Who wants coaching?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Who wants coaching?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

Hi guys,

I’m looking to ramp up a writing coaching program, and before I do I want to do some beta testing to get the kinks worked out and get some reviews.

So I’m opening up three coaching slots. It’ll be a discounted price, since you’ll be doing me a service by signing up. I’m looking for 1-3 people to fill these three packages:

1. An hour breakthrough session. This will be a video call. Submit any issue you’re having with your novel to me and I’ll work you through it step by step to try to find a breakthrough to get your novel back on track. If this doesn’t take a full hour, then we can focus on anything else for the rest of the time.

2. An hour story premise consultation. This will be a video call. Submit any story premise or outline you’re working on and I’ll help you flesh it out, improve it, and get to the heart of what the story’s about.

3. General writing analysis. Send in a writing excerpt of up to 5,000 words and I’ll give you feedback on your general writing skill as well as your specific strengths and weaknesses in approximately 30 different areas of writing. I’ll also give you tips for improving.

For each package, I’ll be charging a discounted price of $30. The three available slots are open on a first-come, first-serve basis.

I’m going to tag my guild, but the three openings are anyone’s to take.

@piperbee
     @gabriellepollack @ethryndal @corissa @raemarie @bama-rose @kate @r-m-archer @literatureforthelight @j-parkhurst @gabbyj @cassandraia @chalice @noahlitle @julianne @germaine-han @sesi @r-j-karas @rosemarylouise @msqueen8 @eden-anderson @noodle-mum @italian-stallion @kayla-skywriter @w-o-holmes

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Rachel
    @msqueen8

@daeus-lamb

I would be very interested in that 3rd one. 🙂

Writer, Young housewife, and Anti-Feminist

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@olivia ?

Courage, dear heart ~ Aslan

Steward of the Pen
    @steward-of-the-pen

@daeus-lamb

I would love to do the second one!

Zachary Holbrook
    @toklaham-veruzia

@daeus-lamb

Aaaannnndddd I’ll take the first one. I’m working on developing four different novel ideas, so the tricky part will be picking one to focus on.

おはいよう. 日本語は好きです .

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@msqueen8 @steward-of-the-pen @toklaham-veruzia Thanks, guys!

Okay, Rachel, you can go ahead and email me that 5,000word excerpt and I’ll aim to have your report done for you in the next couple days.

Steward of the pen and Zachary, when would be good times this week for me to meet with you? (I’m in the EST timezone.)

I’ve still got to get my Stripe account set up, so you’ll be billed after the consultations are complete. 🙂

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Steward of the Pen
    @steward-of-the-pen

@daeus-lamb

Anytime between 8:00 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday would work for me, except for 2-4:30 p.m. on Thursday. (I am also EST.)

Is there anything I should do to prepare for the call?

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@steward-of-the-pen Just make sure you have a skype or google account. Also, send me an up to 500-word description of the story problem you want a breakthrough on.

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@steward-of-the-pen Just make sure you have a skype or google account. Also, send me an up to 500-word description of the story problem you want a breakthrough on.

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Steward of the Pen
    @steward-of-the-pen

@daeus-lamb

Yep, I have a google account.

Okay! I’m doing the story premise consultation, though, so do you want me to send a 500-word description of my story’s premise? I don’t have a full outline (currently pantsing a first draft…), but if you want, I can also send a rough outline of what I’ve written and planned so far.

Also, shall I send it to your Story Embers address or is there another email you’d rather I use?

Thanks!

Zachary Holbrook
    @toklaham-veruzia

@daeus-lamb I can’t do it this week– I don’t have a specific problem I need help with yet. If you’d rather give the spot to someone who can use it immediately, that’s fine.

おはいよう. 日本語は好きです .

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@steward-of-the-pen Yes, go ahead and send me a brief rundown of your story. I generally use my email daeus@thescratchingquill.com

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@toklaham-veruzia Thanks for letting me know. I would prefer to do the session with someone this week if I can find someone who would volunteer.

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Steward of the Pen
    @steward-of-the-pen

@daeus-lamb Okay, I will do that ASAP.

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@msqueen8 Here’s a little reminder. 😉

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest