with satisfaction*

Boom 👌

I don’t and you’ve never heard my voice, but I will fail I know.

You. Dare. Challenge. ME!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA, you have an awesome voice and no one will stop me from screaming that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God made you, God made your voice, ergo to insult your own voice is to insult God who made it so!!!!!! SO.

🙄*searches for appropriate emoji* 😎

CATHYYYYYYYYY PLEASE

NEVER MWHAHAHAHAH!!!!

@rose-colored-fancy

Sorry I didn’t mean to embarass you but IT WAS SO PRETTY!!!

Like…your voice? *cue puppy eyes* ehh well it was worth a try XD.

Bacteria wouldn’t dare break the international agreement of five seconds.

Exactly! Or I’d murder it. 😊

*Rummages through the conversation and screenshots it.* Legal evidence   (Or blackmail? Which is it?)

Who do I need to bribe/blackmail in return? *ahem* who’s the judge of this “legal evidence” 😉

OOH, THAT’S A COOL BOOK PLOT!!! XD (jk, kinda) Oh, that actually explains a lot… How are you dealing with my brain, I never meant to inflict that on you XD Nobody else was supposed to deal with that…

*Total freedom to be stupid* Thanks!

*Squints suspiciously* This sounds extremely familiar.

LOL, I forgot another frequent dream incident is that I dream I’m one of my characters. Or just another character that I don’t know. I just know I’m not myself, it’s very weird XD

This has happened with Liorah but mostly with Aydin. I’ve had dreams from his POV several times which is weird since I don’t even relate to him that much? I guess I just think about him a lot.

I actually had another Aydin dream last night. It’s usually some kind of weird AU thing but sometimes it’s just a detailed retelling of a scene I’d been plotting. And I instantly forget it upon waking up.

OH YES!!!! I keep dreaming I’m Alessio!!

@noah-cochran

AMEN!

Yes yes. Not all Americans are hyperactive demon bantoms… 😈

I have a hard time believing that.

Well gee thanks Camirvablahblah!!!

*trashes the fake tears strategy, takes a moment of thought, picks a new strategy, and flashes you the single most charming smile you’ve ever seen*

I’ll take that as a compliment in disguise.

*Ok what am I even supposed to do with that 🤦‍♀️*

🤨

😱

🥱 *unimpressed* 🥱

Only if Rose does, i.e, I’ll pass.

Aw come on! Do it so I can hear Erynne’s voice, don’t ya wanna hear Erynne’s voice?!?

Second line to the bottom on the base clef.

If you can sing as low as a dwarf, you can see at least as low if not lower than me. Wild.

Lol!

Oh. Not clowns. Predestination. *puts on a different communication style hat*

Whoa, whoA whoa!!! HOLD right there yo people!!! You betta just take that to The Forum coz I love everybody here and we ain’t doin’ that here, ok? Ok. Perfect.

@erynne

@Noah-Cochran

HA! 😱 LOL

@rose-colored-fancy

I’m working on not being a chicken XD

Just be a demon chicken bantam 😉

Okayyy, I’m jumping in here! XD

See, exactly!!! Wait–

*Is ignoring this entire conversation I ain’t even reading it unless it’s on The Forum coz I like everybody here and we ain’t starting that!!! *

@erynne

On another note, Cathy finally explained what she meant, and, um, idk what to say to that XD

*Dude I told you to act like you figured it out yourself 🤦‍♀️* 😜

To be a light to the world you must shine in the darkness.

Erynne
    @erynne

@this-is-not-an-alien

ok that’s fair

*forces self not to make an inside joke*

Mhmmm 😶

Like…what?

Biden.

OH OH BOOOOOOMMMMM!!!

Boom

Thank you

You. Dare. Challenge. ME!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA, you have an awesome voice and no one will stop me from screaming that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God made you, God made your voice, ergo to insult your own voice is to insult God who made it so!!!!!! SO.

*is speachless*

Technically I said I wouldn’t challenge you so you do not have the right to say that.

Aw come on! Do it so I can hear Erynne’s voice, don’t ya wanna hear Erynne’s voice?!?

Haha uhh huh

*Dude I told you to act like you figured it out yourself  *

Nobody would’ve believed that.

Erynne
    @erynne

Oh and umm @Noah-Cochran Cathy sorta kinda mentioned that you were um searching f-for beta readers for uh, The Thief’s Dilemma so I was just gonna say um say I might sorta be interested if you want me to ya know sooooo yeah

*attempts dashing smile*

*hides behind @This-is-not-an-alien and whispers “if he doesn’t want me to LIKE I SAID HE WOULDN’T Im blaming you”*

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@noah-cochran

Listen, a woman with the fighting skills you have cannot be a chicken, just think about yourself as a warrior duchess and put on a pristine look everytime your in a social situation, and you’ll be fine.

That’s great advice XD

O_O And  the PM got re-elected? I’m torn between disdainful disgust and hilarity. xD

Impressive, innit? XD People are so freaking stupid.

Whoa, whoA whoa!!! HOLD right there yo people!!! You betta just take that to The Forum coz I love everybody here and we ain’t doin’ that here, ok? Ok. Perfect.

Cathy is being very wise and besides that I really don’t like discussing theology, so I’m going to say that I agree with you on some points (The reasons why we should obey Him and spread the word, that was a great analogy and I completely agree) and disagree with you on others (The concept of original sin and the elect) and leave it at that 🙂 That was a very interesting read though, thanks for sharing!

@erynne

Cathy sorta kinda mentioned that you were um searching f-for beta readers for uh, The Thief’s Dilemma so I was just gonna say um say I might sorta be interested if you want me to ya know sooooo yeah

*attempts dashing smile*

*hides behind This-is-not-an-alien and whispers “if he doesn’t want me to LIKE I SAID HE WOULDN’T Im blaming you”*

DO IT!!! I’m about 130 pages in and it’s awesome!!! You’ll love it!

@noah-cochran

The tower scene was iconic. I’m never forgetting that one. The sheer chaos of it XD

Also, how do you keep gathering so many beta readers!?! It’s crazy! I have a couple people who I’m going to rope into it but people are throwing themselves at Thief’s Dilemma! If it’s any indication, you have a bestseller on your hands 🙂

@this-is-not-an-alien

Like…your voice? *cue puppy eyes* ehh well it was worth a try XD.

My vocal cords froze. If you get the tempratures up to about 80 degrees this month I might consider it.

Who do I need to bribe/blackmail in return? *ahem* who’s the judge of this “legal evidence”

Nobody yet… XD Just in case… (LOL, I couldn’t use it without blaming myself, the plan was mine in the first place. Come on, it would have been funny!!)

For everyone who didn’t see the conversation, I told Cathy I had to do an assignment about the lungs for school and I wanted to add just a few too many details about what lungs look like irl and the texture and the color etc. XD I know this from helping process turkeys but my teacher doesn’t know me and won’t know that and it would be hysterically suspicious.

OH YES!!!! I keep dreaming I’m Alessio!!

LOL, knew I wasn’t the only one XD

See, exactly!!! Wait–

*Is ignoring this entire conversation I ain’t even reading it unless it’s on The Forum coz I like everybody here and we ain’t starting that!!! *

You’re even wiser than you give yourself credit for 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 118 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest