fb

Will you have me back? Pretty Please?

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Will you have me back? Pretty Please?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@erynne

Ummmmmm excuse me, did you just include “Liorah” and “behaving” in the same sentence???

I KNOW I KNOW!!! It’s not so much that as that I’ve planned for her not to behave XD The sheer amount of stupid chaotic reckless stuff Liorah does in one book is truly incomprehensible. Her personal best is repeatedly insulting someone who is literally on the point of executing her. I kid you not. Even I was impressed XD

Wow that’s excellent!! I am almost done with the first draft of my fantasy, but I don’t plan on finishing it for a while. My new book is my priority at the moment. (Even though I’m still in the plotting stage. Ugh)

LOL, someone who hates plotting as much as I do! I plot everything out in relative detail but sometimes I get to a point where I don’t know what will happen until I’ve written it so my outline has a lot of question marks XD

What’s your new story’s premise?

After I finish this draft, I’m going to print out and read the first draft of book 2. I’m SO looking forward to that, there is nothing as satisfying as holding your 130k manuscript in your hands in actual paper and knowing that you MADE THAT!! True bliss. (until you read it and cringe)

Anyway, then I’m beta reading for someone while I plot book 3 and then I’m going to see if I can write book 3 (which will probably be over 100k) in less than three months. Fun times XD (I’m so going to hate myself XD)

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Erynne
    @erynne

@rose-colored-fancy

Her personal best is repeatedly insulting someone who is literally on the point of executing her. I kid you not. Even I was impressed XD

Ah, you see, I would do that. If I knew I was going to be executed I would just spend my last moments insulting people. *claps for Liorah*

LOL, someone who hates plotting as much as I do! I plot everything out in relative detail but sometimes I get to a point where I don’t know what will happen until I’ve written it so my outline has a lot of question marks XD

EXACTLY RIGHT!!! Like why do we, as writers, say we write because we enjoy it but complain about absolutely everything?? We’ll even call it relaxing and sometimes therapeutic, but truthfully we only enjoy it for the first few minutes? 😂

What’s your new story’s premise?

Ughhh idk. It’s a futuristic government control gimme my freedom thing. I know there’s a lot of stories like that but I honestly think mine’s different because most stories start in the middle of life, like after the government already has control, whereas mine starts before that happens so you can see the problems arise and the rebels rebel as soon as they see it start to happen. That’s one of the things I don’t understand about other books like that. Like, thirty years after the government took over their lives and freedoms the people finally decide to do something about it. I don’t think that’s really realistic and it’ll set my story aside from others which I think is cool cause I didn’t think I was capable of that lol.

I apologize for my ramble that doesn’t make any sense

After I finish this draft, I’m going to print out and read the first draft of book 2. I’m SO looking forward to that, there is nothing as satisfying as holding your 130k manuscript in your hands in actual paper and knowing that you MADE THAT!! True bliss. (until you read it and cringe)

Ahhh that’s fantastic congratulations!!!!! I’m so happy for you! 😁 (don’t worry, a writer is his own worst critic)

Anyway, then I’m beta reading for someone while I plot book 3 and then I’m going to see if I can write book 3 (which will probably be over 100k) in less than three months. Fun times XD (I’m so going to hate myself XD)

Oof. Good luck with that!

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Erynne
    @erynne

@noah-cochran

I’d hate to steal the spotlight from Sarah, so I’ll answer your questions here.

No I don’t believe we’ve met, have you been on SE long?

I’ve been here for ten months apparently. (I just happened to notice that the other day) I kinda disappeared for a few months because my life got quite busy and I just lost the urge to write, but I’m back now and I’m working on plotting out a new story so that’s…yeah.

Well, tell me a little about yourself, how long have you been writing?

Uh two to three years. I’ve always had an interest in writing, so I wrote short stories and stuff when I was little but that was mainly for school, so I’m not sure if that counts. I was always that kid who got assigned to write a paragraph about whatever and when I was finished it was three pages long XD

If you want to actually know about me here is a paragraph from my reintroduction:

“For anyone who’s wondering who this weirdo stranger is, my name is Erynne (pronounced Erin, I know the spelling is kind of odd) I am now officially a 15 year old country girl who enjoys reading, writing, music, baking, art, etc. I am also quite goofy and I love to tease. I am also very obsessive over stuff that I obsess about because I’m obsessed. My actual hobbies, not just stuff I enjoy, include singing (not that I’m good, it just annoys my brothers), debating politics and religion and whether it’s pronounced caramel or carmel, andddd some other stuff that I would tell you if my brain worked.”

What’s your current WIP about?

It’s a futuristic government control gimme my freedom thing that I don’t really know too much about yet XD This is what I’ve been telling people it’s about (I’m sorry, I’ve literally been copying and pasting this entire conversation from other conversations)

I know there’s a lot of stories like that but I honestly think mine’s different (the government control gimme my freedom thing) because most stories start in the middle of life, like after the government already has control, whereas mine starts before that happens so you can see the problems arise and the rebels rebel as soon as they see it start to happen. That’s one of the things I don’t understand about other books like that. Like, thirty years after the government took over their lives and freedoms the people finally decide to do something about it. I don’t think that’s really realistic and it’ll set my story aside from others which I think is cool cause I didn’t think I was capable of that lol.

So there’s my ramble on that *random thumbs up cuz I do that a lot for no reason*

What are some of your favorite books?

Ahh I am a Twilight nerd for sure. I also love The Hunger Games, and I’m currently reading Little Women and I’m loving it. I’m in the process of reading The Maze Runner and Wingfeather Saga series as well. How about you??

What is your great-great-great grandmother’s maiden name?

Nope. Not happening. I’m not going to lie, I don’t even know her first name haha

Ok some for you:

How old are you? (don’t answer if you aren’t comfortable with sharing personal info)

What is your WIP about?

Do you enjoy movies and tv shows? And if so what ones?

Who is your favorite fictional character?

And….

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? (Two can play at this game)

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@erynne

I’d hate to steal the spotlight from Sarah, so I’ll answer your questions here.

Should have done that myself. 🙂

I was always that kid who got assigned to write a paragraph about whatever and when I was finished it was three pages long

Same here. 🙂

For anyone who’s wondering who this weirdo stranger is, my name is Erynne (pronounced Erin, I know the spelling is kind of odd) I am now officially a 15 year old country girl who enjoys reading, writing, music, baking, art, etc. I am also quite goofy and I love to tease. I am also very obsessive over stuff that I obsess about because I’m obsessed. My actual hobbies, not just stuff I enjoy, include singing (not that I’m good, it just annoys my brothers), debating politics and religion and whether it’s pronounced caramel or carmel, andddd some other stuff that I would tell you if my brain worked.

Ah, we have some things in common–except, perhaps, the part about being obsessively obsessive about obsessiveness. 😉

What exactly is a country girl where you come from? 20 acres and a flock of poultry? Or 50 acres and ten horses? I live out in the country as well, where I love to paddle boat out on our pond and listen to audiobooks or just look at the sky and contemplate life. I also raise ducks and sheep, so I suppose I’m somewhat of a countryboy.

I’m not into baking much (though I am interested in learning sometime) but I do like to cook casseroles or grill steak once in a while. I don’t know anyone who is worse than me at art and drawing. xD

Teasing is fun isn’t it, I probably do it a little too much though, my siblings would say so anyway. xD

I adore singing. 🙂 My favorite things to sing are folk songs, some old country songs, hymns, and what I call ‘movie songs,’ which is a genre of songs that have been produce for movies–many of which I haven’t even seen (such as The Greatest Showman). What are some of your favorite songs to sing or listen to?

One thing I like even more than singing is debating, especially politics and religion. 🙂 Me and my cousins, brother, and friends have a habit of debating and discussing both those topics many Sunday afternoons after Church. Oh, and it’s obviously carmel, no debate about that.

So there’s my ramble on that *random thumbs up cuz I do that a lot for no reason*

Keep me updated on your progress. 👍

How about you??

Hercule Poirot by Agatha Christie, Behold the Dawn by K. M. Weiland, and Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands. I love medieval history and medieval fiction, but that is hard to come by.

Nope. Not happening. I’m not going to lie, I don’t even know her first name haha

Such disrespect for your ancestors.  😉

How old are you?

Good ol’ 17. Didn’t know a thing about writing until this June when I research the topic, and then I started writing my first WIP at the end of  last July.

What is your WIP about?

I’m currently doing a brief revision of a stand alone action adventure novel set in medieval France. It titled it The Thief’s Dilemma  and opens following a character in third person named Hugon, who is, you guessed it, an expert thief. I’ve also begun brainstorming and outlining a medieval series.

Do you enjoy movies and tv shows? And if so what ones?

I do (though caveat, we use a program called vidangel/clearplay on many of them), lotr is of course amazing, and there is a movie called Hildago that I’ve seen quite a few times starring Viggo Mortensen (aka, Aragon). How about you?

Who is your favorite fictional character?

Hmm…Sage, from the False Prince is great, and so is Annan from Behold the Dawn. So no one you’ve heard of. xD What about you?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

New Zealand. No question. However…I am the definition of gregarious and I love talking to and meeting people, and NZ is rather isolated, so I’ll just stick with America. 🙂 And yourself?

Erynne
    @erynne

@noah-cochran

Same here.

Are you homeschooled or do you go to public school?

Ah, we have some things in common–except, perhaps, the part about being obsessively obsessive about obsessiveness.

Yeah, well…. I am pretty much the definition of insane XDXD

What exactly is a country girl where you come from? 20 acres and a flock of poultry? Or 50 acres and ten horses?

All of the above. The twenty acres and a flock of poultry is closer to my current status. I consider myself a country girl cuz a) I live in the country and b) I’m really southern and conservative in the way I act, dress, think, talk, etc. and I’m a total tomboy. I LOVE horses and even though I don’t have any of my own, I get to ride my only neighbors’ horses and they have me take care of them when they go on vacation. (which is like once a month lol)

I live out in the country as well, where I love to paddle boat out on our pond and listen to audiobooks or just look at the sky and contemplate life. I also raise ducks and sheep, so I suppose I’m somewhat of a countryboy.

Oh that’s awesome!! Yeah, staring at the sky and contemplating life is definitely something I do haha. We just have chickens at the moment (we just started the whole homestead thing about a year ago, so don’t judge lol) our next step is to get cows. What’s it like having sheep?? I’m not too familiar with sheep. It isn’t the most common farm animal here in Missouri.

You definitely sound like a country boy compared to other “country boys” I’ve seen 😉

I’m not into baking much (though I am interested in learning sometime) but I do like to cook casseroles or grill steak once in a while.

Baking can be fun! I actually work in a bakery so I get to do it a lot. Ahhh steak. You’re making my mouth water. XD

Teasing is fun isn’t it, I probably do it a little too much though, my siblings would say so anyway. xD

Exactly the same! Are you the oldest of your siblings?

I adore singing.   My favorite things to sing are folk songs, some old country songs, hymns, and what I call ‘movie songs,’ which is a genre of songs that have been produce for movies–many of which I haven’t even seen (such as The Greatest Showman). What are some of your favorite songs to sing or listen to?

Ok, I should’ve said that I enjoy making screaming camel sounds because that’s a little more realistic.

I love all of that too (Greatest Showman is like one of my favoritest movies ever!! What’s your favorite song from the soundtrack?) What’s your favorite country song/artist? I love ABBA, country music, oldies music, and hymns. I actually like a little bit of everything. Oh, and 90s music. I really like 90s music.

One thing I like even more than singing is debating, especially politics and religion.   Me and my cousins, brother, and friends have a habit of debating and discussing both those topics many Sunday afternoons after Church.

Ah, we might have to have a debate sometime. Like any time at all, I love debating. *smiles like an idiot*

Oh, and it’s obviously carmel, no debate about that

THANK YOUUUUU YOU ARE MY NEW FAVORITE PERSON

Keep me updated on your progress.

Sure will 👍

Hercule Poirot by Agatha Christie, Behold the Dawn by K. M. Weiland, and Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands. I love medieval history and medieval fiction, but that is hard to come by.

Oh I love the medieval times! I enjoy learning about those times in school and I love getting to dress up medievally for Reformation Day. I can’t say I’ve heard of any of those though.

Such disrespect for your ancestors.

Oh I know. I’m an awful person *sigh*

Good ol’ 17. Didn’t know a thing about writing until this June when I research the topic, and then I started writing my first WIP at the end of  last July.

Haha! I guessed correctly! 😁 Do you enjoy writing as much as you thought you would?

I’m currently doing a brief revision of a stand alone action adventure novel set in medieval France. It titled it The Thief’s Dilemma  and opens following a character in third person named Hugon, who is, you guessed it, an expert thief. I’ve also begun brainstorming and outlining a medieval series.

That’s really interesting! The second story I wrote, but never finished, of course, was set in a fantasy/ medieval world. (I talk like I’ve written a million things 😂 don’t over estimate me, I’m on my third WIP that I havent finished. I do plan on finishing and perhaps publishing this one 👍)

How about you?

Oh yeah, I’ve heard a lot about vidangel. I like a lot of the 90s shows such as Full House and Boy Meets World. Movie wise, I love musicals and Napoleon Dynamite. I don’t watch too much of modern day tv since it’s pretty much all trash.

So no one you’ve heard of. xD What about you?

Yeah, I haven’t lol. I love Jo from Little Women and also Katniss Everdean. I also get crushes on the fictional boys so any on that list lol

New Zealand. No question. However…I am the definition of gregarious and I love talking to and meeting people, and NZ is rather isolated, so I’ll just stick with America.   And yourself?

NZ is a beautiful place! I’ve never been out of the country so I can only speak from pictures, but it looks gorgeous. I am definitely an extrovert so I completely understand XD My dream is to travel the world but because of current circumstances I’m not going to be able to do that. At least it doesn’t look like it at the moment. I am in love with Paris, but I would hate to live in the city. Port Isaac would probably be my go to destination.

Whew, sorry I talk WAYYYY too much. But you’re a fun one to talk to so that’s partially your fault. Shame on you.

Erynne
    @erynne

@noah-cochran

This is a painting I did that’s supposed to be of NZ. It’s awful and the bad quality makes it look even worse so I honestly don’t know why I’m showing you but I am so get over it

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@erynne

Hey Erynne, sorry for the rather belated response, SE was messing up again.

I homeschooled my whole life, but am now taking classes at a career tech placement high school where my dad teaches, and I am also taking online college. How about you?

I’m really southern and conservative in the way I act, dress, think, talk, etc.

I’m glad to hear it.

A conservatively insane countrygirl, interesting. 😉

What’s it like having sheep?? I’m not too familiar with sheep. It isn’t the most common farm animal here in Missouri.

Sheep are rare in Missouri are they? Well, as a fellow Missourian, I would like to dispute that fact. 🙂

Exactly the same! Are you the oldest of your siblings?

Second oldest of seven. I have a sister who is twenty. How about you?

Ah, we might have to have a debate sometime. Like any time at all, I love debating. *smiles like an idiot*

Yes we should. 🙂

Haha! I guessed correctly! 😁 Do you enjoy writing as much as you thought you would?

You guessed me at 17 over the internet? That’s a first.

My love for writing only continues to increase the more I do it.

I do plan on finishing and perhaps publishing this one

I’ll hold you to that.

Yeah, I haven’t lol. I love Jo from Little Women and also Katniss Everdean. I also get crushes on the fictional boys so any on that list lol

I started little women, my sisters like it, I might read it someday. I was able to get through Emma by Jane Austen though, after a couple of female friends cajoled me into it, it was decent. Rose (of SE) convinced me to read Hunger Games, and I’ve read the first and second book. Katniss is pretty good, especially in the first book.

Fictional boys huh, so do you like Peeta or Gale better?

I am in love with Paris, but I would hate to live in the city.

If I ever can, I would like to tour much of Europe (that’s my love for medieval europe talking), but we’ll see.

Whew, sorry I talk WAYYYY too much. But you’re a fun one to talk to so that’s partially your fault. Shame on you.

How dare I.

This is a painting I did that’s supposed to be of NZ. It’s awful and the bad quality makes it look even worse so I honestly don’t know why I’m showing you but I am so get over it

😭

Okay, I’m over it. 😉 It’s pretty good, worlds better than anything I could do. Did you just do that? Or is NZ something you’ve drawn in the past?

Erynne
    @erynne

@noah-cochran

I’m using my old fashioned flip phone that I only have because I needed something for work to write this so it might be all whacked up lol

How about you?

First of all, I must say that college at 17 is very impressive. I went to public school then after the third grade my mom started homeschooling me. She never wanted me to go to a public school to begin with, but my daddy was in the army and we just couldn’t afford it.

A conservatively insane countrygirl, interesting.

Tell me now, Mr Noah, what part of that is interesting? I am the most boring person you will ever meet 😂

Sheep are rare in Missouri are they? Well, as a fellow Missourian, I would like to dispute that

Oh would you? Well also as a fellow Missourian, I can honestly say I’ve only seen a sheep farm one time. Ever. Now, that’s just down here in the south where we say “taters” and “warsh” I can’t speak for any city boys. 😉

Where at in Missouri do you live?? I haven’t met anyone on SE from my part of the world yet.

Second oldest of seven

Wow that’s so cool! I would love to have a huge family. (Ok I have a huge family but not by siblings like that)

How about you?

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>I’m the oldest of three. I have two younger brothers.</span>

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Yes we should </span>

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Well Imma pro life, pro God, pro gun, Trump supporter who doesn’t support the false meaning of the rainbow flag and thanks and supports our veterans. I also believe all lives matter fight for my constitutional rights and refuse to get vaccinated even if it means I can’t travel the world. So go ahead, call me out and let’s have a debate.  </span>

I apologize for my lack of punctuation. It’s really hard to be proper on this phone lol

You guessed me as 17 over the internet? That’s a first

I sure did! Are you one that people usually guess to be older or younger?

People always think I’m older because I’m pretty tall XD

My love for writing only continues to increase the more I do it

I can relate 😁

I’ve read the first and second book.

I’ve only read the first but I plan on reading them all here soon.

Fictional boys huh, so do you like Peeta or Gale better?

Ah no! You do not want to hear about the boys I’ve crushed on 😂 since you asked, I’ll admit Peeta all the way.

If I ever can, Id love to tour much of Europe

Oh so would I!! France and Spain and Belgium and Italy… I could go on for days about all the places I want to see lol

Haha it’s not but thanks for the compliment. Not gonna lie, I’ve been looking around for several days for something to paint since it had been a while and your mentioning NZ inspired an idea. I thought you might like to see it but I probably just gave you nightmares about the place. Sorry.

Oh I asked around and I couldn’t find out what any of my great great great grandmas maiden names were.

You’re terrible at answering questions man. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE COUNTRY SONGS? (Im just picking on you 😉)

But just for that you have u answer this one as well *evil laugh* Chevy or Ford?

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@erynne

First of all, I must say that college at 17 is very impressive. I went to public school then after the third grade my mom started homeschooling me. She never wanted me to go to a public school to begin with, but my daddy was in the army and we just couldn’t afford it.

Eh, it’s just early online college, I’m not planning on taking anything more than that. I’m glad to here it, public schools are just crazy these days.

Oh would you? Well also as a fellow Missourian, I can honestly say I’ve only seen a sheep farm one time. Ever. Now, that’s just down here in the south where we say “taters” and “warsh” I can’t speak for any city boys. 😉

I wouldn’t say sheep are common in MO, but I’ve seen more sheep here than any other state. Of course, I haven’t lived in any other states, but we’ll just ignore that fallacy. City boys with sheep? Interesting.

Where at in Missouri do you live?? I haven’t met anyone on SE from my part of the world yet.

First off, as a guy whose traveled to Texas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, got right next to Louisiana, and is going to Georgia this February, I don’t consider MO southern at all. xD

We live in central MO, around Columbia. I assuming you’re near Branson or the Ozarks?

Well Imma pro life, pro God, pro gun, Trump supporter who doesn’t support the false meaning of the rainbow flag and thanks and supports our veterans. I also believe all lives matter fight for my constitutional rights and refuse to get vaccinated even if it means I can’t travel the world. So go ahead, call me out and let’s have a debate.

I’m a christian, so yes, I’m definitely pro life, pro God, and against rainbow flag garbage. I am also not vaccinated and I highly agree with you, everyone should have the right to do as they please. I’m definitely pro guns, but I do believe their should be some kind of limit to what you can own (for instance, I don’t want some guy building a tank missile or atom bomb in my city). So we agree on a lot.  🙂

Now for the thing I disagree with you on. As you can see, I will obviously not be supporting any democrats or radicals due to their anti-christian beliefs. However (and this is a debate I have a lot with my cousins and friends at church), I do not support Trump due to the fact that is very obviously not living the christian life. I vote for Godly men above all else (not that I’ve voted yet, but my dad and mom do the same thing), not how good they are for the economy. Trump is not a Godly man, and so I will be voting for some constitutional or libertarian party guy. Thoughts? 🙂

I’ll admit Peeta all the way.

Agreed

Gale is top notch boring, and Peeta is obviously the spotlight.

I sure did! Are you one that people usually guess to be older or younger? People always think I’m older because I’m pretty tall

When I was 14, people thought I was 16, when I was 15, people thought I was 18, now people think I’m 17-19. So older, which is a good thing for a teenager usually. But in my case, height definitely has nothing to do with it. I am not tall, especially when juxtaposed with my friends, who all seem to be between 6 and 6.5 feet. xD

You’re terrible at answering questions man.

Oh come on Erynne, be nice.

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE COUNTRY SONGS?

Gambler by Kenny Rogers, Take Me Home Country Roads by John Denver, and Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash. What about you?

What’s your fav genre of music?

But just for that you have u answer this one as well *evil laugh* Chevy or Ford?

So this is something that I am known for: not caring a fig about vehicles or their brands. xD I have a several friends that are automobile whizzes, and even the ones who aren’t know a ton more than me. So I choose Ford for no reason other than that’s what you want me to pick.

Erynne
    @erynne

@noah-cochran

Eh, it’s just early online college, I’m not planning on taking anything more than that. I’m glad to here it, public schools are just crazy these days.

That’s still really cool tho. I bet it’s stressful XD

Oh I know! Being able to decide what sex you want to be in kindergarten is bad enough, now they’re adding CRT. All of it is just screwed and I honestly feel bad for anyone who has to deal with it.

I wouldn’t say sheep are common in MO, but I’ve seen more sheep here than any other state. Of course, I haven’t lived in any other states, but we’ll just ignore that fallacy. City boys with sheep? Interesting.

Well I’ve been to Tennassee, Kentucky, Indiana, Virginia, North Carolina, Oklahoma, and I’ve lived in Kansas and Illinois so I guess I’ve got you beat there XD

I’ve only lived in other states because I’m an arny brat so It’s really not that interesring on my end lol

Yes, I’m covinced you’re just one if those “pretty city boys”

I don’t consider MO southern at all. xD

No, Missouri isn’t southern, however am. I’m a total redneck XD

We live in central MO, around Columbia. I assuming you’re near Branson or the Ozarks?

Ok cool! I actually live more up north than that. I’m not sure how familiar you are with the area, but I live near Perryville. And if you don’t know where that is I live about 45 mins away from Cape Girardeu. And if you don’t know where that is I’m going to give up and say that I’m about 2 hours south of STL. (You know where that is, being a city boy and all)

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Political stuff</p>

I actually agree with you all the way. I completly agree with your views on Trump. He is a very ungodly man, but he’s the lesser of two evils which is sadly how we have to choose our rulers these days. I show my support to him because I know how the liberals and dems got him out of presidency because he can somewhat turn this country around to the great nation it once was.

And yeah, I also agree with your view on guns. I’m also thrilled to hear you don’t support the Skittles flag.

Can I ask what your views on the vaccine is? Are you nit vaccinated because you don’t trust or agree with it ir have you just not gotten it yet? 

Gale is top notch boring, and Peeta is obviously the spotlight.

Oh for sure. The only thing I don’t like about Peeta is that he’s quite feminine

When I was 14, people thought I was 16, when I was 15, people thought I was 18, now people think I’m 17-19. So older, which is a good thing for a teenager usually. But in my case, height definitely has nothing to do with it. I am not tall, especially when juxtaposed with my friends, who all seem to be between 6 and 6.5 feet. xD

Ha, I can relate. When I was 14 (you know like a whole month ago) I got asked if I was married and in college 😂

How tall are you?

Oh come on Erynne, be nice.

You’re asking for too much. That is out of my capabilities.

Gambler by Kenny Rogers, Take Me Home Country Roads by John Denver, and Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash. What about you?

Ah I love all of those. Especially the John Denver one, and that is my favorite Johnny Cash song. I was actually singing it in the car this morning.

Umm Idk. Todays country is not country so none of that. I do like some of it I just don’t classify it as country. I guess I’ll have to go with Country Roads Take Me Home (thank you, it’s stuck in my head now), One Way Ticket by Leann Rimes, Thunder Rolls by Garth Brooks, The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia by my great aunt Reba Maccentire (nit really but that’s what she’s referred to in my house. There’s a story behind it lol) oh and The Devil Went Down to Georgia. Im really hoping to learn that one in the violin.

What’s your fav genre of music?

I like a little bit of everything but country or “movie songs” 👍

So this is something that I am known for: not caring a fig about vehicles or their brands. xD I have a several friends that are automobile whizzes, and even the ones who aren’t know a ton more than me. So I choose Ford for no reason other than that’s what you want me to pick.

I cant say i know anything about vehicles. I can change a tire and change the oil in a vehicle but that’s bout it. I do know what i like tho and you are totally wrong. Chevy is the correct answer. Ford= Found On Road Dead. I dont know how you can sleep at night you little ford loving city boy.

My dream vehicle is an old, beat up Chevy truck

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@erynne

Well I’ve been to Tennassee, Kentucky, Indiana, Virginia, North Carolina, Oklahoma, and I’ve lived in Kansas and Illinois so I guess I’ve got you beat there

Now wait just a minute Erynne my friend, I was talking about southern states. Most of those aren’t southern. If we’re counting all states, I’ve also been to Nebraska, Indiana, Virginia, Kentucky, Illinois, Arkansas, and Iowa. I’ve driven through even more. I have no idea why were trying to one-up each other on states we’ve visited, but these things happen it seems.

Yes, I’m covinced you’re just one if those “pretty city boys”

*is slightly speechless on how in the world I’ve been titled a city boy by a woman whose biggest farm animal is a chicken

I must be the strangest “pretty city boy” to ever exist then, living as I do surround on all sides by two cattle farmers and a small horse ranch.

And if you don’t know where that is I’m going to give up and say that I’m about 2 hours south of STL. (You know where that is, being a city boy and all)

What’s St. Louis? A catholic saint who lives in France?

He is a very ungodly man, but he’s the lesser of two evils which is sadly how we have to choose our rulers these days. I show my support to him because I know how the liberals and dems got him out of presidency because he can somewhat turn this country around to the great nation it once was.

So if Stalin, Napoleon, and some unknown strong christian were running for president, and the strong christian had no chance, you would vote for Napoleon just because he is less evil than Stalin? The lesser of two evils argument is very common, but if everyone quit using it and voted for a truly christian person, one might actually win.

Can I ask what your views on the vaccine is? Are you nit vaccinated because you don’t trust or agree with it ir have you just not gotten it yet?

Okay, first off, I don’t plan on ever getting it, but there are a few different reasons. I don’t think it is necessary with a sickness like Covid for one thing, but my family has also convinced me that many vaccines can be damaging to people, so there’s that reason too. However, I’m not saying I would never get a vaccine in some other, super deadly sickness in some hypothetical time.

Side note, I do not think there are any conspiracies regarding the vaccine (or the presidential elections for that matter), but I do think it might be harmful to humans.

Ha, I can relate. When I was 14 (you know like a whole month ago) I got asked if I was married and in college 😂

That’s hilarious. xD But also probably a good thing, people your age who are guessed older are usually guessed older if they acting more mature than their peers.

How tall are you?

5 ft 9ish, I haven’t measured for a while, so who knows. How about you? 6 ft 10ish?

You’re asking for too much. That is out of my capabilities.

You’ll get there.

oh and The Devil Went Down to Georgia. Im really hoping to learn that one in the violin.

You play the violin? Do you play anything else? Know much music theory?

I dont know how you can sleep at night you little ford loving city boy.

*is once again speechless

I…uh…you are a little insane aren’t you?

😉

I couldn’t care less for ford. Or chevy (heresy, I know). They’re all blah, I’ll get whatever’s cheapest.

Erynne
    @erynne

@noah-cochran

So how is Tennessee southern but Missouri isn’t? I also forgot about Texas and Arkansas. I don’t know why we are either. We just are ok?

Ok you know what you can just be quiet now 😂 don’t pick on my chickens. I’m surrounded by cows, horses, and fields. I have one visible neighbor and that’s it.

I need evidence that you aren’t a pretty city boy. Do you know what taters are and do you wear skinny jeans and a cowboy hat?

Ok I’m second guessing being impressed that you’re in college… If you want to think thats what STL is you in right ahead.

I admit defeat. Something I’ve never done before, but you raise an excellent point and I think I agree. I still support Trump and I don’t personally think there’s anything wrong with that. Now don’t get me wrong I don’t kiss the ground he walks on like other Trumpers, and I don’t even consider myself a Republican but I do support what he did for our country.

I am very happy you don’t plan on getting it. And yeah you’re absolutely right about Covid not being serious enough for it. I’ve had it and it’s definitely not fun (I still can’t taste or smell anything) but there are so many lies and misbeliefs put into the sickness and the vaccine that I’ve seen firsthand. I don’t trust it and since I don’t even know what sideeffects I would have in 5 years if I got it, I definitely don’t intend to get it.

I also don’t agree that people should be forced to get it or they lose their rights as a human being. If your job was on the line do you think you would break down and get it?

I saw somewhere that you are a pastor’s son? What is your belief?

Well I don’t know if I would say Im mature I mean just the little bit about myself I’ve told you proves that to be true XD

Oh ok. The way your were talking I was expecting like 5’2 hahaha

I’m actually only about 5’8

Yes I do! I also play a little bit of piano and I am learning guitar. I do a little bit of theory I guess.

Yes I am very insane!! People either seem to hate me or love me because of that.

If I’m boring you just tell me. I know I talk too much 😂

Erynne
    @erynne

@this-is-not-an-alien

Heyyy I see your back! How did your thing go? Did you see where I responded or did it not go through?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by Erynne. Reason: I can't type

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@erynne

So how is Tennessee southern but Missouri isn’t? I also forgot about Texas and Arkansas. I don’t know why we are either.

Well, I didn’t think Tennessee was southern at all either until we went their last March to a church meeting and I met and talked to a girl who had a more southern accent than any Mississippian or Texan I’ve ever heard. xD

We just are ok?

I shall endeavor to quit being petulant.

Ok you know what you can just be quiet now 😂 don’t pick on my chickens. I’m surrounded by cows, horses, and fields. I have one visible neighbor and that’s it.

I humbly and sincerely apologize. To your chickens. 😉

I need evidence that you aren’t a pretty city boy. Do you know what taters are and do you wear skinny jeans and a cowboy hat?

Taters as potatoes/tater-totes, skinny jeans are–I can’ think of a proper euphemism–ridiculous, and my brother wears a cowboy hat, so that counts.  I would say I’m a city boy living in the country, or a hybrid of the two, but you can call me whatever you want. 🙂

Ok I’m second guessing being impressed that you’re in college

I knew you would come around.

Yes, I live around 2 hours from St. Louis as well.

If your job was on the line do you think you would break down and get it?

Depends how much I wanted my job, and how dangerous I thought the vaccine was. As of right now, I think getting the vaccine is not a big enough deal for me to quit my job over, but it depends on the circumstances. How about you?

I saw somewhere that you are a pastor’s son? What is your belief?

Tis true. We are baptists, but we call ourselves Primitive Baptists (meaning historical, or conservative, not cave dwelling)  to help show the differences between us and other strains of baptists that we disagree with. How about you?

Oh ok. The way your were talking I was expecting like 5’2 hahaha

Thank God, no.

Yes I do! I also play a little bit of piano and I am learning guitar. I do a little bit of theory I guess.

Tips on guitar? I’ve kinda got into a while back, but for now I really just sing and play the Ocarina.

If I’m boring you just tell me. I know I talk too much

When you can sense someone’s vivacious temperament through a screen, that person is far from boring. 🙂 Talk as much as you want.

Erynne
    @erynne

@noah-cochran

Well, I didn’t think Tennessee was southern at all either until we went their last March to a church meeting and I met and talked to a girl who had a more southern accent than any Mississippian or Texan I’ve ever heard. xD

Oh well ok then XD

I shall endeavor to quit being petulant.

Well that’s not necessarily what I’d call it

I humbly and sincerely apologize. To your chickens.

It’s always the chicken, smh. I just need to except the fact that chickens are and will always be better and more likeable than I am. 🙁

Taters as potatoes/tater-totes,

Hmm I’ve never had a tater tote… Are they any good? Like a tote filled with taters?

skinny jeans are–I can’ think of a proper euphemism–ridiculous,

I could not agree more. Women already shouldn’t wear ’em, dudes just look- stealing your words- RIDICULOUS in ’em. That was a test and you passed 100%

and my brother wears a cowboy hat, so that counts.  I would say I’m a city boy living in the country, or a hybrid of the two, but you can call me whatever you want.

Yeah it’s practically the same thing. I don’t wear one either since I don’t have one lol. I’ve been told I look good in one tho 😏 (😂 just ignore me) I mainly just wear my Appeal to Heaven hat I made

I believe it’s safe for me to admit that I think country boy fits you well.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Yes, I live around 2 hours from St. Louis as well.</p>

I looked it up and if what Google says is right, we’re only 3 1/2 hours away from each other. I don’t know why we need that information but perhaps one day we will.

Depends how much I wanted my job, and how dangerous I thought the vaccine was. As of right now, I think getting the vaccine is not a big enough deal for me to quit my job over, but it depends on the circumstances. How about you?

That’s understandable. Honestly as much as I love my job I would quit in a heartbeat if I got forced to take the vaccine. I refused to be pushed around like that and I’m not going to let anyone win. It’s my freedom they’re trying to mess with and that’s not acceptable. I don’t think I would quit right away, I’d stick up for myself and if that didn’t work I’d quit.

I’m sure I sound insane XD (like in a different way….)

Can you respect my opinions even if you don’t agree?

Tis true. We are baptists, but we call ourselves Primitive Baptists (meaning historical, or conservative, not cave dwelling)  to help show the differences between us and other strains of baptists that we disagree with. How about you?

That’s great!! I am a Baptist too, but we call ourselves Reformed Baptists. I honestly don’t know too much about other beliefs so do you know if we’re on the same page?

Tips on guitar? I’ve kinda got into a while back, but for now I really just sing and play the Ocarina.

*dramatically stares up into space* don’t give up.  whatever difficulties you may face, whatever criticism you may encounter, just know that someone is going through it too therefore you are not alone. It will all get easier with time, practice, and patience. Just pray, my dear friend, and keep a smile on your face….

Yeah, I got nothing. I have been failing at keeping up with it, I just know practice makes perfect and the sore fingers really do go away XD

What’s Ocarina? I’m a musician not a smart person, ok?

When you can sense someone’s vivacious temperament through a screen, that person is far from boring. Talk as much as you want.

Well that made me smile 😂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest