fb

Why I "hate" time-travel stories.

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Why I "hate" time-travel stories.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
    @thewirelessblade

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, maybe they (who they are) are right. But that’s not important right now. Here’s why I hate (see annoyed) by Time-travel stories.

I’m just sayin’, man. It’s stupid.

*Forum Signature here*

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

Wow. XD That’s both impressive and incredibly annoying.

One of my favorite Pinterest pins:

(The Flash has embedded in me a… strong dislike for time travel. XD)

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
    @thewirelessblade

That’s probably an accurate timeline, though I haven’t seen much of the show.

The moral of the story: Stop messin’ with the cotton-pickin’ stinkin’ space-time continuum!

*Forum Signature here*

Princess Foo
    @princess-foo

I don’t like time travels stories either. They are normally really confusing. I did read one that I liked recently though. It was called All of Our Yesterdays. It was about a girl who’s best friend turned evil and created a time machine, so she has to go back in time and kill him while he is protected by her younger self, who doesn’t know what is going on. The time travel sciency part didn’t make that much sense, but I thought the concept was really cool.

The cake is a lie. acaylor.com

Brie Donning
    @brie-donning

I don’t mind time travel within certain boundaries. These cases are okay.

A: It doesn’t mess with the timeline, the time travel always had happened, and you can’t change a thing.

B: It creates alternate timelines so you can’t get back to where you were.

This means not travelling into the future and coming back from it. Because travelling back in time erases that future, making it meaningless.

There was a time travel story I quite enjoyed, that involved the MC being pulled into the future to save everyone from his childhood acquaintance who had taken over the world. It all went quite well, until he went back to his own time, and made a choice that complete erased the story making it pointless.

ENFP - Introspective extrovert

Exploring reality, yearning for adventure.

Lillian.Parks03
    @lillian-parks03

hmm can’t say i agree, I don’t personally write time travel but I love reading it.

https://www.pinterest.com/parkerlillian2003/
    https://www.facebook.com/lillian.parker.182940

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

I don’t mind time travel if it’s done well and truly has it thought out. One of the things that bugs me is people are always warned that you can’t change the past, you can only learn from it, and if you mess with the past it could have serious repercussions and either they’ll go back and change things even when they were told they couldn’t, or they’ll do things that should have had affect on the future and don’t.

And it all depends too on how the author treats that person. When he time travels, has his body moved out of the present and into the past, or does he now have two bodies, in a way, and could meet his younger self on the street? Or when he’s in the past does he go to his younger body? Does he go back to being a ‘character’ in life or is he an extra person, an observer?

Mostly all the picky things mean that it has to be really, really well done for me to like it. I enjoyed the second Griffin Sharpe book, The Future Door, mainly because it the time machine was a tea-pot. Also the Nick of Time books, which combine time travel, Nazis, and pirates. Hello, how more awesome can you get?

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest