fb

Will you have me back? Pretty Please?

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Will you have me back? Pretty Please?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@erynne

It’s always the chicken, smh. I just need to except the fact that chickens are and will always be better and more likeable than I am.

Aww, I feel for ya, chickens have always been stealing my spotlight too. We’re gonna have to do something about that.

Hmm I’ve never had a tater tote… Are they any good? Like a tote filled with taters?

Oh yes, totes and totes of taters.

That was a test and you passed 100%

Mission accomplished.

I believe it’s safe for me to admit that I think country boy fits you well.

My life goal is complete.

I looked it up and if what Google says is right, we’re only 3 1/2 hours away from each other. I don’t know why we need that information but perhaps one day we will.

Y’all should come up and visit our church sometime. 🙂

I kinda have a insatiable habit of inviting every I know to church to get to know them better, church is where I’ve met and talk to most of my friends.

Honestly as much as I love my job I would quit in a heartbeat if I got forced to take the vaccine.

You have a job already? Or was that hypothetical?

That’s great!! I am a Baptist too, but we call ourselves Reformed Baptists. I honestly don’t know too much about other beliefs so do you know if we’re on the same page?

So, I can give you a few brief things that might be different between us, but if you want a rambling, chaotic explanation that will probably drive you mad, you could take a brief glance at my comments in a thread in General Discussions started by Cathy. Me and her (and then her brother and a Calvinist) had quite a enjoyable conversation on the topic. 🙂

Here’s a brief explanation: We believe God predestination a chosen people to heaven known as the elect. During their lives, these elect will be born again/called/spiritually sanctified (same things) through no help of man, only through the gift and grace of God. I.e, people get to heaven not through preaching, good works, accepting, baptism, or any of that, only through God and Him alone. Our worship service consists of acapella singing as a congregation, prayer, and preaching. Thoughts?

*dramatically stares up into space* don’t give up.  whatever difficulties you may face, whatever criticism you may encounter, just know that someone is going through it too therefore you are not alone. It will all get easier with time, practice, and patience. Just pray, my dear friend, and keep a smile on your face….

Yeah, I got nothing.

😂

Gold, pure gold.

What’s Ocarina?

A wind instrument roughly the shape of an oval played by putting one’s fingers over holes (like a flute). They’re fun, and sound great (when played by someone good that is).

Erynne
    @erynne

@noah-cochran

Aww, I feel for ya, chickens have always been stealing my spotlight too. We’re gonna have to do something about that.

We can either destroy all chickens and chicken related animals or we can rebel against the human race and become one of them. It’s your call, I’m game either way.

Hm, I might have to try that some time.

Mission accomplished

My life goal is complete

Wow, since when did my opinion become the highlight of you bucket list??

Y’all should come up and visit our church sometime.

I dunno… What if your an axe murder and I’m just falling directly into your trap?

What’s your church called?

I kinda have a insatiable habit of inviting every I know to church to get to know them better, church is where I’ve met and talk to most of my friends.

Haha, same! Y’all should come and visit our church sometime.

You have a job already? Or was that hypothetical?

Nope I really do! That just shows how much you pay attention to our conversation though, I mentioned it before XD

I work in a small, local bakery which I am planning to take over in the next few years.

Here’s a brief explanation: We believe God predestination a chosen people to heaven known as the elect. During their lives, these elect will be born again/called/spiritually sanctified (same things) through no help of man, only through the gift and grace of God. I.e, people get to heaven not through preaching, good works, accepting, baptism, or any of that, only through God and Him alone. Our worship service consists of acapella singing as a congregation, prayer, and preaching. Thoughts?

We must have very similar beliefs because I don’t disagree with you on anything. That’s also how our worship service is set up. No concert or passing around of the offering tray. Do you agree with the teachings of John Calvin?

Gold, pure gold.

Well thank you 😁

A wind instrument roughly the shape of an oval played by putting one’s fingers over holes (like a flute). They’re fun, and sound great (when played by someone good that is).

Oh, ok cool! I bet you’re not as bad as you think 😉

Have you been playing long?

Hmm… what is your favorite color?

I haven’t asked enough questions and you’re the only person that seems to want to talk to me so I’m not gonna let this conversation end 😂😂

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@erynne

Ack, I forgot to repy! *facepalm*

Ah, you see, I would do that. If I knew I was going to be executed I would just spend my last moments insulting people. *claps for Liorah*

Valid point XD I hope I’d have the guts to do it too, but we both know I wouldn’t XD

EXACTLY RIGHT!!! Like why do we, as writers, say we write because we enjoy it but complain about absolutely everything?? We’ll even call it relaxing and sometimes therapeutic, but truthfully we only enjoy it for the first few minutes?

The best part of writing is when you finished writing XD The actual act of writing is only occasionally fun XD

I apologize for my ramble that doesn’t make any sense

Actually, that sounds really cool! I can guess where you got the inspiration 😉

Like, thirty years after the government took over their lives and freedoms the people finally decide to do something about it. I don’t think that’s really realistic and it’ll set my story aside from others which I think is cool cause I didn’t think I was capable of that lol.

I mean… that’s the logical thing to do but on the other hand: *Gestures vaguely at entire world*.

LOL, I’ve been reading your and @noah-cochran ‘s conversation and it’s hilarious XD

Good ol’ 17

5 ft 9ish, I haven’t measured for a while, so who knows.

Hey, lookit, we’re the same age and almost the same height!

So I choose Ford for no reason other than that’s what you want me to pick.

Shame on you. Shame on your cow.

In Dutch we say that Ford is an acronym for “Fouten Overal, Reparaties Dagelijks” (Translation: Mistakes everywhere, repairs: daily) XD

Yes, I’m covinced you’re just one if those “pretty city boys”

What I call an epic burn XD

Rose (of SE) convinced me to read Hunger Games, and I’ve read the first and second book. Katniss is pretty good, especially in the first book.

I live to convince people to read my favorite books XD I’m glad I succeeded again!! XD

We can either destroy all chickens and chicken related animals or we can rebel against the human race and become one of them. It’s your call, I’m game either way.

I’M IN!!! If we choose the destroy path, I suggest we start with the bantams! Big chickens are floofy at least, bantams are demon-spawn. (I have kicked bantam roosters almost as often as I have been kicked by bantam roosters.)

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Erynne
    @erynne

@rose-colored-fancy

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Valid point XD I hope I’d have the guts to do it too, but we both know I wouldn’t XD</p>

Oh I totally would XD

Actually, that sounds really cool! I can guess where you got the inspiration

NO, ROSE! THIS IS NOT A REMAKE OF THE HUNGER GAMES!

I mean… that’s the logical thing to do but on the other hand: *Gestures vaguely at entire world*.

Exactly lol

LOL, I’ve been reading your and @noah-cochran ‘s conversation and it’s hilarious XD

Haha oh no!

*not me over here trying not to feel short and young at 15 and 5’8ish* 😐

Shame on you. Shame on your cow.

Ok I totally have Mulan going through your head. I’m happy to find another Chevy girl, or at least anti-ford girl

In Dutch we say that Ford is an acronym for “Fouten Overal, Reparaties Dagelijks” (Translation: Mistakes everywhere, repairs: daily) XD

Can you tell me how to pronounce that so I can start using it?? XD

Ikr? Thanks XD

I’M IN!!!

Excellent. The only problem with destroying all the chickens is we’ll need a lot of freezer space. If we become one of them one of two things will happen

1) we proudly get put into a mental hospital

or

2) we get put into a circus which could be interesting cause Noah can be a singing chicken and he could sing songs from Greatest Showman, and you could be a chicken that jumps through a ring of fire, and I’ll somehow end up as a clown chicken driving a super tiny chicken car.

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@erynne

NO, ROSE! THIS IS NOT A REMAKE OF THE HUNGER GAMES!

…. I was thinking of real life but that works too XD Never thought I’d confuse the two but here we are!

Haha oh no!

My thought that Americans are weird has been affirmed again XD Why are you talking about different states like they’re different countries??? Everyone knows America only has a couple states. New york, Hollywood, Texas, Disneyland, and McDonalds.

Ok I totally have Mulan going through your head. I’m happy to find another Chevy girl, or at least anti-ford girl

I have actually never watched Mulan (I know, uncultured swine) but I know the memes XD Part of knowing me is being continually horrified by the very common pieces of media I’ve never seen XD. I have never watched Shrek, and I’ve never watched Lion King. *Cue horrified gasps* XD

I have no opinion on cars besides not ford XD

Can you tell me how to pronounce that so I can start using it?? XD

Step 1: Say it.

Step 2: Wrong. XD

2) we get put into a circus which could be interesting cause Noah can be a singing chicken and he could sing songs from Greatest Showman, and you could be a chicken that jumps through a ring of fire, and I’ll somehow end up as a clown chicken driving a super tiny chicken car.

*Blinks rapidly* That isn’t remotely where I expected that sentence to go. That’s the most horrific imagery I have ever had the misfortune of reading, you should be proud of yourself XD You’ll go very far as a writer if you keep that up XD

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@erynne and @rose-colored-fancy

Let’s do it.

I’M IN!!! If we choose the destroy path, I suggest we start with the bantams! Big chickens are floofy at least, bantams are demon-spawn. (I have kicked bantam roosters almost as often as I have been kicked by bantam roosters.)

Member recruited. Bantams are indeed demon-spawn.

O_O 😮

This is the moment when one wonders if one is drunk.

*Blinks rapidly* That isn’t remotely where I expected that sentence to go. That’s the most horrific imagery I have ever had the misfortune of reading, you should be proud of yourself XD You’ll go very far as a writer if you keep that up XD

No. Kidding.

I dunno… What if your an axe murder and I’m just falling directly into your trap?

You wound me Erynne.

What’s your church called?

It’s named after a creek called Rocky Fork. Strange, but original.

We must have very similar beliefs because I don’t disagree with you on anything. That’s also how our worship service is set up. No concert or passing around of the offering tray. Do you agree with the teachings of John Calvin?

Do you use instruments in your worship? Or is it actually acapella?

We agree with several of Calvin’s doctrines (especially regarding the tulip), but we do not believe in what Calvin would call the Perseverance of the Saints, which states that born again people will show that they are born again by continuing in good works through their whole lives. We also do not believe int eh absolute predestination of all things.

That just shows how much you pay attention to our conversation though, I mentioned it before XD

My deepest apologies, I’ll blame it on information overload.

I work in a small, local bakery which I am planning to take over in the next few years.

Take it over? Either that bakery is tiny or you are ambitious, which is good. 🙂

Have you been playing long?

A couple years.

Hmm… what is your favorite color?

All colors are beautiful. The crackling bronze leaves of autumn, the living greens of spring, the pure whites of snowflakes meandering through the sky, the golden rays of summer wrapping one in its warm embrace, the deep blues of crashing waves, the vibrant scarlets of blood coursing through human veins, the thundering blacks of a storm rent sky.

I haven’t asked enough questions and you’re the only person that seems to want to talk to me so I’m not gonna let this conversation end

😄

LOL, I’ve been reading your and Noah‘s conversation and it’s hilarious XD

We do our best.

We’re so old.

I love it. xD

I am suitably burnt.

*not me over here trying not to feel short and young at 15 and 5’8ish

Be glad you’re young, I wish I had my 15th year back so I could make it about forty million times more productive.

Step 2: Wrong. XD

You would make an amazing teacher Rose.

😉

Erynne
    @erynne

…. I was thinking of real life but that works too XD Never thought I’d confuse the two but here we are!

Ah, my mistake. You have a point tho

My thought that Americans are weird has been affirmed again XD Why are you talking about different states like they’re different countries??? Everyone knows America only has a couple states. New york, Hollywood, Texas, Disneyland, and McDonalds.

HAHAHAHA

That’s really funny because I saw a meme about someone in Europe driving to another country to get Burger King and it said “this is a lot funnier to Americans because in Europe you seriously can just drive to another country to got BK” that’s just where my brain went to…

I have actually never watched Mulan (I know, uncultured swine) but I know the memes XD Part of knowing me is being continually horrified by the very common pieces of media I’ve never seen XD. I have never watched Shrek, and I’ve never watched Lion King. *Cue horrified gasps* XD

Got that right, YOU UNCULTURED SWINE!! Well in Mulan Eddie Murphy’s character, a dragon named Mushu, (the best character of the movie) says “Dishonor on you, dishonor on your family, dishonor on your cow!”

I’m a total Disney dork….

I have no opinion on cars besides not ford XD

That’s good enough for me

Step 2: Wrong.

I actually think I can handle that

😂😂😂

*bows repeatedly* thank you, thank you!

I’ve actually given the idea a lot of thought since I’ve had nothing better to do

Erynne
    @erynne

@noah-cochran

Let’s do it.

Which one?

Shhhhhh we don’t talk about that

You wound me Erynne.

I guess I should give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you truly just want me to go to your church and perhaps one day develop a friendship with me….

Nah, I like the axe murder idea better. It makes my life more interesting.

It’s named after a creek called Rocky Fork. Strange, but original.

I like it!! I may or may not look it up since stalking people is one of my hobbies

We agree with several of Calvin’s doctrines (especially regarding the tulip), but we do not believe in what Calvin would call the Perseverance of the Saints, which states that born again people will show that they are born again by continuing in good works through their whole lives. We also do not believe int eh absolute predestination of all things.

Yeah we do too. I agree with you on the good deeds part, I do believe in predestination tho.

Do you use instruments in your worship? Or is it actually acapella?

Acapella

My deepest apologies, I’ll blame it on information overload.

Well gee, thanks man

Take it over? Either that bakery is tiny or you are ambitious, which is good.

Both XD

Actually if I didn’t currently work in one, I would be trying to figure out how to start one. My boss is in poor shape and she doesn’t think she can run the business for too many more years, so she was searching for someone that could take it over and that person just happened to be me. She doesn’t have any kids or anything, but she’s known my grandpa for quite some time and he knows I have a passion in baking so he got me this job and now I’m a few years away from owning The Pie Safe of Pocahontas Missouri.

All colors are beautiful. The crackling bronze leaves of autumn, the living greens of spring, the pure whites of snowflakes meandering through the sky, the golden rays of summer wrapping one in its warm embrace, the deep blues of crashing waves, the vibrant scarlets of blood coursing through human veins, the thundering blacks of a storm rent sky.

That was incredibly calming, ngl XD

I am suitably burnt.

Can I get you some ice?

Be glad you’re young, I wish I had my 15th year back so I could make it about forty million times more productive.

15 has been fun so far. I have my permit so that’s been great. (I got pressured into telling you I can drive and this is probably the most casual way I could’ve done it)

She totally would XD

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@noah-cochran

O_O

ngl, I thought that too XD

Something I love about an entire forum of writers is that you get beautiful, poetic posts like this:

and like two posts back you find:

Written by the same person. Like a day apart. In the same conversation.

I know I do this too, no need to remind me XD

We’re so old.

Ancient. I feel eighty and twelve at the same time. I know nothing but I’ve lived through lifetimes I can barely remember.

*Nods sagely* I know.

@erynne

That’s really funny because I saw a meme about someone in Europe driving to another country to get Burger King and it said “this is a lot funnier to Americans because in Europe you seriously can just drive to another country to got BK” that’s just where my brain went to…

I know exactly which meme you’re talking about and it’s my pleasure to inform you that it’s absolutely correct XD Some people in our area drive to Germany to fill their cars because gas is like fifteen cents cheaper XD

15 has been fun so far. I have my permit so that’s been great. (I got pressured into telling you I can drive and this is probably the most casual way I could’ve done it)

America is exponentially more dangerous. XD

Got that right, YOU UNCULTURED SWINE!! Well in Mulan Eddie Murphy’s character, a dragon named Mushu, (the best character of the movie) says “Dishonor on you, dishonor on your family, dishonor on your cow!”

I’m a total Disney dork….

Funny thing, I see a lot of media second hand XD I just read the memes and theories and stuff people write about it and connect the dots. My mental plot for it is better than whatever actually happened XD

I actually think I can handle that

Just try your best. Don’t worry if it’s hard at first.

*bows repeatedly* thank you, thank you!

I’ve actually given the idea a lot of thought since I’ve had nothing better to do

Tbh, the idea that you spent any length of time thinking about that is almost as terrifiying as the mental image you painted XD

Erynne
    @erynne

@rose-colored-fancy

Something I love about an entire forum of writers is that you get beautiful, poetic posts like this:

and like two posts back you find:

I laughed at that so hard 😂

I know exactly which meme you’re talking about and it’s my pleasure to inform you that it’s absolutely correct XD Some people in our area drive to Germany to fill their cars because gas is like fifteen cents cheaper XD

I would drive to Germany for cheap gas. It’s like $3.something here right now which is crazy. We thank our wonderful president for that and cheer for a NASCAR racer named Brandon every time we go to the gas station! 🤓🎉

(Oh yeah, that was smooth. *pats self on back but hand slides off cuz I’m just so smooth*)

America is exponentially more dangerous. XD

If you mean because they let ME on the roads, then yeah, you’re totally right.

Funny thing, I see a lot of media second hand XD I just read the memes and theories and stuff people write about it and connect the dots. My mental plot for it is better than whatever actually happened XD

Lol, knowing you it probably is. Are you on Pinterest?

Tbh, the idea that you spent any length of time thinking about that is almost as terrifiying as the mental image you painted XD

Well fine then, I’ll just keep my thoughts to myself from now on! *crosses arms and pouts like the four year old I am at heart* you guys are mean…

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@erynne

Nah, I like the axe murder idea better. It makes my life more interesting.

Ahh, come on.

I like it!! I may or may not look it up since stalking people is one of my hobbies

Rocky Fork Primitive Baptist Church–that should bring it up if you ever give in to those stalking habits.

I do believe in predestination tho.

In what way? Of all things? Or just the elect?

Acapella

Oh really? Nice, I rarely find other people who don’t use instruments in church. Does your church have a website?

Actually if I didn’t currently work in one, I would be trying to figure out how to start one.

Nice, that sounds like a good plan. 🙂

That was incredibly calming, ngl

Sometimes I give into my more capricious instincts. xD

I got pressured into telling you I can drive and this is probably the most casual way I could’ve done it

You got what?

You like driving?

@rose-colored-fancy

Written by the same person. Like a day apart. In the same conversation.

What can I say? I like to keep people guessing. 😉

*Nods sagely* I know.

Nodding sagely is just about the most academically evocative thing anyone can do. I am beat.

Erynne
    @erynne

@noah-cochran

Ahh, come on.

Can you blame me? You just happen to live in the same state as me and seem to think about the same way I do. Should I also mention that use the same picture for SE and Pinterest? (I stalk everyone, I’m not even kidding) That seems pretty axe murder like to me. You probably couldn’t find any other pictures of that poor boy you stole the identity of

Rocky Fork Primitive Baptist Church–that should bring it up if you ever give in to those stalking habits.

Yeah, I already did. *realizes I sound like the creepy person*

In what way? Of all things? Or just the elect?

Did I mention I’m not very smart? Can you please talk to me like your writing the book “Predestination for Dummies”?

Oh really? Nice, I rarely find other people who don’t use instruments in church. Does your church have a website?

Is there a certain hymnal y’all use? Umm I honestly don’t know lol lemme check…

http://www.gracebaptist-church.org/

We do! If you click on Menu it’ll give you a lot more info. You probably could’ve figured that out but I told you anyway.

You got what?

You like driving?

I got pressured. It’s a word. It means my life was being threatened because of you.

I was on my phone at my grandma’s yesterday and my cousin/one of my best friends wanted to know what I was doing:

Me: “talking to someone”

Him: “Who?”

Me: “A dude named Noah from my writing forum”

Him: “is he your boyfriend”

Me: “absolutely not, I don’t even know him, we just started chatting Sunday”

Him: *continues to ask me questions about Noah*

Also him: “you should tell him you know how to drive”

Me: “Why?”

Him: “because it’s cool and he might want to know”

Me: “I’m not going to just tell him I can drive that’s kinda weird”

Him: *smiles knowing my weaknesses* “I dare you to”

Me: *rolls my eyes in defeat because I absolutely hate not doing dares unless it’s totally drastic*

So there we go, there’s your tmi moment for the day.

Yup, I love driving and no matter what my brother says I’m actually not too bad at it XD

Erynne
    @erynne

@noah-cochran

I hope that wasn’t to weird… I don’t think before I speak and I’ll admit anything XD

Life’s too short to care! I’m the type of girl that doesn’t get offended when she gets asked how much she weighs or anything lol

Bethany
    @sparrowhawke

I’m totally inserting myself into this but

that was too hilarious. It reminds me of this map I’ve seen drawn by someone (an Australian I believe) who didn’t live in the U.S.

@erynne

Hi there hello, welcome back, I think I remember talking to you? Anyways, glad you’re back, hope you’re able to get all the writing things done. I’ve just been stalking this whole conversation (don’t worry I’m not an axe murderer) but I’m a hopeless suburbanite so all this talk of chickens and sheep–aren’t those those meat things in the styrofoam containers you buy at the store? jkjk, I actually do know people who keep chickens in their backyard. And who own half a cow, named Stew.

"Can't have dirty garbage."

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Heyyy I see your back! How did your thing go? Did you see where I responded or did it not go through?

Ack! That’s right, I need to get back to you *me; chronically late because I don’t plan ahead…XD*
    *me for ten minutes* *ten thousand different “things” quiz through my head like machine gun bullets made of new shinies and half-baked ideas* …which thing? I forget everything I write right after I send it XDDDD (was it graphic design or newsletter project or whatever random other thing idk…graphic design still pending newsletter just finalized and my brain is ooze!)

*skims over entire set of conversations I have got to go through and insert myself into because they’re so good. Plus I’m rude XDDDD*

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 118 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest